• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvE Hopes & Dreams

111 posts in this topic

Posted

I know that feel dear PvE brother however the PvP crowd seems like they want to keep this game as niche as possible ;_;

"So...You guys want PvE in BDO...HAH! Thats so stupid!" said no good gamer ever.

PvE in BDO will be developed slowly but surely. As far as PA knows, they want to expand PvE into a world that exists within BDO but is completely seperate from the world as well. If you have ever seen "Is it Wrong to pick up a girl in a dungeon?" or "Sword art Online" the Floor-Dungeon concept is something they have apparently been discussing. Having a system that requires a massive group to explore the dungeon to try and go as far down as they can is something that I am sure would make alot of PvE gamers happy, including me. I love PvP and PvE equally. PvP right now is the main focus but after PvP is ironed out, we can be sure to see PvE changes as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

As for a idea of pve content let it be possible for beast tamer to tame different summons and this has to be done by dungeon and in party that way it's part of lore and it should have benefits to other players as well like allowing another kind of mount only tame by the quest with a beast tamer to allow possible to other class. Nothing to flashy. 

Can be mythological creatures again unicorn,kelpie giant wolf like how the goblin rides.

allows beast tamer with new beast to fight and ride other then fudog with magical or feral ability and gives a earthy regular myth mounts or items that can be used and crafted by party. This can be something that allows crafted armours ect. Like a lion armour for warrior that's dyable. Some thing that can't be obtain by cash shop that people can enjoy. 

Items to party can be random material / armour set(cosmetic) 

rare mythological horse mount. No skeleton mounts like everything to be living. Think more to what I said above kelpie,unicorn or grey wolf. Spice things up mounts come in different colours or can be feed something to change there colour so they can be unique. Also crafting material for mount armor sets.

what you think guys? 

Trying to think. Away for lore,party and dungeon with cosmetic and items. And haven't seen a beast tamer awakening ether so leaves it open.

what can you guys think of?

i can think of a event with the Valkyrie    

Can be pvp like content that can be wars classing with other countries that players can partake in. But something that big may cause lag but we can hope ^^

rewards can be like silver ect to encourage the pvp and give it a story element like pve like battle of ragnarok or something or a made up war. But that is sort of like a guild war? But shouldn't be nothing to loose or get penalties for. Just rewards for victory and partaking. 

Posted

As a "pvp" player i don't feel like they need develop a lot for pvp. They need to make one well designed system and allow us to beat on each other. After that, focus on making an amazing world for us to beat on each other in.

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont know a lot about BDO.  It sounds like endgame is pvp, no endgame pve raids/dungeons.  That would be nice to have endgame pve as well.  Surely variety at endgame is a good thing?

Posted (edited)

How it will be with lvl cap? It will be only lvl 50..or  no lvl cap in BDO?

Edited by Laffy

Posted

Hi guys, I just wanted to let my voice be heard as well.

After playing the western alpha, I´m convinced, there´s a very good PvE game here, with some solid PvP possibilities as well.

Sure, they still need to balance things, but if they stay on this path, it will be very good indeed.

Maybe they even can implement PvE/PvP servers at some point (hint, hint)

Here´s hoping for the best :D

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I would really enjoy shared housing like someone mentioned. EQ2  had that and I really liked it.

But what I really wanted to see were horse quests. Missions, quests, and tasks oriented toward bettering your mounts or using them to get stuff done! Not just glorified speed boosts with potential for one flyby smack. I've never seen a game do a good job of engaging the player in mounted combat. (Ok, I've seen ONE) But I would love to have a reason to do more with my horse. A good stallion or mare should be an advantage/useful, not a speedy meatbag.

Edited by Frimber

Posted

i'm 99% PvE. So i hope they will add reward for World Boss in group, dungeon, ect ... :D

Posted (edited)

I know that feel dear PvE brother however the PvP crowd seems like they want to keep this game as niche as possible ;_;

Well, that's because there are many full PVE games where PvP is just left apart.
And so few recent and good game full PvP Oriented. 

Most of the people see in BDO THE PVP Game we are all waiting for. And not like what did WoW or many other MMO with PvP, lowering the impact and making it very useless in shitty instance just to say "we have pvp". I love PvE too, but if I will play this game, is for the PvP. Adding Dungeon good rewards for PvE, even unique rewards, good stuff worlds boss etc is completely fine. But if they cut the PK and OWPvP to make PvE player happy, that will be soo annoying and I will play something else. 

Edited by Crocsx

Posted

I like pvp and pve and in pve the thing what i love more is a hard dungeons with crazy mechanics  like debuffs and insta kills and ofc teamplay to finish this and nice drops...

Dungeons like my last game Tera like manayas core, sky cruizer things like that...

srry for bad english... xD

Posted

I dont know a lot about BDO.  It sounds like endgame is pvp, no endgame pve raids/dungeons.  That would be nice to have endgame pve as well.  Surely variety at endgame is a good thing?

Yeah Vault,basically endgame is PvP + Summoned World Bosses so basically depending on wether you are in a good or bad guild you could be having the time of your life or being bored to death :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I have heard that the PVE content is lacking at end game.  I would hope that they add some interesting PVE content for the group of players that do not want to engage in PVP in the game.  CareBears live here too!

1 person likes this

Posted

Kind of ironic since the game is mostly focused on PvE. The amount of time, silver, and mindless effort it takes to level up and gear out is pretty crazy, and it's sure not done through PvP, but instead the most boring PvE possible. I don't care if they add instances, phases, pure open world, or whatever, but monsters need to be harder, there needs to be dungeons, there needs to be crazy bosses, there needs to be lots of interesting and difficult mechanics. Right now there's just "faceroll that mob(s) over there for a few hundred or thousand hours, gg". >.>

I don't mind the open world PvP elements of this game. I just want more PvE events and content littered throughout.

Yeah a nice balance would be greatly appreciated.

"So...You guys want PvE in BDO...HAH! Thats so stupid!" said no good gamer ever.
PvE in BDO will be developed slowly but surely. As far as PA knows, they want to expand PvE into a world that exists within BDO but is completely seperate from the world as well. If you have ever seen "Is it Wrong to pick up a girl in a dungeon?" or "Sword art Online" the Floor-Dungeon concept is something they have apparently been discussing. Having a system that requires a massive group to explore the dungeon to try and go as far down as they can is something that I am sure would make alot of PvE gamers happy, including me. I love PvP and PvE equally. PvP right now is the main focus but after PvP is ironed out, we can be sure to see PvE changes as well.

Yes i've seen them and i totally agree that was also what i was getting at simply ignoring one side would just tank the game rather fast.

Well, that's because there are many full PVE games where PvP is just left apart.And so few recent and good game full PvP Oriented. 

Most of the people see in BDO THE PVP Game we are all waiting for. And not like what did WoW or many other MMO with PvP, lowering the impact and making it very useless in shitty instance just to say "we have pvp". I love PvE too, but if I will play this game, is for the PvP. Adding Dungeon good rewards for PvE, even unique rewards, good stuff worlds boss etc is completely fine. But if they cut the PK and OWPvP to make PvE player happy, that will be soo annoying and I will play something else. 

That's not what i was getting a, it was more of a jab at pvp players with the "We don't need pve GTFO" attitude simply because ignoring such a big amount of player need would force BDO into a very very tight niche and therefore at some point or another go F2P and p2w because such a small playerbase is not able to bring in enough money to earn back the investment that is called AAA MMORPG Black Desert.

Posted

It's safe to say that good PvE is needed and everybody can agree to that. As fas as I've seen and heard the western Alpha has better (more engaging) grinding, but lacks the juicy aspects of dungeons and raids.

So until group pve is implemented we are free to dream and suggest ideas.

I personally would love to see PvP and PvE intertwined: eg. The guild that holds Calpheon has exclusive rights to one special dungeon that only they and their allies can access. That would incentivise pve players to participate in GvG for their right to raid, and PvP players would enjoy their acquisition because they've earned it.

In terms of technicalities, I wonder how the game could have open world dungeons, as that would imply anyone can enter so your group might find 3 more groups just clearing the dungeon as you walk in which will make it just another grind zone. Here compromising and making it instanced would be best but not the only solution. A cool idea would be to allow just 5 players at a time through specific pre-requisites and a door would open just for them... here it get's funny because you would get an actual literal queue for the entrance. This could be solved by having multiple entrances like 30 and just a random one opens at any given time so you have to find the opening first. Or a mirage oasis in the black desert which would be an entire dungeon that changes location randomly.

These are some ideas, and dreams I would like to see taking shape in the game but I know it will take quite a while. What do you guys think?

Posted

I agree completely. I love PvE honestly. But the grinding----sigh.

Posted

I would love to see more PVE content, especially large group content with mechanics. I've watch some of the world boss videos and ti's more like "Meh"

Posted (edited)

Hi there

I'm not into combat in games that much, though i'm glad its there for those that do like it. For me though its the crafting, farming, house building, guilds, and interaction that I like. Occasionally I will take part in combat but only as a healer. I've been playing mmorpgs from the beginning pretty much and  my views and likes have never changed. If there are PVE servers that's the ones i'll choose.

I've been waiting a long time to see games that cater to my type of playstile at all really, but they are starting to be included more and more but slowly and only seemingly in the Asian games.

Edited by Chiefarchon

Posted

Two things I would like to see in this game that could probably be done in most any game with a bit of resource put behind them would be an instanced based moba dungeon, like the "balaur ship invasions" from Aion.  Probably one of my favorite dungeons of all time and could honestly even be made into a spectators event adding to the games pvp and pve draw at the same time. They should be extremely difficult and not capable of being completed by just any group.  Also the Fractals type dungeon system where a series of trials are done at various difficulty featuring tangents to the story of the game and requiring players to complete lower levels to advance to harder versions with higher levels of rewards.  

One thing I do not want to see is zerg farming pve events, where you just gather in groups as large as possible and run through a series of rapidly re-spawning mobs collecting loots as far as the eye can see .  Talk about laming a game down.

I haven't had the opportunity to play this game yet, but I look forward to it and hope it lives up to at least half of what I expect from it.  I am not as concerned with how it launches, but rather how it progresses after launch.

Side note, does anyone know where beta information might be found or is it not available yet?

1 person likes this

Posted

HOPE:

• Harder mobs. A lot of videos show the mobs don't seem to fight back, make the world dangerous, no face rolling through mobs
  • Monsters are more dangerous at night
  • Hidden boss monsters.
  • Hidden
  • Technically just take everything PvE that ToS tossed at me at the very start of the game and just put it in BD without the instanced areas lol
  •  

DREAM:

• The ability to create furniture by going out and collecting the needed material from the environment and monsters
  • caves so dark we need lamps to see the monsters, if you fall in water, get hit by water, or have sand tossed on you, then the lamp goes out and you have to light it again even when fighting monsters

In terms of technicalities, I wonder how the game could have open world dungeons, as that would imply anyone can enter so your group might find 3 more groups just clearing the dungeon as you walk in which will make it just another grind zone. Here compromising and making it instanced would be best but not the only solution. A cool idea would be to allow just 5 players at a time through specific pre-requisites and a door would open just for them... here it get's funny because you would get an actual literal queue for the entrance. This could be solved by having multiple entrances like 30 and just a random one opens at any given time so you have to find the opening first. Or a mirage oasis in the black desert which would be an entire dungeon that changes location randomly.

These are some ideas, and dreams I would like to see taking shape in the game but I know it will take quite a while. What do you guys think?

It would be interesting to have a open world dgn that moves. lol

They could try a 100 tunnel dgn that only allows 5 people in every 4 hours. The 100 tunnels do not connect, allowing a total of 500 players to do the dgn at the same time.

Or they can make dgn like dark cloud did, every time you enter a dgn it was always different.

Posted

HOPE:

• Harder mobs. A lot of videos show the mobs don't seem to fight back, make the world dangerous, no face rolling through mobs
  • Monsters are more dangerous at night
  • Hidden boss monsters.
  • Hidden
  • Technically just take everything PvE that ToS tossed at me at the very start of the game and just put it in BD without the instanced areas lol
  •  

DREAM:

• The ability to create furniture by going out and collecting the needed material from the environment and monsters
  • caves so dark we need lamps to see the monsters, if you fall in water, get hit by water, or have sand tossed on you, then the lamp goes out and you have to light it again even when fighting monsters

Or they can make dgn

As long as they stick to the Kr version then;

- harder mobs .. Try fighting Centaurs at lvl 50-52 by yourself near the desert

-  at night mobs have more hp/damage and experience

- some caves are so dark you do need a lantern otherwise your screen is just black

-crafting system enables player creation of furniture 

1 person likes this

Posted

I already played this game, and I have to say in my opinions mobs aren't that easy if your at the same level as they are. The thing is: at least in earlier levels, you level up very fast wich makes you 3/4/5 levels higher than the mobs in your quest ine, of course then, they turn very easy to kill. I don't know about the medium or high level stages since I only played in alpha but, maybe what they need to change is mostly the speed of growth of the character.... the ex you need to level up to be increased. Of course this is good and enjoyable in an early stage cause this way new players can jump into the world faster...:S They can change both I guess...

Posted

Hi all.

After years of playing in MMO and MMO RPG the thing i miss, is PvE with fantasy realism.

I killed many dragons with their own element for example. A red dragon, living in a volcano killed by fireballs :(kind of sad. or a blue dragon killed by lightning bolt.

My hopes for this game is a fantasy World, filled with "fantasy logic". would be sad to see a Air elemental, die from a "gust of Wind" or simply killed by a steel blade.

In "pen and paper" RPG its any god GMs funktion to ad this fantasy realism to the game, to ensure a miserabel death to any player WHO dosent take i serious.

Posted

Hi all.

After years of playing in MMO and MMO RPG the thing i miss, is PvE with fantasy realism.

I killed many dragons with their own element for example. A red dragon, living in a volcano killed by fireballs :(kind of sad. or a blue dragon killed by lightning bolt.

My hopes for this game is a fantasy World, filled with "fantasy logic". would be sad to see a Air elemental, die from a "gust of Wind" or simply killed by a steel blade.

In "pen and paper" RPG its any god GMs funktion to ad this fantasy realism to the game, to ensure a miserabel death to any player WHO dosent take i serious.

You would prolly be interested in the mechanics of Umbra's new game idea, prolly still a long way out, but basically has what you are asking for.  I have played some of the builder version, it is fun with what it has so far.

Posted

I genuinely hope something like from this anime happens for BDO:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/28121/Dungeon_ni_Deai_wo_Motomeru_no_wa_Machigatteiru_Darou_ka

100 floors and boss(es) that requires parties to go in altogether and with difficulty increasing exponentially over every level.

Of course mobs could be soloable but would require an intense mind and skill set that those whom are capable would earn titles or badges.

I would hope for this to be implemented but hey, who knows?

Posted

Tera Dreadspire tower dungeon.

It has 10 floors right?