• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is there a way to stop leveling before forced PvP level ?

408 posts in this topic

Posted

Its a core part of the game. Twisten carebears are so scared they wanna redesign core mechanics. 

If you dont like pvp, dis game is not for you.

Now be gone carebear

I like PVP, but I get that other people don't and might not want to engage in it. 

It was the PVP crowd that complained endlessly on these forums to have the unlock changed to 45, sooo they should have just quit because the game wasn't designed the way they wanted, right?  Oh duh, it only applies when they're asking for something you don't want.

Begone mindless troll.

Posted (edited)

I like PVP, but I get that other people don't and might not want to engage in it. 

It was the PVP crowd that complained endlessly on these forums to have the unlock changed to 45, sooo they should have just quit because the game wasn't designed the way they wanted, right?  Oh duh, it only applies when they're asking for something you don't want.

Begone mindless troll.

No they werent. Not like dis bro. Im part of this forum since way before launch.

You are full of it. These carebears are so vocal, starting a crai thread every day...

Fck them

Edited by MoZex

Posted

No they werent. Not like dis bro. Im part of this forum since way before launch.

You are full of it. These carebears are so vocal, starting a crai thread every day...

Fck them

Yeah it's not like there's a ton more people on the forums now that we're not in closed betas and the game has actually launched.

You're clearly invested in your delusion, have a good one man.

Posted (edited)

Well, MMOs are not usually meant to cater to the elderly or carebears. But I am starting to feel that is the majority after reading these forums

You dont have to PvP but you have to be smart to not get killed. Dont do things that get you killed

Edited by Baba-Ji The Love Guru
1 person likes this

Posted

Dont do things that get you killed

Dont wear that mini skirt into a bar right?

Posted

Dont wear that mini skirt into a bar right?

mini skirts are sexy...

Pvp in mini skirt!

Yeah it's not like there's a ton more people on the forums now that we're not in closed betas and the game has actually launched.

You're clearly invested in your delusion, have a good one man.

yea back then people were actually trying to be constructive. Now its crai crai crai. Im scared to get killed QQ

Fck them dude imma white knight them as long as I will play this game.

And I truely love this game for what it is

Posted

Well, MMOs are not usually meant to cater to the elderly or carebears. But I am starting to feel that is the majority after reading these forums

So, when you hit a certain age, that's it. drop out of your hobby that you have played in one form or another for nigh on half a century? 3 posts by older gamers and it is now half the community?

Yeah, can definitely tell you are still a puppy. 

Posted

LOL. By the barking or peeing all over the place? :D

Posted

So, when you hit a certain age, that's it. drop out of your hobby that you have played in one form or another for nigh on half a century? 3 posts by older gamers and it is now half the community?

"elderly or carebears"

You even quoted him... 

Posted

LOL. By the barking or peeing all over the place? :D

yeah, you know when they run in circles peeing all over the floor?

"elderly or carebears"

You even quoted him... 

pfft... labels

Posted

yeah, you know when they run in circles peeing all over the floor?

Hahaha sure I do. Reminds me of some posters around here :D

Posted

You dont have to PvP but you have to be smart to not get killed. Dont do things that get you killed

I'll now answer the sensible part of your post. This is exactly how I played EVE. A lot of the time, you can find safe places to do 'domestic/life' stuff, but occasionally you have to go out to get something from another place and that means travelling and/or doing the gathering. I set up home in low sec in EVE, so I had to run camped gates and had the occasional squabble...all good fun.

But...EVE has PVP built in from the start and is absolutely advertised front and centre as an open world PVP game. It has lots of systems in place to support PVP. BDO doesn't really present itself like that, not on the surface at any rate and, it seems to me, that the PVP side of BDO has not yet matured.

I primarily play PVE in games, because it suits my life style and this game in particular really suits it. From my experience, being involved in PVP in any 'serious' way needs a certain degree of commitment which I can't always provide, hence mostly playing PVE.

Essentially, all these threads are boiling down to the simple answer of putting that quest back in its proper place and lets evolve from there.

1 person likes this

Posted

To be honest, if you are lvl 45 and just doing your crafting, there is a very slim chance you will be involved in an altercation with another player.

Most world PvP is the result of Guild wars or another player encroaching on some ones Grinding spot.

Posted

The amount of actual open world pvp going on isn't as high as alot of people say, nor is it as low as others say.

Posted

Oi, "carebears" and "old farts" are many and quite a sizeable chunk of a player base in any MMO, especially the top titles and those with a huge, complex, and mainly PvE world / environment. They also happen to pay at least the same if not quite a bit more than the average "PvP-PKer" to enjoy and support said games.

So, yeah, how about at least you spare us with your adolescent bravado, stay quiet in your little rat holes, and enjoy the game, it is a privilege and NOT your god damn right either. No one is scared of your moronic gung-ho non stop insults day in and day out. Git, git and shoo.

Hah, what with your sheltered little bubble threatening everyone with your little plastic weapons you fail keyboard warriors. Fine, go and do your own thing, no one is bothering you or the kind of game you want to play, But enough already with what many other people want to do and what is entertainment for them, and yeah, again, they PAY for it, and probably a lot more, who the feck you think is coughing up to run the servers YOU are also using for your "PvP heroics", and the whole chain behind them all the way to the dev team?

In real life you would have been slapped and sent back to your little room to cry (yep YOU would cry) and not allowed out for a week or two. You are privileged enough to have "internet anonymity" in a place like this Forum, be thankful for that, and just STFU and SHOO. Thanks.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

The amount of actual open world pvp going on isn't as high as alot of people say, nor is it as low as others say.

I think it is important to distinguish between PVP and griefing. The griefing percentage is probably even lower.

Again EVE handles griefing in that they provide systems for them so it got folded into the actual gameplay. If BDO had a similar system, then you could have a group of robbers on the road who could stop your a wagon, steal all your stuff and send you on your way. They could even be polite about it - lol. If you were AFK mining (fishing), then someone could just come up and steal your container full of rocks and, if they could get away with it, scam a naive player by telling them they were special rocks and to get 'em they just need to accept this contract.....

If BDO wants to be a full blooded PVP game they are going to have to get more systems in for PVP players to get their teeth into or griefing will become the PVP gameplay.

Still need that quest back tho'

Edited by ModerateOsprey
2 people like this

Posted

Oi, "carebears" and "old farts" are many and quite a sizeable chunk of a player base in any MMO, especially the top titles and those with a huge, complex, and mainly PvE world / environment. They also happen to pay at least the same if not quite a bit more than the average "PvP-PKer" to enjoy and support said games.

So, yeah, how about at least you spare us with your adolescent bravado, stay quiet in your little rat holes, and enjoy the game, it is a privilege and NOT your god damn right either. No one is scared of your moronic gung-ho non stop insults day in and day out. Git, git and shoo.

Hah, what with your sheltered little bubble threatening everyone with your little plastic weapons you fail keyboard warriors. Fine, go and do your own thing, no one is bothering you or the kind of game you want to play, But enough already with what many other people want to do and what is entertainment for them, and yeah, again, they PAY for it, and probably a lot more, who the feck you think is coughing up to run the servers YOU are also using for your "PvP heroics", and the whole chain behind them all the way to the dev team?

In real life you would have been slapped and sent back to your little room to cry (yep YOU would cry) and not allowed out for a week or two. You are privileged enough to have "internet anonymity" in a place like this Forum, be thankful for that, and just STFU and SHOO. Thanks.

Out of likes again but this was a precious read *wipes a silent tear for all little gung-ho rats* ;) 

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it is important to distinguish between PVP and griefing. The griefing percentage is probably even lower.

Again EVE handles griefing in that they provide systems for them so it got folded into the actual gameplay. If BDO had a similar system, then you could have a group of robbers on the road who could stop your a wagon, steal all your stuff and send you on your way. They could even be polite about it - lol. If you were AFK mining (fishing), then someone could just come up and steal your container full of rocks and, if they could get away with it, scam a naive player by telling them they were special rocks and to get 'em they just need to accept this contract.....

If BDO wants to be a full blooded PVP game they are going to have to get more systems in for PVP players to get their teeth into or griefing will become the PVP gameplay.

Still need that quest back tho'

This is true, You can't actually be a sort of bandit or pirate in this game and pillage other players for their goods so that you can make the money.

Posted

Yes it is true.

Nope. No one one forcing you to do anything. Are you being forced to play this game? Nope.

Nope.

And Nope.

1 person likes this

Posted

wat

you have this thing hooked up to a kinect or something? what is happening?

That's not very nice.

While I am only 27 I too have ailments that prevent me from even PVEing too long in this game. I was in a minor car accident a few years ago and hurt my wrist. Now MRI shows fluid in between the two small bones in my wrist which has caused pain similar to arthritis or carpel tunnel. I have to be really careful or my fingers lock up and my hand swells. Before my injury I loooooved PVP in games like Tekken, Soul Caliber ect, but now I can barely do PVE. I was leveling the other day and my hand started cramping so bad I had to stop playing completely for a few days. I am forced to mostly do life skills, explore ect as these activities are not as taxing on my hand/wrist.

My point is it could be anything, Carpel Tunnel, Arthritis, an accident, even not being as sharp mentally can make something fast past like PVP near impossible for some folks. Hell I've seen disabled people play games with their FEET! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh I forgot to give you the answer.

My bad.

To stop leveling before *ahem* forced leveling all you got to do is stop leveling.

Posted

Oh I forgot to give you the answer.

My bad.

To stop leveling before *ahem* forced leveling all you got to do is stop leveling.

err...you level doing the crafting, processing, fishing etc. - so you are saying, don't play the game at all? ....the problem people are having is that they have no choice to level if they want to play at all and that the NA/EU version has no mechanism to allow you to stop levelling, whereas all the other versions have.

Posted

err...you level doing the crafting, processing, fishing etc. - so you are saying, don't play the game at all? ....the problem people are having is that they have no choice to level if they want to play at all and that the NA/EU version has no mechanism to allow you to stop levelling, whereas all the other versions have.

Again with the *there is no choice* non-sense.

Posted

Again with the *there is no choice* non-sense.

You aren't the sharpest tool in the box, are you?

Your solution to how to stop levelling is to...stop levelling?... when any game activity means you level anyway. Your earlier reply made no sense. The OP asked if there was a way to stop levelling to avoid being a PVP target and still continue to play the low level parts of the game.

The answer is simply... there was in the form of a quest, but that choice has now been removed in our version, so that player has no choice but to stop playing or to join the unofficial suicide cult.

The choices are there, but not very palatable ones and God forbid, we try and help a fellow human being enjoy his/her game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It is ridiculous that we are expected to 'suicide' over and over to stay under the PVP level, when there already IS a system in place that would solve these issues. I'm not sure why so many people are ok with Daum's laziness. Basically instead of them moving a few lines of code over, they pushed the work onto us, forcing us to work to stay under a level, for no reason.

Either reset us back to how PVP is handled in the KR version or make the full changes to ours to the 45 system. Enough with the half assed work on a game we 'all' paid for.

Edited by mb52