• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do you think the cash shop is expensive?

Cash shop: A success or failure?    1,026 votes

1. 1. Should the prices of the Cash Shop change?

• Yes, by 20%
    • Yes, by 30%
    • Yes, by 40%
    • Yes, by 50%
    • Yes, by 60%
    • Cash shop prices are great

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

465 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm in full agreement the cash shop needs to be cut by 50% but there has already been interviews with Daum Korea stating that they know it's overpriced but people are still buying and they are making profits and see this continuing until the end of the year and won't reduce prices.

While that is not consumer friendly they have no reason to drop prices. Personally I think it's the wrong decision. They are milking whales for every penny they have while alienating the people who would stick around for years and truly support the game long after the whales move on to another game but it's their choice.

Admittedly I'm also part of the problem as I've put nearly 300 dollars into the cash shop but with that being said, I save my pearls for items I really want and items that have yet to be released. I put back money in anticipation of BDO, the amount I've put in just happens to be what I put back, the prices are obviously more expensive than I would have liked and my money won't go nearly as far as I would of liked.

I wouldn't expect prices to drop until the end of the year at least, the trend could keep going far beyond that.

Posted

I'm in full agreement the cash shop needs to be cut by 50% but there has already been interviews with Daum Korea stating that they know it's overpriced but people are still buying and they are making profits and see this continuing until the end of the year and won't reduce prices.

While that is not consumer friendly they have no reason to drop prices. Personally I think it's the wrong decision. They are milking whales for every penny they have while alienating the people who would stick around for years and truly support the game long after the whales move on to another game but it's their choice.

Admittedly I'm also part of the problem as I've put nearly 300 dollars into the cash shop but with that being said, I save my pearls for items I really want and items that have yet to be released. I put back money in anticipation of BDO, the amount I've put in just happens to be what I put back, the prices are obviously more expensive than I would have liked and my money won't go nearly as far as I would of liked.

I wouldn't expect prices to drop until the end of the year at least, the trend could keep going far beyond that.

Well I think that if people stop buying from the shop the prices will actually go down. And people need to do that, its just unfair that the majority can't afford anything.

Posted

PA and Dum already know that there aren't any competitors out there and are milking their advantage for all it's worth. The moment a real game company like Blizzard or some EA subsidiary decide to release a sandbox MMO the prices will drop. Until then, they have a monopoly and monopolies don't encourage fair pricing.

Posted

...like Blizzard or some EA....

Bllizzard will never be able to make a second MMO different from WOW, the formula if it works don't change anything is what they do the most.

EA will have a p2w mmo, nothing less, nothing more. They won't try something new, only that exist and works.

Posted

Hard to pick an option on the poll...

I think people would be more receptive to the higher prices if the outfits you bought were usable on every character, or cheaper if they are only for a single character.

1 person likes this

Posted

ohhh nooo, someone posted a different opinion, let's quote them and call their post "bullshit" without offering anything constructive. because that will not inflame the discussion you are apparently so desperate to avoid.

what do I mean? one simple example; currently I can pay $6 USD for 50 LT weight increase, which is 3500 loyalty. completely ridiculous. if they cut the price by 50%, suddenly I can get 50 LT for $3 USD. Play for over a month or pay $3 USD. hmmmm.

the cheaper items get, the more of a bonus we get for each dollar invested, the more it is P2W

This comment makes no sense. I see what you are trying to say but your logic is flawed. In both cases people still "pay to win", when prices are higher people only "pay more to win".

Posted

Bllizzard will never be able to make a second MMO different from WOW, the formula if it works don't change anything is what they do the most.

EA will have a p2w mmo, nothing less, nothing more. They won't try something new, only that exist and works.

I've played Blizzard games since Warcraft 1 and Diablo 1. Newer generation gamers don't understand how blizzard operates. They take ideas from games that already work, then polish the hell out of it until they release a masterpiece. Diablo 3 was their only disappointing title so far. WoW is over a decade old and Blizzard will be forced to release a new MMO to maintain its standing in the next two years.

Posted

I've played Blizzard games since Warcraft 1 and Diablo 1. Newer generation gamers don't understand how blizzard operates. They take ideas from games that already work, then polish the hell out of it until they release a masterpiece. Diablo 3 was their only disappointing title so far. WoW is over a decade old and Blizzard will be forced to release a new MMO to maintain its standing in the next two years.

Problem is that Blizzard changed, tis no more the lil company that developped war/starcraft strategy games and diablo (forgot what type it is), their new games use gimmicks picked from other game while still being based on their old one. The fact that they also have a largely casual game community for wow will also influence their development choice heavily for the next one (if there is, I think it will be more a graphic expansion of wow than anything else).

Posted (edited)

Diablo 3 was vastly improved since it came out.

Blizzard isn't going to release a new MMO. They were working on Titan but cancelled it and used the assets to make Overwatch. They don't want to compete against themselves when they still have the highest pop MMO on the market today.

I would love to get Lost Ark in the west, but it isn't going to come unless it's successful in China first.

Edited by Gungan

Posted

Where in the world do you live?? A weeks worth of food for $30?! please, teach me.

LOL like I said, it wouldn't be the most nutritious food....
Ramen, chef boyardee, rice, beans, basic ass sandwiches, maybe cereal...

Posted (edited)

What are the stats on the treant suit parts compared to the outfits anyways ? Doesn't it have less than the outfits yet it costs the same? You don't get xp gain, stamina, death penalty, amity gain or the view range increase with it correct?

Edited by Tillerzz

Posted

Yeah i mean 2900 pearls for 1 costume alone? like my wallet is hurting. just freaking look what i went and did yesterday... i mean if you have a shit ton of money then 30$ a costume is fine i guess, but for poor peeps like myself who only make 300$ a week ... @_@ the struggles are real. i would LOVE too see the prices drop by ATLEAST 50%, that would be fantastic.

Posted

Well, what I have done, is spend around 100 euro and thrown it away since I had to delete the character that I bought the items on, and it was not able to transfer to your own bank. I will no longer buy anything from the cash shop unless heavy reduced price or small price changes+changes in the items.

Posted (edited)

I don't care about cash shop as I don't use it and don't intend too.

P2W Ghilie suit convinced me this was the good solution.

Edited by Dim
Removed inflamatory remark

Posted

IF they lowered the prices by 50%, guess what - you still wouldn't be unique snowflakes. Because, according to your fabulous and entirely scientific double blind experiment poll here, you'd all run out and buy them...thus rendering the entire process pointless. You'd cry and whinge about not looking unique, or ----- about the dye system, or god knows what.

Either pay the asking price. Or don't.

Stop all this 'vote for change' bullcrap. You posting a poll gives you the illusion of democracy, but this isn't one.  Either put up, or shut up.

I put up. Three times, and come pay day - once the bills are paid, a flagon of mead is purchased and flowers gifted to my wife, if theres any sheckles left over you know what? I'm going to buy more Daum cash for my alts costumes.

Posted

Skin prices are reasonable only if they're account bound. For character bound items, their price needs to be halved or more.

The Cash Shop prices look like the publisher has no faith in the game's longevity and wants to make bank as soon as possible. I say that after having bought too much stuff from the Pearl Store already.

IF they lowered the prices by 50%, guess what - you still wouldn't be unique snowflakes. Because, according to your fabulous and entirely scientific double blind experiment poll here, you'd all run out and buy them...thus rendering the entire process pointless. You'd cry and whinge about not looking unique, or ----- about the dye system, or god knows what.

Stop all this 'vote for change' bullcrap. You posting a poll gives you the illusion of democracy, but this isn't one.  Either put up, or shut up.

I put up. Three times, and come pay day - once the bills are paid, a flagon of mead is purchased and flowers gifted to my wife, if theres any sheckles left over you know what? I'm going to buy more Daum cash for my alts costumes.

Who buys costumes to look unique? You'll look about as unique as anyone else who paid money, instead of looking about as unique as someone who didn't pay money. No snowflakery there whether they sell 10 or a million of those outfits.

I bought my outfit for the stat bonuses, not because I had any illusion I'd stand out over people who spent nothing.

1 person likes this

Posted

I bought my outfit for the stat bonuses, 

Pay to win.

lol.

Posted

Pay to win.

lol.

Can't turn down that combat exp. :)

And, as a horse breeder, the trainer's outfit is pretty much a must have. You'd be mad to level horses without it if you can afford to get one.

Doesn't mean I think the prices are reasonable though. I think my alt should be able to wear the trainer's outfit I bought, and I don't think it's unreasonable to want that.

Posted

Ideally all prices would be halved, but the only thing I truly take issue with are the costumes. If you're going to try to charge me the same amount I bought the (formerly F2P in all other regions) game for, that damn thing better be usable on all of my characters at the very least. Even then it's ridiculous the lengths people will go to defend companies blatantly gouging their wallets. This is why anti-consumer practices are so prevalent within the gaming community these last fews years, because consumers themselves will bend over backwards to defend their favorite brands totally free of charge, no matter how badly they're being treated. No other hobby is plagued by such an amazing amount of clueless drones.

You do not speak for the community. If you want to silence all dissent regarding things like the ghillie and cashshop prices the unofficial subreddit is probably more your speed.

Yes I do...but because the majority is always the 'silent majority'.....the 'majority' of game players never use forums..Reddit...or any other media outlet.  They buy the damn game and play it.

Posted

9€ for a pet, 22€ for a costume. Not comment, it's clearly over priced and i'm pretty sure if they divided the prices of everything by 2, they would even make more money than now.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not about looking unique. It's about looking good for our own benefit. It's about finding a cool look that we enjoy. I don't give a crap what other people look like.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cash shop is pretty overpriced. But quality is pretty nice.

Posted

But quality is pretty nice.

No offense, but... Really?

Posted

We are at 400 votes! Lets keep on going higher! :)

Posted

Most games I've played sell skins for 10-15 euro (excluding MOBAs, just MMORPGs) so I voted 50% overpriced.

I do ask, is it wrong for a company stray from the typical path of rpgs, and have their own prices and designs?