• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do you think the cash shop is expensive?

Cash shop: A success or failure?    1,026 votes

1. 1. Should the prices of the Cash Shop change?

• Yes, by 20%
    • Yes, by 30%
    • Yes, by 40%
    • Yes, by 50%
    • Yes, by 60%
    • Cash shop prices are great

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

465 posts in this topic

Posted

This has been asked, debated, refuted and so forth for over a month now. I think this will allow DAUM to see collectively what the community thinks about it.

Posted

I think the shop is totally overpriced, paying that much for just a skin is just ridiculous

18 people like this

Posted

A outfit is the same I paid for this game pretty much.

But I still buy outfits. So..

Posted

Most games I've played sell skins for 10-15 euro (excluding MOBAs, just MMORPGs) so I voted 50% overpriced.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, I think they are. Thankfully the game has enough to hold my interest without using the Cash Store - their loss *shrug*

Posted (edited)

I know plenty of people will come in here with an attitude of "LOL get a job noob" or "it's called a job, I make 100k a year, git gud at lyfe..."
But we don't all make 100k a year.
A lot of gamers are young, or in school. Not saying everyone fits into the same category, but looking at it from my own perspective, yes. Way overpriced.
What are most costumes, about 29 dollars? Cut it in half. Look at it as time. Let's say you make ten dollars an hour. That's three hours of your life. Is a digital costume worth three hours of your life?
Let's say you make 20 dollars an hour. That's an hour and a half of your life. Spent on pixels.
I could buy a week of food IRL for that much. Cheap food without a whole lot of nutritional value, but it would be possible. Or a tank of gas. 
And that's just costumes. I'm not looking at the shop right this minute so off the top of my head, I'm not sure how much all the other stuff costs. Too much, I'm sore. LOL
(I also said cut it by 50%)

Edited by Star Carver
14 people like this

Posted

To be honest, i really don't care about the cost of the cash shop. If you want to look fancy then pay, if not just enjoy the game. If you "need" to own ever skin then that is your problem. 

4 people like this

Posted

It's way too damned expensive.

1 person likes this

Posted

Absolutely gd overpriced. I really wish Lost Ark was coming west anytime soon. 

Posted

It's more expensive than I'm used to but not too expensive.

2 people like this

Posted

Massively overpriced, but so long as people continue to (begrudgingly) spend the money, they'll continue to take advantage.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

To be honest, cash shop prices aren't entirely too bad if you stick to one character only. The problem comes in when you consider alt characters. If costumes could be shared between all the classes that use them, like say the Karlstein, then the price could be more justifiable especially since the moment you buy a separate costume for an alt you would not only be paying for the costume, but the dyes as well. Of course choosing to spend money on dyes and costumes is what it is, your choice. Having costumes and dyes doesn't give you an advantage over anyone, but it sure makes you feel pretty. :P

Seriously though, if costumes were even $15 I would have gotten one for my horse, Valkyrie, Tamer, Sorceress, and Maehwa already. Instead, only my Ranger gets to look nice... for now. I really do want to buy pearl shop items to help ensure that this game continues to succeed in NA/EU.

Edited by Avrielle
5 people like this

Posted

I voted 50% I don't think I've even seen costumes that are 15$ in an MMO personally. 

Heck if the costume sets were 15$ I would buy one for each of my characters, which is 7 including kunoichi. 8 including dark elf. and 1 or 2 horse costumes. 

Posted (edited)

It's not only expensive but it's a total scam. Try buying the earrings and eyewear that increase your knowledge chance and grade. Then after farming for 2 hours to just get 1 piece of knowledge on a mob and have it be C rank wonder if the 10 bucks did anything. The vague tooltips could be 100% correct. Sure you could increase my chance at gaining knowledge, 0.5% is an increase in chance, right? Some of these items you don't even really know if they're adding value to your character or by how much or in what aspects of the game, like luck. The ambiguity of nearly every stat and stat increase in this game allows them to make changes and sell things with the consumer never knowing the true affects.

Edited by Flood
3 people like this

Posted

I think the shop is totally overpriced, paying that much for just a skin is just ridiculous

It's not only expensive but it's a total scam. Try buying the earrings and eyewear that increase you knowledge chance and grade. Then after farming for 2 hours to just get 1 piece of knowledge on a mob and have it be C rank that the 10 bucks did anything. The vague tooltips could be 100% correct. Sure you could increase my chance at gaining knowledge... .5% is an increase in chance, right? Some of these items you don't even really know if they're adding value to your character or by how much or in what aspects of the game, like luck. The ambiguity of nearly every stat and stat increase in this game allows them to make changes and sell things with the consumer never knowing the true affects.

To both of these comments exactly! Well said.

I voted 50% I don't think I've even seen costumes that are 15$ in an MMO personally. 

Heck if the costume sets were 15$ I would buy one for each of my characters, which is 7 including kunoichi. 8 including dark elf. and 1 or 2 horse costumes. 

That too. I just find it amusing that DAUM thinks $29 is acceptable in any capacity.

Posted

50% voted! 10-15 Euros would definitely be the sweet spot.

Posted (edited)

The costumes are pricier, but also higher quality and more dyeable than most other games.  I'm fine with the prices, and I'm fine with reducing them as long as it doesn't mean paying for content updates or similar nonsense.

Edited by Anemone

Posted

So many poor people complaining, I love it. As long as people like myself keep buying, the prices won't change. I do love how the go to excuse is always "It's a scam!". Have any of you ever looked up the meaning of that word? A no single point do Daum lie to you about the price of the item or what benefits the item gives you. I'd much rather pay $30 for a costume than pay $20 for a chance at a costume like many other cash shops in games.

18 replies so far, guess that's going to be £1800 I load up tomorrow.

uKgnYV4.gif

5 people like this

Posted

Daum isn't gonna change anything about it. lol 

That dead horse's ghost has its own ghost. 

Posted (edited)

The poll almost looks like a big middle finger.

I gotta admit I have spent money, and will buy more stuff I'm sure, especially if they ever have sales. I kinda wish they didn't have stats hatched to items because I can't help but feel we paid for a game people in Korea get to play for free, but it is what it is I guess.

Edited by Tillerzz

Posted (edited)

So many poor people complaining, I love it. As long as people like myself keep buying, the prices won't change. I do love how the go to excuse is always "It's a scam!". Have any of you ever looked up the meaning of that word? A no single point do Daum lie to you about the price of the item or what benefits the item gives you. I'd much rather pay $30 for a costume than pay $20 for a chance at a costume like many other cash shops in games.

uKgnYV4.gif

I've seen many posts like this please answer this.

What are you trying to accomplish with your post?

Is it because of some insecurity that you feel the need to post in such a way?

Is it out a passionate fan care?

What is it? Since all I see is someone who needs to brag to fill in some kind of missing void.

I actually feel sorry for you. I made this post to finally generate some actual numbers for those upset with the current system. I hope that you one day feel accomplished enough to not have to do this.  I'd talk about being respectful to others, but I truly believe that if your making these kinds of posts your trying to feel accomplished. That's rather sad actually.

Edited by Cloud Strife
Missing information
18 people like this

Posted

This has been asked, debated, refuted and so forth for over a month now. I think this will allow DAUM to see collectively what the community thinks about it.

The community doesn't give two flying -----s.  A few people on the forum do....

d63e9e08366fdc.gif

2 people like this

Posted

£1900 now.

Don't forget to make a thread about it when you do.

I've seen many posts like this please answer this.

What are you trying to accomplish with your post?

Is it because of some insecurity that you feel the need to post in such a way?

Is it out a passionate fan care?

What is it? Since all I see is someone who needs to brag to fill in some kind of missing void.

I actually feel sorry for you. I made this post to finally generate some actual numbers for those upset with the current system. I hope that you one day feel accomplished enough to not have to do this.

Don't bother, she likes to make big claims and openly lie about things on a whim. It's fun to watch what she does next.

Posted

The community doesn't give two flying -----s.  A few people on the forum do....

d63e9e08366fdc.gif

Actually according to this poll, I'd say the majority see a problem. Ideally if we can poll 1000 or so people then hopefully DAUM will release that action needs to be taken.

1 person likes this

Posted

I know plenty of people will come in here with an attitude of "LOL get a job noob" or "it's called a job, I make 100k a year, git gud at lyfe..."
But we don't all make 100k a year.
A lot of gamers are young, or in school. Not saying everyone fits into the same category, but looking at it from my own perspective, yes. Way overpriced.
What are most costumes, about 29 dollars? Cut it in half. Look at it as time. Let's say you make ten dollars an hour. That's three hours of your life. Is a digital costume worth three hours of your life?
Let's say you make 20 dollars an hour. That's an hour and a half of your life. Spent on pixels.
I could buy a week of food IRL for that much. Cheap food without a whole lot of nutritional value, but it would be possible. Or a tank of gas. 
And that's just costumes. I'm not looking at the shop right this minute so off the top of my head, I'm not sure how much all the other stuff costs. Too much, I'm sore. LOL
(I also said cut it by 50%)

Not Daums problem people don't have jobs..or go to school.  They do not cater to the minority.

Is a pizza worth 2 or 3 hours of your life>?  A night out drinking?  Learn what subjectivity means ;)

Actually according to this poll, I'd say the majority see a problem. Ideally if we can poll 1000 or so people then hopefully DAUM will release that action needs to be taken.

Actually..according to this pole less than 150 people have posted out of 400k+ orders....

Nothing more needs to be said does it...few whiners...I wouldn't listen to them either if it was my business.  ;)