• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

It's official, we officialy beat WoW...

74 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

WoW: WoD

Screenshot_11.thumb.png.6451786918ad1b5f

BDO

Screenshot_12.thumb.png.3f655a1134e25689

Just wanted to officialy thank the community for all the official energy that was shared within! WoW is offifically gone, it has no point of return.

Edited by I'm going Insane

Posted

Game is still new and fresh. There is a 0% chance this game will have the longevity of WoW

4 people like this

Posted

I forgot WoW existed. Why do you even care about BDO "beating" it?

Posted

Last time I checked wow had a 9 milj playerbase and bdo 200k or 300k?

I dont like wow anymore but defeated is a big word.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not really a big achievement m8, BDO (a fresh, new game) managed to get a better score than WoW's legit WORST expansion. Even blizz admitted it sucks and ceased to work on it and moved all their cash to make a new one.
And that's all if we IGNORE the fact that WoW still has much more SUBSCRIBERS where BDO is B2P and still low numbers :P
Nice try tho, keep hoping

Last time I checked wow had a 9 milj playerbase and bdo 200k or 300k?

I dont like wow anymore but defeated is a big word.

Dropped to 6mil in WoD. Like I said, their worst expansion yet.

Posted

It's such an unfair comparison really. WoW was revolutionary. The only thing remotely revolutionary about BDO is the character creator. The game play is mediocre. idk if you can even call afk fishing "game play"

Posted (edited)

Blizzard -----ing suck, period. Their recent fiasco with nostalrius just shows how they don't give a shit. ----- them.

However, nothing I think will ever "beat" WoWs previous success.... only because wow had a whole storyline and series of games behind it.

This game however will do well in it's own way.

I think most people play wow these days simply because of the sunk cost fallacy.

Edited by Jack Sparrow

Posted

LOL...kids these days.

Posted

LOL...kids these days.

Posted

Comes as no surprise.

2956312_1345256769808.44res_500_280.jpg

Posted

Dropped to 6mil in WoD. Like I said, their worst expansion yet.

Seems like you don't comprehend how large 6 mil  is. It's still 30x more than BDO.

Posted

B..But it's WoW? I wonder how many people will switch back when Legion will hit. And remind you that WoW is around since 2004. This game is just a few months old(for NA/EU).

Posted

Until Legion, then I will go enjoy the Demon Hunter swarm for a few months then happily trot back to BDO to see and play the awesome content I missed.

Posted

WoW has no afk fishing, nuff said.

Posted

It's such an unfair comparison really. WoW was revolutionary. The only thing remotely revolutionary about BDO is the character creator. The game play is mediocre. idk if you can even call afk fishing "game play"

Revolutionary? Really? OK.

1 person likes this

Posted

WoW: WoD

Screenshot_11.thumb.png.6451786918ad1b5f

BDO

Screenshot_12.thumb.png.3f655a1134e25689

Just wanted to officialy thank the community for all the official energy that was shared within! WoW is offifically gone, it has no point of return.

say the random unknown site, with only 1k voting people for wow xD

Posted

WoW was not revolutionary.  When it launched it didn't invent anything that other MMO's didn't already have.  With that said, WoW was great a copying features from other games, they took good features & ideas from other games and combined them all into one game.  They often enhanced and upgraded those features and made them work well for their playerbase.  Blizzard deserves credit for what they created, but they were not revolutionary.  Think WoW like Microsoft, rarely invent anything, but took ideas & inventions from others and made them slightly better for their users.  Both software have tons of users because of accessibility, affordability, and user friendliness.

Anyways I figured this thread was a troll/bait thread.  But no, BDO won't touch WoW in terms of subscriber count, fanbase count, and Blizzard is literally printing money in Irvine.  They make most any other gaming companies jealous, it's really no surprise why so many games tried to model after WoW.  BDO is more of a niche game that caters to a crowd that have been looking for a game like this.  There really aren't many games like BDO, it explains the popularity.  Going by user votes, BDO is also the most popular game on mmorpg.com for games released.  It doesn't really mean much, but it should mean something to the publisher/developers of this game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow looks like this:

fisher-price-babys-first-blocks-77645-0-

Black Desert looks like this:

Corot.jpg

9 people like this

Posted

say the random unknown site, with only 1k voting people for wow xD

I don't think "metacritic" is that unknown O.o

Posted

I don't think "metacritic" is that unknown O.o

not enough to call this "Officialy"

Posted

Revolutionary? Really? OK.

Everquest, Asheron's call, DAoC. It was business as usual. Then WoW came along and things changed. It could have been Everquest, but it wasn't successful enough. 

Posted

Everquest, Asheron's call, DAoC. It was business as usual. Then WoW came along and things changed. It could have been Everquest, but it wasn't successful enough. 

WoW copied the same game design as EQ1 but added the ability to level via quests and made everything accessible until end game. That's about it. Later on with further expansion packs when they started doing phasing, etc? Maybe. But not at launch.

Posted

well... bdo is still first O.o

yep. that is Hype meter.

Even though I hate WoW, it is still the No. 1 MMORPG on the planet. I guess just because it was first to provide whatever it did and how it captured the market.

BDO is at a healthy 1million copies margin.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0