• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvE servers are completely illogical and go against the point of BDO.

413 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I keep seeing this weird demand for PvE servers. Now, I don't necessarily have an issue with PvE. I carrier rat in EvE Online and do level 5's. I've beaten Dark Souls 3 about four times now because I enjoy the PvE, even if the bosses are incredibly easy. And in BDO, I of course enjoy grinding mobs.

But you have to look at the context of the PvE and why one would enjoy these things. For all the games listed, the PvE is there as a carrot on a stick. You're doing the PvE as a means to an end, the actual PvE isn't necessarily built to be fun. It's either made to fund your fun, or you are supposed to do boring, un-fun PvE to get to the good PvE. In Dark Souls, you'd have to go through boring bosses to get to the fun bosses. In EvE Online, you need to do some kind of activity to fund your PvP. 

If we want to get specific in Black Desert Online, the main reason you'd grind is for XP, money, and stones to get better at PvP. PvE also fuels PvP by giving PvPers targets. This forms a valuable ecosystem between predator and prey and makes the game more exciting for both if done right (As in it favors neither sides). That's off-topic, however. Black Desert Online's PvE components mainly lack any kind of mechanics. You are mashing buttons to get whatever you need. You're doing PvE to get to a goal.

By introducing PVE servers, you get rid of that goal. Players would reach burnout because they are doing these things for no end. There are no dungeons to grind gear for. There are no bosses to fight. You aren't getting good for the sake of end-game, you're just getting higher numbers to look at them. It'd be an entirely different situation if there was an actual point to PvE besides having it go to the main point of the game, which is PvP.

TL:DR, by introducing PvE servers you take away the point of PvE, get rid of the carrot on a stick, and it's not possible to replace it with anything. The company running NA/EU cannot add actual, tangible content. That's up to the Korean team. Sorry folks.

1452370915_hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Cyclegreen
40 people like this

Posted

I wear my sunglasses at night

3 people like this

Posted

I wear my sunglasses at night

Calm down JC Denton.

Posted (edited)

There is no pver without the demand of items from a pvper. These bbs should get that through their heads because they arent thinking things through. This aint wow or some other themepark. This is a sandboxparkthing. Pure pve cant exist unless you want to play 3d farmville...

Edited by Mosharn
1 person likes this

Posted

Daum should make a pve server where you can pk anyone everywhere even in cities and you do not get -karma . You get -karma by killing monsters and killing players you get + karma . This would be best pve server :D 

Dha trollz , come here !!!

Posted

Bottom line: you want other ppl around to provide "content" (as in unwilling slaughter victims) for you. End of story.

That's perfectly understandable. From your point of view.

No matter what arguments you try to dream up, it always comes down to this. If given a choice a lot of PvE-ppl would leave your playing grounds leaving you hanging dry; This has happened in countless other games before which offer this particular choice in one way or the other and wouldn't be any different here.

At least be honest enough to admit why you want and need forced PvP on everyone for your preferred play style. Problem is... no one else plays for and gives a crap about your amusement. They play for themselves and only pay DAUM (even more) if they get a good experience out of it. And in the long run this is the only thing that matters to any company.

There will be PvE only options eventually. No way around it if money needs to keep coming in.

100x this

1 person likes this

Posted

I keep seeing this weird demand for PvE servers. Now, I don't necessarily have an issue with PvE. I carrier rat in EvE Online and do level 5's. I've beaten Dark Souls 3 about four times now because I enjoy the PvE, even if the bosses are incredibly easy. And in BDO, I of course enjoy grinding mobs.

But you have to look at the context of the PvE and why one would enjoy these things. For all the games listed, the PvE is there as a carrot on a stick. You're doing the PvE as a means to an end, the actual PvE isn't necessarily built to be fun. It's either made to fund your fun, or you are supposed to do boring, un-fun PvE to get to the good PvE. In Dark Souls, you'd have to go through boring bosses to get to the fun bosses. In EvE Online, you need to do some kind of activity to fund your PvP. 

If we want to get specific in Black Desert Online, the main reason you'd grind is for XP, money, and stones to get better at PvP. PvE also fuels PvP by giving PvPers targets. This forms a valuable ecosystem between predator and prey and makes the game more exciting for both if done right (As in it favors neither sides). That's off-topic, however. Black Desert Online's PvE components mainly lack any kind of mechanics. You are mashing buttons to get whatever you need. You're doing PvE to get to a goal.

By introducing PVE servers, you get rid of that goal. Players would reach burnout because they are doing these things for no end. There are no dungeons to grind gear for. There are no bosses to fight. You aren't getting good for the sake of end-game, you're just getting higher numbers to look at them. It'd be an entirely different situation if there was an actual point to PvE besides having it go to the main point of the game, which is PvP.

TL:DR, by introducing PvE servers you take away the point of PvE, get rid of the carrot on a stick, and it's not possible to replace it with anything. The company running NA/EU cannot add actual, tangible content. That's up to the Korean team. Sorry folks.

1452370915_hqdefault.jpg

you are an idiot if you think pve want to be the meat for pvp

you should also stop comparing pvp with pk

1 person likes this

Posted

Why don't you just kill PvE mobs and think that they are badly geared players? That should be enough PvP for wannabe PvP players. If i wanna play PvP i go play GW2 where i lose because i play badly, not because enemy have killed more PvE mobs.  :D

6 people like this

Posted

you are an idiot if you think pve want to be the meat for pvp

you should also stop comparing pvp with pk

You're an idiot who clearly didn't read what I said. PvE exists as a means to an end, generally. Whether it's a stepping stone to challenging boss fights or as a means to drive forward PvP, it's something to further a goal. You're an idiot if you think that PvE doesn't create a valuable ecosystem between gankers and non-gankers and think that gearing isn't done via grinding. PvE furthers you in PvP. Deal with it.

Bottom line: you want other ppl around to provide "content" (as in unwilling slaughter victims) for you. End of story.

That's perfectly understandable. From your point of view.

No matter what arguments you try to dream up, it always comes down to this. If given a choice a lot of PvE-ppl would leave your playing grounds leaving you hanging dry; This has happened in countless other games before which offer this particular choice in one way or the other and wouldn't be any different here.

At least be honest enough to admit why you want and need forced PvP on everyone for your preferred play style. Problem is... no one else plays for and gives a crap about your amusement. They play for themselves and only pay DAUM (even more) if they get a good experience out of it. And in the long run this is the only thing that matters to any company.

There will be PvE only options eventually. No way around it if money needs to keep coming in.

Another person who didn't read a single word of what I said. Imagine the actual implication of going to a PvE server where all you do is slaughter things. What are you gaining? Nothing. You want them to put in a server where you get bigger gear to...Do absolutely nothing with. You're wasting Daums time and you're just going to end up burned out in a month.

By the way, EvE is still open PvP and is doing very well. An active, loyal but small population. Plenty of PvP. Plenty of updates and an expansion coming soon. Servers were just upgraded.

1 person likes this

Posted

If we want to get specific in Black Desert Online, the main reason you'd grind is for XP, money, and stones to get better at PvP. PvE also fuels PvP by giving PvPers targets.

Maybe that's YOUR goal but as a PvE player I have other goals. You see BDO is just sandboxy enough to have wiggle room for that. As far as you wanting low hanging fruit to grief for lulz, sorry not going to play with you. I am staying under PvP level, one way or the other) because I am not here to amuse you.

14 people like this

Posted

I've given this a lot of thought, and after putting together a panel of experts in every pertinent field, I think we have designed a solution that should solve your problem Mr. OP:

Don't play on a PvE server.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll tell you what's illogical...more threads about this. At this point you are either an attention whore or chumming the waters.

3 people like this

Posted

So you open ... no we dont even try it just CLOSE IT CLOSEEEEE. 

and burn it down!!!

Posted

Why don't you just kill PvE mobs and think that they are badly geared players? That should be enough PvP for wannabe PvP players.

Now this made me lol :D

Posted

Why don't you just kill PvE mobs and think that they are badly geared players? That should be enough PvP for wannabe PvP players. If i wanna play PvP i go play GW2 where i lose because i play badly, not because enemy have killed more PvE mobs.  :D

Best post on this forum since a long time... thanks for the laugh :)

1 person likes this

Posted

A PvE server with an option for consensual PvP against other PvP players, would do fine for me. How else would one conquer nodes and castles? Once you are in a guild, you either fight over castles and nodes, or you live a peaceful existence. Nobody would be forced to PvP, and everybody would be happy.

I don't mind PvP, but rather when it's convenient, and not when I'm grinding, trading or fishing.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Introduce PvE servers and in no time we see whine threads about not enough end game content. 

Edited by Jin-
7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Or you guys could l2r and perhaps you would know by now that there will never ever be a pvp or pve server as stated by pearl abyss, it is simply not logical cuz it goes against the games's core.

Go make your own game if you are not happy with their decision, you are not a special snowflake. Game stays as it is.

Edited by Hada
3 people like this

Posted

1452370915_hqdefault.jpg

100% agree

There is no need for pve servers becuase this game has no pve end-game. PvP is the end game, everything you do in this game, even pve, is just so you get better at PvP

Posted

another idiotic PvPer who scared to death to lose ganking material. Like in PvE server wont be pvp: clan wars, node wars, arena, everything will be in PvE server, but there will be no sociopathic mongol heaven, because PK will be suspended. There will be same competitive gaming, need spot claim with gear, or declare war on clan (i hope there will be 3 wars to declare max to avaoid 30 wars at same time).

Sociopaths prepare for PvE servers, they will come, no matter how hard you try and you will need to start real pvp. REAL PVP :D

PS. game: 70% grind, 20% life stuff, 10% pvp (9% ganking)=pvp game. nice try mongols.

7 people like this

Posted

bla bla bla

Pvp and Pve both are natural and needed in any online game. Ks wars are awesome. What this game is lacking and make the game boring.

So add some *few* pve servers and bring the ks wars

Now STFU!

Posted

1452370915_hqdefault.jpg

d63e9e08366fdc.gif

4 people like this

Posted

Why do people care if there's a PvE server, completely separated from normal or PvP servers? As long as there's no cheap switching back to PvP when you're done gearing&farming and leveling, I think it's perfectly acceptable.

Way better than gamebreaking suggestions like a PvP toggle aka immortal mode on normal servers.

Besides, creating a PvE server is pretty common for Asian MMORPG's when launching Western versions, for multiple reasons. Most obvious one being our less civil and way more toxic playerbase. We cant handle open world PvP without turning into flaming morons or sociopaths. Than of course we have thousands of entitled PvE'ers used to WoW clones, they demand a PvE server or will gtfo. Why not give them their own version of BDO? If anything it will generate more money and bring more players to the game.

2 people like this

Posted

people that need pve server ought to adjust or find another fishing simulator. this game is not for them

2 people like this