• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PVP karma maybe solved Just add Jail system

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

(Cleaner Version)

short notes if you don't want to read wall of text lol

1. people that are concern about pk karma  will not have to worry about item dropping or gear dropping instead when red and get killed go straight to jail

2. reducing karma: Staying in jain do task while in jail will speed up the process of karma reduction or what lineage 2 did was kill mobs to reduce your karma or not sure if they will do this (pick up a quest for a sin eater which you level and when you return him depending on the level will reduce your karma by a percentage.

3. players that try to escape jail: need help for friend/guild with a boat bring back pk player to main island to  kill mobs to reduce karma but if caught and killed return back to jail

Before people bash that there already one a system like this in place, i am fully aware of the patch for KR version and its Jail System however, they never stated and we are not sure if we will get this at launch or month down the line. my suggestion i'm implying is to have Jail System at launch from the start. PVP/PK from what i read they have increase the level to do these types of activities in game to level 40 or 50 so by that time people will have Boats already been built. Okay now to my Idea/Suggestion, how the PK/Karma system that i have come up with that will solve the issue.it is a mix of Lineage2 and Archeage.

So as you all know in Real Life criminal that commit crime are sentenced to jail, depending on that crime will decide the penalty. Like the KR version jail system they have in place in Valencia, my suggestion is to apply throughout the map instead of one area so have two area that have a jail system, one area in the water example Alcatraz  (far from main land i’ll explain why) and one in the desert sulfur mines.

I am sure some people want to PK at times but have the concern about  accumulating massive amount of karma caused by being  greif by other player to abuse the karma system which in result have items breaking or being drop. my thoughts was  instead of worrying about gear armor/weapon/accessory just some item in your inventory dropping like potion ect. and once killed while red you just go straight to jail no option to respawn to node or town and do your time or try to escape. Example: in RL jail you lose your items but when you leave you get your belongings back intake after you finish your time served

Like in linage 2, if the both player initiate attack 1 attack 1 try to defend  both go purple if anyone of the player dies like in lineage 2 no penalty or karma, however if said player PK without the other defending pker goes red and if red player gets killed before reducing karma/getting rid of red tag player will not drop/or break items instead goes straight to jail area to do time or try to escape.

The Prison if they approved of this as a idea, is to place prison in the middle of ocean like Alcatraz, now i know Archeage had something similar to it but they allowed players way too easy to escape, from summoning boats and a small debuff however,  for BDO (this is where being social/guild helps)  since the NPC to summon a boat on the prison island you won't be given accesses to that option unless finishing your time. if however, you wish not to spend time in prison and want to go out and reduce your karma yourself in order to escape the prison in the water players will need the helping hand from guild/friend  for someone to summon a boat and ship you away. Once you have escape you will still be red but karma is reduce by a (little or not at all depends on DEV)   only way to reduce truly reduce the karma like lineage 2 did grind mobs however, if you are caught by another player if you kill him before he kills you increase of karma but if get killed by that player you go back to jail, which the player the help you from the prison island will have to bring his/her boat back and bring you back to main land again. for those trying to help break prisoner this method for some will be annoying but if you can't do the time it fits the crime =)

For those deciding to stick with it in prison, staying in jail will remove karma fast even faster when completing the mini game set in place. depending on how many times you kill a player will increase time spent in jail for example, kill once maybe 5 min or 10 can only leave if you finish your time or if the player had 20 kills timer last 1hr or longer or depending if this gets approved by devs time may change.

thank you for read the wall of text if you have any critsiim or could change it to imporve it please explain your opion or ideas to debate so it maybe improved
Edited by Selvaria Bles
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

All this should apply to you in real life.

also, there's already a pvp town coming up for us so i don't think this is needed.

Edited by Farkon

Posted

this it's taking it for valencia  korean patch as outlaw in the desert  but we will not get valencia for a while. i'm suggestions apply it everywhere 

Posted

i dont wanna do time LoL crap like this might happen lol

tumblr_lrldkh2cIp1r2g2dao1_500.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah but you can escape lol and if you pk or get grife for pkiing you wont drop gear or break items ect. you just due your time as punishment

Posted

i love a jail idea tho would be cool =)

1 person likes this

Posted

mini game how to make a shiv out of rocks or a toothbrush this just joking don't add this as mini game HAHAH

Posted

it solves the no dropping or breaking  of items or they can add the breaking armor durability but you can just repair it 

Posted

i love a jail idea tho would be cool =)

same but don't do it like archange did. i heard it was stupid 

Posted

same but don't do it like archange did. i heard it was stupid 

Never played archage but still i like the idea ^^ hell if you wanna be a outlaw go all out ya know? that would be cool for good player to bounty hunt and capture outlaws and bring them in

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i never played it either i heard some negative and positive about it. I assuming a lot want to pk/pvp but don't want to risk too big, just apply this system without the worry of gear/item drop except going jail or back to jail or having to repair of gear as a penalty for pking lol. this is just a idea of mine that might actually work with the pk karma system , as a better penalty than having gear break or item dropping. 

Edited by Selvaria Bles

Posted (edited)

Jail system  not only add the mini game to escape but place prison in the middle of ocean like alcatraz only way to escape have a buddy have a ship ready lol. only way to escape not just jail but the prison area HAHA

please support this as a possible solution, if not please say how this might not work i love to hear thought  what people feel as this could be a good solution to solve pk karma gear not dropping or breaking and as a penalty 

Edited by Selvaria Bles
1 person likes this

Posted

Jail system  not only add the mini game to escape but place prison in the middle of ocean like alcatraz only way to escape have a buddy have a ship ready lol. only way to escape not just jail but the prison area HAHA

all of that would be really cool! 

1 person likes this

Posted

all of that would be really cool! 

i know right have the prison in the middle of nowhere in the ocean the players that try to break you out of prison have to find it in that massive area ocean with a boat use energy just to find the island when rowing mini boat  lol altrazce in BDO HAHA  

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 for mentioning that PvP should a worldwide part of the game. Many people say this is a PvP game, but 90% of the games mechanic have nothing to do with combat or PvP.

Anyhow I have commented on this sort of topic a lot. Use me a search instrument and you should find many topics about this subject. If you want more details about anything I have said then please ask. I am always willing to debate the merits of a specific game design so I can learn more.

1 person likes this

Posted

A jail system like ot was on archeage was a joke and a waste of time, not an interesting mechanic. So I dunno.

Strongly against a system like AA's but another system.. eh, maybe.

Posted (edited)

A jail system like ot was on archeage was a joke and a waste of time, not an interesting mechanic. So I dunno.

Strongly against a system like AA's but another system.. eh, maybe.

appreciate your opinion/feedback. As i never played AA, i heard the stories about it but my idea a little different tho compared to what Archeage  implemented 
i know AA had a court system which people voted guilty or not for pking. you go to jail which was kinda to close to town, when you try to escape you get a debuff and can't do anything i believe.

* Were as my idea is you red you go straight to jail you have the ability to do stuff do task to get out or escape but even if you do escape you are on a island in order to leave island you need a buddy to break you out with a boat you cant just summon a bout like AA did, as the island very far away from main land and if your try to swing your way towards freedom swiming cost energy, which in result if you try to swim your way and run out of energy you die and go back to jail and even if you manage to  leave the island with your buddy that broke you out with the boat you are still red which have the chance to kill mobs to reduce your karma but choose your grind spot carefully because if someone finds and tries to kills you while red trying to reduce your karma  you go back to jail again which your buddy that try to help will get annoyed to break you out again, however if manage to kill the player that tries to kill you you increase your karma.

1. people that are concern about pk karma  doesn't have to worry about item dropping or gear dropping when red and get killed go straight to jail 

2. reducing karma: do task while in jail will increase karma reduction or stay logged in or what lineage 2 did was kill mobs to reduce your karma or pick up a quest for a sin eater which you lvl and when you return him depending on the lvl will reduce your karma by a percentage.
3. players that try to escape jail: read *

Edited by Selvaria Bles

Posted

appreciate your opinion/feedback. As i never played AA, i heard the stories about it but my idea a little different tho compared to what Archeage  implemented i know AA had a court system which people voted guilty or not for pking. you go to jail which was kinda to close to town, when you try to escape you get a debuff and can't do anything i believe.
Were as my idea is you red you go straight to jail you have the ability to do stuff do task to get out or escape but even if you do escape you are on a island in order to leave island you need a buddy to break you out with a boat you cant just summon a bout like AA did, as the island very far away from main land and if your try to swing you use energy, which result if you try to swing your way and run out of energy you die and go back to jail and even if you manage to  leave the island with your buddy that broke you out with the boat you are still red which have the chance to kill mobs to reduce your karma but choose your grind spot carefully because if someone finds and kills you while red trying to reduce your karma  you go back to jail again which your buddy that try to help will get annoyed to break you out again lol

Something like this might be ok as long as they arent essentially blocked from playing the game. Perhaps make it so after an hour or two, an npc can take them back to shore if they stayed in their cell the whole time, with a slight karma gain?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

thank you for your imput =) i need more criticism in order to improve or see why this might not work lol 

here a improvement thnx for the idea Fiain = maybe once you have completed your time on the island the right way, A NPC will give or you will receive through mail a get out jail ticket which you will have to go to a npc to ferry you out on the  boat to freedom. but for those sneak players guards should be in place for anyone trying to sneak on board the ship.
what do you think of the this? 

Edited by Selvaria Bles

Posted

All this should apply to you in real life.

also, there's already a pvp town coming up for us so i don't think this is needed.

a PVP town? Sounds great! Can you explain a little bit more please?

Posted (edited)

a PVP town? Sounds great! Can you explain a little bit more please?

i think he applying about valencia outlaw area but that korean patch, not sure if we will have that at launch or when they plan to launch for us in NA/EU . that is my guess what he trying to imply but it would be nice if he could explain what he means better =) but aside from that how do u feel about the idea =)

Edited by Selvaria Bles

Posted (edited)

http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/12/01/valencia-part-ii-update/

"New Jail system: low karma players will be sent to jail on death. Jail time increases depending on the amount of people you’ve killed in a certain period of time. You can reduce prison time by sulfur mining in the camp. You can also escape from the jail."

There's already a iteration of what the op is suggesting, so like i said I don't think that this is needed outside of the PvP/outlaw town area.

Although i still do agree with anti-greifing measures for both open world pvp outside the outlaw area and inside. I don't mind being set back somewhat if someone's greifing me, but if I can't progress at all... Then it becomes a problem.

Edited by Farkon

Posted

There is a jailsystem in Val. Pt2. Not having it before this with karma system it will be better for newer players.

- Jeasy

Posted (edited)

i am fully aware of the patch for korea however, they never stated and we are not sure if we will get this at launch or month down the line. my suggestion i'm implying is to have system at launch where as if pker dies and gains karma you are jailed in the middle of the ocean like alcatraz as for the valencia it will be the sulfur mining area. we need a system for launch time that might or could work with anti-griefing or that could be fair penalty for pking  is what i am suggesting as a solution having a mix system from Lineage 2 and archeage

i know no one want to stay stuck in the middle of nowhere in the jail system and want to get out and progress pk pvp i believe doesn't start till 50, by that time guild/friends/players have created boats and rafts to assist in the break out of said player  
or 
If they increase karma reduction by doing task or something and decided to stay and completed your time doing task on the island the right way, A NPC will give  get out jail ticket which you will have to go to a npc to ferry you out on the  boat to freedom. but for those sneak players guards should be in place for anyone trying to sneak on board the ship.

if you do escape you are on a island in order to leave island you need a buddy to break you out with a boat you cant just summon a bout like AA did, as the island very far away from main land and if your try to swing your way towards freedom swiming cost energy, which in result if you try to swim your way and run out of energy you die and go back to jail and even if you manage to  leave the island with your buddy that broke you out with the boat you are still red which have the chance to kill mobs to reduce your karma but choose your grind spot carefully because if someone finds and tries to kills you while red trying to reduce your karma  you go back to jail again which your buddy that try to help will get annoyed to break you out again, however if manage to kill the player that tries to kill you you increase your karma.

1. people that are concern about pk karma  doesn't have to worry about item dropping or gear dropping when red and get killed go straight to jail 

2. reducing karma: do task while in jail will increase karma reduction or stay logged in or what lineage 2 did was kill mobs to reduce your karma or pick up a quest for a sin eater which you lvl and when you return him depending on the lvl will reduce your karma by a percentage.
3. players that try to escape jail: read *

Edited by Selvaria Bles

Posted (edited)

(Cleaner Version)

short notes if you don't want to read wall of text lol

1. people that are concern about pk karma  will not have to worry about item dropping or gear dropping instead when red and get killed go straight to jail

2. reducing karma: Staying in jain do task while in jail will speed up the process of karma reduction or what lineage 2 did was kill mobs to reduce your karma or not sure if they will do this (pick up a quest for a sin eater which you level and when you return him depending on the level will reduce your karma by a percentage.

3. players that try to escape jail: need help for friend/guild with a boat bring back pk player to main island to  kill mobs to reduce karma but if caught and killed return back to jail

Before people bash that there already one a system like this in place, i am fully aware of the patch for KR version and its Jail System however, they never stated and we are not sure if we will get this at launch or month down the line. my suggestion i'm implying is to have Jail System at launch from the start. PVP/PK from what i read they have increase the level to do these types of activities in game to level 40 or 50 so by that time people will have Boats already been built. Okay now to my Idea/Suggestion, how the PK/Karma system that i have come up with that will solve the issue.it is a mix of Lineage2 and Archeage.

So as you all know in Real Life criminal that commit crime are sentenced to jail, depending on that crime will decide the penalty. Like the KR version jail system they have in place in Valencia, my suggestion is to apply throughout the map instead of one area so have two area that have a jail system, one area in the water example Alcatraz  (far from main land i’ll explain why) and one in the desert sulfur mines.

I am sure some people want to PK at times but have the concern about  accumulating massive amount of karma caused by being  greif by other player to abuse the karma system which in result have items breaking or being drop. my thoughts was  instead of worrying about stone breaking or dropping items instead you just go straight to jail no option to respawn to node or town and do your time or try to escape. Example: in RL jail you lose your items but when you leave you get your belongings back intake after you finish your time served

Like in linage 2, if the both player initiate attack 1 attack 1 try to defend  both go purple if anyone of the player dies like in lineage 2 no penalty or karma, however if said player PK without the other defending pker goes red and if red player gets killed before reducing karma/getting rid of red tag player will not drop/or break items instead goes straight to jail area to do time or try to escape.

The Prison if they approved of this as a idea, is to place prison in the middle of ocean like Alcatraz, now i know Archeage had something similar to it but they allowed players way too easy to escape, from summoning boats and a small debuff however,  for BDO (this is where being social/guild helps)  since the NPC to summon a boat on the prison island you won't be given accesses to that option unless finishing your time. if however, you wish not to spend time in prison and want to go out and reduce your karma yourself in order to escape the prison in the water players will need the helping hand from guild/friend  for someone to summon a boat and ship you away. Once you have escape you will still be red but karma is reduce by a (little or not at all depends on DEV)   only way to reduce truly reduce the karma like lineage 2 did grind mobs however, if you are caught by another player if you kill him before he kills you increase of karma but if get killed by that player you go back to jail, which the player the help you from the prison island will have to bring his/her boat back and bring you back to main land again. for those trying to help break prisoner this method for some will be annoying but if you can't do the time it fits the crime =)

For those deciding to stick with it in prison, staying in jail will remove karma fast even faster when completing the mini game set in place. depending on how many times you kill a player will increase time spent in jail for example, kill once maybe 5 min or 10 can only leave if you finish your time or if the player had 20 kills timer last 1hr or longer or depending if this gets approved by devs time may change.

thank you for read the wall of text if you have any critsiim or could change it to imporve it please explain your opion or ideas to debate so it maybe improved
Edited by Selvaria Bles
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0