• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The armor situation is getting... embarrassing

574 posts in this topic

Posted

Some of these are amazing. Seeing the difference between them and the battle lingerie in this game is pretty amazing. 

And all are FREE! :D And you can dye them for FREE!

And the game is FREE!

... <.< Why am I here again?

2 people like this

Posted

And the game is FREE!

Exactly! I loved Vindictus. Too bad it is extremely P2W. I've played it on and off since OBT and finally permanently quit shortly after season 3 came out.

You are here because BDO is the next best thing to Vindictus. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

if op had open with this  instead of the click baity title this thread would not be 15 pages of wah "they are trying to take my sexy armor," and general not reading the post

Posted

Some of these designs are really ugly imo. I like more tuned down ones, which BDO offery, at least for males.

Posted

Exactly! I loved Vindictus. Too bad it is extremely P2W. I've played it on and off since OBT and finally permanently quit shortly after season 3 came out.
You are here because BDO is the next best thing to Vindictus. ;)

Yeah, but... Vindictus has better combat, better bosses, better armors, free dyes... I didn't feel so limited there. Here if I didn't have pets I wouldn't be able to grind on my horse. I'm wearing the same thing all the time. I'm too scared to dye it, because all dyes are RNG and even if I buy 1000s of boxes with loyalty or money, I might never get the same shade again. And if I wanted to change colors of my dyed armor I'd have to pay for Bleach or buy new armor and enchant it to +15... And since I never PvPed in Vindictus, I didn't care about other people being ahead of me or having cool stuff they got from the Cash Shop. Here I have to PvP once I reach the level, and I can't help but gain levels. Even now I get levels, and I only craft, fish and take care of my garden, because I'm too tired after work to quest and grind... I know that once I'm of level I'll by fighting with people who gain advantages from CS stuff. Like Ghillie, or dog-detector, people who'll buy ellion tears after they're killed while I lose hours of exp over and over...

Idk... I liked being able to get premium currency in Vindictus and get CS stuff after grinding for a while to be on the same level as money spenders. Here I'll always be behind if I won't open my wallet.

Posted

This topic has been discussed to death in pretty much every korean mmo.  I support the idea of a more variety of costumes for both genders, but in all reality it's probably not going to happen primarily because it's a korean mmo.  They know who their majority target audience is, what they want and what sells and they know for a fact that skimpy armor for females is the biggest selling point and it always will be.  As a example you could have 2 different  sides, one side wanting full-plated badass looking armor for females and the other side wanting a maid outfit, they are going to create and release the maid outfit because they know it will sell more to their target audience.

Posted

Just once, it would be nice for someone to be able to post their own preferences without simultaneously shitting on others' preferences. Just once.

Posted

Yeah, but... Vindictus has better combat, better bosses, better armors, free dyes... I didn't feel so limited there. Here if I didn't have pets I wouldn't be able to grind on my horse. I'm wearing the same thing all the time. I'm too scared to dye it, because all dyes are RNG and even if I buy 1000s of boxes with loyalty or money, I might never get the same shade again. And if I wanted to change colors of my dyed armor I'd have to pay for Bleach or buy new armor and enchant it to +15... And since I never PvPed in Vindictus, I didn't care about other people being ahead of me or having cool stuff they got from the Cash Shop. Here I have to PvP once I reach the level, and I can't help but gain levels. Even now I get levels, and I only craft, fish and take care of my garden, because I'm too tired after work to quest and grind... I know that once I'm of level I'll by fighting with people who gain advantages from CS stuff. Like Ghillie, or dog-detector, people who'll buy ellion tears after they're killed while I lose hours of exp over and over...

Idk... I liked being able to get premium currency in Vindictus and get CS stuff after grinding for a while to be on the same level as money spenders. Here I'll always be behind if I won't open my wallet.

When you put it like that sounds really bleak.

Posted (edited)

Armors in Vindictus are amazing in general. I like that you have all the variety.

You can be a female warrior

---

1) Never drool over concept art. Ever.

2) I certainly hope those screenshots were taken by someone with a poor graphics card. It looks like pixely plastic or something you can buy at a Halloween shop for a discount. It's just layers of plate and a plethora of sideboob. Not even going to comment on that woolly star wars mammothy looking thing.

Edited by Tesi_Amsel

Posted

Hmm...

Is it a good PVE game?

Posted

Nudity sells. Daum is a company. Pearl abyss is a company.

Goal of any company = Make money.

Make money by selling nudity which appeals to most people 

Should we have less revealing armor and costumes? mmm Sure. That'd be nice honestly.

Does it bother me personally? No i like the nudity :)

1 person likes this

Posted

When you put it like that sounds really bleak.

I really like BDO and when I started playing it, it reminded me so much of all the fun I had in Vindictus. I even named my pets the names I gave to my characters on Vindictus- Vesthia, my main, Vella, and Nyksia- my Evie who I ditched for Vella. xD

It's just that... compared to Vindictus, BDO feels like it's unfinished in many areas. I know the localization process isn't finished yet, but we have no clue what will change in the future.

Right now I feel like BDO is more P2W than Vindictus, because back in Vindictus I could grind my way to Cash Shop items. Here they're locked behind a paywall and the only way for me to get those items if by paying. And they're not cheap at all. And almost everything provides advantages to paying users, many of which I can't obtain through gameplay... That sucks. :/

Hmm...

Is it a good PVE game?

Best PvE ever in my honest opinion. The only thing is- it's instanced. There's no open world, just instanced dungeons. But the environment is destructible and interactive- you can break vases, buildings, bridges, use the rubble as weapons and you can even grab a corpse of the foe you defeated and smash your living foe with it! You can also grab your enemy and slap him, kick him in the guts, push him against the wall and ram against him, lay him on your knee and break his back, push him on to the edge and kick him off a cliff... There is a character who can literally wrestle bosses. xD And in my opinion Vindictus had the best storyline. Because NPCs there are... few. You don't run from 1 NPC to another NPC all the time, to the point where there are 100s of them and you don't remember 99% of those people because they weren't important. In Season 1 there's maybe 20-30 NPCs and all are unique, have their backgrounds, personalities and it really freaking hurts when someone dies. Because you keep coming back to where they were and you feel the void they left. And you feel the guilt for not saving them (because you literally see the friend you've had since lvl 1 to lvl 60 die in front of you).

I never got as attached to NPCs as I got in Vindi. I still remember everyone I met, everyone I lost, their stories, everything.

1 person likes this

Posted

Best PvE ever in my honest opinion. The only thing is- it's instanced. There's no open world, just instanced dungeons. But the environment is destructible and interactive- you can break vases, buildings, bridges, use the rubble as weapons and you can even grab a corpse of the foe you defeated and smash your living foe with it! You can also grab your enemy and slap him, kick him in the guts, push him against the wall and ram against him, lay him on your knee and break his back, push him on to the edge and kick him off a cliff... There is a character who can literally wrestle bosses. xD And in my opinion Vindictus had the best storyline. Because NPCs there are... few. You don't run from 1 NPC to another NPC all the time, to the point where there are 100s of them and you don't remember 99% of those people because they weren't important. In Season 1 there's maybe 20-30 NPCs and all are unique, have their backgrounds, personalities and it really freaking hurts when someone dies. Because you keep coming back to where they were and you feel the void they left. And you feel the guilt for not saving them (because you literally see the friend you've had since lvl 1 to lvl 60 die in front of you).

I never got as attached to NPCs as I got in Vindi. I still remember everyone I met, everyone I lost, their stories, everything.

I dont have the same opinion.

Since its all dungeon based, running in that tiny town to speak to somes npc, then run and dungeon, complet the quest, grab another one, then run the same dungeon 10time, and go back to the same house, and repeat 20-50time... its so annoying.

Not saying since its only instancied dungeon, the immersion is 0.

+ you have to run the sames dungeon SOOOOOO many time, it get old very quick.

Regarding the gameplay on the other hand, yeah vindictus have a "better feeling" than BDO, the interactivity because source engine & havok is indeed very cool, but they succeed something with the animation & hit feedback that BDO dont give ( even if BDO fight animation are excellent too, but it miss a little something )

I miss so bad Eve scyth from vindictus, her gameplay was awesome :o

Posted

And the game is FREE!

Because as incredibly amazing as Vindictus is, is has very very little to hold players long term. :(

I admit the primary reason I was willing to get into BDO in the first place was because of how much it resembled Vindictus with a full open world.

Posted (edited)

I would like a full suit of armor for valk , yes i understand we are men and the goal is to have a half semi while gaming, but the op isnt being unreasonable.

Edited by SakariFoxx
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

1) Never drool over concept art. Ever.

2) I certainly hope those screenshots were taken by someone with a poor graphics card. It looks like pixely plastic or something you can buy at a Halloween shop for a discount. It's just layers of plate and a plethora of sideboob. Not even going to comment on that woolly star wars mammothy looking thing.

Vindictus is 7 years old now, so its graphics aren't as good anymore. They're still beautiful though, and I don't think those screenshots do them justice. I loved one armor in Vindi because it had a white plushie jacket and you could see just how plushie it was by the mesh. >u<

I also liked that inner armor in Vindictus looked 3D. Like actual clothing. It had shadowing, you could see how thick the material was if you zoomed in on it and everything. Some inner armors in BDO look they are body paint, not clothes.

20130325232833a0dflcb2fask18gv.jpgtumblr_mkhnmvEzkV1rn8ofxo5_1280.jpgpc_kalok_hair_cornrow.jpgtumblr_m706qppQ6v1rn8ofxo2_1280.png

635332442110918435.jpg

2016-04-22_23601321_zpsngrdbckt.png2016-04-22_23624350_zpsidlb9tnh.png2016-04-22_23606263_zps8jklldls.png2016-04-22_23611723_zpsd56wsqgt.png2016-04-22_23719819_zps0rf4p6li.png2016-04-22_23723246_zps0v8rltis.png

Edited by Vix
1 person likes this

Posted

My Barbie is pretty as fuq, I don't understand. 

Whaaa!?

Posted

Because as incredibly amazing as Vindictus is, is has very very little to hold players long term. :(

I admit the primary reason I was willing to get into BDO in the first place was because of how much it resembled Vindictus with a full open world.

One of the best things in Vindi is passively gaining Attribution Points xD I wonder how many I have now!

You just log in once in 2 years and get ALL THE SKILLS! :D

Posted

a female... uh, TERA fan

9_9

terasnowsuit.png

1 person likes this

Posted

I really like BDO and when I started playing it, it reminded me so much of all the fun I had in Vindictus. I even named my pets the names I gave to my characters on Vindictus- Vesthia, my main, Vella, and Nyksia- my Evie who I ditched for Vella. xD

It's just that... compared to Vindictus, BDO feels like it's unfinished in many areas. I know the localization process isn't finished yet, but we have no clue what will change in the future.

Right now I feel like BDO is more P2W than Vindictus, because back in Vindictus I could grind my way to Cash Shop items. Here they're locked behind a paywall and the only way for me to get those items if by paying. And they're not cheap at all. And almost everything provides advantages to paying users, many of which I can't obtain through gameplay... That sucks. :/

Well, given it costs nowt, worth taking a look, I reckon. Thx for reply :)

Posted

Vindictus is 7 years old now, so its graphics aren't as good anymore. They're still beautiful though, and I don't think those screenshots do them justice. I loved one armor in Vindi because it had a white plushie jacket and you could see just how plushie it was by the mesh. >u<

I also liked that inner armor in Vindictus looked 3D. Like actual clothing. It had shadowing, you could see how thick the material was if you zoomed in on it and everything. Some inner armors in BDO look they are body paint, not clothes.

Oh phew, lmao, sorry. I've never heard of it so I thought it was a game that was coming out. :P 

Posted (edited)

(erased all the great stuff to make the post shorter but it was pricelessly funny)

BDO forum gives me brain cancer...

Im out of likes to give because i used them up on OP's comebacks and a few other supportive comments like this one.

Edited by Ecchi Bunny

Posted (edited)

I agree that Vindictus has better combat, bosses, armors... but after grinding the same bosses for 3 or more years it can get repetitive and boring. As for dyes, you can buy dyes from the marketplace or get them from certain events, but people had to RNG them too. A 1/6 chance to get that 25/25/25 black dye that you want while all the others would sell for next to nothing. If you want the good dyes you need to buy them from the cash shop or from the marketplace for gold. The free dying I can do at the general store won't get the dyes I know I'd like. I honestly could care less about dying and do not think it is very game breaking at all. PVP is nonexistent in Vindictus, it is all about the PVE.

The only time you normally get CS stuff in Vindictus is if you are a new player, returning old player or if there is an event going on. Those alone normally aren't enough to help your gear. The enhancing and enchanting is far worse in Vindictus... the runes to protect your gear from breaking are only in the cash shop and it is pretty much mandatory to use them if you want to get anywhere with your gear. The only way to obtain them is if you know someone who would buy them for you for gold. The stats on the $30 costumes in the Outfitters makes them really good to have too. I guess if you are playing Vindictus to play it then it wouldn't seem so bad, but if you are wanting to do the higher level dungeons you need higher attack/magic/defense/bal/etc. People will and still do have attack requirements on their boats and with so few boats it is hard to find them which makes the game look dead and causes people to quit. If you can host boats then you have nothing to worry about.

I don't feel like I'm forced to open my wallet in BDO. Ghillie costumes do not make you invisible. Try playing an MMO where there is stealth like ArcheAge... that is some annoying stuff right there. If Ninja/Kunoichi are going to have stealth then there will be a lot of raging on the forums when people start getting ambushed. I guess the only thing I would actually complain about is the exp percentages on costumes/ellion tears/etc. I have yet to see anything heavily P2W in this game compared to other MMOs I have played. I honestly think there should NOT be experience loss in PVP. I believe experience loss should only be applied if you die by monsters.

Edited by Ryuna

Posted (edited)

It's ok :P I'll take my female brain over a male brawn any day :P

This thread isn't a matter of male vs female supremacy, not to mention the whole male brawn vs female brain is an overused and erroneous stereotype. If you want to talk about intelligence there are extensive studies done on intelligence, IQ and gender differences. The findings are controversial, but generally with a male advantage in intelligence which may be real or a statistical artifact. For example, here is a short article published in the prestigious Nature journal of an exchange between Irwing & Lynn vs Blinkhorn on the subject (http://sci-hub.io/10.1038/nature04966).

This is another can of worms I don't want to open, especially because it has nothing to do with this thread.

Edited by Featherine