• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I got a copy of black desert conqueror's edition but..

59 posts in this topic

Posted

I just got a copy of Black Desert Conqueror's Edition but im from south east asia. my ip is blocked. is there any way i can play the game? i've won from a giveaway. its my first time winning in a giveaway though and im stoked! sorry if this post is wasting your time and thanks in advance if you're reading this. good day to you man! :D and sorry my english is not that good.

Posted (edited)

but he didnt buy it so he probably cant do that, the only way i think playing in EU/NA would work is to use VPN like eu players currently play at RU servers

Edited by Laiziras
1 person likes this

Posted

but i got it from giveaway though and i really want to play the game T-T

Posted

but i got it from giveaway though and i really want to play the game T-T

Contact the source where you got your prize. That would be the smartest option since they were and are the original customer.  

Posted

use a vpn

Posted

use a vpn

This would work. However, SE Asia would have the same issues as people have in NA playing Korean version, with high pings making it not super responsive in combat situations.

Posted

i just hope they remove the ip block... cry everytime

1 person likes this

Posted

This would work. However, SE Asia would have the same issues as people have in NA playing Korean version, with high pings making it not super responsive in combat situations.

well... those of us in Oceania will be playing on the NA servers, so I can't imagine the ping from SEA to the US or EU will be any worse  :/

Posted

What kind of giveaway gives away things to countries which can't use away the given give away? That just gives me away...o.O

9 people like this

Posted

you could always give it to a friend who could play though.

Posted

WTFast.

Posted

What kind of giveaway gives away things to countries which can't use away the given give away? That just gives me away...o.O

How exactly is he supposed to filter where people are from

Posted

How exactly is he supposed to filter where people are from

It depends.. I assume to attend to a giveaway, you either have to sign up upfront, or it's a giveaway live during a stream or event. If sign-up system, it should be very simple to filter through as any outside of the allowed countries shouldn't be able to sign up, and if they work around that to sign up, it's their own fault if they win. If it's during a stream / event, the host should inform about it. Example is with a Twitch stream, it should be mentioned in the description that it's for EU/NA and that some countries are excluded, including [... list of countries].

Posted

Just use a vpn

Posted

It depends.. I assume to attend to a giveaway, you either have to sign up upfront, or it's a giveaway live during a stream or event. If sign-up system, it should be very simple to filter through as any outside of the allowed countries shouldn't be able to sign up, and if they work around that to sign up, it's their own fault if they win. If it's during a stream / event, the host should inform about it. Example is with a Twitch stream, it should be mentioned in the description that it's for EU/NA and that some countries are excluded, including [... list of countries].

well when people tend to win something, sometimes they usually forgot about the "minor" details. especially when its my first time winning a giveaway after a million tries. im sorry if i didnt ask the streamer/giveawayer about the ip block. its entirely my fault! 

283666_10153334411081591_8968502170551762848_n.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

You still mention no way to actually filter it. And I don't see anything stopping anyone from lying about their country of living either there.

Posted

Of course I did. That is exactly how to best filter it without having to manually verify identification to check their point of origin. Beyond that, it's the contestant's responsibility to actually have use of the prize. In this case, it's using a VPN or hoping the company can gain licensing in that country or otherwise get past what ever is restricting them from providing service to Asia.

Posted

No, that's not filtering anything, that's asking people to stay away from it. And it still doesn't stop people from lying.

Posted

sell it

Posted

According to his username and his post count (new account), it is safe to assume it is a troll. 

Conquerors Pack from a Giveaway, seriously guys.

Posted

According to his username and his post count (new account), it is safe to assume it is a troll. 

what is wrong with that?

because he is a new account this seems more legit.

And considering there are a couple giveaways over christmas sthat actually gave away conquer packs (I even submited to 2 of them sadly I did not won) why should he be a troll?

Never expect people to trolla nd you will never be angry ^^ Just take it as it is and help him I remember the rabbit from Bambi saying "Mom mom always says. If you do not have something nice to say then better say nothing to begin with"  all hail bambi rabbit xD

4 people like this

Posted

as tiberius allready mentioned - in this case you are assuming wrong. I've seen those c-packs as a giveaway, too. Just didn't care, because I allready bought mine :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I believe OP. I haven't seen any pack giveaways yet myself - I check twitch pretty often and I've only seen KR account giveaways. However, I won my $150 founder pack in Archeage from a giveaway. The streamer gave out many of those packs, and quite a few other streamers gave out lower tier packs. I assume it'll happen when BD gets closer to launch as well.

2 people like this

Posted

AA's packs were more expensive. Never stopped them from being given away in the hundreds.

1 person likes this