• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Quipu | BDO Recipe Tool

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello guys!

I just wanted to share an app that I've been working on ever since I got into Black Desert Online cooking and alchemy. It started with the usual Google Spreadsheet but then alt-tabbing was too much work and I always had my phone on my dock near me so I figured, why not make one? It's definitely not the first but I am actively working on it to improve it further and add more features! So here it goes...

Currently on Alpha, Quipu is a simple yet packed with features recipe tool and calculator for cooking, alchemy (soon), and more for Black Desert Online (NA/EU).

Features

• Complete recipe for each dish with the ability to adjust the quantity needed  
  • Sort dishes according to skill level, ingredients/materials and effects (incomplete, only by skill level at the moment)  
  • Ability to search dishes through keywords  
  • Note-taker to quickly save any recipes, notes or reminders  
  • Favorites to quickly access most cooked dishes

Planned Features

• Alchemy recipe/calculator  
  • Easier access on ingredients that also require cooking (chain recipes, e.g. Dark Pudding requires Oatmeal which requires cooking too)  
  • Alarm/timer for farming and other time-sensitive materials  
  • Better UI  
  • An iOS version  
  • Have an idea? Let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Download it from Google Play!

P.S.
If you are worried about the *permissions* that it requires, don't worry as it is a limitation with the platform that I have used to make the app and I am unable to remove it at this time. It does nothing as you can see from inside the app~ Also, special thanks to http://bddatabase.net!

Feature Graphic.png

Edited by Erio
9 people like this

Posted

Looks handy.  I wanted to make something like this for myself but I hardly have time to play as it is.  Thanks OP!

Posted

Looks handy.  I wanted to make something like this for myself but I hardly have time to play as it is.  Thanks OP!

You're welcome! You definitely should try making one!

1 person likes this

Posted

You're welcome! You definitely should try making one!

Haha, I'm just a novice AppInventor dabbler. 

Really digging the app so far, the ingredient calculator and notes feature are both super convenient. 

I'll let you know if I find any bugs or anything I think could use improvement.  Good work!

Posted

cool idea, why Quipu as a name though?

Posted

Haha, I'm just a novice AppInventor dabbler. 

Really digging the app so far, the ingredient calculator and notes feature are both super convenient. 

I'll let you know if I find any bugs or anything I think could use improvement.  Good work!

Thank you and you'll get there soon! There are lots of good resources out there. And thank you! I appreciate the help!

cool idea, why Quipu as a name though?

Hello! It reminded me of the quipus that I learned about long ago that was used to collect data/keep records :D

Posted (edited)

Pretty neat, just something quick that I noticed though: Grains are for some reason called cereals in the app.

So for an example go to Beer, says you need 5 cereal instead of 5 grain. Haven't really had time to go through much of the app though as it is late.

At least I've always referred to it as grains, cereal to me is a breakfast food :P

Edited by Ramsickle

Posted

Pretty neat, just something quick that I noticed though: Grains are for some reason called cereals in the app.

So for an example go to Beer, says you need 5 cereal instead of 5 grain. Haven't really had time to go through much of the app though as it is late.

At least I've always referred to it as grains, cereal to me is a breakfast food :P

Hmm, good point! I'll definitely look into it but it seems like you are right because it refers to the seeds of the plant (corn, wheat, etc)!

Posted

Looking good!
I'll deffo keep this handy. thanks!

Posted

Tnx. Installing now and will try when I have the chance. Kudos ^_^

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys!

Also, I am currently fixing an issue with the slider, [-10] and [-1] buttons giving wrong values. If you see an update, please apply it :D Thank you!

Edited by Erio

Posted

installed. thanks. hope you get decent revenue from ads. 

Posted

I would love to see a materials guide. There are some mats that I just have no Idea how to find.

Posted

installed. thanks. hope you get decent revenue from ads. 

I haven't actually added any ads yet (though I did indicate on Google Play that there will be). Until everything is fixed, it's ad-free for now!

I would love to see a materials guide. There are some mats that I just have no Idea how to find.

Added to the list. I'll see what I can do! Thank you for the suggestion.

Posted

I haven't actually added any ads yet (though I did indicate on Google Play that there will be). Until everything is fixed, it's ad-free for now!

Added to the list. I'll see what I can do! Thank you for the suggestion.

it is as good as it is, just add a banner above te x and bellow the coming soon. You deserve something back. Just don't make it massive. People need to appreciate the app. If anything I'll even click on the adds. 

Posted

it is as good as it is, just add a banner above te x and bellow the coming soon. You deserve something back. Just don't make it massive. People need to appreciate the app. If anything I'll even click on the adds. 

Thank you! And yeah, I'll make sure it's not obstructive cause I hate ads too! Haha.

Also everyone, I uploaded an upload that fixes some calculation problems. If you see an update, please apply it!

Posted

Heya , if you need some French Translation PM me :)

Posted

Heya , if you need some French Translation PM me :)

Yes! Definitely need some translations in the future! Thank you!!

1 person likes this

Posted

iOS app? androids are a step backwards for me.

Posted (edited)

iOS app? androids are a step backwards for me.

Programming on 2 platforms at the same time is not time-efficient so I am focusing on Android at the moment. That and Apple having more restrictions, and longer approval times will be a lot of work and waiting. Plus, it would be easier to polish it on Android first to make the porting and updating easier.

It will come soon!

Edited by Erio

Posted

Hey, thank you very much for making the app, it looks great ! :)

But I got a problem: I just downloaded it and everytime I try to click on a dish the program crashes "Unfortunately, Quipu (BDO) has stopped". Do you know what the problem could be ? 

Posted (edited)

Hey, thank you very much for making the app, it looks great ! :)

But I got a problem: I just downloaded it and everytime I try to click on a dish the program crashes "Unfortunately, Quipu (BDO) has stopped". Do you know what the problem could be ? 

Hello! May I ask what phone and what version of Android you are using? :o And does it still crash after restarting the app?

Edited by Erio

Posted

Hello! May I ask what phone and what version of Android you are using? :o And does it still crash after restarting the app?

I am using a Xiaomi Redmi note 3 with 5.0.2 LRX22G (Lollipop). Sadly yes, restarting dosen´t help neither does rebooting my phone do anything :( 

Posted

I am using a Xiaomi Redmi note 3 with 5.0.2 LRX22G (Lollipop). Sadly yes, restarting dosen´t help neither does rebooting my phone do anything :( 

Thank you for letting me know. I'll run some tests and check what's causing it. Have you also tried reinstalling the app?

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you for letting me know. I'll run some tests and check what's causing it. Have you also tried reinstalling the app?

Thank you very much, that´s incredibly nice of you :x Yup, didn´t help :/