• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The armor situation is getting... embarrassing

574 posts in this topic

Posted

I do not support objectifying women by sexualizing them or depicting them in any demeaning manner.  I never said that i support the depiction of women showing their intimate parts with boobs hanging out.  I don't see that in the outfits in the OPs post.  Those outfits are not revealing and cover the entirety of a woman's body.  The skirt hems are of reasonable length and not at all out of the norm worn regularly by women, and especially young women, in the real world.  Even their legs are covered with tights or stockings.  Surely you and your daughters wear tights and stockings? Please try not to put words in my mouth to support a personal agenda or point of view. 

I would not wear anything alike those outfits first because I find them tacky. They are just not to my liking. And I am sorry but the Karlstein is plainly showing crotch. If you like to go out wearing something like that, I have no problem, but I would not. You were the one who started labeling prudes and what not. I am just pointing out not everyone who prefers more decent and covering clothes is a prude or a bigot. And no, I dont wear stockings much, I find them uncomfortable. My favorite clothes are jeans, T-shirts and sneakers.

Posted

Why is everyone trying to over complicate this matter? Either you think players should have more options or you think what is being offered is option enough, pick one and stop over complicating the discussion. 

Posted

My favorite clothes are jeans, T-shirts and sneakers.

Well there you go, that pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

I am more the girly type and I prefer dresses, skirts and heels.

Yay for preferences :)

Posted (edited)

I would not wear anything alike those outfits first because I find them tacky. They are just not to my liking. And I am sorry but the Karlstein is plainly showing crotch. If you like to go out wearing something like that, I have no problem, but I would not. You were the one who started labeling prudes and what not. I am just pointing out not everyone who prefers more decent and covering clothes is a prude or a bigot. And no, I dont wear stockings much, I find them uncomfortable. My favorite clothes are jeans, T-shirts and sneakers.

Lets not forget about the angel outfit that is surprisingly not listed here... It is practically see through.

Edited by Ryuna

Posted

the whole "i would not wear this" is old here is a kicker you not going to do a lot of thing in real life you do in a game same goes for what you TOON wears i know i would not wear  what my sexy witch wears because i am a DUDE sex sell and i bet my life more sexy outfits are going to sell then none sexy outfits so take a guess on what is going to get made more ?

Posted

Well there you go, that pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

I am more the girly type and I prefer dresses, skirts and heels.

Yay for preferences :)

Unfortunately this game currently does allow for anything but a single preference. 

the whole "i would not wear this" is old here is a kicker you not going to do a lot of thing in real life you do in a game same goes for what you TOON wears i know i would not wear  what my sexy witch wears because i am a DUDE sex sell and i bet my life more sexy outfits are going to sell then none sexy outfits so take a guess on what is going to get made more ?

Yeah but it isn't more it's almost exclusively, and while that particular method does sell more, it only sells to a specific market, and wouldn't it be smarter to be milking two groups of players and not just the bigger one? 

Posted

Either you haven't seen many human bodies in your day or you're a victim of the same photoshopped/digitized sex objects plastered all over the internet and this game. The majority of human bodies are downright ugly when viewed without clothes or an air brush.

Different people have different perspective on how things should be beautiful. What is ugly to you may not be ugly to another person.

i suggest some people here visit deviantarts, there are many amazing nude artists/CG/photographer there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Likewise, it's fine if people want more options, I don't mind it. But don't tell me or others how I should dress up my chars or myself because you have a different belief system than me or call people names. It's my char, my outfit, my $ that i spent buying that outfit, not your. You don't see me calling people prude and such in my argument to get my point across, I respectfully keep my opinions about other people to myself.

Ultimately, let have both revealing and covered up armor. You want covered up? You have it. I want revealing? I get it. There is no point to fight in this thread because each people have different belief, different way of life, different point of view, etc. Having more varieties of both revealing and cover up outfit = win-win for everyone. 

2 people like this

Posted

Either you haven't seen many human bodies in your day or you're a victim of the same photoshopped/digitized sex objects plastered all over the internet and this game. The majority of human bodies are downright ugly when viewed without clothes or an air brush.

For one, this obviously doesn't apply to everyone - not everyone has a great sexy bod. Fortunately in this game, a fit attractive figure is the norm. Or are you going to argue everyone is too attractive now? 

Posted (edited)

Different people have different perspective on how things should be beautiful. What is ugly to you may not be ugly to another person.

i suggest some people here visit deviantarts, there are many amazing nude artists/CG/photographer there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Likewise, it's fine if people want more options, I don't mind it. But don't tell me or others how I should dress up my chars or myself because you have a different belief system than me or call people names. It's my char, my outfit, my $ that i spent buying that outfit, not your. You don't see me calling people prude and such in my argument to get my point across, I respectfully keep my opinions about other people to myself.

Ultimately, let have both revealing and covered up armor. You want covered up? You have it. I want revealing? I get it. There is no point to fight in this thread because each people have different belief, different way of life, different point of view, etc. Having more varieties of both revealing and cover up outfit = win-win for everyone. 

Once again people, read the thread and stop trying to put words in people's mouths they never said. I never once told anyone what they should wear on their characters or how they should look, I and *every* other player posting in the 20 pages on this thread in support of it have just asked for options for us that don't involve our female characters looking like sex-workers(To us).

Honestly I wouldn't care if you played your character buck naked with invisible armor, I just don't care. I only want a costume option for my characters that I can be proud of without feeling like a pervert for playing it. Something realistic would be preferable.

For one, this obviously doesn't apply to everyone - not everyone has a great sexy bod. Fortunately in this game, a fit attractive figure is the norm. Or are you going to argue everyone is too attractive now? 

I was only arguing that the majority of people have ugly bodies which is pretty much truth unless you're one of those wierd hipster people who are into grungy, dirty, and ugliness in general.  Human bodies are just ugly. Just take a look at a penis sometime and try to find the beauty in that lol.

In the game well...my wizard's body is pretty ugly to me and he's sporting an Asian package if you know what I mean but I don't really look at him with his clothes off so no big deal. I made a sorc and she's night an day different, looks like a Super Model fresh off the runway. I don't look at her with her clothes off, and she's dressed like a Hobo. I'd love to be able to buy a costume to make her look like a Bad ass (My wizard has the Pre-order costume) but I don't have any interest in the options I have right now so I'm just sharing my dissent here. 

Edited by Ezareth

Posted

COULDN"T AGREE MORE! MALE COSTUMES NEED TO BE MUCH MUCH MORE SLUTY.

Posted

Once again people, read the thread and stop trying to put words in people's mouths they never said. I never once told anyone what they should wear on their characters or how they should look, I and *every* other player posting in the 20 pages on this thread in support of it have just asked for options for us that don't involve our female characters looking like sex-workers(To us).

Honestly I wouldn't care if you played your character buck naked with invisible armor, I just don't care. I only want a costume option for my characters that I can be proud of without feeling like a pervert for playing it. Something realistic would be preferable.

I was only arguing that the majority of people have ugly bodies which is pretty much truth unless you're one of those wierd hipster people who are into grungy, dirty, and ugliness in general.  Human bodies are just ugly. Just take a look at a penis sometime and try to find the beauty in that lol.

In the game well...my wizard's body is pretty ugly to me and he's sporting an Asian package if you know what I mean but I don't really look at him with his clothes off so no big deal. I made a sorc and she's night an day different, looks like a Super Model fresh off the runway. I don't look at her with her clothes off, and she's dressed like a Hobo. I'd love to be able to buy a costume to make her look like a Bad ass (My wizard has the Pre-order costume) but I don't have any interest in the options I have right now so I'm just sharing my dissent here. 

Forgot to mention my 3rd and 4th paragraph wasn't directed at you.

Posted

Oy vey, more shekel slinging cucks who are embarrassed by the female body, good goys

Posted

Lets not forget about the angel outfit that is surprisingly not listed here... It is practically see through.

This outfit was not included because I was mostly focusing on armor disparity, where the male armor looked like something you would go to war in, and the female armor looked like something you'd go to a costume party in.

Both the male and female of that armor is pretty revealing, so it didn't really deserve mention, IMO.

COULDN"T AGREE MORE! MALE COSTUMES NEED TO BE MUCH MUCH MORE SLUTY.

By my logic in the OP, you aren't wrong. I asked for more options. Almost all of the female character armor options are extremely revealing; by contrast, almost all of the male armor options are not. By virtue of giving choices... yep, bring on the banana hammocks.

Posted (edited)

Female fighters having small armor parts/cleavage is historically correct though. Pearl Abyss have stated they take armor outfits from history and give them a twist for max immersion. All throughout history incredible female fighters/gladiators/barbarians/vikings all wore similar skimpy armor due to them wanting to be flexible and be able to move on the battlefield/arena. (Armor is heavy YO)

Even though its a game I think more people need a history lesson on what people have worn throughout history. As most look almost identical style to BDO's. (except for crazy angel wings etc)

I'm all for skimpy armors in games, 100% okay with them, but to say they're realistic is blatantly false.

Female fighters did NOT wear revealing outfits during battle. They literally used the same types of armors as males did, without cleavage, without revealing any skin.

Maybe in some care cases female fighters would wear skimpy costumes but they did so to throw their male opponents off balance, to abuse the fact that men are less inclined to hit a defenseless woman. It had nothing to do with mobility. And even so, these skimpy female fighters were in the vast minority. Most women would wear armor and their armor looked exactly the same as male armor.

Edited by Lucos
1 person likes this

Posted

By virtue of giving choices... yep, bring on the banana hammocks.

By virtue of being a Korean MMO....there are no Bananas.

Posted

Well I don't mean looking at a specific body part and calling a pinky beautiful - all about the whole package (heh) minus the bush. Then again, I've practiced some figure drawing so.. 

BDOs costumes look tame to me compared to other Asian mmo's, but we also had a grand total of two? Costumes on release. Karlstein is the "sexy" one while the valks long legged version is a good middle ground. I'd be surprised if the next costume is another skimpy one considering the angel wing came out of nowhere. 

But I agree with more options, and I don't even like our current costumes all that much, but it's either that or stay a hobo. 

Posted

Perhaps they should just release a chain mail burka, surely that is more fit for the western audience. 

Posted

Daum plz less skimpy outfits not everyone is into them 

Posted

The high school bullies in this thread are the ones dictating their sanctimonious and self righteous lifestyles on everyone else, and calling them all types of demeaning names simply because they choose to live their lives differently.  They are in the same category as the bigots, the prejudiced, and the religious zealots among us.  If that hurts your feelings, then I'm sorry.  The truth hurts sometimes. 

At this point, I am starting to doubt your sincerity in the conversation and am beginning to wonder if we are, collectively, being trolled. Up until now, most of the women here have disagreed with you and taken the time to, individually, to refute the majority of what you have said. And your response?

To mention words like feeling creepy, weird, and embarrassed when wearing these outfits is so far out and offensive that I don't even know where to start.  I'd question the honesty, and frankly femininity, of any girl who agreed that she feels creepy, hookerish, downright weird, or in any way embarrassed by wearing any of the outfits depicted in that post by the OP. 

Attempting to shut them down by questioning their femininity and honesty if they disagree with you? Excellent.

You have some odd fear about the idea of women in this game being given an option outside of the current skimpy and revealing clothing available; as if you are worried that when given that option, they might choose it and cause there to be less revealing outfits out in the wild. So much so, that when a man adds his support to the mix, that there should be more options available in the future, you respond with...

Its not enough that men want to tell us what to wear and how to dress in real life, now they want to tell us what we should be wearing and how we should be dressing in a silly video game.  There is nothing wrong with any of the outfits in that OP.  Its just females wearing female appropriate clothing.  Females like to be pretty.  We wouldn't spend a dime if all that was available for us to wear in a cash shop was clunky looking armor outfits.  That's a guy thing.

Women want to feel pretty, and wouldn't spend a dime on the clothing if it was "clunky", because that's "a guy thing"? Nice.

These tactics are vaguely similar to those used by men on 4chan, posing as women in order to cause damage to their arguments. In fact, you are so dedicated to this course of action, that when I mentioned in another post that I had issue in TERA with the idea of sexualizing the little girl class, you replied with

It also shows that you have a long history in your crusade against what we wear.  Obsessed much? 

I guess you hoped that maybe you could paint me in some overly chauvinistic light, and that I would back off / you would gain support from those who hadn't bothered to read my posts? It doesn't appear to have worked, considering the outpouring of support this thread has received. How horrible of me, asking that there be more options for women to choose from in the game and not wanting to see little children sexualized!

Such monster. Much horribleness.

But honestly, the icing on the cake for me is...

My friends and I have worn these same exact outfits and all of our friends and family have seen us playing and they have been nothing but complimentary of the outfits in BDO saying they are so feminine, appropriate, and respectable, especially when compared to how women are depicted in other games.

I ALMOST bought that you were legit, until there. After this point, your ceaseless attempts to derail the conversation and vilify the idea of having real armor for women in the game, as well as vilify anyone who asked for it, has basically outed your true intentions. Unfortunately for you, most of the people involved here would like to see more options, as opposed to having an entire population of the game pigeon holed into being sex symbols constantly. No matter how hard you try, you won't gain much support in trying to stop that train.

And to finish it off, I believe that you said it best:

If that hurts your feelings, then I'm sorry.  The truth hurts sometimes. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Daum plz less skimpy outfits not everyone is into them 

But most pay for them.

Posted (edited)

I'm all for skimpy armors in games, 100% okay with them, but to say they're realistic is blatantly false.

Female fighters did NOT wear revealing outfits during battle. They literally used the same types of armors as males did, without cleavage, without revealing any skin.

Again it all depends on what era/year your thinking of.... Armor has changed throughout history, getting bigger, heavier and bulkier. There was plenty of female Roman/Greek gladiators /Amazon's who wore hardly anything. But did so to increase mobility. That's fact. So get your head out of your ass and think further back in time. (Instead of your Game of thrones perception on full plated armor)

Ladies.-Bad-ass-since-the-Roman-times.-A

Pearl Abyss have said they are ripping armor out of different timelines for costumes+adding fantasy to it, as we see with latest Samurai outfits.. 

Edited by CAKE

Posted

I just want to add that as a woman, I don't really mind those skimpy outfit. In fact. I like some of them. But, as there will always be people who disagree with it, I respect your opinions. 

Likewise, I'm perfectly fine with having more varieties including covered up outfit,  but don't try to take away or prevent cute/sexy/revealing outfit in the future. More varieties for both = win =]

1 person likes this

Posted

I just want to add that as a woman, I don't really mind those skimpy outfit. In fact. I like some of them. But, as there will always be people who disagree with it, I respect your opinions. 

Likewise, I'm perfectly fine with having more varieties including covered up outfit,  but don't try to take away or prevent cute/sexy/revealing outfit in the future. More varieties for both = win =]

Exactly. The goal has never been to reduce the choices offered; rather, the goal has been a request to Daum to expand upon the available choices to suit more tastes.

Taking away content is never the answer! 

Posted

I gotta say as a female, I stopped wearing my costume on my witch because I got sick of looking like I was headed out for an evening in on the town with my platform heels and miniskirt. So I'm running around in my burlap sack outfit on my witch just because it looks far more realistic.

1 person likes this

Posted

Now, I think options are great. If your character is attractive and wants to show off their assets, go for it! But wouldn't it also make sense to offer at least ONE costume for each class, just 1 out of the 4 or 5 each has, that is just the tiniest bit more badass, as opposed to skimpy and hookerish er, I mean, cutesy.

Just saying. Even as a straight dude, this is getting downright weird for me. I'm getting embarrassed to show this game off to coworkers.

That's all. Let the flaming begin.

inb4 I get called a prude.

EDIT: I was called a misogynist instead. Unexpected, but educational.

I agree with you, the quality is dumb down just so they can show skin, but it depends on the person who's designing the outfit really and in korea more skin means more sells. most of the shop items are dictated by how well it sales in korea.