• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is there a way to stop leveling before forced PvP level ?

408 posts in this topic

Posted

OK I'm a bit older then most here, to be honest, from what I read of in game chat so are my grandkids. The very thought of me getting into a button pushing contest with you guys is laughable, so PvP is pointless and I would like to avoid it. I'm really enjoying the depth of the crafting system and (don't laugh) I find the fishing mini game to be rather challenging, milking cows is far beyond my clicking ability though.

So in short I am having fun

Now.... Today I learned PvP is essential past 45, no way to avoid it if you go out of town.

Everything I read about BDO before buying both it and that hot little costume to give me some eye candy while I played said pvp was at 50 and you had to do some quest to get it, but apparently that is outdated info. Also just my fishing, gathering, and cooking, is advancing my levels at an uncomfortably rapid pace to that point

Has the quest to advance to PvP been also lowered to 45 also ? Or am I stuck having to deal with having to be killed over and over it at some point weather I like it or not if I continue to play ?

14 people like this

Posted

Delete your character, and start over.

But to answer your question, no.  I don't like forced PvP either.  But I've been killed a grand total of 3 times in over a month, so I don't know why people worry about it so much.

15 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yeah sorry Daum changed the quest for NA players so pvp is enabled for ya at 45 and no way to stop it. You could either find a decent guild to party up with and shadow you, or let your character die to lose XP so you don't level up. Eitherway, sorry this isn't explained very well at all and I know the main page doesn't advertise it as a selling point for this game.... " Forced PvP at 45!" Maybe they should...Eitherway it shouldn't happen too often. If you run across some camping morons just switch channels.

Edited by Tillerzz

Posted

Thankfully we have all the info and warnings about when and how exactly PvP starts, right? Right?!?

7 people like this

Posted

Suicide, over and over. Get creative and have fun with it. xD  seriously, much lion kking moments to be had with friends.

Though besides that, I'll just reinforce what puffer fish said, I got my main over 45 for exploring. Have only been pvped a handful of times

Posted

Like Pufferfish said, your worrying for nothing! Reminds me of all the PvE players whining for PvE server because they are too afraid to level to 45. When its clearly not as bad as you think.

2 people like this

Posted

it is a bit late now. but on your next character when you get maybe halfway from 44 to 45, strip off all your gear, and go suicide on mobs a bunch of times to go back to 44 and 0%. i do not think you can actually down level. it is a sloppy solution, but it will work

Posted

easy go troll a world boss and lose your exp

it is a bit late now. but on your next character when you get maybe halfway from 44 to 45, strip off all your gear, and go suicide on mobs a bunch of times to go back to 44 and 0%. i do not think you can actually down level. it is a sloppy solution, but it will work

even better strip of and flag up at world boss 

- karma lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Woot !!!!!

'Suicide girls' for the win

Can I get a fancy title for that ?

1 person likes this

Posted

lol. it is about the only solution i can think of for now. i know there is a lot of debate on what direction the game should take in terms of allowing players to stay PVE only etc, but i am thinking after about a year things will kind of shake out a bit. it will be interesting to see what direction the game takes and how it develops

Posted

Simple, just uninstall.

3 people like this

Posted

it will be interesting to see what direction the game takes and how it develops

Yeah well, I *could* have spent those 50€ on a pair of shoes tho.

Posted

Getting PKed happens way less than the forums would make you think. I've been playing since head start and I've only been PKed once, and that's cause I was in a contested farming spot. I would recommend leveling up normally and not worrying about it. People generally won't bother you unless you give them a reason to.

1 person likes this

Posted

You have to suicide to keep from leveling. I do it, it takes a long time every week and is really annoying. I accidently just hot 32 on a character, stupid f'ing trade xp. Everything gives you combat xp so I am going to have to be more careful with her.

We need PvP moved back to 50 or a quest at 44. This s' is getting old. 

Posted

Another thing to bear in mind is that once Valencia is released, a lot of the pvp action will move to the desert. Now, that doesn't mean it won't exist to the west, but I forsee that being more pve farming/GvG/node wars based than straight up ganking.

Posted

Getting PKed happens way less than the forums would make you think. I've been playing since head start and I've only been PKed once, and that's cause I was in a contested farming spot. I would recommend leveling up normally and not worrying about it. People generally won't bother you unless you give them a reason to.

You miss the point. It is not about frequency. For some of us it is about choice and possibility. And above all it is about equal treatment of equally paying customers. Just the notion of the idea that PvE players were tricked into being a food for gankers is aggravating.

If I stripped you and tied you to my bed and whooped out a whip, assuming you are absolutely not into those things, would the possibility I am just teasing and may never use it on your ass somehow nullify the humiliation and the chance I could actually beat you bloody if I wanted to? I am exaggerating here but sometimes one has to to make a point.

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

The only way to stop it would be to get killed like others have said, so you gimp your exp.
I'm sure there are ways to avoid open world conflict if crafting and fishing are really what you enjoy doing.
Perhaps spend a little money on mats from the marketplace for your crafting, fish in safe zones, or do your gathering in non-contested areas.
Really, it's the exp/money grinding hot spots that will be contested.
If you're just exploring for mining nodes, trees or plants, you're likely to be left alone.

Edited by Star Carver

Posted

Minecraft exists.

Posted

Luckily Daum changed it to 45. Don't worry though if you don't want to participate you won't be affected much. 

Posted

Unless you're gathering in areas where they fight over popular mobs, you wont have a problem. Sure it might happen once or twice a month someone kills you, but so what? If you're playing for life skills I assume you don't care about gear or exp. So really the only thing that happens is you're inconvenienced some minutes while going back where you were or jumping channels if you do that.

I think people build this up in their heads and thus making it a bigger emotionally deal than it needs be. If they accepted it and was mentally prepared it could happen, they'd also be able to handle it the few times it did.

I'm lvl 50 and afk my horse wagon outside safezone every time I sleep 7-10 h. Nobody has cared about it so far. I also grind in areas with other players, but keep my distance and stick to "my" area. If too many shows up and it gets cramped, I either switch channels or do something else. Haven't been killed yet. And even if I am, meh I don't play high lvl competative so who cares. 

2 people like this

Posted

Like Pufferfish said, your worrying for nothing! Reminds me of all the PvE players whining for PvE server because they are too afraid to level to 45. When its clearly not as bad as you think.

But there is that 0.12% chance of getting killed while afk fishing! Clearly a broken game.

/s

5 people like this

Posted

At the beginning of the game there will always be some players who has to try PKing, but as the game and its player base progress, they will have little to no reason wasting their time PKing random people like that, when there's so much else that they have to do, like level up themselves, and participate in more guild related disputes elsewhere. It is unpractical to PK, unless there's a goal in mind, like e.g. take a world boss from competitors. If you're running solo, you will find that PKing mostly occur when, like, take the Castle Ruin south of Hidel as an example, if you ran into the courtyard there and pretended like you owned the place, when someone else was clearly there trying to level up themselves. I mean, just be polite to other players, consider that they're there for the same reason you are, and you will mostly be fine.

Posted

kinda makes me laugh that pvp is unlocked at 45 now but the quest from 49 to 50 is still there, they moved the level but forgot to move the quest, hopefully in the future they will finish what they started

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

How many times I've been killed on purpose since the release of the game: 1

and that was afk fishing

OP you're mistaken to think that once you step out of the safe zone at level 45+ it's a brawl to the death

Edited by fewifewnewf
2 people like this

Posted

The PvE content in this game is really fun isn't it?  I also enjoy the fishing mini-game :).  Love catching the sunrise on the coast of Olvia while casting.  Not too hard to find a nice secluded spot there most times.

For people who enjoy PvE, there's a lot to do.  I can see myself being busy for a long time, given the ability to enjoy the game as I'd like.  Been in Wurm Online for ages now for similar reasons.  Very different than this game, but a good example of the kind of loyalty a game can get from their PvE community.  A lot of people stay with that game.  Occasional breaks, but they keep going back.  BDO could have a similar appeal, imho.

In any case, I'm hopeful they'll move the pvp level back to the level 50 quest where it should be.  It's a great system, and allows everyone to play as they'd like.  Cha-ching!  PvP, PvE, PvX cash.  There's other ways to accomplish that of course, but I rather like the one the creators of the game have come up with.

They seem to be localizing and releasing content at a decent clip, so I'm hoping they can crank it out and fix it before people like the OP, who seems a perfect fit for the PvE side of things decide enough is enough.

BTW Mr. OP, love that you're playing this with your grandkids.  I also play with my family.  We're on different sides of the country, but the games we can play together keep us closer than we would be otherwise.  Not something that would have been possible, or at least as prevalent, 20 years ago.  I hope Musk can figure out the lag situation connecting with Mars before he opens up his colonies up there so we can keep it up :D

5 people like this