• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Auto-looping Inside of Cities

16 posts in this topic

Posted

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.  (And yes, I've seen another thread re this, but I can't find it to add my $.02 silver to it.)

FFS, the cities are laggy as hell, and it's wagonmageddon. It's bad enough that the servers are laggy (there are TONS of recent threads on this), we shouldn't have to be on foot and get run over by 4,293 wagons going back and forth, and back, and forth, and back and forth.

Can't see NPCs. Can't see where I'm going. Run into walls. It takes me longer to use storage, sell and repair than it does to go do stuff outside of the cities now.

There's plenty of safe places to level up. Can we please restrict auto-pathing in the cities? It's really REALLY bad.

4 people like this

Posted

We should get an option to shut off other players while in safe zones...  

2 people like this

Posted

I honestly think that's the best bet there. There's really no reason to see most players except when in danger of being PKed in combat zones. It's different if you're needing to see guildies or group members but that's it. There is no interaction I'll be having with 99% of other players outside of guild/group.

Posted

I kinda like seeing other players' names and funny things they do, etc. I can't think of any MMOs I've played that didn't have FPS drops in high pop cities.

Now if there was an option to hide those freaking wagons, that'd be SWEET! :)

Posted

I'd lol if Daum/PA removed horse exp in safe zones.

"Oh sure... you can afk level your precious ponies... but you have to do it out in the combat zones".  Then listen to all the whining about how they died to a PK mid-way through the night and didn't get any juicy exp.

Posted

I'm fine with them auto-looping in cities and safe zones. If you don't like it, then go kill the PKers that kill people that are auto-looping outside of safe zones. ...this is why they do it. 

...I'm fine with the game as is in both aspects btw (pk and auto-looping).

Posted

+1 they really need to do something to clear up the clutter in cities. it's terrible.

1 person likes this

Posted

When I'm in my house cooking, I get lower fps than when I'm out in the field blowing stuff up because all the horses run right past my front door. :(

Posted (edited)

I honestly think that's the best bet there. There's really no reason to see most players except when in danger of being PKed in combat zones. It's different if you're needing to see guildies or group members but that's it. There is no interaction I'll be having with 99% of other players outside of guild/group.

I really don't want BDO to turn into WoW Garrisons 2.0.

Seeing other players is nice.

What we need is to prevent non-immersive crap from piling on this game.

I think auto-loop should have a simple set of restrictions: Cannot go To, From and perhaps not even Through a major City.

There are other safe areas in the game, and you can use characters below 45 to do it.

Edited by Nurvus

Posted

afk auto-looping in cities is all reward for zero risk.  character progression should be ATK, not AFK, but since they're going to allow AFK, the least they should do is kick the vagrants out of the cities.

Posted

I don't care about players walking afk in towns, but a bunch of wagons autolooping inside towns is just annoying as hell.

Just safely autoloop your wagons frpom town to town with a below 45 alt.

Posted (edited)

I think auto-loop should have a simple set of restrictions: Cannot go To, From and perhaps not even Through a major City.

There are other safe areas in the game, and you can use characters below 45 to do it.

Exactly.

And regardless of what today's patch brings, I doubt it will resolve the rendering and FPS issues within cities where wagon auto loops are epidemic.

*edit* re patch (is on 4/27-28)
http://tinyurl.com/hlb8y6t

Edited by JezzaBelle
add info

Posted

I don't tend to get high fps drops but seeing about 20-30 wagons just riding up and down 1 street in a city is just annoying and for people with lower spec pcs would clearly lower their fps alot than normal. There should be an option to hide wagons/horses in safe zones. 

Posted

Blade and soul has the option to hide players, they only show their nametags in this case.

Posted

I don't tend to get high fps drops but seeing about 20-30 wagons just riding up and down 1 street in a city is just annoying and for people with lower spec pcs would clearly lower their fps alot than normal. There should be an option to hide wagons/horses in safe zones. 

It's just like Cylencha said. There's no need to have afk looping in cities where people need to merch, repair, craft, cook, etc. Period.

And btw, because there are so many clustered in one spot, map chat reported a ganker in Altinova taking care of that city's issue. So maybe it's not a great idea to have PKers see the most commonly known routes.

Either way, it's bad for people legitimately using the city between quests/speed leveling, and it's going to get bad for people auto looping (easy prey for PK).

Posted

Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing - I'll probably rephrase my suggestion : Option to hide wagons/horses that are auto looping. Thus you won't see them and you'd get less fps drops if there is a lot of them.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0