• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

There is no RNG in field boss loot

78 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This "RNG" must scale with damage because the two top dps get all the drops. Just today one of them got two tree belts and a liverto from one boss and the other got one of each.

There is no way for melee to compete much less if they were behind in the early RNG and did not get drops. Something needs to be done to balance this "RNG" it surely is not random.

@CM_Jouska The community needs you

Edited by LONGTIME
4 people like this

Posted

Melee having problems on Field bosses? Let me just leave this here...

200w.thumb.gif.a283db7192502d20514e27def

Posted

Melee having problems on Field bosses? Let me just leave this here...

200w.thumb.gif.a283db7192502d20514e27def

You forgot the part where they said that the RNG is secretly biased towards everyone else and hates melee inexplicably. That's never happened.

Posted

You forgot the part where they said that the RNG is secretly biased towards everyone else and hates melee inexplicably. That's never happened.

It's not that RNG is secretly biased, people are saying that melee's are at an inherent disadvantage because they don't have nearly the amount of uptime as ranged players since they get 1 shot a lot more often.

Posted

It's not that RNG is secretly biased, people are saying that melee's are at an inherent disadvantage because they don't have nearly the amount of uptime as ranged players since they get 1 shot a lot more often.

Usually I'd agree but this time they actually said "RNG is not random"

Posted

level a wiz with a +15 bares weapon - that's just what you have to do to cut the difference with this stupid system.

Posted (edited)

This "RNG" must scale with damage because the two top dps get all the drops. Just today one of them got two tree belts and a liverto from one boss and the other got one of each.

There is no way for melee to compete much less if they were behind in the early RNG and did not get drops. Something needs to be done to balance this "RNG" it surely is not random.

@CM_Jouska

There's exploits currently in game that allow users to modify their chance at getting rare loot. Report anyone that you see getting rare items too often. Let the devs/GMs sort them out.

And if what you're claiming about overall dps impacting loot drops so severely, then yes, melee are indeed getting screwed. Regardless of whether people think you're beating a dead horse or not. If true, it isn't right. The bosses need to have an added mechanic that targets anyone at range first. Thereby making everyone have to stay close to the boss and making them have to actually take part in the fight ( dodging and what not). And not just standing out of the bosses range dpsing away. 

Edited by OldCuban

Posted (edited)

I can just blink in front of the herd and start pew pewing. People blocking each other unintentionally is ridiculous but you can't really help it because the game is made that way. :P

Edited by Lorskie

Posted

Most of Kzarka/Liverto drops are acquired by Sorc/Tamers/Zerkers statistically.....your argument is invalid.

3 people like this

Posted

Usually I'd agree but this time they actually said "RNG is not random"

Actually he said "RNG" which I inferred to mean he's saying he doesn't think it's up to RNG explicitly... I read it more like:

"
There is no way for melee to compete much less if they were behind in the early RNG and did not get drops. Something needs to be done to balance this so called 'RNG' (because) it surely is not random."

Just my takeaway from it, not asserting the validity of the claim just communicating how I interpreted it.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's RNG. You are guaranteed loot if you are hgiher dps though just not "special loot". My guildie who is a warrior in full DP gear, and low AP got a Liverto bundle, twice couple of days ago. Different bosses obviously.

Posted

Actually he said "RNG" which I inferred to mean he's saying he doesn't think it's up to RNG explicitly... I read it more like:
"
There is no way for melee to compete much less if they were behind in the early RNG and did not get drops. Something needs to be done to balance this so called 'RNG' (because) it surely is not random."

Just my takeaway from it, not asserting the validity of the claim just communicating how I interpreted it.

Maybe I missed a sarcastic overtone in his OP I guess, oh well

Posted

This would be so effing easy to fix by giving the bosses appropriate incoming ranged and magic damage reduction.

Posted

Maybe I missed a sarcastic overtone in his OP I guess, oh well

No worries man, intonation is REALLY a pain when it comes to text because communication isn't "verbal" alone.

It's RNG. You are guaranteed loot if you are hgiher dps though just not "special loot". My guildie who is a warrior in full DP gear, and low AP got a Liverto bundle, twice couple of days ago. Different bosses obviously.

From what I understand we've already had comments from staff saying that the mechanics behind loot are not what the community might expect and isn't as simple as damage tables. They have declined to comment on how that algorithm works because they don't want people figuring out how to exploit it.

P.S. to avoid any confusion, I'm agreeing with your assertion that it's effectively RNG.

Posted

Twice LOL how quaint. These two people get multiple livertos nearly daily. And getting two tree belts AND and liverto from ONE boss. How lucky can a person be? It is obviously nearly completely based on damage done which is a terrible system.

Posted

There's exploits currently in game that allow users to modify their chance at getting rare loot. Report anyone that you see getting rare items too often. Let the devs/GMs sort them out.

And if what you're claiming about overall dps impacting loot drops so severely, then yes, melee are indeed getting screwed. Regardless of whether people think you're beating a dead horse or not. If true, it isn't right. The bosses need to have an added mechanic that targets anyone at range first. Thereby making everyone have to stay close to the boss and making them have to actually take part in the fight ( dodging and what not). And not just standing out of the bosses range dpsing away. 

Reporting people for getting "too many rare items?" What did hell did I just read? Loot tables are server sided and I highly doubt that there are any cheats that can modify the server side values to give them increased drop rates. If you know world boss attack patterns and are geared as a melee, you still can compete for loot. If that's not enough, Kzarka - the most sought after world boss, is much more melee friendly than ranged friendly.

Posted (edited)

you have 1 piece of "evidence" and you already draw a conclousion that its not random?
wait let me roll a dice one time...oh i got a 3...thats 100% chance to roll a 3...dices aren't random...

facepalm.jpg

Edited by Faustus

Posted (edited)

you made one observation and you already draw a conclousion that its not random?I wait let me roll a dice one time...oh i got a 3...thats 100% chance i roll a 3...dices aren't random...

please uninstall game and never come back.

This has been going on since the bosses were released in the game. Roll 40-50 pairs of dice a hundred times or so and have the same group of people roll 7s 70-90% of the time.

That is about what is happening.

Edited by LONGTIME

Posted (edited)

This has been going on since the bosses were released in the game. Roll 40-50 pairs of dice a hundred times or so and have the same group of people roll 7 70-90% of the time.

That is about what is happening.

evidence? Where is your data to get these numbers?
why isn't it 100% if there is no rng going on?
how do you know its not people abusing a bug?
how do you know its not x% rng and y% dmg instead of 0%rng and 100% dmg?

Edited by Faustus

Posted (edited)

evidence?

Play the game a bit and you will notice. It is pretty obvious. I will get some screenshots over the next few days.

These people are very good at this game and many are KR veterans. They do not need to abuse any bugs because they are already some of the best players in the game. They should not be punished for being good and knowing what to do early. However there is a large imbalance between damage done and what ranged classes can do compared to melee.

RNG has to be a much lower factor than DMG or maybe amount of hits. A pair of people getting 5 very rare drops (three belts and two livertos) from one boss should not happen from RNG.

Bu9f5Tn

Dunno why that link looks broken to me.

http://imgur.com/Bu9f5Tn

Two of those belts (70mil silver on Edan from one boss) are just from today.

Edited by LONGTIME

Posted (edited)

Play the game a bit and you will notice.

i'm nolifing this game from day one...whats your point?
personal experience is no evidence when talking about low RNG.
Played diablo 2 for more then 5 years, never dropped a windforce...thats still no evidence that windforce can't be dropped in diablo 2
Why you create a topic about RNG if you haven't even the minimum education to understand probability theorie?

These people are very good at this game and many are KR veterans. They do not need to abuse any bugs because they are already some of the best players in the game. They should not be punished for being good and knowing what to do early.

Thats your personal opinion and not evidence that there is no bugabuse going on.(especialy taking into account that there are alot of information of a field boss loottable exploit around)
Do you actualy know what "evidence" means? So far you only have useless asumptions and opinions eventho i never asked for useless asumptions and opinions.

RNG has to be a much lower factor than DMG or maybe amount of hits.

So far you still have no evidence that there is no RNG or how much RNG is part of it.

A pair of people getting 5 very rare drops (three belts and two livertos) from one boss should not happen from RNG.

You realy don't understand probability theorie don't you? This can happen from RNG since its RNG.
Since you still haven't proved that this is because of the RNG implementation, its also a useless statement to make at this point.
First prove your premise, then you can talk about all the conclousion you draw from it. As long as your premise is unproven, all your conclousions are just worthless.

Ps: Your image still only shows 1 data set...1 data set is not capeable of drawing the conclousions you draw from it.
Come back when you have like 10.000 data sets , since we are dealing with low RNG and not a simple coinflip.

Edited by Faustus

Posted (edited)

evidence?

So low probability happens to the same group of people daily? Do you even understand the words that you are using? My point being is that it is not your so called low RNG.

Edited by LONGTIME

Posted

Most of Kzarka/Liverto drops are acquired by Sorc/Tamers/Zerkers statistically.....your argument is invalid

is there proof of this or it is your opinion. If it is a fact please bring forward some form of evidence. I am not shutting you down but if it is true I want to post this in bold letters to shut down all the teary eyes argument that they are at disadvantage. 

Posted

No. Your RNG does not "Scale" with damage.
The damage is a factor in whether or not you even get considered by the droprate probability.
You have to do enough damage to be able to get a drop.

Posted (edited)

So low probability happens to the same group of people daily? Do you even understand the words that you are using? My point being is that it is not your so called low RNG.

where is your evidence that its happens to the same group of people every day since launch?
You cannot treat your unproven thesis as a fact and expect everyone who has minimum education to make the same stupid misstake.
Do you even understand anything?

Just look at how deep your missunderstanding reaches:

A pair of people getting 5 very rare drops (three belts and two livertos) from one boss should not happen from RNG.

Okay here you say this should not happen from RNG.
So lets check this with probability theorie.
If an event X has a chance > 0 to happen, then it also has a chance bigger > 0 to happen 2 times in a row.
So the only way it should not happen would be to set the probability for the event X to 0.
Wich means by your understanding of RNG and probability, the dropchance for any highclass item should be 0, because only then it cannot happen that this item drops 2 times for the same person.

You need more hard evidence that you have no idea what you are talking about?

Edited by Faustus

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0