• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

question for perma 44's

125 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

how is suiciding over and over all day to stay under pvp cap any different than getting pk'd after 45

i feel like if you spend that much time trying to die you might as well level and have fun

Edited by Twizted Sizter
im a derp
10 people like this

Posted

As a  fairly new player, I don't plan on doing this.  That just sounds like a waste of time.  From reading on the forums, seems there is always somewhere else to go, I don't have to be in the best spots all the time.  Most people seem to not get PKed that much in a month anyways.  I have actually slowed down in leveling to get some crafting done.  First MMO I think I have played where I have not felt the need to level right away.  I actually look forward to 45+, when I get around to it.  Just so much to do. :)

6 people like this

Posted

As a  fairly new player, I don't plan on doing this.  That just sounds like a waste of time.  From reading on the forums, seems there is always somewhere else to go, I don't have to be in the best spots all the time.  Most people seem to not get PKed that much in a month anyways.  I have actually slowed down in leveling to get some crafting done.  First MMO I think I have played where I have not felt the need to level right away.  I actually look forward to 45+, when I get around to it.  Just so much to do. :)

good for you, man. glad to hear you're enjoying it.

yeah take it at your own pace. i'm rushing levels but thats just cause i'm weird like that about levels.

1 person likes this

Posted

how is suiciding over and over all day to stay under pvp cap any different than getting pk'd after 45

i feel like if you spend that much time trying to die you might as well level and have fun

If they were killing mobs all day than I would agree, but many of them are doing non-combat activities such as AFK fishing, or trading, or leveling horses, etc.

Being killed during those activities disrupts those activities.

If you set up an AFK fish and go away from the PC to cook dinner for an hour, then 5 minutes later someone comes by and throws you in the water, that is 55 minutes wasted. Yet if they're only level 44, they know that won't happen.

9 people like this

Posted

I get to control how and when I die. I can protect my equipment, crystals, and I don't get interrupted when I am hyperfocusing on accomplishing a task. 

5 people like this

Posted

Also, perhaps simply to deny the satisfaction to the imbecile adolescent (literally and metaphorically) who has severe issues and is using a game (entertainment) to vent on other people. Their plague will recede if not fed, proven fact.

4 people like this

Posted

Because it is at YOUR discretion rather than someone else's and possibly an inconvenience when you are trying to get things done in a timely fashion. Additionally, your horse gets killed and/or wagon, yada, yada, yada. There is money required to recover those loses. Additionally, the horses are affected by taking hits on breedings which requires you to pay real life money to reset.

Look everyone has a right to play the game, they purchased, the way they want to play. I don't care if people PvP. In fact, I want people who LOVE PvPing to enjoy this game as much as I do. It isn't about me/mine or hit the highway, get a life, go kill yourself, delete, uninstall, being pathetic because you, me or anyone else chooses to play the game their way.

There are a lot of things about games, this game, people, etc. that are not understandable for everyone. Who cares? As long as people aren't trying to force you to do things their way, why should it matter?

Most of the 'keeping PvP at arm's reach' is from past experiences and attitudes being spouted by people who love to PvP regarding care bears and any other term you can think of to make the other person feel 'less than' a human being. It usually comes with a lot of ego exiting the mouth in terms of insults, rants, etc. Not my kind of fun. Rather I enjoy helping others and being kind to people, if they allow it.

So, to each their own and let's not hold it against each other because we want to play differently, eh? I am not triggered. I am, however, getting tired of this endless merry-go-round about PvE versus PvP, etc. If we could just all allow each group to be who they want to be and not participate in those things that are not interesting to us without making the other side feel like they are 'less than'.

Enjoy your life! Enjoy BDO! Enjoy PvE! Enjoy PvP! Enjoy life ....  

9 people like this

Posted

If they were killing mobs all day than I would agree, but many of them are doing non-combat activities such as AFK fishing, or trading, or leveling horses, etc.

Being killed during those activities disrupts those activities.

If you set up an AFK fish and go away from the PC to cook dinner for an hour, then 5 minutes later someone comes by and throws you in the water, that is 55 minutes wasted. Yet if they're only level 44, they know that won't happen.

i guess that makes some sense. i guess i didnt think about the cart thing.

if i dont like it, it's bad.

still awake, big guy?

Posted

So, to each their own and let's not hold it against each other because we want to play differently, eh? I am not triggered. I am, however, getting tired of this endless merry-go-round about PvE versus PvP, etc. If we could just all allow each group to be who they want to be and not participate in those things that are not interesting to us without making the other side feel like they are 'less than'.

That's why I really want PvP level back at 50 like KR or a quest to gate 45. 

Posted (edited)

Because it is at YOUR discretion rather than someone else's and possibly an inconvenience when you are trying to get things done in a timely fashion. Additionally, your horse gets killed and/or wagon, yada, yada, yada. There is money required to recover those loses. Additionally, the horses are affected by taking hits on breedings which requires you to pay real life money to reset.

I guess this makes sense. Still seems like a hell of a lot of work though.

Look everyone has a right to play the game, they purchased, the way they want to play. I don't care if people PvP. In fact, I want people who LOVE PvPing to enjoy this game as much as I do. It isn't about me/mine or hit the highway, get a life, go kill yourself, delete, uninstall, being pathetic because you, me or anyone else chooses to play the game their way.

I agree, though the roleplayers do tend to grate me sometimes but I don't think they mean to sound like a middle school performance of LOTR. At least I hope not.

There are a lot of things about games, this game, people, etc. that are not understandable for everyone. Who cares? As long as people aren't trying to force you to do things their way, why should it matter?

I was just trying to understand it. I'm an aggressive player, I'm planning on spending most of my time in fights of various sizes and shapes. PVE players fascinate me because I don't understand them, especially the suicide squad.

Most of the 'keeping PvP at arm's reach' is from past experiences and attitudes being spouted by people who love to PvP regarding care bears and any other term you can think of to make the other person feel 'less than' a human being. It usually comes with a lot of ego exiting the mouth in terms of insults, rants, etc. Not my kind of fun. Rather I enjoy helping others and being kind to people, if they allow it.

Yeah but to be fair, as a pvper in other games, I didnt like doing pve content much because I wasn't familiar with it and I tended to get chewed out pretty often by pve regulars. You get buttheads in every social circle, not just pvp guys.

Like I said, this wasn't meant to be inflammatory, I was just trying to understand.

Agreed.

That's why I really want PvP level back at 50 like KR or a quest to gate 45. 

might as well just gate it, otherwise you'll be perma 49 instead of 44.

Edited by Twizted Sizter
hugs aren't metal

Posted

You do understand most of the pve only players don't really care if it's 44 or 49 and just want to be locked out of PvP till they choose not to be right?

Posted

You are very reasonable and I never felt that you were anything less. Sometimes my communication sounds a bit aggressive when it is nothing more than me just trying to fully communicate my feelings or ideas :D 

KUDOS for wanting to understand and hopefully this helps BOTH sides... thanks for the post!

1 person likes this

Posted

You do understand most of the pve only players don't really care if it's 44 or 49 and just want to be locked out of PvP till they choose not to be right?

yeah but its dumb that they have to suicide to do it either way. just gate it at some point it doesnt matter when, as long as they stay that level until they choose to pvp, to prevent invincible player abuse mode.

You are very reasonable and I never felt that you were anything less. Sometimes my communication sounds a bit aggressive when it is nothing more than me just trying to fully communicate my feelings or ideas :D 

KUDOS for wanting to understand and hopefully this helps BOTH sides... thanks for the post!

yeah it made me change my opinion on the topic so theres that

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't know if my efforts qualify as being "perma 44" because I've gotten nowhere near level 40 yet. Highest character combat level is 22. I've just started alt-ing between two servers with the recent release of two of the other classes that I'm interested in. Those two chars are half 22 atm and helped to achieve the Knowledge Quest I was obsessed with:

2016-04-23_22535053.thumb.JPG.3a90be7415

Unless I purposefully shift focus towards combat leveling one of the alts its going to be awhile before I hit the 40's with either of them. I'm also interested in having (and developing) BOTH of the remaining unreleased characters. The game is highly enjoyable, needless to say there are other things to do to busy one's self out besides heavily pursuing the carrot-on-a-stick combat number in the upper left-hand-corner of the screen. Obviously players can do that if they want but that wasn't an automatic pursuit for me (it still isn't).

I'll not delete any character that does make it to lvl 40whateveritis. For now such a character will simply 'retire' while I focus on developing ALL of the characters that will flesh out my Family Dynasty.

Casual AF and lovin' it.

Edited by Solar
2 people like this

Posted

I think I slowed down leveling when I wanted more Energy and Contribution.  Needed more for crafting and nodes.  I got my first character to 35 and leveled 4 more to/near that cause it was easier.  But I do want to get one of my characters to 50 and beyond.  My plan was on my characters with life skills to level slow and just do those tasks and level, lets say, just a combat/leveling character.  But the OP, I would never start to kill off my xp on my characters.  Just seems counter productive.  

Posted (edited)

I had no plans to join the suicide squad with any of my characters until now that I am slowly creeping towards 45 on my main who I use almost entirely for life skills. It wasn't until I decided to invest more time in breeding and trading that I started to dread getting over 45. The idea of losing on breeding options on horses I train for days on end to get to high level only to randomly encounter someone who enjoys killing my horse and that happening more than once... well it got me thinking. Then the thought of the reason why I focus on life skills (relaxation) and how that reason goes completely against getting ganked, however rare it might be if lucky, made me decide to check how easy it is to lose the xp as a suicide squad member.

Turns out when done at the right spot with mobs able to kill you fast and a node very close to respawn at, not as time consuming as I expected it to be. Still goes against my nature, but I think I will keep that character below 45 and look at him as my relaxed getaway from combat. Alts I will take all the way since I only focus on life skills on 1 character.

Playing all classes though so still may take a long while before I reach that place, especially since my main is well, my main (duh) I will spend most of my time on that one.

I get to decide when I spend my time on killing my character a bunch of times in a row without losing any gems, trading good, breeding quality, etc instead of a random stranger at a moment I least expect it. Still having a blast on that character and still leveling him, it's just life skill levels instead of combat levels. Like I said before: alts are for combat, my main is for relaxed life skilling. :)

P.s. Nice to see a friendly thread on this topic. :D

Edited by Nighenhale
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

it'd probably be simpler just to revert pvp back to 50, since that's how it's already handled in other regions, so everything is already built for that scenario. 

Edited by quebae
1 person likes this

Posted

it'd probably be simpler just to revert pvp back to 50, since that's how it's already handled in other regions, so everything is already built for that scenario. 

There the enabling of pvp is account wide though, I would not like that. I do agree that the lvl 49-50 quest pvp gate would be awesome to be implemented again, would save me a lot of suicides on my main. :)

Posted

lol pvers are sad....

Posted (edited)

There the enabling of pvp is account wide though, I would not like that. I do agree that the lvl 49-50 quest pvp gate would be awesome to be implemented again, would save me a lot of suicides on my main. :)

So you could pk a level 1 player so long as they have an alt past the pvp level threshold? If so that seems like a terrible oversight on their side. I'd say keep the 50 gate quest, bring pvp enabled back to 50, and keep account wide pvp out of our version if that's truly a thing. 

Edited by quebae
1 person likes this

Posted

Why not just stop playing? That's a form of control too, yah know. 

Not trolling is a form of control as well, maybe a lesson to be learned?

lol pvers are sad....

...so far this topic was friendly, why not keep it that way?

So you could pk a level 1 player so long as they have an alt past the pvp level threshold? If so that seems like a terrible oversight on their side. I'd say keep the 50 gate quest, bring pvp enabled back to 50, and keep account wide pvp out of our version if that's truly a thing. 

Yeah I believe that is how it works there, but I am only talking from hearsay so don't take my word for it. :)

2 people like this

Posted

I am definitely pro 50 quest PER character. If you only had to do it once it's be greifapolooza on alts and no one needs that. Well except griefers and they don't count.

Posted

I'm not the idiot who is so terrified of being beaten in a game that I intentionally flip over the board ever few hours on the off chance that someone else might do it on my behalf.

Who is talking about being terrified? We are talking about maximizing our fun for our life skill based characters. It's a huge game within this game that I enjoy a lot. Don't worry, we won't be lying awake at night in fear of mighty warriors that focus on killing players that are not wearing their armor... wait, who was terrified again? Is it those gankers? Hmm... maybe nobody is terrified and it is all in your head?

Posted

2caefa8a44d0058ad8697080d0d1ae54.jpgth?id=OIP.M9f0c68b4cc1e51bac03db52ac3577

Posted

I get to control how and when I die. I can protect my equipment, crystals, and I don't get interrupted when I am hyperfocusing on accomplishing a task. 

You don't lose crystals when you get killed in pvp....