• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Googled "pvp" -forum site:blackdesertonline.com

45 posts in this topic

Posted

l just saw several discussions where people say;

• this is an OwPvP game, so..
  • this is PvP game, so .. 
  • this game is advertised as OwPvP, do not change it..

So l just had a look at the official website and checked the game information as advertised. l could not find anything about PvP, so l made a search for PvP on the website. l found tons of links that all directed to forums where players mention PvP, but not developers. So l made a new search excluding forums and here is what l found;

google_bdo.thumb.jpg.28a258bb73782c7af81

Can someone please kindly direct me to where it is advertised as such?

Posted (edited)

You're looking for confirmation from Pearl Abyss that Black Desert Online is a PVP game?...

If that's what you're after just google Pearl Abyss interview or Black Desert interview. Or if you're after a specific text that explicitly describes this game as PvP orientated you better start reading hangul haha.

Edited by TheEntelexia
1 person likes this

Posted

wow,
just look at the game content.
open world, castle siege , node wars, guild vs guild - 100 % of content
pve raid/dungeon / world bosses / instanced pve - 0 %
if you still think that game isnt owpvp, you're the idiot.
I  guess you watch fox news aswell,
congratulation

3 people like this

Posted

Don't mean to insult you, but learn to use Google. (Search in google "google search terms" and go from there)

For a start use my term to open an Advanced Search tab/window:

https://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en&num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&as_qdr=all

insert this in "all these words:" pvp

and in "site or domain:" forum.blackdesertonline.com

result is:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=pvp&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=forum.blackdesertonline.com&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

About 7,630 results

Now if you want to do the same with the main site (not the forum), then enter:

www.blackdesertonline.com

This is just about using Google, I'm not saying anything about the PvP subject.

2 people like this

Posted

wow,
congratulation

So you think if l dont agree with the way you interpret the game content the way you do, then l am an idiot. Cool :)

Posted (edited)

Don't mean to insult you, but learn to use Google. (Search in google "google search terms" and go from there)

For a start use my term to open an Advanced Search tab/window:

https://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en&num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&as_qdr=all

insert this in "all these words:" pvp

and in "site or domain:" forum.blackdesertonline.com

result is:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=pvp&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=forum.blackdesertonline.com&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

About 7,630 results

Now if you want to do the same with the main site (not the forum), then enter:

www.blackdesertonline.com

This is just about using Google, I'm not saying anything about the PvP subject.

l already said l excluded forums, where pvp has been said by players countless times, but not devs. l am not looking for opinions of random people on the internet, l am looking for developer acknowledgement.

Brian Oh: . Our aim from the beginning has been to focus on Guilds vs Guilds with open world siege warfare.

That is pretty much inline with what l understand BDO's PvP interaction to be, which is not inline with what most people calling for the ability to kill someone grindng at your spot as OwPvP.

Edited by Mynban
2 people like this

Posted

So you think if l dont agree with the way you interpret the game content the way you do, then l am an idiot. Cool :)

you don't have to agree, IT IS THE ACTUALY CONTENT.

Posted

If you choose not to intemperate a toaster as a toaster, it doesn't make it any less of a toaster.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yes, the main page doesn't even mention the term PvP.

Both http://www.blackdesertonline.com/

and http://www.blackdesertonline.com/game/

are very generic and unclear about what kind of game is this. Just read all that and imagine that you know nothing about the game... I don't want to call front page misleading, but it's at least very poor and generic. And if one reads the forums next... the confusion is even greater. All this time no official word of course, because it's not decided yet. Everyone will want to find something else... the PvE vs PvP extremists will likely heavily clash after launch, more so than what's on forums. Because most people don't even read the forums, not even the ingame texts, except the chat at times, when is far too late.

Edited by Eonian

Posted

You don't need the baker to tell you "This is a cake." before buying a cake.

Posted

Yes, the main page doesn't even mention the term PvP.

Both http://www.blackdesertonline.com/

and http://www.blackdesertonline.com/game/

are very generic and unclear about what kind of game is this. Just read all that and imagine that you know nothing about the game... I don't want to call front page misleading, but it's at least very poor and generic. And if one reads the forums next... the confusion is even greater. All this time no official word of course, because it's not decided yet. Everyone will want to find something else... the PvE vs PvP extremists will likely heavily clash after launch, more so than what's on forums. Because most people don't even read the forums, not even the ingame texts, except the chat at times, when is far too late.

Although not the "Official" site, when you google "Black Desert" the first site you are given is: http://black-desert.com.

And if you refer to this page it will describe PvP in detail.

However I do agree that the main site is pretty vague and seems to be designed that way for appearance over anything. 

1 person likes this

Posted

i have come to enjoy your smug remarks. here is a technical donation. *places a cake on donation box* it's all i had. 

Posted

Still is very similar: it's clear that it's a cake (looks like a game, is named a game) but it's unclear what flavor. The solution is to taste it, but that usually results in a variety of reactions. A warning is always nice when the cake is not a sweet cake (in case we mostly expect cakes to be sweet).

Posted (edited)

Sizer is just a troll and an instigator. Just ignore him, because most of the time he has literally nothing useful to say.

Edited by NoGround
4 people like this

Posted

wow,
congratulation

i love u

Posted

Why do both sides of this games population (PvE/PvP) desperately try to convince everyone the game is only one or the other? This is legit the only game forum I've ever seen this happen on it's really weird.

1 person likes this

Posted

l just saw several discussions where people say;

• this is an OwPvP game, so..
  • this is PvP game, so .. 
  • this game is advertised as OwPvP, do not change it..

So l just had a look at the official website and checked the game information as advertised. l could not find anything about PvP, so l made a search for PvP on the website. l found tons of links that all directed to forums where players mention PvP, but not developers. So l made a new search excluding forums and here is what l found;

google_bdo.thumb.jpg.28a258bb73782c7af81

Can someone please kindly direct me to where it is advertised as such?

according to this google has ZERO information about ANY pvp at all! 

Posted

according to this google has ZERO information about ANY pvp at all! 

Excluding posts of forum from players, yes according to google search there is NO information on the www.blackdesertonline.com regarding PvP.

So since Daum did not say anything on the matter on their official site; all the talk about claiming what type of game BDO is just the way individuals interpret the game in their own way, nothing more. 

Neither forum posts of players, nor non-official websites has no value when it comes to how the game is defined. All in all it is just in our heads and according to Daum BDO is not specified as anything as of yet.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Excluding posts of forum from players, yes according to google search there is NO information on the www.blackdesertonline.com regarding PvP.

So since Daum did not say anything on the matter on their official site; all the talk about claiming what type of game BDO is just the way individuals interpret the game in their own way, nothing more. 

Neither forum posts of players, nor non-official websites has no value when it comes to how the game is defined. All in all it is just in our heads and according to Daum BDO is not specified as anything as of yet.

Did you read the faq?

Is it a Player versus Environment or Player versus Player game?
It's a combination of both worlds. You will begin in a story-driven, player versus environment setting, to develop your character and learn about the surounding world in Black Desert Online. Once your character has developed enough strength, the player versus player setting will unfold. You may then access such contexts as Arena Battles, Node Wars, Guild Sieges and more. Additionally, crafting and using your professions will play a huge role in gaining an advantage in this world.

If you notice they say that PvE is to strengthen your character for PvP and don't say that it doesn't mention OWPvP, because it also doesn't mention Guild Wars which are a big part. Both would fall under the more category in the sentence talking about PvP.

Then if you just look at the history of the game and the design (as not all companies spell it out for players).

Karma system - kept on KR even though they made it so severe that OWPvP didn't happen in KR. If they didn't want OWPvP, they would have just turned off OWPvP.

Valencia Update Part II (most recent update) - PvP Karma loss dramatically reduced and the major penalties removed removed in Valencia. Replaced with a jail you can break out of, thus negating the penalty of jail time. A bandit city is also added to protect those with negative karma. More profit to be made by killing traders and taking their trade pack as well. Bounty system to encourage you to hunt down those PKers, thus encrouraging OWPvP. This  overall change even has the potential to be in other parts of the world.

Our version - Dramatically reduced karma loss due to PKing meaning more OWPvP allowed and possibly more changes to lessen the difficulty of OWPvP.

Seriously do your research and learn how to draw conclusions from how games are designed because not all companies will layout exactly how the game is designed on their webpage.

Edited by Noth
3 people like this

Posted

Daum (The Developer) very publicly states what the game is in their game Wiki, and I quote:

-- Sauce: http://blackwiki.daum.net/wiki/게임가이드 --

게임 소개

The MMORPG, 검은사막

강렬한 액션과 다양한 콘텐츠가 공존하는 오픈월드.

힘과 부의 원천인 블랙스톤 쟁탈을 둘러싼 반목과 대립 속에
MMORPG의 한계를 시험하는 실감 나는 전투와 공성전,
그리고 무역과 탐험 등의 다양한 콘텐츠가 오픈월드에서 자유롭게 펼쳐집니다.

I mean, it's all right there for you to see.

^.^

tumblr_m6gg98nvmx1r9gozv.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Daum (The Developer) very publicly states what the game is in their game Wiki, and I quote:

- Sauce:  http://blackwiki.daum.net/wiki/ Game Guide  -

I mean, it's all right there for you to see.

^.^

tumblr_m6gg98nvmx1r9gozv.gif

Daum isn't the developer...

Posted

colbert-popcorn.gif

1 person likes this