• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Premium Horse Skin Coupon

490 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

yes it would affect gameplay. And in that instance I'd be right here with you asking for removal of the items.

The fact is, having a pretty horse gives this player no extra advantage at all gameplay wise.

I mean what do you want for comp? A free skin for everyone? That's ludicrous and you know as well as I do there's not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

You want the guys horse skin taken away when it was given due to a moderators carelessnes? That doesn't seem very fair. 

This all boils down to envy and it's a good indication of how petty and childish this community can be.

We just want a clear answer on what the actual f*ck happened, if it's a hack, or if a GM really, willingly, gave him the item while he known or not, (but if not, I'm seriously wondering about a lot of things) that he shouldn't have one. The problem isn't that the player has the skin, it's that he got something unavailable, and sold only in the PEARL SHOP, without any reason. 

Personally, that's what I'm upset. I don't really care that this guy got something I don't have, I'm upset about the "behind the scenes", and "free stuff" someone/people (?) get without us knowing.

Edited by Harp

Posted

who cares i mean ffs it doesn't affect gameplay at all 

It was (among other) this kind of negative press that got Trion into problems with Archeage, before Archeage Trion was considered one of the better and professional publishers, it's not for nothing that they know are called TrioNo...

(Personally I would like to see DAUM not go the same way as Trion, so, just sort it out, make a statement, set the record straight. I mean, why would they NOT want to?)

1 person likes this

Posted

We just want a clear answer on what the actual f*ck happened, if it's a hack, or if a GM really, willingly, gave him the item while he known or not, (but if not, I'm seriously wondering about a lot of things) that he shouldn't have one. The problem isn't that the player has the skin, it's that he got something unavailable, and sold only in the PEARL SHOP, without any reason. 

Personally, that's what I'm upset. I don't really care that this guy got something I don't have, I'm upset about the "behind the scenes", and "free stuff" someone/people (?) get without us knowing.

It was (among other) this kind of negative press that got Trion into problems with Archeage, before Archeage Trion was considered one of the better and professional publishers, it's not for nothing that they know are called TrioNo...

(Personally I would like to see DAUM not go the same way as Trion, so, just sort it out, make a statement, set the record straight. I mean, why would they NOT want to?)

I agree with you guys on that. A statement saying they goofed would help.

I'm mostly addressing the people screaming for comp over this in my previous posts.

And I don't think the player should lose his item, since it was Daum's fault to begin with.

Posted

Grats to Death Death on a very nice-looking horse skin, I'm inclined to believe he has no idea how he got it or whether he should really have it since I go through life like that too :D 

If it was a GM mistake then fair enough, he should be allowed to keep it imo since it's not his fault

Posted

Actually it's the same horse skin. The white one. Flames look blue due to lighting I suppose. I think we all know lightning in this game can make some dramatic color changes. I looked at the white skin earlier, and the markings were white then. 

2016-04-22_28879054.thumb.JPG.984d213e3a

There are at least 2 whites as u can see

Posted

It was a 'mistake' by a GM and that's all we've been told.

I personally wonder what could have triggered them to handing compensation out like that. To give an item that is unobtainable at the moment is sketchy. As a Conq owner who is pretty unhappy with Daum and PA's choice regarding the "T5" horse...I'd love to see THIS as our compensation at the very least.

But clearly they don't care enough. Nothing like telling those who supported you at the highest price before the game out to 'deal with it'. Meanwhile a GM is slipping up and giving out a horse skin coupon for whatever reason. Mistakes might happen but Daum is NOT getting on my good side. I'm frankly tired of the shit with my pre-order package, the piss poor support, and the staff trying to brush these issues under the rug as 'oops we dun goofed teehee'. If Black Desert wasn't such a fun game I'd imagine Daum would collapse right out the gate and eventually drive everyone away with their decisions.

Sure they say they work hard and want to create the best game experience they can...but some of their actions are just so questionable.

2 people like this

Posted

It was an honest mistake from a GM who was trying to help a player (it does happen sometimes, even by mistake) :) There is no need to blame the player who received the item as it was our mistake. 

A mistake is however not a policy. We do not currently give horse appearance change coupons to players. You will have to wait until the coupons are made available in the game in order to get a fancy looking poney. 

#horsegate

7 people like this

Posted

It was an honest mistake from a GM who was trying to help a player (it does happen sometimes, even by mistake) :) There is no need to blame the player who received the item as it was our mistake. 

A mistake is however not a policy. We do not currently give horse appearance change coupons to players. You will have to wait until the coupons are made available in the game in order to get a fancy looking poney. 

#horsegate

How does a GM "accidentally" give a player an item not in game?

Posted

I will be bringing this to the attention of the Customer Service Team so they can review and resolve this matter.  Thank you for calling it to our attention.

@GM_Tokaji , @CM_Jouska

Thank you both for your replies.

I am asking the following only because I had a terrible experience from some other MMO's...

Are the GM's moderated on a weekly basis? For example shouldn't someone check what items they are sending overall to players?

Please don't take this the wrong way...

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thank you for informing us @GM_Tokaji
I guess all we can do now is hope they release these coupons soon, seeing as they´re already in-game.

Edited by Tikzi

Posted

#horsegate

When anyone tacks gate onto something, I'm always inclined to point out that Watergate didn't actually have anything to do with water. ;)

Posted

#horsegate

ok thanks for letting us know what happened, i hope you guys will try and make sure this kind of thing dosnt happen anymore now you know how ppl will react :P

Posted (edited)

@GM_Tokaji , @CM_Jouska

Thank you both for your replies.

I am asking the following only because I had a terrible experience from some other MMO's...

Are the GM's moderated on a weekly basis? For example shouldn't someone check what items they are sending overall to players?

Please don't take this the wrong way...

Considering the track record, maybe they /should/ take that the "wrong way" and it'd still be justified.

Edited by Novel

Posted

#horsegate

How does one send an item that isn't even in the game? GG

Posted (edited)

Also, @GM_Tokaji since we have you here: What's up with the Conq horse being a t3 in disguise? Fewer breeding attempts, no ability to learn side step and it breeds like a t3. Why you all ripping us off like that? We were sold T5 horses.

Everyone over in this thread would love a response.

Edited by Novel

Posted

How does a GM "accidentally" give a player an item not in game?

We handed family name change coupons to players for free until the 15th of March although they were not available in the game. It was done in order to help players who had usually done a mistake and could not solve it.

The GM believed he could do the same with a Horse Appearance change coupon and did not understand that it would allow such a level of customization of the horse. In order to help him understand his mistake, I have decided to order him a custom new working outfit which should help us all to reflect on this issue. Monday will be interesting:

two-person-horse-costume.jpg

12 people like this

Posted

So all of those with the Horse Appearance change coupon are GMs? @GM_Tokaji

Posted

We handed family name change coupons to players for free until the 15th of March although they were not available in the game. It was done in order to help players who had usually done a mistake and could not solve it.

The GM believed he could do the same with a Horse Appearance change coupon and did not understand that it would allow such a level of customization of the horse. In order to help him understand his mistake, I have decided to order him a custom new working outfit which should help us all to reflect on this issue. Monday will be interesting:

Hidden Content

I demand a photo of that

Posted

Hidden Content

Interesting stance- assisting players that made mistakes in naming by giving out free cash-shop items while, during the very same time frame, choosing to ignore players that suffered from mistakes made by Daum's errors and eventually backtrack on promises. (Re: delayed/missing pack items, Serendia issues.)

Posted (edited)

I demand a photo of that

I received it (but never used it) because I was affected by the Serendia server bug. I rolled on Orwen, but eventually found out it was Uno Serendia server. So they gave us a name change coupon if you remade your character on the server you thought you were on.

Edited by Kyarra

Posted

I received it (but never used it) because I was affected by the Serendia server bug. I rolled on Orwen, but eventually found out it was Uno Serendia server. So they gave us a name change coupon if you remade your character on the server you thought you were on.

I think they want a photo of the GM in the costume lol

Posted

Again, this must be an example of selectively answering tickets then because we never got assistance in getting our original guild name back and, instead of name change coupons, we were told to wait until the end of March for a name change done via the website, not a pearlstore item.

Posted

I love how they deflect the issue with humour. Well played from a PR front.

Also, great marketing for your Horse Appearance exchange coupons. Everybody wants what they can't have.

Well played.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think they want a photo of the GM in the costume lol

Oops :P

Posted

Also, @GM_Tokaji since we have you here: What's up with the Conq horse being a t3 in disguise? Fewer breeding attempts, no ability to learn side step and it breeds like a t3. Why you all ripping us off like that? We were sold T5 horses.

Everyone over in this thread would love a response.

There was already a response regarding this issue. While the pre-order horse is on some aspects under its tier 5 counterpart, it also has greater chances to learn skills each time it levels up, according to the devs. Devs made their decision on this matter after being brought all the relevant information, so I won't comment further on this.

1 person likes this