• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

"I don't have to be nice to you"

172 posts in this topic

Posted

For the past 5 days i have been grinding Ogres without any luck so far but hey that's
RNG for ya ^^ it doesn't bother me to grind for stuff for a long time. On the other hand what
does bother me and what seems to be the an incredible hype around ogres is that people don't
respect other people killing ogres and just go and ks them. And the worst part? if i kindly ask them 
to not touch the ogres i am killing 9 out of 10 says "I don't have to be nice to you".... This is true you dont NEED
to be nice to other people but the world would be a hell of nicer to live in if people were a bit nicer to eachother.
They usually end up engaging me into a fight and then getting their asses kicked.... i mean.... i can
just come at u and kill u but does it really have to get to that point on grinding ogres? just get your own srsly sjeesh
I've never seen as much unsocial players in a game as in this one. I am not even a "pve oriented player" i love pvp
just treat eachother with a bit more respect and don't pm me if you're killed threatning me in real life how old are u guys?

sorry for the rant it was just annoying me so much i figured i'd share this here. If you have a story like this dump it here i'd love to read it :P
Lets spread some love 

20 people like this

Posted

This is a PVP game they say.

1 person likes this

Posted

There is no need to rant. I normally ask people nicely first. If they answer wrong, they are dead. That's how it goes.

You should do the same.

5 people like this

Posted

Is it just me or top 30 growth people are just pure assholes ? Always wanting the whole map even if they are alone and using only 2 spots.

That must be a requirement to enter the growth ranking. 

14 people like this

Posted

If someone try to ks my spot i PK them without warning, no need to waste time and asking them nicely. It is obvious what kind of person that is if you pull your mobs and he just nukes them down. Seriously just dont give a fk and kill them right away.

8 people like this

Posted

BDO community sucks bro lol

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

well, if you do it right and have enough ap, you can kill all ogres at respawn in a rotation.

which means there is only one person which knows which one will spawn next and be there when it spawns.

there is pretty much no other way to farm them without fighting other players if you want to do that efficiently...

If someone try to ks my spot i PK them without warning, no need to waste time and asking them nicely. It is obvious what kind of person that is if you pull your mobs and he just nukes them down. Seriously just dont give a fk and kill them right away.

pretty much this

Edited by Jylin

Posted

Or they just come alone and kill your entire party because the want every single sausan for them, because meh, they hate white square on the map erk.

Posted

This game and especially its western publisher does not support "nice". Its all about how is a bigger jerk with more power.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

BDO community sucks bro lol

ExoKqto.jpg

Edited by scau
23 people like this

Posted

Have PvP enabled, and just kill everything that's close. They call that collateral damage. :)

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Or they just come alone and kill your entire party because the want every single sausan for them, because meh, they hate white square on the map erk.

If he/she managed to kill me easily on the spot, then I just have to leave and go on another channel or spot. Thats how it works. No need to waste time to waste "gems and pots" for a spot.

Edited by XKB
1 person likes this

Posted

For the past 5 days i have been grinding Ogres without any luck so far but hey that's
RNG for ya ^^ it doesn't bother me to grind for stuff for a long time. On the other hand what
does bother me and what seems to be the an incredible hype around ogres is that people don't
respect other people killing ogres and just go and ks them. And the worst part? if i kindly ask them 
to not touch the ogres i am killing 9 out of 10 says "I don't have to be nice to you".... This is true you dont NEED
to be nice to other people but the world would be a hell of nicer to live in if people were a bit nicer to eachother.
They usually end up engaging me into a fight and then getting their asses kicked.... i mean.... i can
just come at u and kill u but does it really have to get to that point on grinding ogres? just get your own srsly sjeesh
I've never seen as much unsocial players in a game as in this one. I am not even a "pve oriented player" i love pvp
just treat eachother with a bit more respect and don't pm me if you're killed threatning me in real life how old are u guys?

sorry for the rant it was just annoying me so much i figured i'd share this here. If you have a story like this dump it here i'd love to read it :P
Lets spread some love 

The reason why every interaction is hostile is because that is the only thing you can do with other players, everytime you see someone it boils down 2 questions.

1. Is it worth 60k karma to kill this person.

2. Do I have enough karma to kill them.

If you answered yes to both of these questions then you flag and kill them. That is all of the interaction in this game, the karma system is so -----ed it is unbelievable. It doesn't even protect people from getting pk'd.

The only other interaction is leaderboards, marketplace, and gvg. If you can even count that as meaningful interaction with all the limitations.

If there was no karma system then it would force people to work together to defend their spots and to get what they need. You would have to choose your enemies and friends carefully. Every interaction would be tense and exciting since you don't know what will happen, when you meet those people who are nice and don't attack you it will make it all the more special. This is a similar concept to survival games and it works great if done right. 

I would rather have the community decide who is the good and bad guys and what the rules are for bdo rather then the devs putting in some shit system to police everything with no context of the situation.

Posted

It goes 2 ways, yeah sure most of the time you may kill the person, but the time you dont they slap you down like the beta betch you are cuz they are the new alpha...  Thats how this game works.  I personally love this system, it creates great rivalries, and tension in an otherwise boring grinding activity.

No one *OWNS* a spot, it doesnt belong to anyone, you can either defend it, continue on with your day, #alphastatuswoofwoof4life, die and cry about it, or simply go to another spot.

1 person likes this

Posted

The game kinda lacks incentive to group up with random players when you are trying to grind for an item.
Something like increasing luck in a party or dropping rare items for everyone will probably give players more reason to group up with other players in situations like this but could very well be really unbalanced.

1 person likes this

Posted

Salt is real.

If some1 is killing ogre i will kill him or ks it depending what health it is and do i have karma. I excpect that everyone else does the same to me, if they dont i dont have any respect for them.

Posted (edited)

On the other hand what does bother me and what seems to be the an incredible hype around ogres is that people don't
to not touch the ogres i am killing 9 out of 10 says "I don't have to be nice to you".... 

That kind of players is the reason why I rarely play MMOs without open world PVP. Good thing that in BDO you can (try to) kill them at higher levels. Just a pity they don't really bleed for it, losses for dying from a PK are nearly non existant but hey, at least they stop annoying you for a few minutes and provided you with a fun break from PVE boredom.

Edited by eHug

Posted

Roll sorc, no one has balls to steal your kills because they know that sorc players are more agressive than others because they get the superior masterrace mentality

I play sorc I swear people leave with their tail between their legs when they see me dropping ogres in less than 10 seconds

Posted

Wouldn't be even more awesome if we had the system all the PvE:ers want that if you don't do the quest you stay at 49.999% and will never be able to get PK:d so they can just prance in and take over any camp they want and you can't do anything about it.

Posted

Some people turn into shit bags when they can hide behind their computer. I try to avoid that crap because 1.) Its rude. 2.) I'm not trying to get into a guild war. 

The game kinda lacks incentive to group up with random players when you are trying to grind for an item.
Something like increasing luck in a party or dropping rare items for everyone will probably give players more reason to group up with other players in situations like this but could very well be really unbalanced.

^This so much

2 people like this

Posted

Lets spread some love 

people are dicks...Welcome to life.

It's not that they are hiding behind a computer, the same happens in real life on a daily basis. When you are working, socializing, etc people will find every little way to shoot you down because they think by lowering someone else's day it will raise their own.

2 people like this

Posted

Well, for one, you shouldn't be killing Ogres. It's just not worth the grind.

If you really want to get the Ogre Ring, you'd be better off farming money to buy it from the AH. You always have Ogre Rings sitting at the AH for hours if not days.

On a sidenote, Bares Necklace TRI = Ogre Ring and it's way cheaper if you do it yourself.

Posted

the world would be a hell of nicer to live in if people were a bit nicer to eachother.

Thank god this is a video game and not the real world, right? Want people to stop KSing you? PvP them. Can't PvP them? Find another grinding spot. Can't find another grinding spot? Go to Tumblr and talk about your oppressed you were by people taking your mobs and how you lack of heelies stopped you from escaping your feelies. 

Posted

yea, since i've started with this game, i've experienced many cases of such behavior.
it's especially irritating to me because i've always tought myself and others to be respectful.
don't killsteal another players or groups monsters/exp camps, there are plenty out there to share, no need to attack a monster that is currently being fought by someone else.
but in here, everything i've learned those past 15 years of online gaming is being thrown aboard.
people take not only small exp camps, but actually the whole place and call it theirs, like they can kill the whole area without sharing it.
if you're on a quest (example: the hourly quest for the dim magical ring which requires you to kill shadow knights) instead of people working together so they can move along, you're more likely to find a single player killing you because you seem to be in his way.
instead of him/her inviting you so you can get done quicker and move along when you're done.

out of probably 100 of these cases i had maybe 3-5 where i was actually asked to group up to help each other, on those others cases i was either told to ----- off it's their "spot" without me actually attacking "their" mobs or just killed right away.

i have no issue with pvp or pk, but the sheer ignorance of some shows how low the niveau has already sunken.
and with me being a rather casual player and still being a 52 warrior with at best average gear, i most of the time stand no chance in pvp against a lvl54 archer claiming a whole cave to farm his, without me being able to advance on my quest.

which is probably the reason i'm currently spending most my time crafting/gathering, as i see no joy in getting killed for idiotic reasons.

Posted

people are dicks...Welcome to life.

It's not that they are hiding behind a computer, the same happens in real life on a daily basis. When you are working, socializing, etc people will find every little way to shoot you down because they think by lowering someone else's day it will raise their own.

Soo in real life you were eating at a restaurant and someone just walked over and took your plate and started eating it? 

I get the point you're trying to make, but come on people are ten times worse when they can hide their real identity.