• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do you think the cash shop is expensive?

Cash shop: A success or failure?    1,026 votes

1. 1. Should the prices of the Cash Shop change?

• Yes, by 20%
    • Yes, by 30%
    • Yes, by 40%
    • Yes, by 50%
    • Yes, by 60%
    • Cash shop prices are great

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

465 posts in this topic

Posted

What they need to do is either cut the cost in half or release a second version of the gear without or with less bonuses like Vindictus does at half the cost or less.  Some of us want this for fashion.  Heck give us tokens to bind these looks to actual gear to sell in the marketplace for those who can't afford cash shop items.  Also.. give us back our goddamn giftable shop items.

Posted

Meh, prices are fine for me as they are. If can support the developer why not, and i like my costumes. 

Posted

Your bragging. That is the core of any insecurity. I actually feel sorry for people like you. There are many out there like you. You didn't attempt to answer my question to which I will not argue with someone who is probably in their 20s or 30s and feels to need to brag to people. Like I said, its sad actually.  

To point - this poll which is open to everyone that has access to is arguing that over 80% of the player base believes the cash shop is expensive. This cannot be refuted. Unless the numbers change drastically this will become a mute point.

Thing you need to realize is the majority of people who post like him. are single, lonely workaholics who have no real tangible things in their life, they are surrounded by people just like them, shallow, fickle and meaningless.
they live like they have nothing to lose, when in fact life is passing them by, and one day they will look around see they are alone with nothing to show for their wasted lives..

I agree with you, it's very sad.

Posted (edited)

More than 11% of the game's population are BUYING items from the cash shop. This is more than the average for both F2P and B2P games. If people thought the cash shop was too expensive or didn't enjoy the cash shop; why would they buy?

We're not talking about registered accounts though, we're talking about how many people are buying from the cash shop. If you want figures, how about 120,000 people playing every single day at peak. You can claim that all of them are bots and trail accounts, but it doesn't change that 120,000 people were playing.

Got any proof for this? How do you know the cap is 4,000? Oh you don't? Looks like I'm the only one with figures to back up my argument here.

We do know the amount of active accounts online at peak time, it's 120,000. Click on the first link, that's the number released in the press release. 774 is less than 1% of this. 

Firstly you quoted an Article from a place no one has ever heard of, "much higher pay ratio" means nothing ... Quotations are not Factual. "Those who purchase the game are provided access to all content updates for free" - Costumes are classed as Content, just so you know, they add gameplay improvements and enhance your experience.... By definition "Noun, something contained"

Education in how servers work would tell you that 4,000 is average and anything over that is in Mega server territory ..... It's the Mean number of player on a server, on any game, not just this one.

Where are you getting 120,000 players online at Peak time from ? You have no source and if you had a source it would be wrong,

Believe it or not 700+ players in a poll would be considered a large enough number to base an assumption on, have you ever seen adverts for any Product with a survey ? Tip: Read the small print, wild claims on (example) skin care produce are no more than 100 people.

Side Note: All your posts are complete Waffle with no facts, just because you have an above average ability to type and put words in such a way that they sound like Facts. Does not make them such, you're uneducated in how this game works and anything you say is purely opinion ... Nothing more.

Only hard figures would prove your point, of which you display none.

Edited by Soulplay

Posted (edited)

everyone wants free shit someone needs to pay for the servers 

yea everyone that played this game already bought a copy of the game no one is playing for free!

Edited by Lifesurfer

Posted

More than 11% of the game's population are BUYING items from the cash shop. This is more than the average for both F2P and B2P games. If people thought the cash shop was too expensive or didn't enjoy the cash shop; why would they buy?

We're not talking about registered accounts though, we're talking about how many people are buying from the cash shop. If you want figures, how about 120,000 people playing every single day at peak. You can claim that all of them are bots and trail accounts, but it doesn't change that 120,000 people were playing.

Got any proof for this? How do you know the cap is 4,000? Oh you don't? Looks like I'm the only one with figures to back up my argument here.

We do know the amount of active accounts online at peak time, it's 120,000. Click on the first link, that's the number released in the press release. 774 is less than 1% of this. 

Statistically speaking a sample size of 980 people will give you a 99% confidence +/- 4.12% on a population of 400k people. That is how statistics work. The sample size in this poll is high enough with enough margin of error for any company, politician, seller etc to use as representative of a population of about 400k, and that is being generous that there are 400k players still active. If not and it is lower it only improves the accuracy of the poles results.

1 person likes this

Posted

I wish we don't need to pay to change skills 

Posted

Firstly you quoted an Article from a place no one has ever heard of, "much higher pay ratio" means nothing ... Quotations are not Factual. "Those who purchase the game are provided access to all content updates for free" - Costumes are classed as Content, just so you know, they add gameplay improvements and enhance your experience.... By definition "Noun, something contained"

This is going to be so fun.

Right, firstly these are statements that were issued by Daum in their press release. You may not have heard of VG247 but it's a well known gaming website, but here are a few more websites with the statement.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-04-05-black-desert-online-sells-400k-in-month-one

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04/05/black-desert-online-sells-400000-copies-in-the-west-in-a-month-has-100000-average-concurrent-users/

http://black-desert.com/news/black-desert-online-sells-400000-copies-in-its-first-month/

http://nichegamer.com/2016/04/06/black-desert-online-sold-over-400000-units-in-first-month/

https://www.playerattack.com/news/2016/04/07/88048/black-desert-online-is-super-successful-in-the-west/

http://www.gamingnexus.com/News/37485/Black-Desert-Online-Sells-4002c000-Copies/

So sorry, but it seems you're wrong. The fact you're trying to argue semantics shows how desperately you're trying to grasp at straws. "Much higher pay ratio" means nothing? Perhaps to someone who doesn't understand the English language very well like yourself, but to a simple person when someone says "much higher pay ratio than the average 11 percent" it means MORE than 115 of the game's population are purchasing from the cash shop.

This thread's poll has ~800 users claiming that the cash shop is too expensive, with an active population of 120,000 this makes up 0.66% of the game's population.

Which is larger? 11+% or 0.66%?

Education in how servers work would tell you that 4,000 is average and anything over that is in Mega server territory ..... It's the Mean number of player on a server, on any game, not just this one.

Education in how simple logic works would tell you that there's not one standard server for sale all around the world and the numbers each server can hold fluctuates around the world. 4,000 is NOT the average, and I'm going to enjoy this. You've asked me for sources, which I've provided, so where are your sources for this figure?

Where are you getting 120,000 players online at Peak time from ? You have no source and if you had a source it would be wrong,

So let me get this straight, if I provided a source backing up this figure, it would still be wrong? You'll go very far with this sort of "logical" thinking. Sorry friend, but these figures are directly from Daum which they released in their press release. Here are some sources for you.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/04/05/daum-eu-confirms-black-desert-figures-400k-western-sales-in-first-month/

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04/05/black-desert-online-sells-400000-copies-in-the-west-in-a-month-has-100000-average-concurrent-users/

http://mmoculture.com/2016/04/black-desert-online-usd-12-million-revenue-estimated-for-first-month/

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/944/view/news/read/39087/Black-Desert-Online-Daum-Reportedly-Takes-in-12M-in-First-Month.html

Then again, according to you facts are wrong for the sole reason that they prove you wrong.

Believe it or not 700+ players in a poll would be considered a large enough number to base an assumption on, have you ever seen adverts for any Product with a survey ? Tip: Read the small print, wild claims on (example) skin care produce are no more than 100 people.

Have you ever read a book? Polls are never to be taken seriously on their own as they do not represent a large enough percentage of the studied population. Polls only stand up to criticism when they have other sources and facts to back up their claims, a poll on its own has NO basis in fact. If this thread's poll was true, then why on earth is more than 11% of the game's population purchasing from the cash shop. If this poll was true, BDO's cash shop would not be so successful. 

Side Note: All your posts are complete Waffle with no facts, just because you have an above average ability to type and put words in such a way that they sound like Facts. Does not make them such, you're uneducated in how this game works and anything you say is purely opinion ... Nothing more.

Only hard figures would prove your point, of which you display none.

Cry more please, I've shown facts and figures in most of my arguments whilst you've made wild claims without any sources whilst demanding sources on my end. If you want to argue with the big dogs, learn to control your emotions and learn not to be hippo critical. Nice try friend, but it seems I've proven you wrong. :) 

Posted (edited)

Pets are 13-15$ in KR, outfits are like 40$

After paying more in other versions, I think our version is fine.

WoW sells mounts skins and helmets for 25$ and doesn't get any flak for it, and aslong as daum still gives us sales (christmas) and event stuff, I'm perfectly fine with it.

I believe daum said once before they will do multiple things a year for free pets and sometimes have sales, so that's fine to me.

Some things do need price adjustments, like bed sets. I'm not okay paying 22$ to 25$ for a bed set, i'm okay with paying 30$ for an outfit though and 10$ for a pet, especially when I bought the 100$ pearl box which literally gives you 15$ as a bonus.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

Pets are 13-15$ in KR, outfits are like 40$

After paying more in other versions, I think our version is fine.

WoW sells mounts skins and helmets for 25$ and doesn't get any flak for it, and aslong as daum still gives us sales (christmas) and event stuff, I'm perfectly fine with it.

I believe daum said once before they will do multiple things a year for free pets and sometimes have sales, so that's fine to me.

Some things do need price adjustments, like bed sets. I'm not okay paying 22$ to 25$ for a bed set, i'm okay with paying 30$ for an outfit though and 10$ for a pet, especially when I bought the 100$ pearl box which literally gives you 15$ as a bonus.

You're paying more in other versions for a series of reasons tho. For starters, you did not pay 30-50-100 upfront for the game. Also, you're not paying for cash currency conversion now.

Posted (edited)

You're paying more in other versions for a series of reasons tho. For starters, you did not pay 30-50-100 upfront for the game. Also, you're not paying for cash currency conversion now.

Well, I paid 29.99 for the game. On that same token, they could have just brought the game here with full P2W however. Obviously it costed them money to bring it here, and then money yet again to alter the game, and now? They are trying to bring valencia part 2/3 elements to valencia part 1 which probably requires more coding on there part.

If this game was 59.99 I would have had an issue with the prices, but for 29.99? Hah that's fine. I'm used to spending 15 a month on WoW + 40-50$ every 2 years for the new WoW expac, and sometimes the 25$ race change or server transfer.

I spent 100$ on pearls + the 29.99 and I got everything I ever needed pretty much. I got a ghillie, a costume, dyes, a horse costume, some char slots, and weight. Now I don't need to buy anything else and I still have some pearls left.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

Most probably because they realise that people are happy with the cash shop prices as more than 11% of the game's population are buying items from the cash shop. By all means keep bumping your thread, but last I checked 11% of the game's population is higher than your 774 people, a lot higher.

Keep bumping away though, maybe if you keep this thread active for 17 years you may be able to beat that 11%. :) 

Your part of a loud minority of players. This is SHOWN IN EVERY POLL DONE that the majority of players are generally upset. You and your squad of loyalists make a stink in every post/thread that makes any kind of critics of the game. Its honestly funny seeing the same 5 people make the same comments supporting this game over and over and over again. You realize that a slew of popular YouTube gamers have left this game, and their followers number in the 100s of thousands right that support them. Get off your high horse and hey what are you doing talking in this forum instead of enjoying this game that apparently has no flaws? 1000 people have voted - and those that are okay with the Cash shop are only 14.29% of people that voted. You just don't like it that every poll says that people are getting fed up with DAUM's practices and leaving.

Edited by Cloud Strife
Missing information

Posted (edited)

Your part of a loud minority of players. This is SHOWN IN EVERY POLL DONE that the majority of players are generally upset.

Not sure which country you're in, but your math seems to be off. More than 11% of the game's population are using the cash shop, this means that at least 11% of the game's population are happy with the prices (after all if you're not happy with the prices then you wouldn't buy from the cash shop). The last figure we had for active population is 100-120k; so 11% of this is 12,100. Your poll has 841 who say they aren't happy with the cash shop prices, even if you use the expression that the forum only represents 10% of the game's population you're still stuck at  8,410. 

So no, we're not the minority...you are. In every country on the globe, 12,100 is larger than 841 and 8,410. Oh, and it's more than 11% of the population who use the cash shop so the number is most probably larger.

You and your squad of loyalists make a stink in every post/thread that makes any kind of critics of the game.

And you bump this thread every time and ignore anyone who poses a question or makes a statement that disagrees with you or proves you wrong, don't paint people with a brush if you're not prepared to be painted as well.

Its honestly funny seeing the same 5 people make the same comments supporting this game over and over and over again.

And it's the same 5 people who are making complaints, for every person who complains about this game I will find you someone who enjoys it or supports, I've also got the people who are actively playing the game and not whining on the forums. 

You realize that a slew of popular YouTube gamers have left this game, and their followers number in the 100s of thousands right that support them.

Do you mean the 2 YouTubers who "quit"? One of whom hastily edited the video to say he wasn't quitting and the other who still streams BDO? Those YouTubers? And where are your sources for the fact that "100s of thousands" support them? Especially when the game only had an active population of 120,000.

Get off your high horse and hey what are you doing talking in this forum instead of enjoying this game that apparently has no flaws?

The concept of two screens hasn't reached your country yet, has it? Let me turn your "logic" back on you, what are you doing on a game that you dislike? What are you doing on the forums of a game you don't play? What are you doing complaining about cash shop prices when you're not forced to buy from it? 

1000 people have voted - and those that are okay with the Cash shop are only 14.29% of people that voted. You just don't like it that every poll says that people are getting fed up with DAUM's practices and leaving.

That's odd, so far most of the people who said they're "quitting" are still on the forums; very odd. As shown above, 11% is higher than you poll; most of the people who are purchasing items from the cash shop are most probably playing the game than whining on the forums like you. There's a reason MORE than 11% of the game's population are buying from the cash shop, they have disposable income. Maybe you should follow what the other <89% are doing and...NOT buy from the cash shop. :) 

Edited by Plunge

Posted

i know this post is kinda old but i'll just leave my opinion anyway, the costumes are overpriced yes, buying a costume that costs more than the game is kinda...(i dont say nothing more for ppl dont get offended). ppl who work, maybe spent 30 eur or dollar can be too much for them because ppl who actually live alone or have their own lives (meaning they do more than just play games) can be too much but for ppl who dedicate their lives to games can be not too expensive because they're not putting money in the trash. i dont think ppl will understand what i am saying because my english is not the best...

anyway my suggestion is, daum could make the costumes around 15 eur/dollar and by removing the costumes in marketplace also removing the bonus stats. they might get more money and the game whould be less p2w. everyone wins atleast. but im not putting any hope in this company. 

this is just my opinion and my suggestion, and i apologise my english(my english kinda sounds rude).

Posted

I also think the cash shop prices of somes items are way too expensive but not all.

Costume prices : could be " OK " if we could use it on every character we had, i'd like to use my camo suit on every character instead of wasting 30$ on each character.
Plus they are tons of costumes with bonus for jobs or others things, that mean spending XXX $ for 1 character instead of 1 account.

Furnitures prices : IMO, they are way too expensive... spending 10$ do get 2 - 5 furnitures is ridiculous.

Boat/mount/Pets : Prices are OK because it's account bound and not character bound.

Maid : Maid are OK because it's account bounded too, but the utility isn't that great especially for the bank one.

Consumables : Consumables are ok imo

Loyalties : I'd like to see some items prices lowered such as Memory Artisan, cause the price in loyaulty is dumb compare to shop.