• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

intervew My Black Desert Online Interview With Project Manager Daniel Loehr

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey all,

Two days ago I had the pleasure to interview Project Manager Daniel Loehr. Since he gave me quite a lot of interesting info on stuff like Ninja/Kunoichi/Valencia/awakening weapons releases, random stats when leveling, +20 enchanting, future events and quite a lot more, I thought I'd share. Hope you don't mind. 

You can find it here:
 http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04/24/black-desert-online-interview-project-manager-talks-future-content-balancing-and-much-more/

Edited by Abriael
noob typo
4 people like this

Posted

Yay my class gets pushed even further out.....  Balance... give me a break you can't even balance what you have now why worry about one class all of a sudden.

Posted

39 minutes? Nah.

That's why there's a summary?

Posted

Yay my class gets pushed even further out.....  Balance... give me a break you can't even balance what you have now why worry about one class all of a sudden.

There is in fact a balance.

Posted

Thanks for the link and having done the interview!

I'll have to watch the whole video, but based on the summary it looks like you've got some good information out of them.

That approach to Ninja is kind of odd. Most classes in MMO's undergo a balancing act, very very few release in their final state. Seems strange to me to hold it back to rebalance when it's playable elsewhere already.

Posted

Hey all,

Two days ago I had the pleasure to interview Project Manager Daniel Loehr. Since he gave me quite a lot of interesting info on stuff like Ninja/Kunoichi/Valencia/awakening weapons releases, random stats when leveling, +20 enchanting, future events and quite a lot more, I thought I'd share. Hope you don't mind. 

You can find it here:
 http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04/24/black-desert-online-interview-project-manager-talks-future-content-balancing-and-much-more/

I was actually putting this in the news and announcements section when you posted here :)

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/76729-pm-belsazars-interview-with-dualshockers/

Posted

was hoping to read something about trading fix to have it in game without abuse by goldselling asshats...

Posted

Thanks for posting :) Will watch that when I take a food break later

Posted

well +20 is confirmed.... so much for my hopes of a balanced pvp system (not that they were high to begin with :P). 

Posted (edited)

well +20 is confirmed.... so much for my hopes of a balanced pvp system (not that they were high to begin with :P). 

They're gonna rebalance it before it's implemented tho. Better than nothing, I'd say. Let's see how it works.

Edited by Abriael

Posted

They're gonna rebalance it before it's implemented tho. Better than nothing, I'd say. Let's see how it works.

That's fair, though if there's no way to get around the rng (which exists with accessories right now) then there's no point. I reallllly hate systems that rewards luck.

1 person likes this

Posted

There is in fact a balance.

riiiight.... That's why the game is 85%-90% ranged right....

Posted

That's why there's a summary?

Dont mind Tangiers, they're fiestily shit posting all over general today.

Posted

None of it matters because of the giant deuce that is the cash shop that is smeared all over the game.

Posted

As keen as i am to see Kuno in the game, I'm kind of OK with the delay. Yeah, It sucks for those who want to main it, But better to wait for the new version than have a broken class that gets patched a few weeks later. 

Its nice that that they were open about the delay and the reason for it as early as they are. I imagine the Forums would have been crushed under the weight of the tears if they only told us the day before. 

1 person likes this

Posted

• +20 enchanting for equipment will come to the western servers, but Daum Games Europe reached an agreement with the development team to rebalance the bonuses in order to partially close the gap between the steps, that in Korea is rather extreme.

WE DID IT BOYS!

YES YES YES! 

Posted

+20 is coming 

Posted

As keen as i am to see Kuno in the game, I'm kind of OK with the delay. Yeah, It sucks for those who want to main it, But better to wait for the new version than have a broken class that gets patched a few weeks later. 
Its nice that that they were open about the delay and the reason for it as early as they are. I imagine the Forums would have been crushed under the weight of the tears if they only told us the day before. 

Yeah it just sucks.  Not that I can do anything about it.  Just roll with the "punches".  Personally I'd rather play a gimped class and play it slow to 50 while they balance, but you know there are those people that would rush to 50 then complain.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0