• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do you think the cash shop is expensive?

Cash shop: A success or failure?    1,026 votes

1. 1. Should the prices of the Cash Shop change?

• Yes, by 20%
    • Yes, by 30%
    • Yes, by 40%
    • Yes, by 50%
    • Yes, by 60%
    • Cash shop prices are great

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

465 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As a whole there profit would increase since a far larger player base could actually buy the items from the cash shop. I find it annoying that in CAN pets are $40. Sorry, that is never going to happen - how can you price it so ridiculously high?

I hear ya, I live in Canada as well, and there's no way I'm shelling out $40 for a costume, or a pet.  That is sheer robbery.

In fact, as I type this, I'm already feeling cheated and mad.  Cheated out of the $30 I spent to buy this game.  Divided by 2 months, that's $15 per month.  

If I have to run around looking like a rust bucket, then rust bucket it is, for now.

One of these days I wont be able to stand it and I'll uninstall the dam game.

Edited by Chocolat
1 person likes this

Posted

I hear ya, I live in Canada as well, and there's no way I'm shelling out $40 for a costume, or a pet.  That is sheer robbery.

In fact, as I type this, I'm already feeling cheated and mad.  Cheated out of the $30 I spent to buy this game.  Divided by 2 months, that's $15 per month.  

If I have to run around looking like a rust bucket, then rust bucket it is, for now.

Yeah, its asking is a pet almost worth more then buying No Man's Sky?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"They are overpricing the shop to make less people use it? I doubt it."

That is the same question they asked to Ralph Lauren and Prada :)

Edited by Cretorian Crixsus

Posted

I think 20 dollars per outfit or costume is more than reasonable.  

If an outfit skin costs 35$..I'll make one purchase for 35$ and the not purchase anything again or at least for a while.

If an outfit skin costs 20$, theres a good chance I'll spend 40 dollars on two outfits.  You get 5 more bucks out of me.  

Its that simple.

Posted

Exactly!  I could buy an entire game with that.  

Charging me for the game + having a cash shop just smacks of greed to me.

1 person likes this

Posted

Exactly!  I could buy an entire game with that.  

Charging me for the game + having a cash shop just smacks of greed to me.

What I don't get is...there are almost 600 votes on this so if look at the economics of this this in retrospect gives at least to some degree an idea of what the player base thinks and DAUM has not responded at all.

No acknowledgment. Nothing.

Posted

The conversion rate is actually even worse now. 30 USD = 47 CAD.

Posted

What I don't get is...there are almost 600 votes on this so if look at the economics of this this in retrospect gives at least to some degree an idea of what the player base thinks and DAUM has not responded at all.

No acknowledgment. Nothing.

16% means you lose. Reads pretty simply from here. A known quantity that continues to produce versus taking a gamble on an unknown variable, after taking a hit? I don't think you need a degree in economics to figure this out.

Posted (edited)

16% means you lose. Reads pretty simply from here. A known quantity that continues to produce versus taking a gamble on an unknown variable, after taking a hit? I don't think you need a degree in economics to figure this out.

What the heck are you talking about??  

OP is frustrated that Daum doesn't give a dam about the player base.  And frankly, so are a lot of us >:(>:(

Edited by Chocolat
4 people like this

Posted

Not to sound rude, but that means that 84% of the player base so an overwhelming majority think otherwise.

You are a minority in all respect.

This was not a bias poll and goes to show that the vast majority believe in that its way over priced and it needs to be changed.

What the heck are you talking about??  

OP is frustrated that Daum doesn't give a dam about the player base.  And frankly, so are a lot of us >:(>:(

I have no idea what is going on with DAUM. They are going out of their way to anger the player base to point where even almost 600 players have expressed their thoughts there is still no reply from the publisher.

Posted

Broke ass people

Bet you people go to Walmart and complain about a .12 price increase or willingly spend 20 dollars on fast food without even a thought.....

Posted (edited)

I have no idea what is going on with DAUM. They are going out of their way to anger the player base to point where even almost 600 players have expressed their thoughts there is still no reply from the publisher.

A reply would be a start.  The sad thing is even if (and i mean a big IF) they do respond, it'll probably sound something like this:

"Dear BDO players,

We recognize your concern regarding the Cash Shop, and greatly value your feedback.  Thank you for bringing this up and we will look into the matter."  

Of course, nothing will get done.  The feedback is "valued" and the issue is "looked into".  

Most of us aren't little kids, we know how things work :P

Edited by Chocolat
1 person likes this

Posted

Close this Thread, people arguing and achieve nothing...

Posted

That is the same question they asked to Ralph Lauren and Prada

:)

Yea, but... H & M are making far more money than Prada. That's the point. :P

Posted

If they ever decide to cut the price by 50%, they should give me half my pearls back so I can spend it on other things. :3

Posted

but that means that 84% of the player base so an overwhelming majority think otherwise.

It's 1am for me, so I may be off on my math here, but last I checked 100,800 people (which is 84% of the 120,000 active players) hadn't voted on your poll. 505 people voted on your poll and said they wanted a cheap cash shop, so 0.4208% of the ACTIVE player-base. Please don't speak for the community when neither you nor your poll actually represent it. Even if we were to go off the figure that only 10% of the game's population use the forums, you're still only representing 4.208% of the forum community.

As I say in every reply here which you and the others have no response so; if you think the cash shop is too expensive...don't buy from it. :)

Posted

It's 1am for me, so I may be off on my math here, but last I checked 100,800 people (which is 84% of the 120,000 active players) hadn't voted on your poll. 505 people voted on your poll and said they wanted a cheap cash shop, so 0.4208% of the ACTIVE player-base. Please don't speak for the community when neither you nor your poll actually represent it. Even if we were to go off the figure that only 10% of the game's population use the forums, you're still only representing 4.208% of the forum community.

Have you guys never heard of inferential statistics?

Posted

what did you expectm you're a nothing and this poll means nothing. Wheres the shock?

The price of their product , that they've priced. Either pay it or don't. F sake man.

Posted

Oh yeah i would buy outfits if it was cheaper thats for sure. But i want a cost difference in refunds for all my character's outfit, that includes ghilies and every other outfit. My point is, I bought it anyways, if its cheaper sure why not. Im used to these prices. Stares at EVE,Nexon,Aeria,PWI.... yeah im completely used to this

Posted

Have you guys never heard of inferential statistics?

Have you? I'll make the important bits bold.

"Any statistical inference requires some assumptions"

"Whatever level of assumption is made, correctly calibrated inference in general requires these assumptions to be correct"

"Incorrect assumptions of 'simple' random sampling can invalidate statistical inference."

If you want to use inferential statistics, you need to work on assumptions that are based on fact. Assuming the community isn't happy with the cash shop prices isn't based on fact, otherwise Daum would not be making money as people would NOT be buying from the cash shop. 

Thanks for playing. 

Posted

I thought it said "infernal statistics." xD

I'd rather they worried about the gameplay than this frilly bs. :/

Posted

If you want to use inferential statistics, you need to work on assumptions that are based on fact.

I don't think that the assumptions depicted on the text are want you think they are... Assumptions in statistic are mainly about the probability distribution of the random variable under observation.

I just did a single exam about that when I was attending university but I remember the process to be like:

1) select a sample of the "representative" sample of the population. "representative" here have more to do with the composition of the sample rather than with its size. Example: I want to analyze data about "teenagers" and I interview boys in their school: that's not a suitable sample because I miss all those guys not in education.

2) assume pproperties on the sample, like its probability distibution and stuff,

3) formulate an hypothesis, like "population thinks cash shop is overpriced"

4) analyze data and see if those confirm or reject you hypothesis, and estimate confidence ("data shows that prices are fine, and I'm certain of what I said at 95%")

It's a process heavily used in ppharmacy: when they test a new medicine, they test it on a tiny number of patients and then extend the results to everybody.

2 people like this

Posted

No, it's not expensive. At least for me >.>

Posted

I've just taken a look at my account page and nearly shit myself when i counted up the Euro's O_O. Need....more...costumes...and..pointless....stuff..arghhhh

This happens to me on BDO now Q.Q

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea, but... H & M are making far more money than Prada. That's the point. :P

Thank you,  my point exactly .... Why would they lower the price then? ....  Same thing than with the housing market fall of 2008 they only helped people that default on their mortgage payment meanwhile responsible mortgage payers ( while still affected deeply and in dire need of help where not even looked at) why? because the banks where loosing money only with the ones that couldn't pay... Bottom line, why help you if are still paying?.. Out of the goodness of their heart ? Hmm.. Not In This world. Banks  are not rigged like that :(   remember the name of their game is Money.

The only way they would lower the price is if everybody collectively would stop buying costumes because trust me they are making a bundle with the smaller group of people that buy ... But like I stated in my original post the only reason why they buy is because it is expensive and almost unattainable to the rest. This is called a niche market small consumption high yield profit business. You are asking them to turn it into a mass consumption ala Walmart business like model. ..... But you see it is not designed as such from its original conception . That is the issue.