• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvE Hopes & Dreams

111 posts in this topic

Posted

PVE HOPES & DREAMS

While Black Desert Online for NA / EU is not finalized, let's go into the discussion here with the mentality that big, ground breaking changes and additions to the game would take a lot of time and not be implemented upon launch. This thread is for people to just toss around ideas and have a conversation about what they might like to eventually see in Black Desert's PvE -- from when you get to new zones (like Valencia or anything additional after), and the like.

It is also for people to express things they like about current PvE but where tweaks could be! Maybe you've even thought of an avenue where it would benefit both PvP and PvE gameplay.

Let's stay chill and crack this open! Give us your hopes for the game (realistic ones) as well as your (possibly unrealistic) dreams. Or if you don't want to do that, just tell us what you think really works for Black Desert!

HOPE:

• Dramatic PvE story lines that tangle directly with lore events when you're leveling (possibly for later content zones like after Valenica).
  • Group content of some sort with interesting rewards.
  • Active lore that makes us feel like the world is not stagnant (guild vs guild helps make the world feel active however too!)

DREAM:

• Some sort of dungeon system that benefits PvE folks while not alienating PvP frands.
4 people like this

Posted

I know that feel dear PvE brother however the PvP crowd seems like they want to keep this game as niche as possible ;_;

5 people like this

Posted

With hope, Daum will see that there is plenty of money to be made from both playstyles and choose not to leave the PvE community out in the cold.

6 people like this

Posted

I think it's just a matter of making our voices heard & staying pretty chill through the process. Don't get discouraged!

3 people like this

Posted

anything that is not instanced could work in BDO, majority of players want to keep the openworld aspect.
as instanced zones kills the interaction between players .
you can always make friends with PVPers that deal with it while you peacely pve :)

there is plans to put world bosses around. 

1 person likes this

Posted

It'd be great if they made some sort of dungeon system, I'd be looking forward for it :P

1 person likes this

Posted

I read somewhere of a 100 floor underground dungeon that was rumoured? I'd think if done well that would really work wonders.. :3

2 people like this

Posted

It'd be great if they made some sort of dungeon system, I'd be looking forward for it :P

there is ALOT of hidden underground zones. you have to look for it !

Posted

IMO World bosses are great but if you focus predominantly on world bosses then it sort of becomes routine. There is A LOT to do in this game, especially when you look at the crafting / housing system. I just think adding some sort of dungeon (however it's implemented) could be cool for niche group content when you don't want to grind quests and mobs.

Posted (edited)

group content sure would improve the PvE aspect of the game.
although, i don't want to see instanced dungeons or the likes.
strong monster camps, or spawned bosses by either items or achievement unlocks would be a great addition for groups.
sometimes forcing players to group up wouldn't hurt aswell.after all, this is an MMORPG and as such i feel like players shuld work together more often.

there is also the option to adding bonuses to group play, like increased exp gain rates.
i've started playing mmorpgs when it was still a given to group up with others to do stuff together, lately players feel more comfortable playing alone, but i think that kind of mentality isn't healthy for a mmorpg.
while i don't think it's also good to reward group play over solo play, i still think that players should see a reason why to play together rather than alone.

Edited by shadonic

Posted (edited)

Just one thing in regards to pve that we should NEVER get: Dungeon Finder tools that match players keep that jazz out of BDO it killed wow.

Edited by Æîmy
3 people like this

Posted

I'd be fine with any sort of group content for end game, not necessarily dungeons, but there needs to be something to do appart from PvP when you reach soft cap :)

Posted

Just one thing in regards to pve that we should NEVER get: Dungeon Finder tools that match players keep that jazz out of BDO it killed wow.

Yes! I'd much prefer an 'Adventure Hall' where players meet up to team up etc.. xD

5 people like this

Posted

Yes! I'd much prefer an 'Adventure Hall' where players meet up to team up etc.. xD

Yup or some Kind of Pin board in every major town would actually even server the immersion!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Daum was also considering putting in PvE Raids! We will see if they do. I would love it actually.

Edited by xMovingTarget

Posted

I am a PvP player, but more bosses, epic 50+ people bosses with unique loot (like Baium, Antharas, Valakas in Lineage 2), and for the love of god, farming spots designed for groups (maybe some quests tied in to these spots) is what this game needs PvE wise. IMHO.

2 people like this

Posted

I still feel as though we should have some sort of shared housing. I'm saying this here because I'm not a fan of PvP but instead want to start a farm with my sister but not be stuck in different instances and share the same house. 

5 people like this

Posted

Black Desert is just begging for some challenging PvE content. It doesn't even need new graphics, there are so many beautifully designed Monsters and Mobs in the game. They could use some of the existing enemies and tweak them for higher end content.

Posted

please, no raids

period

harder to do but would much prefer story and exploration

1 person likes this

Posted

There is a PvE Storyline already, do quests.

There are open-world dungeons, and apparently there will be a 100 floor dungeon in Valencia.

PvE-ers have everything they need, in a PvP game.

PvPers usually don't get PvP in PvE games, so be satisfied.

2 people like this

Posted

There are open-world dungeons, and apparently there will be a 100 floor dungeon in Valencia.

Made me chuckle

1 person likes this

Posted

I know that feel dear PvE brother however the PvP crowd seems like they want to keep this game as niche as possible ;_;

Kind of ironic since the game is mostly focused on PvE. The amount of time, silver, and mindless effort it takes to level up and gear out is pretty crazy, and it's sure not done through PvP, but instead the most boring PvE possible. I don't care if they add instances, phases, pure open world, or whatever, but monsters need to be harder, there needs to be dungeons, there needs to be crazy bosses, there needs to be lots of interesting and difficult mechanics. Right now there's just "faceroll that mob(s) over there for a few hundred or thousand hours, gg". >.>

1 person likes this

Posted

You don't seem to understand. Take the acronym "PvP". The word in and of itself means Player versus Player. All that is necessary for such a game mode to exist is other players. This does not require a multitude of features or anything else. Of course other things may be added to make it more complex and interesting, but at it's base all PvP is fighting other players. PvE on the other hand is Player versus Environment. Environment isn't readily present and requires the game makers to provide it for them. Your logic is flawed. It's PvP that can always exist in any game as long as players are allowed to fight against each other since that is the ONLY characteristic necessary for it to exist. PvPers almost always get PvP in PvE games. PvE-ers on the other hand have almost nothing they need in a PvP game. Take any MOBA or FPS games for example. It is, in essence, a PvP (Player vs Player) game. It provides no innate PvE aspect. On the other hand almost every MMO, no matter how PvE focused it may be, allows for PvP to exist and the PvP community still thrives since all PvP requires is other players to exist. So asking PvE-ers to be satisfied with a bare minimum of content is the same as me asking you to be satisfied with just 1v1 and no actual PvP based interfaces.

9 people like this

Posted

Kind of ironic since the game is mostly focused on PvE. The amount of time, silver, and mindless effort it takes to level up and gear out is pretty crazy, and it's sure not done through PvP, but instead the most boring PvE possible. I don't care if they add instances, phases, pure open world, or whatever, but monsters need to be harder, there needs to be dungeons, there needs to be crazy bosses, there needs to be lots of interesting and difficult mechanics. Right now there's just "faceroll that mob(s) over there for a few hundred or thousand hours, gg". >.>

Yeah to get top level gear takes an insane amount of time, money, and dedication to get through faceroll PvE grinding.  Granted, the gear needed to just do PvE with mid range gear is very easy to get, but not being able to make any kind of gear progress with PvP makes it kinda annoying without great PvE content.  Yeah PvE needs A LOT more and I totally agree.

Posted

I don't mind the open world PvP elements of this game. I just want more PvE events and content littered throughout.