• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help with new pc

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi i was just wondering if someone could help me on a pc for this game was links to pre built ones would be great my budget is around 700-1000$

Posted

This is just off the top of my head for that price range, I haven't done any checking because I'm lazy right now.

Get you an i3, a geforce 960, and 8 gigs of ram, 500gb-1tb hdd. Hopefully you have a mouse,keyboard, and monitor (speakers or headset).

next up ,if you can afford it, get an i5, geforce 970, 16 gigs of ram, 256-500gb SSD

Posted

Remember that for games you can sacrifice processor and ram power for GPU, so if you dont have large budget look into getting cheaper CPU and better GPU, I would recommend building one yourself as it will be cheaper. I can take a look at best components for your budget when I get to work.

Posted

You prefer Nvidia or AMD?

Incase you gonna build one yourself, any old components that can be used from the old one? saves alot.

Posted

Consider a 2nd hand GPU. GTX 970/R9 290+ for high+very high at a solid 60fps at 1080p.

i5 4xxx+ / fx8xxx+ 

8gb ram

Advise: wait for both NVidia and AMD to launch their new 16 and 14nm architecture for better performance in Q2/3 this year.

- Jeasy

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

How about this build:

• CPU - Intel Core i5-4690 - A decent quad core CPU for gaming and everyday use for $200 - BUY
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3 - Nothing fancy, it's a decent buget/lower mid range mobo for $63 - BUY
  • Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 970 - A rather powerful, modern Nvidia card that'll handle anything you throw at it including the Oculus Rift for $350 - BUY
  • RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 - A basic kit, it might be worth going for 16GB now but still a decent budget option for $38 - BUY
  • Case - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Mid Tower - A rather good basic case for $60 - BUY
  • Storage - WD Blue 1TB  - A decent 1TB size for OS, games, and programs for $45 - BUY
  • PSU - EVGA 500 W1 80+ - A 500W power supply for a build that'll require no more than 400, it'll cost ya $40 - BUY

This build would currently cost you a little under $800, be warned though that some of these items are on sale so it won't stay that way. If you need to downgrade something change the GTX 970 for a 960, you won't be able to go over 1080p but most games will still run flawlessly around the 1080p mark on with everything maxed out. If you can upgrade something then go for RAM, and/or get an SSD to make things run a little smoother.

Also note that although Linux is free, a legal copy of Windows will still charge you if you don't already have a key. On getting Windows get 7 and if you want upgrade to 10. DO NOT BUY 10 as it's still free for 7 and 8 users; also DO NOT BUY 8 as that's still a peice of crap.

Edited by Tibs

Posted

why is amd so much cheaper than intel even tho the specs on amd are higher? and ty to everyone who has replied im very noob with these kinds of things

Posted (edited)

4.5 Ghz doesn't always mean it is faster than for example a 4.0 Ghz. 
1833 mhz ram doesn't always mean it is better than a 1600 mhz. Timings also add to this. 
Not each 256GB SSD is as fast because it shares the 'ssd' in the title. 

Try comparing things at graphic card comparison and processor comparison for graphic cards and processors. 

- Jeasy

Edited by Jeasy

Posted

why is amd so much cheaper than intel even tho the specs on amd are higher? and ty to everyone who has replied im very noob with these kinds of things

You get what you pay for, amd is alright if you are on a budget, but don't expect near intel level performance.

Posted

Consider a 2nd hand GPU. GTX 970/R9 290+ for high+very high at a solid 60fps at 1080p.

i5 4xxx+ / fx8xxx+ 

8gb ram

Advise: wait for both NVidia and AMD to launch their new 16 and 14nm architecture for better performance in Q2/3 this year.

- Jeasy

i was about to upgrade my motherboard and CPU too.. any source on their upcoming releases (intel) ?
their main site?

ty in advance!

Posted

i was about to upgrade my motherboard and CPU too.. any source on their upcoming releases (intel) ?their main site?

ty in advance!

There is non. However, there are multiple articles written about Nvidia Pascal series and AMD Arctic Islands. 

Intel releases? I was talking about graphic cards :P 

Any i5 4th gen+ or fx8k+ will do fine as a processor. Heck, even an I5 3xxx would do fine, I wouldn't go lower than 3th gen tho :P 

cpuboss.com and gpuboss.com is your friend. Take care that gpuboss is a little nvidia biased as they sometimes lower the clock speeds on the amd side ;) 

- Jeasy

Posted

There is non. However, there are multiple articles written about Nvidia Pascal series and AMD Arctic Islands. 

Intel releases? I was talking about graphic cards :P 

Any i5 4th gen+ or fx8k+ will do fine as a processor. Heck, even an I5 3xxx would do fine, I wouldn't go lower than 3th gen tho :P 

cpuboss.com and gpuboss.com is your friend. Take care that gpuboss is a little nvidia biased as they sometimes lower the clock speeds on the amd side ;) 

- Jeasy

nah, going for an i7 atleast.. might go for a 6th gen..
I wanna pick up my 3d modelling and animating again! (yes, it wont be JUST for gaming.. thats just the bonus xD )

Was thinking about the Haswell-E Core i7 5820K for processor and the Asus X99 Deluxe motherboard.

Posted

nah, going for an i7 atleast.. might go for a 6th gen..I wanna pick up my 3d modelling and animating again! (yes, it wont be JUST for gaming.. thats just the bonus xD )

Was thinking about the Haswell-E Core i7 5820K for processor and the Asus X99 Deluxe motherboard.

The new I7 6700K seems to be a bit more powerful. However, is the processor a thing at 3d modelling and rendering, I thought so, right? Cores are rather important here. A hyperthreaded hexacore should do great, right? Than you shouldn't  go skylake(its hyper 4 core), or wait until they release a hexa-skylake. 

RAM is rather cheap these days... I can now get 16 giggs for the price I bought 8 giggs 18 months ago.

- Jeasy

Posted

The new I7 6700K seems to be a bit more powerful. However, is the processor a thing at 3d modelling and rendering, I thought so, right? Cores are rather important here. A hyperthreaded hexacore should do great, right? Than you shouldn't  go skylake(its hyper 4 core), or wait until they release a hexa-skylake. 

RAM is rather cheap these days... I can now get 16 giggs for the price I bought 8 giggs 18 months ago.

- Jeasy

i already have 32gb of ram mate. ram is not the issue :P 
want to slowly upgrade my motherboard and cpu to a newer generation. but if i go spending 800 eu now on 2 parts and some months later a newer and better gen comes out.. i'd feel like i just made a shitty purchase :P 

Posted

i already have 32gb of ram mate. ram is not the issue :P 
want to slowly upgrade my motherboard and cpu to a newer generation. but if i go spending 800 eu now on 2 parts and some months later a newer and better gen comes out.. i'd feel like i just made a shitty purchase :P 

Z170 boards

Posted

The reason why AMD are cheaper is because they perform worse and have to reduce costs to compete with Intels products. 

One of the reasons they perform worse is because of an Intel scandal involving the compiler purposefully running slower for anything that isn't marked as 'genuineintel'

http://m.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1567108/intel-compiler-cripples-code-amd-via-chips

Another possible reason is because AMD needs to compete with Intels products. It is well known that in the past, Intel would pay off retailers to not stock AMD products at all in an attempt to create a monopoly. By selling cheaper hardware they create a market and demand for customers that would not be able to afford the Intel equivalent.

Unrelated to gaming: AMD Quadro cards are the best cards for 3D rendering and animation. 

Posted

yep same goes with the GPU.

I'm hoping the Polaris cards from AMD will rock. Nvidia is leading people around with the Pascal, Pascal might delayed. But Polaris will be coming out soon, I want to see those benchmarks.

Posted

MZ-V5P512B_LG.JPG

Seriously thinking of getting this, what do you guys think?

Posted

MZ-V5P512B_LG.JPG

Seriously thinking of getting this, what do you guys think?

Personally, I had the same dilemma but came to the conclusion that for roughly the same price you can get a Samsung 850 Pro 1TB - which is double the storage space and the difference in performance will be hardly noticeable regardless of what theoretical benchmarks might imply.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0