• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

question for perma 44's

125 posts in this topic

Posted

You don't lose crystals when you get killed in pvp....

Well that's good, still don't want to deal with it.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm still baffled as to why you're evening playing. 

I like to play in the morning tbh.

3 people like this

Posted

Don't need to be in PVP level to do what we want in the game is the basic answer to give you as a fellow PVEr.

Don't worry, when we (along with the people in the same playstyle) grow tired we will either take the risk or leave... you will know when that happens in a sized volume 9_9

Posted (edited)

This whole debate, and issue could easily be resolved if...The level 50 quest was still available. I was a long time PvEr and you couldn't pay me to get anywhere close to PvP, so I understand that side, but I also realized I was robbing myself of a whole other aspect of gaming.

I get the PvE players feelings, but I am genuinely curious if, or how many of you have tried to PvP? Now I'm not gonna mock or belittle anyone if they are adamant about not touching it, but maybe, just maybe you might find that you enjoy it and open yourself up to a whole new gaming experience. If you have, and hate it, fine that's understandable.

As I said, you couldn't get me to go anywhere near PvP for years, but one day I got my toes wet and found I really enjoyed it, be it structured arena-esque type of PvP or open world, randomness. 

Edited by Sigilor

Posted

This whole debate, and issue could easily be resolved if...The level 50 quest was still available. I was a long time PvEr and you couldn't pay me to get anywhere close to PvP, so I understand that side, but I also realized I was robbing myself of a whole other aspect of gaming.

I get that PvE players feelings, but I am genuinely curious if, or how many of you have tried to PvP? Now I'm not gonna mock or belittle anyone if they are adamant about not touching it, but maybe, just maybe you might find that you enjoy it and open yourself up to a whole new gaming experience. If you have, and hate it, fine that's understandable.

As I said, you couldn't get me to go anywhere near PvP for years, but one day I got my toes wet and found I really enjoyed it, be it structured arena-esque type of PvP or open world, randomness. 

For me, I despise it.  I been ganked in AA and L2, done BGs in WoW (only to get a transmog) and it just does nothing for me.  Planting a farm, making crafting, selling those to others, and trading.. that is what I love to do... "see thing grow" if you will.  I would rather take my time to make things for you, the PVPer, to enjoy that aspect with your fellow PVPers and in the upcoming Castles and Nodes and other stuff.  

A PVEr just wants to be at peace, and craft, explore, and RP... why is that so hard?  We just want what you enjoy, just play it different in our own corner of the game :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I know your threats matter little to me because I don't care what happens to the game. But, hey, it was worth a shot, right?

You aren't important. Cease assuming that you are. 

Never said I was nor was my words threatening in any fashion, may want to re-read the 2nd sentence since it was a generalization to answer your main question.  

To rephrase, we (the 44s) who do get to that point will either take the leap to 45 onward, or we will just leave.  Hopefully that clarifies that up

Posted

There the enabling of pvp is account wide though, I would not like that. I do agree that the lvl 49-50 quest pvp gate would be awesome to be implemented again, would save me a lot of suicides on my main. :)

Can anyone confirm or negate this? Would seem odd, but dont know as im still hovering at level 40 doing horsey things, but have urge to get a toon to pvp level,45+ but would be nice to know my horse guy is going to be able to about his things at night etc without fear of horse or cart deaths :)

Posted

I get the PvE players feelings, but I am genuinely curious if, or how many of you have tried to PvP? Now I'm not gonna mock or belittle anyone if they are adamant about not touching it, but maybe, just maybe you might find that you enjoy it and open yourself up to a whole new gaming experience. If you have, and hate it, fine that's understandable.

while I have nothing against PvP, I have no desire to waste what little time I do have to play doing something that I don't have the time to get better at. 

I work 7 days a week.  At best, iI have 2 hours a day to play.  Even if I spent every minute of my play time PvPingi will always be behind the skill curve.  On top of that things like world bosses will always be something I will miss out on,  unless they would spawn between 4-5pm eastern. 

I would love to have 4-12 hours a day to do nothing but sit and play bdo, but I don't.  So I would much rather stay below the pvp level and do the parts of the game I can do and enjoy doing unmolested.  

That's not to say that I will never go above 45 but it's certainly not something I'm in any kind of rush to do. 

Posted

I have done my fair share of different types of PvP and tbh only 2 games did it for me: Warhammer Online and Elder Scrolls Online. The sieges were things I enjoyed, but I always preferred to play them as a healer keeping the rest up to the best of my abilities (yup, even in PvP I am a carebear at heart) and that is and won't be an option in BDO. I have never enjoyed 1vs1 or small scale PvP or large scale as a dpser and those are/will be the only options in this game. So I do not see a future for me in this game relating to PvP.

Luckily I love the life skills and combat and I consider this to be the best game I played in ages, so I am happy with where I am and can only hope they will implement the quest again and if not or until then I don't mind a suicide run or two...or thousands in the long run since they don't take too much time anyway.

Can anyone confirm or negate this? Would seem odd, but dont know as im still hovering at level 40 doing horsey things, but have urge to get a toon to pvp level,45+ but would be nice to know my horse guy is going to be able to about his things at night etc without fear of horse or cart deaths :)

No worries, that is the way it works (as far as I know) in Korea and not here. I doubt that IF Daum would reintroduce 50+ PvP that they would also take that bit from the Korean version. Your alts are safe here. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

After I leveled to 45 all I've done is grind last couple weeks. Only time I was pk'd by a ranger speedhacker... people need to stop overblowing random ganks... the karma system is pretty punishing.

Posted

Also, perhaps simply to deny the satisfaction to the imbecile adolescent (literally and metaphorically) who has severe issues and is using a game (entertainment) to vent on other people. Their plague will recede if not fed, proven fact.

This. Its a spite not fear. I am not here to amuse idiots and I will not provide them with fun. 

Posted

Tips of not getting pk or of not losing your armor ETC.

Step 1 - Take of you equipment. crystals, ETC.

Step 2 - Do whichever activity

Step 3 ???

Step 4 Profit

Yes you will still probably get killed, but only if you provoke it.

If you fishing, find a spot where no one is, make a boot go to a random island or fish off your boat.

If you trading ETC, try switch channels, if that doesn't work, then consider getting use to it or try out other servers.

Posted (edited)

I get the PvE players feelings, but I am genuinely curious if, or how many of you have tried to PvP? 

I am not a PvE player. I happily PvP in other games. I just refuse to "PvP" in this one because I think its a pathetic excuse for PvP.

Also that tangiers is a retard can you people please stop quoting the moron thank you.

Edited by Kat
3 people like this

Posted

I am not a PvE player. I happily PvP in other games. I just refuse to "PvP" in this one because I think its a pathetic excuse for PvP.

Also that tangiers is a retard can you people please stop quoting the moron thank you.

In what way? Because it isn't a structured, everyone's equal, arena style?

Posted

It's different in a couple of ways.

1. You have control over your deaths when you suicide.

2. You can leave your characters AFK fishing or auto looping in combat zones.

3. You don't even have to think about PVP if you don't feel like engaging in it.

I'm eventually going to level my characters past the cap, but I want to accumulate a good deal of money and set up my farms/node connections before I venture into PVP content.  I really don't get why people are so aggressive about making other people conform to what they think is the best play style.  Everyone's different, get over it.

Posted

I've been playing MMOs since original Everquest. I have done PvP in many MMOs including MMOs that were mostly PvP like Warhammer Online. I don't like it. I can sometimes deal with it if I am in the mood but having the constant possibility of being ganked when I am busy doing other things, no thanks. It's just stress I don't need. I do not find it 'exciting' I find it annoying. Other people like that sort of thing and for them it breaks up what they find to be monotonous, but I don't feel that way. 

Posted

In what way? Because it isn't a structured, everyone's equal, arena style?

Because it goes against my principles - supports ganking, nullifies skill and doesnt give even remotely a resemblance of equal footing yes. Plus hacks.

Posted

Because it goes against my principles - supports ganking, nullifies skill and doesnt give even remotely a resemblance of equal footing yes. Plus hacks.

The game has never claimed to be an equal playing field, as for skill, a certain amount of it does come into play. If you know how to play your class, that takes some skill, instead of just mindlessly pressing buttons,  but it's your views and your beliefs and that's that. The fear of being ganked is blown out of proportion, and as for hacks...They exist in every game so that point is moot. 

Posted

I'm still baffled as to why you're evening playing. 

Is it really so hard to understand that people find different parts of this game more or less enjoyable than you do?  Come on, you're smarter than that.

Posted

Careful, you replied to her. Attracting Kat's attention means a /ignore can't be far off.

Well, you see I replied in a civil, non-antagonistic way. If that's worthy of an ignore on her behalf, okay then.

Posted

That's why I really want PvP level back at 50 like KR or a quest to gate 45. 

Should never have been changed in the first place.  we should have the game Korea has...not some variation shouted for and pandered to by whiny forum kids.

1 person likes this

Posted

lol pvers found a way to stop being flag for pvp and its sent pvper into a hissy fit bahahahahahahaha

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The game has never claimed to be an equal playing field, as for skill, a certain amount of it does come into play. If you know how to play your class, that takes some skill, instead of just mindlessly pressing buttons,  but it's your views and your beliefs and that's that. The fear of being ganked is blown out of proportion, and as for hacks...They exist in every game so that point is moot. 

The game has never claimed that those who oppose ganking are going to be fooled and tricked into gankers paradise as well. Again, it is not a fear, I refuse to give satisfaction to those who sneakily tried to force PvP on everyone. If that wasnt the case I would have no problem with it. I paid money for this game and I am going to get my money worth but, again, I refuse to comply with "rules" that disrespect anyone.

And stop with the "fear", you people have no idea what fear is. I really wish I could drag you out of your safe little bubbles and show you how exactly harsh a world can be. I bet you would develop at least some empathy and respect for those who have different opinions than you. (Just to clarify - this paragraph is meant generally, not for anyone in particular)

Well, you see I replied in a civil, non-antagonistic way. If that's worthy of an ignore on her behalf, okay then.

Unless you start with insults I will not ignore you. I only ignore very obtuse people not worth my time explaining or those who are plain obnoxious.

Edited by Kat

Posted

I really could not care less what they do. I'll be the first to admit that the game at 50+ is a desolate wasteland of grinding, punctuated by rare, brief, spasmodic fits of violence. But artificially chaining yourself to 44 because of the off-chance that you might get jumped at some point seems insane. According to most people, they don't even grind (why would they? It would be pointless)... so when exactly are they going to get attacked regardless? While AFK fishing?

Bear with me here, I know this is a wild concept: they don't want to PVP.  

I know, I know, it's insane.  Other people don't enjoy the same things as you and don't necessarily want to play the game the same way. 

Posted

The game has never claimed that those who oppose ganking are going to be fooled and tricked into gankers paradise as well. Again, it is not a fear, I refuse to give satisfaction to those who sneakily tried to force PvP on everyone. If that wasnt the case I would have no problem with it. I paid money for this game and I am going to get my money worth but, again, I refuse to comply with "rules" that disrespect anyone.

And stop with the "fear", you people have no idea what fear is. I really wish I could drag you out of your safe little bubbles and show you how exactly harsh a world can be. I bet you would develop at least some empathy and respect for those who have different opinions than you.

I have in no way belittled or disrespected your views, and beliefs. However, don't presume to suggest I have no idea what "fear" is. I've lived outside that "safe little bubble" while I was enlisted in the military. 

I'm merely trying to understand both sides, and as I've said, this whole issue can be fixed just by reinstating the level 50 quest. Instead of perpetuating the schism between PvPers and PvErs, why can't we all just come together and say "Hey, but the 50 quest back in!"

1 person likes this