• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvE Hopes & Dreams

111 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi All

A point I've not seen as yet, I'm in Australia and we have little choice but to play the NA server (few companies do ocean servers) but ping is usually between 150 and 400 on a good day and it makes PvP pretty hard as clicks are sometimes lost and lag is crazy. Not much can be done about that but I really hope we can play all the content without needing PvP. Groups are ok, but I feel bad joining when I know my character is going to be jumping around in a most unhelpful manner.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Having a huge dungeon system that has endless floors (not really but latter floors are nearly impossible) would be really nice. Large groups can form together and the party/guild aspect would greatly benefit since most people can already solo easily and guilds would have more to them instead of trade and GvG. This would also make it fun to play with friends.

Edited by Kajime
2 people like this

Posted

Has there been indication on how the game mechanics will work, like a PVE/PVP servers/channels?  

Posted (edited)

I read through the thread and I see some very interesting features, I will see if I can add up the most into a single post. (Take in mind that I'm a PVE player with a low amount of PVE experience since I've only really gotten in to WoW and GW2 before)

PVE

• The first thing I think would take care of the "grinding" aspect of the game is if there were different difficulties on the quest through the story. For example if you were talking to someone and you would need his trust, maybe you would need to do 3-4 easy quests but you could choose to take some medium difficulty quests instead to shorten the time and increasing the difficulty.  
  • The second thing I imagine to help all of us PVE'rs out there is basing most content on Open World (Yes I know, the most of the content in BDO is already Open World). 
  • Thirdly comes player interaction. What is the core essence that makes multiplayer games more entertaining than singleplayer games? Well the players of course. Multiplayer games are more entertaining to play because there are actual humans with unpredictable actions you are interacting with. This can be improved in many ways, for example, if you're close to other people you might get a "party bonus" even though you're not in a party.
  • On fourth place (IMO) comes exploration. Now I love exploring, getting some CO-OP exploration content would be amazing, for example different areas you couldn't reach without other people. Quests you couldn't complete alone and such.
  • World Bosses/World Events. Now this is the only reason I quit WoW and started playing GW2, there were actual events taking place in the world without my need of interaction. I had a choice if I wanted to join or not, if there was any such open world content (Not necessarily only fighting mobs and bosses) I would be in heaven. 

That's some of the features I'd love to see as a PVE player, don't be afraid to put some difficulty in the game. Don't be afraid to put CO-OP restriction on certain events or things. Communicating and making friends is how MMO's are supposed to be played. Or am I totally wrong on that one? 

EDIT #1 (18/11-2015)

Just adding onto the list...

PVE

• A special mob spawn system like the NM mobs in FFXI, under certain conditions, in certain areas, certain mobs will spawn which then in return would give special loot.
Edited by EpiX0R
3 people like this

Posted

and if you where amongst the highest "score" within a field the npc's could even start refering too your name to other players like "damn that was a long road to explore, it reminds me of some of the first stories i heard of *playerx* when he found the troll caves blabla".

which would give huge incentive for some players to keep doing stuff for specific towns to be famous. would also be a way to give some extra fame to pve players doing stuff which players don't normally give any recognition.

Holy shit, I would love it.

Posted

Lots of super tall buildings, trees, mountains to climb and get titles/rewards for. Jumping/climbing puzzles! Maybe secret tokens to collect at the top for nice gear! And a title for most characters created! And a beauty contest voted on by the in-game community! And oil wrestling...

ok maybe not that last one. ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

"So...You guys want PvE in BDO...HAH! Thats so stupid!" said no good gamer ever.
PvE in BDO will be developed slowly but surely. As far as PA knows, they want to expand PvE into a world that exists within BDO but is completely seperate from the world as well. If you have ever seen "Is it Wrong to pick up a girl in a dungeon?" or "Sword art Online" the Floor-Dungeon concept is something they have apparently been discussing. Having a system that requires a massive group to explore the dungeon to try and go as far down as they can is something that I am sure would make alot of PvE gamers happy, including me. I love PvP and PvE equally. PvP right now is the main focus but after PvP is ironed out, we can be sure to see PvE changes as well.

That's fine if they want to add pvp, as long as they work it in with pvp and they don't separate pve.  If they do that...the servers split way to much and the game dies.  This is L3 imo and without trading we don't have to worry about bot/gold sellers taking over.  

Posted

I read through the thread and I see some very interesting features, I will see if I can add up the most into a single post. (Take in mind that I'm a PVE player with a low amount of PVE experience since I've only really gotten in to WoW and GW2 before)

PVE

• The first thing I think would take care of the "grinding" aspect of the game is if there were different difficulties on the quest through the story. For example if you were talking to someone and you would need his trust, maybe you would need to do 3-4 easy quests but you could choose to take some medium difficulty quests instead to shorten the time and increasing the difficulty.  
  • The second thing I imagine to help all of us PVE'rs out there is basing most content on Open World (Yes I know, the most of the content in BDO is already Open World). 
  • Thirdly comes player interaction. What is the core essence that makes multiplayer games more entertaining than singleplayer games? Well the players of course. Multiplayer games are more entertaining to play because there are actual humans with unpredictable actions you are interacting with. This can be improved in many ways, for example, if you're close to other people you might get a "party bonus" even though you're not in a party.
  • On fourth place (IMO) comes exploration. Now I love exploring, getting some CO-OP exploration content would be amazing, for example different areas you couldn't reach without other people. Quests you couldn't complete alone and such.
  • World Bosses/World Events. Now this is the only reason I quit WoW and started playing GW2, there were actual events taking place in the world without my need of interaction. I had a choice if I wanted to join or not, if there was any such open world content (Not necessarily only fighting mobs and bosses) I would be in heaven. 

That's some of the features I'd love to see as a PVE player, don't be afraid to put some difficulty in the game. Don't be afraid to put CO-OP restriction on certain events or things. Communicating and making friends is how MMO's are supposed to be played. Or am I totally wrong on that one? 

EDIT #1 (18/11-2015)

Just adding onto the list...

PVE

• A special mob spawn system like the NM mobs in FFXI, under certain conditions, in certain areas, certain mobs will spawn which then in return would give special loot.

While I personally don't care about any of this, these are the kind of things that the pvp crowd (yes i'm hardcore pvp) need to support for the pve fanbase as it's important for us to have a healthy population.  There's nothing on here that would hurt pvp or separate the communities, so imo this is all reasonable. 

Posted

I really would like to see challenging group PVE content, I wouldn't mind a dungeon system for this purpose. 

Posted

While I personally don't care about any of this, these are the kind of things that the pvp crowd (yes i'm hardcore pvp) need to support for the pve fanbase as it's important for us to have a healthy population.  There's nothing on here that would hurt pvp or separate the communities, so imo this is all reasonable. 

Really happy to get some support from the PvP base out there. Although I didn't write anything in my post about PvP content I still support the PvP base to the maximum. I really hope this can be a nice game for all types of players.

Posted (edited)

Some of my best friends pvp till their eyeballs fall out (literally maybe) and couldn't care less for pve which I'm all good about but it's not for me anymore. I like to dress up, climb things, stand around and socialize, sit on mah horse and socialize, talk about other players toons, make new toons, craft, farm, watch animals make more animals, explore, swim across whole oceans (on mah horse if possible), sail, fight whales and giant squid, dungeon running, BAM hunts, instigate fights between factions and run..teehee

I guess I'm a Squarebear!!

I wish they had one server JUST ONE that peebeepee (sez my bestest filipino gurl friend) is optional on. If you turn off the flag (which takes 30 secs and you cannot be engaged in combat or the countdown doesn't start leaving you flagged until you are dead or no longer engaged in combat), no one can bother you anywhere. But, if you are not flagged for pvp in a pvp zone, you don't get credit for any boss monsters in the area (until you re-flag for pvp which takes 1 minute and warns everyone in the area with a fog horn, mini-map marker and big system messages on screen lol).

"THE COWARD FAN BING BING HAS FLAGGED THEMSELVES FOR DEATH!!"

FUN!!! ^ ^

Edited by Fan Bing Bing
2 people like this

Posted

I'm looking forward to exploring the world in depth - and I don't mind grinding mobs, I totally expect it in an MMO xD

Also looking forward to learning the crafting system, and discovering new things to do in the world. Guides are great, but I may actually try to figure some things out on my own. Haven't been sure if I am going to try BDO, but leaning that way - I'm a sucker for story and a beautiful world.  I can be a bit of a goofball in MMO's, just following my nose and taking my time, so maybe I'll meet a few like-minded people.

And I don't want to take anything away from the PvPers, I just want to enjoy the game world that I enter. The larger the paying playerbase, the better. By the time I hit level cap, I may dip my toes into PvP anyway :)

Posted

I really hope to see huge world bosses, with deep strategies and with the risk of pvp while fighting :)

Posted (edited)

I really hope to see huge world bosses, with deep strategies and with the risk of pvp while fighting :)

To jump into this topic I want to quote you on this. IMO, the first time a boss is attempted to be killed, is should remain an attempt and it should obliberate the players trying to do so. It should cost a few attempts, gathering of players, getting to know the bosses mechanics and perhaps grinding elsewhere to get some gear before the group can actually kill the boss for the first time in their server. 

What I've heard Daum say about dungeons and raids is that they want to keep it fully 'open world'. I think it's an important message towards Daum that we as potential players make sure they receive the message that having instanced places is rather a asset than a non-asset, even for BDO. Besides that it creates endless options for new content, it is also positively received by the western community(as far as what I read in forums). 

I also stated this in another topic on here, discussing about this subject is good. Making a strong message out of this for Daum Europe/NA to be heard, is more so important. How are we going to achieve this to be heard and worked with? 

Having that stated.

Wishlist:

- Keep the grind, keep the leveling system, make it progressively harder to lvl up. It offers a never-ending rank-war - might/power/status should be worked for, also in grind;
- Challanging group PvE content(2 to 8 players) in the form of indeed dungeons or some sort of thing;
- Parkour/Climbing matches between players as a minigame;
- As said above: challanging world bosses, make them spawn anywhere in a certain location, no strict spawn location.. And for sure make it move alot, and let it be deadly; 
- More dynamic and fluid AI movement and difficulty: I want it to be hard, ofcourse hack and slash is fun for a week, after that the challange and 'fun' is over and it might become boring;
- Instances: dungeons and raids 
- A large group of players and widely popular around the western world - would love a big community around BDO. 

Dream:

- Make the PvE map atleast 5 times as big, I love a world that will take ages to fully discover with each area that has it's own difficulty and strategies. Truly my dream.

I haven't got enough knowledge on the open world pvp system and its pros and cons so I cannot shoot my opinions on that (yet). Please think of my point on how to get this PvE/PvP wish message clear and strong enough so that Daum will actually work with our ideas proactively. From now on I won't underscore this much again :)

Edit: Late night grammatical errors,

^Jeasy

Edited by Jeasy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I enjoy both PvE and PvP equally. That being said, a game with only PvP content gets boring fast. A game needs variety to be successful, and there are a lot of interesting ideas out there that can make this game my MMO of choice. The grind fest of this game isn't really to big of a problem, anyone who expects to play an MMO without tedious grinding should find another genre. However, the current grind in BDO is somewhat atrocious, mobs are way too weak, the AI is terribly unsophisticated, and bosses are unrewarding and dry. The PvE system in this game needs a lot of work, but if done properly I can see myself spending hours in this game.

Here are some things I would like to see in BDO.

• A more balanced leveling curve. Currently going from level 1-50 is incredibly easy while 50-60 takes exponentially longer. This is no bueno, balancing out the leveling will make for a more interesting and rewarding game for all.
  • Harder mobs. Currently BDO monsters are horrendously easy to kill, this isn't helped by the fact that potions are so broken. While killing basic mobs shouldn't necessarily be super-hard, that doesn't mean that any decently good player should be able to go out and wreck everything in site without having to worry about dying. A moderate increase in monster tactics and difficulty would add a level of danger and immersion to the game that it is currently lacking.
  • Epic boss battles. One thing that truly makes an MMO an MMO is the epic lore inspired boss fights. Like FFXIV's eidolon bosses or WoW's giant raid bosses, by implementing epic bosses that tie into the lore of BDO the immersion and enjoyment of the game can be increased. Not only would this give incentive for PvE players to keep playing the game, but it would also draw in the PvP crowd who are looking for legendary gear.
  • An open world dungeon system with difficult dungeons. Currently the game has no real PvE dungeon content to speak of, and in a massive open world game like BDO this is a travesty. The PvP content of this game while good, isn't enough to hold on to a larger player base. Instanced dungeons kill immersion and weaken social interaction, but an open world dungeon that resets every hour or so would make partying more rewarding.
  • A super difficult mega-dungeon. A rewarding dungeon with ever increasing difficulty per floor would add a very interesting dimension of gameplay to BDO. Not only would it get players to interact with each other and form parties and guilds, the exploration aspect of the dungeon could reward those who complete the floors with the promise of epic loot that would draw in PvP players looking for that extra edge.
  • Finally, rewarding exploration. BDO has a massive map with alot of potential for exploration. However, as it currently stands there's no reason to take advantage of this large map by partying up with friends and adventuring. By implementing a system that makes exploration worth it, such as hidden bosses or dungeons with rare gear drops, players would have more incentive to break away from the monotony of grinding to go out an explore the world of BDO.

If some of these things can be implemented into BDO while keeping the open world PvP aspect, I believe that this game could become truly spectacular. Currently BDO has a solid foundation, Excellent character creation, an amazing open world, and an engaging combat system. The only thing it really lacks is worthwhile PvE, something that would give players a reason to stick around and say "Shut up and take my money!"

Edited by OblivionSeeker

Posted

There is a PvE Storyline already, do quests.

There are open-world dungeons, and apparently there will be a 100 floor dungeon in Valencia.

PvE-ers have everything they need, in a PvP game.

PvPers usually don't get PvP in PvE games, so be satisfied.

I don't think you know what a dungeon is. There is plenty of open world in BDO, but certainly nothing I would consider a "dungeon". If you can run from one end to the other in less than a minute, it's certainly not a dungeon. Like, the Abandoned Monastery is 100% not a dungeon. In order to really be a dungeon, it needs to be somewhat expansive, give you a real "locked in" feeling, be something you feel you can "explore", etc.

If you think the PvE is good, well, you're wrong. And it's not even close enough to satisfy anyone except people who don't mind completely mindless grinding with the opportunity to also get ganked. There are actually a lot of MMOs with various degrees of PvP, including open world PvP (some with less restrictions than BDO!). The "be happy with what you have" argument is nearly as played out as the "deal with it" or "get out of my game" ones.

Posted

I am aware of what a dungeon in the PvE-ers sense is. It does not make the current dungeons less a dungeon just because there is no big boy waiting at the end to fight you.

Posted

I'm looking forward to pking soo many PvErs that it isn't funny. I want to warn some of you right now!

Posted

I'm looking forward to pking soo many PvErs that it isn't funny. I want to warn some of you right now!

You forget this area is about PvE not PvP and just because we have hopes and dreams for PvE part of the game, it doesn't mean we don't do PvP and won't kick your ass. ¬¬

Thanks! ^_^-_-

Posted

Just one thing in regards to pve that we should NEVER get: Dungeon Finder tools that match players keep that jazz out of BDO it killed wow.

While this is a nice feature for people who really don't know anyone on the server, I agree with you. By not having an automatic dungeon finder, a player is 'forced' to communicate with other players in order to complete that certain PvE content. This, in turn, strengthens the player community on that server, channel, megasever, or whatever. I think that's one key factor in what it takes to keep a game going strong.

Posted

endless dungeons would be awesome as well :D

It would be really great! But unfortunately, they won't have the time to keep making floors for the dungeon BUT they may make multiple dungeon types that are practically the same thing as the regular, but the difficulty is notched a lot more (no recovery, no pots, etc.).

Posted

From what I have been seeing mobs are not all that difficult Solo let alone while in Parties once players learn how to play said class. Would love to see the Difficulty Increased and Stronger Combat Mechanics regarding the AI. Would rather not the game be too easy for people. Especially when you are able to Solo everything without worry too much. Would like to see partying with other players encouraged that way it is not so much an individual experience (No real need for other people while questing and killing mobs).

Posted (edited)

I would like a separate PvE server. I like the look of Black Desert and will buy the game because of that. I know that PvP is part of the game, I would just wish that it would not be forced up on me if I don't want to take part in it.

If the PvP and PvE is mixed together and I get killed by gankers while trying to quest, I would probably quit the game quite soon. Ofcourse no-one need to shead tears of me leaving.. problem is if I leave, I stop spending money in game. And I would think there are many like me. So if the developers are wise, they will set up a non PvP server and let us play our PvE and fashion games (=buying all the pretty costumes from the shop) in peace. Good PvE content that preferably would scale to the amount of people doing it would be great as well. 

Edited by sasa
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I would like a separate PvE server. I like the look of Black Desert and will by the game because of that. I know that PvP is part of the game, I would just wish that it would not be forced up on me if I don't want to take part in it.

If the PvP and PvE is mixed together and I get killed by gankers while trying to quest, I would probably quit the game quite soon. Ofcourse no-one need to shead tears of me leaving.. problem is if I leave, I stop spending money in game. And I would think there are many like me. So if the developers are wise, they will set up a non PvP server and let us play our PvE and fashion games (=buying all the pretty costumes from the shop) in peace. Good PvE content that preferably would scale to the amount of people doing it would be great as well. 

As you can see, most of the PvE players here understand the nature of BDO and understand how PvP and PvE are intertwined in this game. In this game, one component needs the other and together they go to form a unique experience. If you're here just because you like the graphics, I would suggest you consider twice before asking for things that would remove the uniqueness of the game and make it like any other game out there. You have as many PvE only game as you want, do not want to change this one because you want to play it since "you like the look of it".

I would love to see pretty much all of the suggestions here implemented (beside instancing, no instancing in an OW game), as they would create a better experience for both playstyles.

Edited by insert_brain

Posted

Seems like the PVP players are highly hostile towards the PvE players in a way that makes little sense. The game cannot subsist purely on PvP players, there aren't enough of you. At all. They should give tools to both groups yes, but the real money they'll get is from the hordes of moderate to casual PvE gamers. The fact of the matter is that more money for this version benefits everyone, and it's just kind of fact that of the pool of potential western customers, the vast majority are casual or PvE players. They know that, and will likely cater the game to it. I'm not 100% sure why people are so up in arms about it all though, there's...quite a bit of pvp content available in the game it seems. They honestly just aren't catering to gankers and griefers, and really? No one cares about those people but themselves.

3 people like this