• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvE Hopes & Dreams

111 posts in this topic

Posted

Anything GW2 related should be deleted by an automatic detection system. :P I dislike the game with a passion. Altho I have invested 400h into it - can't get into the game, just can't. GW1 was better by a large margin. 

- Jeasy

They nerfed dungeon rewards and kittened up fractal rewards. Raids are enforcing the zerker meta. WvWers seem to spend more time pointing out issues than skirmishing. PvPers are too happy about having floating rank icons next to their name to say much more than "kittening minionmancers are broken". And ANet remains, as usual, tight-lipped.

Thankfully the BDO team is more involved with their community and open to suggestions and, at least for KR & JP, very on top of bug fixes (I haven't played RU and obvs we don't know how NA/EU will be).

Posted (edited)

They nerfed dungeon rewards and kittened up fractal rewards. Raids are enforcing the zerker meta. WvWers seem to spend more time pointing out issues than skirmishing. PvPers are too happy about having floating rank icons next to their name to say much more than "kittening minionmancers are broken". And ANet remains, as usual, tight-lipped.

Thankfully the BDO team is more involved with their community and open to suggestions and, at least for KR & JP, very on top of bug fixes (I haven't played RU and obvs we don't know how NA/EU will be).

I can't quite pinpoint what I dislike about GW2. I can tell tons of things I don't like. Just one thing you stated ''Raids are enforcing the zerker meta'' - are there any other roles roles neccesary or just go zerker, dodge a few times and be fine? 

PvP ranks: Join a blue-cap game for a day and get your titles within the same day. 

WvW was and at the same time wasn't really my thing... Got to rank 160 or smth? Early bronze-rank atleast. SFR was my server, in that time atleast we always steamrolled over the other two servers that were playing - not alot of challange. I missed GvG and we shouldn't mention the unbalanced pvp at certain times and updates. 

100% Map completion... don't even get me started, no grinding in this game? All the useless hearts - Don't forget this: Down-scaling - so the whole game feels like end-game... Really? Grinding hearts at the other starting areas to get your completion... Also, 3 days... 3 days - and people were max lvl at the launch. Perhaps even earlier - 3 days I saw the first people lvl 80. 

Perhaps indeed it's Anet not communicating in a subsequent manner? 

Still, I can't pinpoint what it is - it maybe is an add-up of all these minor(or not so minor) tihngs I dislike. I feel that GW2 is too much about 'casual' and 'equality'. At first I thought it was the Holy Trinity that I missed the most - but I didn't miss it in other games, so why here? 

It's save to say I dislike it with a passion and thus I'm highly biased when it comes to ''GW2 This & that''. Please, let me forget this game :P 

Ranting here - offtopic. Excuse me ;)

- Jeasy

EDIT: DUNGEONS, 'No grinding in GW2' - Seriously? There we are grinding dungeons all day to get some gold. (Atleast before the nerf :P )

Edited by Jeasy

Posted

EDIT: DUNGEONS, 'No grinding in GW2' - Seriously? There we are grinding dungeons all day to get some gold. (Atleast before the nerf :P )

And now people are grinding map meta events that lack the sense of exploration central tyria gave... Dungeons at least were an adrenaline rush.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is true. PvP needs PvE to give a cause to start PvP.What my post from November 6th was about is that most games happen to focus on new PvE content rather than PvP. 
We might see true, instanced dungeons at some point, but in addition to that I would also like to see new PvP content.

Of course yes, I understand that this game is focused on PvP atm and i'm ok with that cause of I enjoy pvp too... But I'm a PvEr and with no pve content i will leave the game in a few months for sure, I´m just expecting more pvE content cause the game haven't any CHALLENGING pvE content at the moment, but im not saying that adding more PvP content is a bad point! PvP + PvE + Things to do = Nice game!

Posted

It always amazes me when I see people completely against PvE content like raids and group dungeons "because PvP"

You're gonna grind anyway, wouldn't you rather it be somewhat pleasant?

Posted

It always amazes me when I see people completely against PvE content like raids and group dungeons "because PvP"

You're gonna grind anyway, wouldn't you rather it be somewhat pleasant?

Nothing wrong with raids and group dungeons as long as they're not instanced.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nothing wrong with raids and group dungeons as long as they're not instanced.

So far I don't see anything that would lead me to believe that they're doing instances. 
I wonder if they're gonna have some sort of system in place to avoid a single group locking down a dungeon as a grind spot...unless they plan on solving that with PvP.

Edited by Ikira Kakuja
Forgot a word

Posted

So far I don't see anything that would lead me to believe that they're doing instances. 
I wonder if they're gonna have some sort of system in place to a single group locking down a dungeon as a grind spot...unless they plan on solving that with PvP.

Locking down a dungeon would be the same as having an instance; having PvE and PvP intertwined is the best that can happens.

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly a PvE player. I got fed up on another MMO where I was constantly getting ganked by PK'ers guarding the edges of safe-zones. It was always by the same exact people too. I couldn't level-up or finish quests at all.  If BD remains mostly PvP, I won't complain too much but yeah, more PvE would nice. Guess I'll stick to tasks like fishing and farming haha.

Edited by Flarie

Posted (edited)

I've experienced some really fun quests that were only possible through "phasing"

The idea is that you can see in a "phase" and anyone in your group, on the same quest, can see exactly what you see.

This way a village can burn while dozens of enemies raid the village, as you fight them off and put out the fires, the phase might change to a charred town, and your prompted to help the town repair, after you finish the quest the town will be repaired, and you and your group will be returned to the phase everyone else is in. You just saved a town from a raid but it didn't bother anyone else in the area doing other quests.

I know this kind of is an "Instanced" scenario but it works very well, and in most of these quests you rarely stay phased for a few minutes so it doesn't really mess with PVP it just really adds to the possibility to the kinds of things you can see when questing.

Edited by Greeley

Posted

I'm honestly a PvE player. I got fed up on another MMO where I was constantly getting ganked by PK'ers guarding the edges of safe-zones. It was always by the same exact people too. I couldn't level-up or finish quests at all.  If BD remains mostly PvP, I won't complain too much but yeah, more PvE would nice. Guess I'll stick to tasks like fishing and farming haha.

PvE will be an easy-to-achieve focus through Black Desert. PvP isn't available to players until a certain high level is reached, of which gives a quest that actually activates the PvP ability. PKers will have a harder time in the game, and they'll be obvious to other players because of their red player name and red-shaded character. So I'm really happy to hear of this.