• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is there a way to stop leveling before forced PvP level ?

408 posts in this topic

Posted

Thank you all

May sound a bit silly to you vets, but really was concerned about this.

My PvP days were way back in the 90's with UO and well..... I just am not physically capable of pulling it off any more

2 people like this

Posted

I usually hit up a node close to mobs and repeatedly have to suicide myself back to 0.00.  Its a sad system to have to go through but at least it doesn't take too long.

Posted

Suiciding to play the game? Fecking useless Duam.

Such a shame a decent PVE game is ruined by ganking.

Posted

If I stripped you and tied you to my bed and whooped out a whip...

Wait a minute... what was the topic again?

Oh yeah, make alts. ;)

Posted (edited)

This is stupid. Chances are you will NEVER get pked unless you are asking for it ,or go into some high lvl grinding spot where people fight over spawns, something you wouldnt do anyway if you want to stay at lvl 44. Maybe the people who tell such stories are in a hardcore pvp guild without noticing it. If you are in war with other guilds you will get pked and ganked by them, but its your decision to stay in such a guild.

Also if you really get ganked by someone for no reason, you could simply switch channels. This never happened to me or anyone i know though.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted

OK I'm a bit older then most here, to be honest, from what I read of in game chat so are my grandkids. The very thought of me getting into a button pushing contest with you guys is laughable, so PvP is pointless and I would like to avoid it. I'm really enjoying the depth of the crafting system and (don't laugh) I find the fishing mini game to be rather challenging, milking cows is far beyond my clicking ability though.

So in short I am having fun

Now.... Today I learned PvP is essential past 45, no way to avoid it if you go out of town.

Everything I read about BDO before buying both it and that hot little costume to give me some eye candy while I played said pvp was at 50 and you had to do some quest to get it, but apparently that is outdated info. Also just my fishing, gathering, and cooking, is advancing my levels at an uncomfortably rapid pace to that point

Has the quest to advance to PvP been also lowered to 45 also ? Or am I stuck having to deal with having to be killed over and over it at some point weather I like it or not if I continue to play ?

If you are older than me, I would be shocked B|  I am in the same situation. Those PvP gaming days are over for me... already had more than my fair share. I am not leveling up any characters except for possibly a musa/maehwa and/or kunoichi. The rest of my 10 character slots are strictly for fishing, gathering, cooking, trading, training, exploring, yada, yada, yada.

I will also be killing myself over and over and over again to stay below the PvP radar. For me, in the long run, it's a small price to pay to play a game I thoroughly enjoy, otherwise. Maybe one day they will move the PvP flag back up to 49 with the quest to complete holding you off from hitting the magical gank number of 50. I do understand that many are saying it is not that bad and are rarely being Pk'd. However, there are some servers that are having huge gank fests. It is not an all or nothing.

Just enjoy the game for what YOU find enjoyable and fun and forget and don't stress over something might or might not be B| Thaz my cheap two cents worth.

1 person likes this

Posted

My PvP days were way back in the 90's with UO and well..... I just am not physically capable of pulling it off any more

wat

you have this thing hooked up to a kinect or something? what is happening?

Posted

Yeah, my reflexes aren't what they were, sadly. I can also get some pain in some of my hand joints as well nowadays if I try too hard.

It is a bit of a shame that the game has simply not got the same mechanism as the KR game (lock at 49.99). It seems to me that is all people are asking for. This would also take a lot of the heat out of the debate - certainly in the short term and would perhaps provide some breathing space to allow some level headed discussion on the topic as a whole.

Personally, I play very slowly and, hence level very slowly, so it will definitely be some time before this becomes an issue for me. That said, when I do reach that level and if there was a lock, I would go past in any case as I would want to experience any higher level PVE content in the offing. If getting to that high level content means I have to play stealthier, so be it - that was my approach in EVE. I would also fight if necessary, but I would always look to make it as uneven as possible - game needs security detail role! I'll cross those bridges when I come to 'em.

TLDR: put the original quest back.

4 people like this

Posted

Stay 44 just kill yourself so that your XP Rate won't raise anymore :P

I still know the times where in Aion all this stay 50s killed themself in every high place they can find :P 

Dying Birds just dropping from the skies that was sad :( 

Posted

OK I'm a bit older then most here, to be honest, from what I read of in game chat so are my grandkids. The very thought of me getting into a button pushing contest with you guys is laughable, so PvP is pointless and I would like to avoid it. I'm really enjoying the depth of the crafting system and (don't laugh) I find the fishing mini game to be rather challenging, milking cows is far beyond my clicking ability though.

Now.... Today I learned PvP is essential past 45, no way to avoid it if you go out of town.

Everything I read about BDO before buying both it and that hot little costume to give me some eye candy while I played said pvp was at 50 and you had to do some quest to get it, but apparently that is outdated info. Also just my fishing, gathering, and cooking, is advancing my levels at an uncomfortably rapid pace to that point

Has the quest to advance to PvP been also lowered to 45 also ? Or am I stuck having to deal with having to be killed over and over it at some point weather I like it or not if I continue to play ?

uninstall.exe

Posted

I think we should all get together and have a big suicide event. Mass leaping off a tall tower or something. ;-P

And to the folks who don't "get it" and enjoy making fun, I hope our tears are delicious! Reminds me of people teasing RPers, or even moreso, ERPers. Who gives a rat's rectum how someone else likes to play the game? If they're paying, they're helping keep the game you like to play running!

Posted

I think we should all get together and have a big suicide event. Mass leaping off a tall tower or something. ;-P

And to the folks who don't "get it" and enjoy making fun, I hope our tears are delicious! Reminds me of people teasing RPers, or even moreso, ERPers. Who gives a rat's rectum how someone else likes to play the game? If they're paying, they're helping keep the game you like to play running!

Isn't there a video of that happening in KR? 

uninstall.exe

Blocked as I'm tired of even seeing posts that chill a soul to the bone.

Posted

On Edan, I have been ganked successfully 0 times. Some people have tried but pressing a potion then V is usually enough to get away as a Witch. Sometimes I feel like there is barely any world PvP out there.

Posted

Stay 44 just kill yourself so that your XP Rate won't raise anymore :P

I still know the times where in Aion all this stay 50s killed themself in every high place they can find :P 

Dying Birds just dropping from the skies that was sad :( 

the problem is. why do they even have to do that when there is a feature they just need to flip a switch on. without all the dumb hassle people have to go through just to not do pvp with a farming character or what not..

Posted

the problem is. why do they even have to do that when there is a feature they just need to flip a switch on. without all the dumb hassle people have to go through just to not do pvp with a farming character or what not..

well if they wanted sure there would be a feature like that. The thing is do they really want to add something like that, cause in my eyes its part of the game it is meant to be somehow realistic in the envoirment, where people can murder someone but ofcourse they are now wanted criminals and so bounty hunters can chase them. Like Hero vs. Villian you know. I heard later there will be a Red City for those Criminals so it is part of the game and a feature that is needed so those criminals can get their content.

Posted

well if they wanted sure there would be a feature like that. The thing is do they really want to add something like that, cause in my eyes its part of the game it is meant to be somehow realistic in the envoirment, where people can murder someone but ofcourse they are now wanted criminals and so bounty hunters can chase them. Like Hero vs. Villian you know. I heard later there will be a Red City for those Criminals so it is part of the game and a feature that is needed so those criminals can get their content.

you do know that in all other version they have the pvp lock till u do quest right? its not like it wasn't part of the game from the start. and what is planned for the future has nothing to do with what the issue is right now.

Posted

you do know that in all other version they have the pvp lock till u do quest right? its not like it wasn't part of the game from the start. and what is planned for the future has nothing to do with what the issue is right now.

well i didn't know that i know that i could already do pvp with lvl 30 in russia though.

Posted

well i didn't know that i know that i could already do pvp with lvl 30 in russia though.

Russia has it atlevel 30  kr has it I think 50 or 45 I'm not sure anymore. but the fact is its been there since the birth of the game in korea. turning it off makes no sense.

Posted

Russia has it atlevel 30  kr has it I think 50 or 45 I'm not sure anymore. but the fact is its been there since the birth of the game in korea. turning it off makes no sense.

Well i don't know than, maybe they will bring it for you guys into the game too. I don't mind it how it is right now.

Posted

When you die you lose 1% of your XP, right? So if I'm 44.99, I need to gank myself 99 times to get back to level 44?

This gives a new meaning to "grinding".

Posted

Not sure if it's been said as I don't want to read the multiple pages but a lot of people have taken to killing themselves over and over to lose experience to stop from leveling to 45...this is the only way I know to prevent it.

With that being said, depending on what server you're on, going past 45 isn't so terrible. I'm on Orwen and have only been pk'd 3 times after 45 and that's playing since headstart. But I can understand not wanting to deal with it at all, especially if you afk fish a lot. They really should reinstate the 50 & quest for pvp like in Korea. If someone doesn't want to level past that and pvp they should be able to do so as the amount that would do that is minuscule, I don't understand the reasoning in changing it aside from catering to the pkers who only like to gank lowbies or undergeared players because they are scared of skill based equal footing pvp.

Posted (edited)

Our version of the game is different, you'll have to kill your character repeatedly to stay below the unlock at level 45.  Make sure you take off any valuable crystals first.  There is no quest or warning, so you need to keep an eye on your character's level. 

Edited by Anemone

Posted

When you die you lose 1% of your XP, right? So if I'm 44.99, I need to gank myself 99 times to get back to level 44?

I thought it was more than that, but you're probably right. It's a pain in the rear. At that level it is so easy to level doing zero combat it's silly. I'm pretty sure I'll accidentally hit 45 at some point and then, well, I guess I'll go give some other game my money until there's a real solution for this.

Posted

It takes over an hour to go from about 97% to 0% even if the respawn is really close to the MOBs. I do get tired of it.

Posted

Most people don't PvP. It's not like nullsec in Eve, or any other game with more PvP content than Black Desert ( which is most MMOs out there ). Anyone telling you this is a PvP game is lying or delusional.