• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Googled "pvp" -forum site:blackdesertonline.com

45 posts in this topic

Posted

ok ok, they're not the developers, it's Pearl Abyss but, no one knows who they are. Because no one talks to them, so to me Daum is the developer. Even though they're a publisher, they're doing all the translations so ... it's a lot of work, a large fraction of the game content is being re-written ;s

Posted

The dev's are openly working on both PVE and PVP content. That's as clear as day. The game will have both, it's not more one then the other anymore regardless of what people say nor if we think it's right. Key here, I don't. It should be a bit more PVP-centric due to it's orginal design but the dev's decided to equal it out better. /shrug.

Posted

this thread is low key pointless :P

1 person likes this

Posted

l just saw several discussions where people say;

• this is an OwPvP game, so..
  • this is PvP game, so .. 
  • this game is advertised as OwPvP, do not change it..

So l just had a look at the official website and checked the game information as advertised. l could not find anything about PvP, so l made a search for PvP on the website. l found tons of links that all directed to forums where players mention PvP, but not developers. So l made a new search excluding forums and here is what l found;

google_bdo.thumb.jpg.28a258bb73782c7af81

Can someone please kindly direct me to where it is advertised as such?

Nice one OP. You made me laugh so hard for a good bit.  

Posted (edited)

wow,
just look at the game content.
open world, castle siege , node wars, guild vs guild - 100 % of content
pve raid/dungeon / world bosses / instanced pve - 0 %
if you still think that game isnt owpvp, you're the idiot.
I  guess you watch fox news aswell,
congratulation

So, fishing, trading, farming, crafting.... it's all pvp? I can't craft or fish without fighting someone in the same time?

Nodes don't have anything with pvp, and yet you all rush to connect them for pve bonuses. 

Sure, there is no dungeons, but they are making 2 of them right now, if I am not mistaken. They wish to balance pvp and pve. When BDO launch on EU/NA it will be mostly pvp game, but in time, they will add a lot of pve content, because there is a lot of pve players. I am pvp player, but pvp can get boring if thats all you do, so I am looking forward to try some dungeons when they release them. When I love a game, I try everything it offers. 

Edited by SalWe
2 people like this

Posted

wow,
congratulation

whats grinding then ? 

Posted

Well this game looks like ConquerOnline with better Graphics .............. There are some world bosses and mostly grind mobs for gear ......... and prepare for GVG and alot of open world pvp .................Is an old school grind to win .................... Anyway they added 2 dungeons now ............. The game will be huge

Posted

So l just had a look at the official website and checked the game information as advertised. l could not find anything about PvP, so l made a search for PvP on the website. l found tons of links that all directed to forums where players mention PvP, but not developers. So l made a new search excluding forums and here is what l found;

I refuse to take this bait 

Posted (edited)

Why do both sides of this games population (PvE/PvP) desperately try to convince everyone the game is only one or the other? This is legit the only game forum I've ever seen this happen on it's really weird.

Some people seems to be in a subconscious mental stage war ,  one group wants to get rid of the other thus obtaining an imaginary victory that will fully satisfy them.   expect many comments like, this game is not for you.  if you want to gank go play ultima online, verses if you want pve go play hello kitty.  etc etc .

the reason the game is not clearly advertised as a PVP game with capital letters and red headlines .  is because perhaps the devs want to lure in most people in regardless of their playing styles.  wich is the most logical thing to do if they want to do well financially .    as long they provide those different playing styles with a steady and sustainable content, or else they could end up facing issues due to false advertisement  .

Edited by Aylindel
1 person likes this

Posted

wow,
congratulation

Korea now has a group OW dungeon and has had world bosses for a while now... 3 in fact along with the Dragon (Desert world boss) that was just updated again this last patch a couple days ago. Idk were you got the 0% pve from...

Posted

Homer-Walks-Into-Bar-and-Leaves.gif

Posted (edited)

oh.thumb.png.5d7e229f585b03e9c7fec5b3eac
Explain to me about this credit card thing OP
We are believing everything google searches for us right?

Edited by Yablo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edit: I derped

Edited by Hyunckel Xanadu

Posted

Hopeless.

Posted

So you are telling us, you googled "pvp" on a new website for the EU/NA version, but did not include older websites that have at least 2 years of discussions and news on them.

Sounds very biased to me.

Posted

So you are telling us, you googled "pvp" on a new website for the EU/NA version, but did not include older websites that have at least 2 years of discussions and news on them.

Sounds very biased to me.

True. The website only has a little reference about PvP vs PvE in the FAQ on the Pre-Order page and that's it.

The website is as lackluster as it can get.

Thankfully, unless you're 80 y old + or a newborn, you shouldn't have issues using Google to get informations about this game :) 

Posted

Don't listen to these people OP, your argument is flawless.

Posted

its not and you´re an idiot, goodbye.

Posted

The game is both.

Pearl focused on the PvP first and are expanding the PvE second. Eventually, it will be populated with both sets of content HOWEVER it is my understanding there will not be dungeon-style raids, just world boss raids. 

But yeah. While they are going to be putting in a tonne more PvE content (KR has several dungeons and open world bosses, and more to come) as others have said, its got a heavy PvP focus and thats the way we like it :)

I love the game and its immersive world, and the pve is fun...but its going to be the guild wars and the guild diplomacy/politics that really make this game shine.  

In essense, its going to become what ArcheAge was supposed to be: The fantasy equivalent of EVE Online. Lots and lots of player focused gameplay through wars, sieges, battles, pking and drama/politics. 

Posted

The game is both.

Pearl focused on the PvP first and are expanding the PvE second. Eventually, it will be populated with both sets of content HOWEVER it is my understanding there will not be dungeon-style raids, just world boss raids. 

I love the game and its immersive world, and the pve is fun...but its going to be the guild wars and the guild diplomacy/politics that really make this game shine.  

In essense, its going to become what ArcheAge was supposed to be: The fantasy equivalent of EVE Online. Lots and lots of player focused gameplay through wars, sieges, battles, pking and drama/politics. 

After those events bet they will head back to pve farm.