• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvE servers are completely illogical and go against the point of BDO.

413 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I keep seeing this weird demand for PvE servers. Now, I don't necessarily have an issue with PvE. I carrier rat in EvE Online and do level 5's. I've beaten Dark Souls 3 about four times now because I enjoy the PvE, even if the bosses are incredibly easy. And in BDO, I of course enjoy grinding mobs.

But you have to look at the  MY context of the PvE and why one  I would enjoy these things. For all the games I listed, the PvE is there as a carrot on a stick IN MY OPINION. You're I'M doing the PvE as a means to an end, the actual PvE isn't necessarily built to be IS NO fun TO ME. TO ME It's either made to fund your  MY fun, or you are supposed to do I DO boring, un-fun PvE to get to the good PvE. In Dark Souls, you'd have  I HAD to go through boring bosses to get to the fun bosses. In EvE Online, you need I HAD to do some kind of activity to fund your  MY PvP. 

If we want to get specific IN MY OPINION in Black Desert Online, the main reason you'd I'D grind is for XP, money, and stones to get better at PvP. PvE also fuels PvP by giving PvPers ME targets. This forms a valuable ecosystem between predator and prey  IN MY OPINION and makes the game more exciting for both if done right  TO ME(As in it favors neither sides I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK AND I CANNOT COMPREHEND MINDS BESIDE MY OWN). That's off-topic, however. Black Desert Online's PvE components mainly lack any kind of mechanics IN MY OPINION. You are I AM mashing buttons to get whatever you I need. You're I AM doing PvE to get to a goal.

By introducing PVE servers, you get rid of that  MY PERSONAL goal. Players I would reach burnout because they are doing these things for no end. There are no dungeons to grind gear for. There are no bosses to fight. You aren't I WOULD NOT BE getting good for the sake of end-game, you're I'D just  BE getting higher numbers to look at them. It'd be an entirely different situation if there was an actual point FOR ME to PvE besides having it go to the main MY FAVORED point of the game, which is PvP.

TL:DR, by introducing PvE servers you take away the point of PvE MY PERSONAL FETISH ALLTHOUGH I WON'T PLAY ON THAT SERVER, get rid of the MY carrot on a stick, and it's not possible to replace it with anything. The company running NA/EU cannot add actual, tangible content.(TOO MUCH EGOCENTRIC OPINION) That's up to the Korean team. Sorry folks.(<- I AM LAW)

Eju7F8K.jpg

Edited by Entenfachfrau
5 people like this

Posted

Or you guys could l2r and perhaps you would know by now that there will never ever be a pvp or pve server as stated by pearl abyss, it is simply not logical cuz it goes against the games's core.

Go make your own game if you are not happy with their decision, you are not a special snowflake. Game stays as it is.

At the end of the day, they need people to survive. The game hemorrhaged players because of the fact that PVP can be done against people unwillingly. This is why it continues to lose people left and right. Now at 37% of what they were at NA launch. This value now drops 1.5% of that 37% value every week.

86% of all MMORPG players prefer PVE, this is a demographic you want to cater to if you plan to run a prominent business. This is why as the commentor further up stated that eventually it will have the option to either flag or not flag for PVP.

It's a game type that's popular for children and I had a lot of fun as a teenager, but now it's largely for lifeless kids, pathetic as they revel in their own vitriolic behavior. Not something I should or other's should have to put up with. But in the end, the game is losing people at a steady rate with regard to quarterly fiscal reports. Either the game dies like the dozens of others or they allow a player model for 86% of the people who would enjoy it.

Posted

At the end of the day, they need people to survive. The game hemorrhaged players because of the fact that PVP can be done against people unwillingly. This is why it continues to lose people left and right. Now at 37% of what they were at NA launch. This value now drops 1.5% of that 37% value every week.

86% of all MMORPG players prefer PVE, this is a demographic you want to cater to if you plan to run a prominent business. This is why as the commentor further up stated that eventually it will have the option to either flag or not flag for PVP.

It's a game type that's popular for children and I had a lot of fun as a teenager, but now it's largely for lifeless kids, pathetic as they revel in their own vitriolic behavior. Not something I should or other's should have to put up with. But in the end, the game is losing people at a steady rate with regard to quarterly fiscal reports. Either the game dies like the dozens of others or they allow a player model for 86% of the people who would enjoy it.

I have no idea how many people may be leaving because of that. I know I have friends that wanted to play until they heard about the PvP stuff you can't avoid. I am even going back and forth on how long I am going to stay at this point even though I have had so much fun playing up till now having to suicide every other day on one character or another is making it not so fun anymore. I am kind of waiting to see what the resolution of the moving PvP level or moving the quest is. If they just take the text out saying it gates PvP and leave the level 45 I may not be here much longer. Some PK people may be happy to see PvErs leave but it's really not healthy for the game in the long run. I'd be happy just to have a quest not to do so I can keep playing like KR. Oh well. Very disheartened at this point. 

Posted (edited)

I keep seeing this weird demand for PvE servers. Now, I don't necessarily have an issue with PvE. I carrier rat in EvE Online and do level 5's. I've beaten Dark Souls 3 about four times now because I enjoy the PvE, even if the bosses are incredibly easy. And in BDO, I of course enjoy grinding mobs.

But you have to look at the context of the PvE and why one would enjoy these things. For all the games listed, the PvE is there as a carrot on a stick. You're doing the PvE as a means to an end, the actual PvE isn't necessarily built to be fun. It's either made to fund your fun, or you are supposed to do boring, un-fun PvE to get to the good PvE. In Dark Souls, you'd have to go through boring bosses to get to the fun bosses. In EvE Online, you need to do some kind of activity to fund your PvP. 

If we want to get specific in Black Desert Online, the main reason you'd grind is for XP, money, and stones to get better at PvP. PvE also fuels PvP by giving PvPers targets. This forms a valuable ecosystem between predator and prey and makes the game more exciting for both if done right (As in it favors neither sides). That's off-topic, however. Black Desert Online's PvE components mainly lack any kind of mechanics. You are mashing buttons to get whatever you need. You're doing PvE to get to a goal.

By introducing PVE servers, you get rid of that goal. Players would reach burnout because they are doing these things for no end. There are no dungeons to grind gear for. There are no bosses to fight. You aren't getting good for the sake of end-game, you're just getting higher numbers to look at them. It'd be an entirely different situation if there was an actual point to PvE besides having it go to the main point of the game, which is PvP.

TL:DR, by introducing PvE servers you take away the point of PvE, get rid of the carrot on a stick, and it's not possible to replace it with anything. The company running NA/EU cannot add actual, tangible content. That's up to the Korean team. Sorry folks.

1452370915_hqdefault.jpg

What do you care if another player plays on a different server than yours with different rules?

Your game, your server, will not change, but just some not-so-happy-customers would then be finally-happy-customers, away... invisible to you.

So i hear your point, and you can continue play as you want, but

don't ever dare imposing me how should i play or what i should like, because it ain't you paying for my game yet.

TL;DR
yN4z2VY.png (960×654)

Enjoy your game and don't ever talk again like if you felt entitled "on the behalf of the entire community", it is just you, and since you are already satisfied with what you have on the server you are playing, you would had just spent your time in the game instead of posting here on the forums preemptive rants, are you scared of something concerning your own server?

Edited by Nessuno

Posted

There is no pver without the demand of items from a pvper. These bbs should get that through their heads because they arent thinking things through. This aint wow or some other themepark. This is a sandboxparkthing. Pure pve cant exist unless you want to play 3d farmville...

That's actually what some of them would like.

I have no idea how many people may be leaving because of that. I know I have friends that wanted to play until they heard about the PvP stuff you can't avoid. I am even going back and forth on how long I am going to stay at this point even though I have had so much fun playing up till now having to suicide every other day on one character or another is making it not so fun anymore. I am kind of waiting to see what the resolution of the moving PvP level or moving the quest is. If they just take the text out saying it gates PvP and leave the level 45 I may not be here much longer. Some PK people may be happy to see PvErs leave but it's really not healthy for the game in the long run. I'd be happy just to have a quest not to do so I can keep playing like KR. Oh well. Very disheartened at this point. 

Then stop suiciding and try the game how it is intended for us right now.

Posted

You cant give us PVE server bcs all these gankers would have nothing left to kill.

Nope, they would only have real good PvP player left but they cant kill them :)

So a PvE server would be a desaster for all theses guys who like it to gank you without reason, just for fun.

Thats a bit diffrent in Korea. They have another mentality, they do great PvP but less ganking for no reason.

Here in EU/NA some guys kill everything, everywhere and multiple times again and again and again.

If you would give us PvE server the PvP-part of this game would die.

I wish we could have the same rules like in Korea.

In Korea Open-PvP start with level 50 and if you dont finish the main-questline you never be 50.

So i would only stay 50+ with one char and at 49,99 for all my toons.

3 people like this

Posted

100% agree

There is no need for pve servers becuase this game has no pve end-game. PvP is the end game, everything you do in this game, even pve, is just so you get better at PvP

Hmmm so why are Pearl working on PVE endgame dungeons and bosses ?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thats a bit diffrent in Korea. They have another mentality, they do great PvP but less ganking for no reason.

On Korea there is also a 200K karma penalty for PK IIRC. It's not mentality, it's just that there is more severe punishment over there.

And i'm sorry but the guys that kill for no reason aren't a common occurrence, stop trusting that there are thousand of PVErs sacrificed to the brainless PKers everyday.

But hey, if you want a PvE server, fine by me. But I share the same view as the OP. The game isn't designed to be full PvE (nor full PvP) and would become boring/pointless quite fast without both elements.

Hmmm so why are Pearl working on PVE endgame dungeons and bosses ?

They probably aren't ? They are thinking about it and the only dungeon coming in a near future is open world. Which means players will have to share/fight over that content.

Like, you know, how the rest of the game is done right now.

Edited by WeaselPaw
1 person likes this

Posted

Equalize negative and positive karma to -300,000 and +300,000.

Make 1-2 PK counts turn you red.

Make all deaths while red enforce a chance at losing a random enchantment on your gear.

Remove negative karma circumstantial to value of lost enchantment on gear.

There. I fixed BDO pvp.

Posted (edited)

On Korea there is also a 200K karma penalty for PK IIRC. It's not mentality, it's just that there is more severe punishment over there.

And i'm sorry but the guys that kill for no reason aren't a common occurrence, stop trusting that there are thousand of PVErs sacrificed to the brainless PKers everyday.

But hey, if you want a PvE server, fine by me. But I share the same view as the OP. The game isn't designed to be full PvE (nor full PvP) and would become boring/pointless quite fast without both elements.

They probably aren't ? They are thinking about it and the only dungeon coming in a near future is open world. Which means players will have to share/fight over that content.

Like, you know, how the rest of the game is done right now.

I'm only going by what I read here.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/944/feature/10774/A-Chat-with-Pearl-Abyss-and-Daum-Games.html

I wasn't talking about instanced dungeons I personally have no interest in them. I was thinking more along the lines of what they did in Vanguard with deep delves.

Edited by Nale

Posted

Don't give a toss what a lowlife ganker wants.

Forced ganking has been tried sooooooo many times and it always attracts the same low-IQ toxics and the game dies. I have no reason to think this will be any different, so I can afford to wait for the inevitable changes....

Posted (edited)

While i would like to "only pve" in this game until PA really do something regarding pvp balance in general, i'am also totaly against pve server.

Better have a "pvp off" than "pve server"

Also, serious, after a little 2month who's gonna be ok to start all over again on a pve server oO, with all thoses " afk time eating" life skill, except new players, i seriously see no one do that.

Plus it will more likely never happen tho.

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

TL:DR, by introducing PvE servers you take away the point of PvE, get rid of the carrot on a stick, and it's not possible to replace it with anything. The company running NA/EU cannot add actual, tangible content. That's up to the Korean team. Sorry folks.

Unfortunately your wrong on every single point. PVE servers dont mean no pvp they mean no ganking , no griefing. and PvP isnt the point for i would guess the majority of players if it were wouldnt everyone be red by now , seems like pvp actually rarely happns and just by a small minority. there are lots of other "goals" peopel aim for out gearing your opponents is your only goal to pve thats fine, some just enjoy the journey of improving characters, some just want to make piles of cash, some just enjoy playing in the sandbox. theres as many reasons as there are people and pvp is a tiny tiny fraction of it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Then stop suiciding and try the game how it is intended for us right now.

I don't like forced PvP. I really don't care for PvP in general. I don't like to be interrupted by some ass  who thinks it's funny to ruin other player's day when I am busy doing other things. It's not fun for me. It doesn't even matter if it doesn't happen often, there are enough posts here by people who shoot players off horses and drown them, or PK fishers for lulz. I want no part of that. I am enjoying the logistics and crafting so much but it's not worth dealing with annoying griefers. If I have to waste time I'd rather do it suiciding on my schedule than being a chew toy for some sociopathic griefer, at least for as long as the game is fun enough to warrant it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ahahaha.

Maybe at launch. But can't transfer to/from? RIP everyone who has bought cash shop stuff/has conquer package/has tons of silver/is ahead in leaderboards/has high level horses/is master in life skill areas/has livertos or kzarkas....you get my point. And seeing as how they don't offer server transfers as is (nor did they even do it for the serendia channel incident) I highly doubt they will do transfers anyways.

Not alot of people will want to start over from scratch at this point. Which makes the reason to make a pve server even more dismissable.

And that is exact reason why BDO is on hold for me. Endgame currently is forced pvp, so no point of getting above 45, and i will lose all progress anyway if they open PVE servers. So bye bye BDO until you open PVE. For now i am playing witcher again. Money talks, they will create PVE servers if they see loss of income.

Posted

But you have to look at the context of the PvE and why one would enjoy these things. For all the games listed, the PvE is there as a carrot on a stick. You're doing the PvE as a means to an end, the actual PvE isn't necessarily built to be fun. It's either made to fund your fun, or you are supposed to do boring, un-fun PvE to get to the good PvE. In Dark Souls, you'd have to go through boring bosses to get to the fun bosses. In EvE Online, you need to do some kind of activity to fund your PvP. 

If we want to get specific in Black Desert Online, the main reason you'd grind is for XP, money, and stones to get better at PvP. PvE also fuels PvP by giving PvPers targets. This forms a valuable ecosystem between predator and prey and makes the game more exciting for both if done right (As in it favors neither sides). That's off-topic, however. Black Desert Online's PvE components mainly lack any kind of mechanics. You are mashing buttons to get whatever you need. You're doing PvE to get to a goal.

By introducing PVE servers, you get rid of that goal. Players would reach burnout because they are doing these things for no end. There are no dungeons to grind gear for. There are no bosses to fight. You aren't getting good for the sake of end-game, you're just getting higher numbers to look at them. It'd be an entirely different situation if there was an actual point to PvE besides having it go to the main point of the game, which is PvP.

1452370915_hqdefault.jpg

if they will add a pve server, i will instant quit this game, and not even think about it......

And that is exact reason why BDO is on hold for me. Endgame currently is forced pvp, so no point of getting above 45, and i will lose all progress anyway if they open PVE servers. So bye bye BDO until you open PVE. For now i am playing witcher again. Money talks, they will create PVE servers if they see loss of income.

wtf is wrong with you, if you get attacked just run, change channels, and keep grinding untill your gear is good enough to fight back!!! freaking pus***** for gods sake!!!!

I don't like forced PvP. I really don't care for PvP in general. I don't like to be interrupted by some ass  who thinks it's funny to ruin other player's day when I am busy doing other things. It's not fun for me. It doesn't even matter if it doesn't happen often, there are enough posts here by people who shoot players off horses and drown them, or PK fishers for lulz. I want no part of that. I am enjoying the logistics and crafting so much but it's not worth dealing with annoying griefers. If I have to waste time I'd rather do it suiciding on my schedule than being a chew toy for some sociopathic griefer, at least for as long as the game is fun enough to warrant it. 

sociopathic griefer?! its a game kid not real life, grow up....

Posted

OP - you have given us your opinion.  Thank you.

As a non-PvP player in countless MMOs, I can tell you that you are wrong.  I enjoyed playing BDO until level 45.  I had no desire to grind for the best gear I can get for the PvP part of the game that I knew was looming up at me the closer I got to 45.  When I hit that level, I afk fished in Altinova for a level or two, then quickly did some grinding to 50 and that character now afk fishes where it is safe to do so and I'm now enjoying levelling my Musa.

I've not had any ultimate goal in mind whilst playing, other than the enjoyment of actually playing.  The game is too huge to be just a build up to PvP.  I can cook, fish, make potions, decorate my home, kill mobs, explore, ride horses and breed them, trade between towns and cities - this much work hasn't been put in place to just allow people to grind towards the level where PvP becomes forced upon us.

Some of us, believe it or not, prefer not to have to fight against other players.  Some of us enjoy the game for the diversity it gives us other other MMOs.  You have you opinion about what the game is to you - insulting other players because they don't agree with you comes across as petulant and makes you appear childish.  Their opinions are as valid as your own.  Try to see the bigger picture though - not everyone has the same tastes as yourself when it comes to gaming. 

The 'point' of BDO is to provide the company that markets it with a stable income over the years to come.  If that means they have to look at providing PvE servers to cater for a large part of their customers, then they'll probably do so to keep the money coming in.

I'd be at the front of the queue to pay for server transfer for all my characters if this happened.

4 people like this

Posted

If they want to play against like-minded players who offer them a challenge they wouldnt mind pve'ers leaving for another server. As a bonus they wont be "stealing" your mobs anymore either.

But we all know that's not why these people hate the idea of pve servers. They hate the idea of pve servers because they want to gank and grief, they want the furtest thing from a challenging pvp experience. Its why theyll never agree to balanced stats either, they demand their crutch.

It's why their arguments are only one way streets. "This is how the game was intented" only applies in favor of pvp, not against it when it's pointed out how our penalties for PKing are grossly reduced compared to the original concept. Or why "Realism" is only used to justify ganking, but when pointed out how no nation under rule of law would allow people to mindlessly murder random passerby's without consequence that doesn't matter.

Hard for me to take anyone seriously who says it's a pvp game, or how pvp is the goal of BDO. PvP is just about the worst thing about BDO. As people don't want competition, they want to lord their better gear over other players and insist that because they spend doing repetitive, dumb, tasks for many hour or just got straight up lucky, should make them better by default.

No body tries to get good at BDO, they just try to enlarge their crutch because that's all that matters. That's about as uncompetitive as it gets.

Posted

HAHAHA! I saw your birthday, and you call me 'kid'. 

Yeah it's a game so it's supposed to be fun so being an ass and purposefully ruining other players time in game at best makes you a troll but it definitely points to having some issues. 

Posted

if they will add a pve server, i will instant quit this game, and not even think about it......

None will miss you, sociopathic kid. "Its a game" is not an excuse to be a jerk.

2 people like this

Posted

Why?

Play on your PvP Server and be happy. What do you care about other Servers??????????????

Because you will have no one left to gank?

Good, one PK scum less.

Posted

I carrier rat in EvE Online and do level 5's.

May I ask what system?

Posted

Because there will be no more AFK fishers to kill? If you truly loved PvP you should be happy, because the only players left in PvP servers will be truly skilled PvPers to test your skills on. The fact you would quit the game if PvE servers are added shows only one thing:

You are a terrible PvPer who can only get your fix of fun from killing PvE/AFK players. Against real PvPers you'll die like a noob, so you'll be sad if PvEers left the server.

3 people like this

Posted

If they want to play against like-minded players who offer them a challenge they wouldnt mind pve'ers leaving for another server. As a bonus they wont be "stealing" your mobs anymore either.

But we all know that's not why these people hate the idea of pve servers. They hate the idea of pve servers because they want to gank and grief, they want the furtest thing from a challenging pvp experience. Its why theyll never agree to balanced stats either, they demand their crutch.

It's why their arguments are only one way streets. "This is how the game was intented" only applies in favor of pvp, not against it when it's pointed out how our penalties for PKing are grossly reduced compared to the original concept. Or why "Realism" is only used to justify ganking, but when pointed out how no nation under rule of law would allow people to mindlessly murder random passerby's without consequence that doesn't matter.

Hard for me to take anyone seriously who says it's a pvp game, or how pvp is the goal of BDO. PvP is just about the worst thing about BDO. As people don't want competition, they want to lord their better gear over other players and insist that because they spend doing repetitive, dumb, tasks for many hour or just got straight up lucky, should make them better by default.

No body tries to get good at BDO, they just try to enlarge their crutch because that's all that matters. That's about as uncompetitive as it gets.

Again, confusing PvP whith PK and more specifically ganking lowbies.

I'm not against it but I would be annoyed if a PvE server was introduced, not because it would mean less targets (since I mostly PvP against war targets or randos that try me, and both kind would probably not leave for a PvE server) but because more PvE specifics features would be bound to be requested.

At which point does the developer have to stop catering to one part of it's population ?

If he can add pve servers, he can surely add player to player trade and instanced content. Oh and we would like to sell CS items on the market too, since we don't do open world pvp, it doesn't matter right ? Oh, since we have instances now, maybe we could have pvp instances too because while on a pve server, we like to play against other player when there is no risk tied to it. And while we are at it, we are tired going by horse to all those instances, can we have teleports ?

And then later the same people would wonder why the game is shit when they had so much fun playing it in the early days.

And it is really funny when "carebears" (sorry for the term but it is the most explicit one) depicts the other side as not wanting competition when it is exactly what they are asking for : the competition over anything to be removed.

Posted

Oh yea, PvE servers are totally illogical in MMO.

Best troll ever.