• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

one Question about PK by one Japanese

one Question about PK by one Japanese   94 votes

1. 1. Do you like PK?

• Of Course!
    • to be handled case by case.
    • Doesn't like. but it's a not bad.
    • it's disgusting!
  2. 2. lost 60k karma per kill in the NA CBT1. how do you feel that?

• I need decrease the karma lost per kill.
    • Just right.
    • I need Increase the karma lost per kill.
  3. 3. many japanese ppl doesn't like PK than other country ppl. how do you feel that?

• I can understand that japanese feeling.
    • I can't understand that japanese feeling.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I want know your feeling about PK.

Edited by Feartime

Posted

Japanese are smart people .   

Posted

I'm indifferent, though it kinda adds some thrill to the gameplay ;p

Posted

I don't really PK myself, but I feel like it is a part of the game that should exist, I don't like griefers though.
What do Japanese people dislike about PK, can you explain?

Greetings from Germany, I spent 2 weeks in Japan this fall and it was great!

Posted (edited)

Usually if carebears trying to steal monsters from spot where I've been first, it's like sitting at a table in the bar.

I'm not hiding behind the tree to kill everyone around me, PK'ing doesn't work like this for me, it's just my way when continuing conversation has no sense anymore, first I'm asking people if they can leave and respect that I was first, if he does I'm doing the same later if the same person was first. If not, red color adorned my character.

Edited by Enzo

Posted (edited)

Japanese people are a lot more polite and respectful than us.     no wonder they hate pking,

we barely have any values left .  

Edited by Aylindel

Posted

Japanese people are a lot more polite and respectful than us.     no wonder they hate pking,

we barely have any values left .  

oh please.

12 people like this

Posted

PK isnt entirely a bad thing.

It adds stress to the game, the fear of being killed by someone else.

It's not 'realistic' but kind of, like, anyone at anytime can kill you !

Ofc karma is needed so people only doing this can be recognized

but yes sometimes it's not good, borderline funkilling 

Posted

While I do understand the Japanese feeling and respect it, I don't think PK should be erased completely.

There is a measure for everything, and while we put the worst titles to PKers, I am pretty sure that there are players against PKers that are not any better than them.

Only time will tell how this push and pull ends up. 

Posted

oh please.

Despite modernization and Western influence, the Japanese way of life is still worlds apart from American Western culture in several ways. I'll do my best to list a few of these differences here:

Individualism vs. collectivism
One of the striking features of American culture is the focus on independence and individualism. Family ties, while still present and maintained, are not as strong as in Japan. An average American kid is independent when he turns 18, but the same is not true in Japan: there is a lot more interdependence in the family unit. Elder relatives and family members tend to live in the same house or close by; family ties are maintained in a tight-knit manner. There is a social understanding that the kids will care for the elders as the elders cared for the kids, instead of relying on pensions or individual savings upon retirement.
Respect and authority
One of the core tenets of American culture is freedom of speech and the basic right to question authority. Japanese culture, in comparison, is a lot more hierarchical. Elders command respect and their wisdom in the family or community is highly valued. Direct eye contact when speaking to someone who is elder or who has greater authority is frowned upon. When greeting one another, Japanese people will often bow while saying "konichiwa" (hello). The bow is a sign of respect and is common between strangers.

The role of nationalism
Japanese people are very nationalistic, but they tend not to be as political as Americans. The average American is very sensitive to hot button issues and attuned to partisan politics. The Japanese do however, maintain a lot of pride in their peaceful, post-imperialist culture. A majority of citizens currently oppose Shinzo Abe's push to revitalize Japan's military, which has largely been limited to a defensive capacity since its defeat in World War II.

Discipline and punctuality
The Japanese work ethic is absolutely remarkable. The vast majority of citizens are hard-working, driven, and highly punctual. In my ten years in Japan, I rarely saw a train arriving later than it was scheduled. When the triple disaster rocked Japan, you did not see looting and chaos in the streets- people lined up patiently to receive their food supplies and helped each other wherever possible.

There are other lifestyle differences as well, including the interconnectedness and efficiency of public transportation in Japanese cities, the common use of public baths, the comparatively smaller dwellings and cozy living spaces, the lack of tipping and yet impeccable customer service, among many others. I feel incredibly blessed for having had the privilege of experiencing both cultures.

Posted

Despite modernization and Western influence, the Japanese way of life is still worlds apart from American Western culture in several ways. I'll do my best to list a few of these differences here:

Individualism vs. collectivism
One of the striking features of American culture is the focus on independence and individualism. Family ties, while still present and maintained, are not as strong as in Japan. An average American kid is independent when he turns 18, but the same is not true in Japan: there is a lot more interdependence in the family unit. Elder relatives and family members tend to live in the same house or close by; family ties are maintained in a tight-knit manner. There is a social understanding that the kids will care for the elders as the elders cared for the kids, instead of relying on pensions or individual savings upon retirement.
Respect and authority
One of the core tenets of American culture is freedom of speech and the basic right to question authority. Japanese culture, in comparison, is a lot more hierarchical. Elders command respect and their wisdom in the family or community is highly valued. Direct eye contact when speaking to someone who is elder or who has greater authority is frowned upon. When greeting one another, Japanese people will often bow while saying "konichiwa" (hello). The bow is a sign of respect and is common between strangers.

The role of nationalism
Japanese people are very nationalistic, but they tend not to be as political as Americans. The average American is very sensitive to hot button issues and attuned to partisan politics. The Japanese do however, maintain a lot of pride in their peaceful, post-imperialist culture. A majority of citizens currently oppose Shinzo Abe's push to revitalize Japan's military, which has largely been limited to a defensive capacity since its defeat in World War II.

Discipline and punctuality
The Japanese work ethic is absolutely remarkable. The vast majority of citizens are hard-working, driven, and highly punctual. In my ten years in Japan, I rarely saw a train arriving later than it was scheduled. When the triple disaster rocked Japan, you did not see looting and chaos in the streets- people lined up patiently to receive their food supplies and helped each other wherever possible.

There are other lifestyle differences as well, including the interconnectedness and efficiency of public transportation in Japanese cities, the common use of public baths, the comparatively smaller dwellings and cozy living spaces, the lack of tipping and yet impeccable customer service, among many others. I feel incredibly blessed for having had the privilege of experiencing both cultures.

Japan FTW.

That's why I'm going to live there.

Only the discipline and punctuality/respect and authority is a thing that I want in the country I live

And for my eventually future childrens

1 person likes this

Posted

Was this thread meant so that @LoneWolf and @Kraved could make a list?
Cause this shit is pure weaboo bait.

3 people like this

Posted

I feel incredibly blessed for having had the privilege of experiencing both cultures.

Look, I have been to Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Turkey and I live in Sweden.

First off i am very sorry you compare Americans and Japanese and then brand the rest of us as inferior towards Japan as if America is the whole west.

Furthermore all people have their pros and cons. I have been to all these great places and people are very different mostly in good ways. It's easy for one to disapprove of their own country when they experience another great country.

So I kindly ask you to not judge the rest of us. I'm sure you haven't been to most of Europe.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Look, I have been to Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Turkey and I live in Sweden.

First off i am very sorry you compare Americans and Japanese and then brand the rest of us as inferior towards Japan as if America is the whole west.

Furthermore all people have their pros and cons. I have been to all these great places and people are very different mostly in good ways. It's easy for one to disapprove of their own country when they experience another great country.

So I kindly ask you to not judge the rest of us. I'm sure you haven't been to most of Europe.

when did I brand the rest as inferior toward japan? only stated the differences that could explain why they are less prone to things like pking in games.  if you haven't been to japan I suggest you to do so, because It is nothing like Europe or turkey.  a total different culture.

you either took your blue pill this morning or just woke up with a bad hairdo . I think could be both in your case.  so take a valum or go for a walk outside so you can relax a bit.  a little too jumpy this morning aren't we?

I M from Spain myself btw,  have visited all those countries you listed.   and your defensive attitude only proves my point.    

and yes I do agree that people are different mostly in good ways.   however culture and traditions can greatly impact people behaviors, and not always for the better. but that is highly subjective .

perhaps I should have used Swedish to compare them with the Japanese so that may have made you less angry.9_9  I used americans as an example , mostly because they have the closest historical bonds with Japan for obvious reasons. 

Edited by Aylindel

Posted

Well that escalated quickly.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well that escalated quickly.

lol no kidding.   that was the best example of Japanese and western culture :D  

Posted

One does not simply PK

Posted (edited)

It's not 'realistic' but kind of, like, anyone at anytime can kill you !

People are complaining about realistic things playing mage who's throwing flames burning horde of monsters in fantasy world.

giphy.gif

Edited by Enzo

Posted

Posted (edited)

lol no kidding.   that was the best example of Japanese and western culture :D  

Not really. You are seeing the Japanese culture through pink glasses.

Ever went to any of their message boards and experience any of their toxic discriminating talk towards Koreans? 

Even wonder why the nr.1 cause of dead in Japan is suicide?

While it's culture has its beauty, it's not without it's uglyness.

I think I'm now understanding this weaaboo thing.

Edited by Vaelore
6 people like this

Posted

Ever went to any of their message boards and experience any of their toxic discriminating talk towards Koreans? 

I'm out of likes, +1. Also Ailyndel do not clump Europe together with the US when you talk about "western" culture, thank you...

1 person likes this

Posted

The problem is not how much karma you lose, the problem is why? If there is no reason, that is ganking, so the whole system does not work. In RU the karma is fixed, you can PK 4-5 players before the karma goes negative. But the number of the fights stays the same. Because there are no reasons. So just the few gankers attack the players without a war. Farming spots - channels prevent the competition, loot of cargo - most of the cargo is safe, and there is no player to player trade, raids - bosses spawn in safe zones, and etc. There are no reasons to fight. So the server soon will stay empty except when there are node wars and sieges.

Posted

@LoneWolf @Yablo 

Can you smell the blood in the air?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

While it's culture has its beauty, it's not without it's uglyness.

what are you talking about?   Scandinavian countries also have a very high suicide rate, so your point is?

im just replying to the author of the thread .  referring to why they seem to enjoy pk less than us.   culture has something to do with that.

as for using Americans as a reference instead of Europe, i stated that is due to their close historical bonds.

every culture has pros and cons, that is part of human nature.  Japanese are not the paragons of Virtue but they value things that we are sadly slowly start to loose.  are they better than us?  ofcourse not, are they worse? ofcourse not.  they are just different.

Edited by Aylindel

Posted

why didn't you check the two million topics / polls that allready exist...?

time to take a break from this forum. Reading the same things over and over again sickens me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0