• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why did they remove the cost of a 1 sided war?

41 posts in this topic

Posted

an you missed the point that a 2 sided dec negates all costs so if the 20 man team wanted to pvp they should get an agreed war dec

im not trying to take it away im trying to get it to return to normal the way it was when it started

it has always been this way for EU/NA.  it already is normal.

an agreed war dec? what is this? play time at school? 

1 person likes this

Posted

This really needs to be reintroduced. 

Posted

Why does it no longer cost a guild $$$ each hour to war dec when its not returned?

this is causing the biggest guild to be able to just bully everyone with no cost on them and only hurt those who cant do anything but change channels and hope they don't follow.

I agree with OP I saw big guild massacre small guilds on red nose just for fun. 

Posted

I agree with OP I saw big guild massacre small guilds on red nose just for fun. 

pro tip: red nose is up on every channel when it spawns

if you reintroduce war upkeeps it will make the situation much worse.  guilds will have to have a much higher member count to keep up with the cost and you will get zerged even more.  

also adding it to avoid situations like at world bosses solves nothing.  a guild will war you for 1 hour, kill the boss then undeclare.  It would be much better loot than the guild bosses and much cheaper to maintain for that guild.

Posted

it has always been this way for EU/NA.  it already is normal.

an agreed war dec? what is this? play time at school? 

no it was originally u payed per hour on a 1 sided war dec in NA and eu sorry get your facts straight kid

Posted

if you reintroduce war upkeeps it will make the situation much worse.  guilds will have to have a much higher member count to keep up with the cost and you will get zerged even more.  

'Scuse me while I laugh my way to to rolling on the floor.....

Member amounts will increase anyways when Node Wars are released. #sigh

Also, completing 5 extra large missions a day with even just 20 people is a cake walk. ~

Posted

no it was originally u payed per hour on a 1 sided war dec in NA and eu sorry get your facts straight kid

i honestly don't remember paying upkeep in EU.  it must have been patched quick.  kid lol.... bro.....

'Scuse me while I laugh my way to to rolling on the floor.....

Member amounts will increase anyways when Node Wars are released. #sigh

Also, completing 5 extra large missions a day with even just 20 people is a cake walk. ~

and how can you know this without knowing how the node wars system will be for NA/EU? can you see into the future? idiot.  we will be getting a version of the latest korean node war system.  who knows what changes will come with that.

plus not everyone wants to roll with 100 random tards like you.

an extra large mission in mediah is around 6000 mobs.  so you're saying killing 30000 mobs every day should be the norm for a small guild wanting to pvp? im extremely grateful you're not a dev for this game.  jesus christ talk about full retard.

Posted

i honestly don't remember paying upkeep in EU.  it must have been patched quick.  kid lol.... bro.....

and how can you know this without knowing how the node wars system will be for NA/EU? can you see into the future? idiot.  we will be getting a version of the latest korean node war system.  who knows what changes will come with that.

an extra large mission in mediah is around 6000 mobs.  so you're saying killing 30000 mobs every day should be the norm for a small guild wanting to pvp? im extremely grateful you're not a dev for this game.  jesus christ talk about full retard.

If war is accepted by both sides you pay nothing.

Posted

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the stereotypical 12 year old forum PvPer who's gotten a wee bit too big for it's britches.

Be sure to speak slowly and with few words, lest you startle it.

Posted

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the stereotypical 12 year old forum PvPer who's gotten a wee bit too big for it's britches.

Be sure to speak slowly and with few words, lest you startle it.

I'm 31 lol but ok.... Stop trying to change a korean MMO into some carebear game just because you don't like getting bullied by the big bad pixels on the screen.  I mean how do you even get through life?

You have no argument anymore.  

the biggest guild to be able to just bully everyone with no cost on them and only hurt those who cant do anything but change channels and hope they don't follow.

I'm starting to sob just reading that.  You poor woman (I'm assuming here.... )

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm 31 lol but ok.... Stop trying to change a korean MMO into some carebear game just because you don't like getting bullied by the big bad pixels on the screen.  I mean how do you even get through life?

You have no argument anymore.  

I'm starting to sob just reading that.  You poor woman (I'm assuming here.... )

your the care bare not wanting to pay to fight a weaker enemy so you feel bad ass and in KR you pay a one sided war so i got changed for the care bears like your self over here would you like that tissue now

Posted

your the care bare not wanting to pay to fight a weaker enemy so you feel bad ass and in KR you pay a one sided war so i got changed for the care bears like your self over here would you like that tissue now

OH THE IRONY lol.  Listen to yourself, it's gone from bad to worse dude/dudette.

Posted

It appears to have trouble comprehending facts.

Best to just ignore it.

Posted

OH THE IRONY lol.  Listen to yourself, it's gone from bad to worse dude/dudette.

Bro, you just told someone not to change the Korean MMO back to the way it is in Korea, and then you try to act like they're the stupid one? Granted, they had shit grammar, but that doesn't change the fact that our version of the game is altered, and people aren't automatically wrong for wanting it to be changed back. One mil+200k/h is a bit steep in my opinion, but there's no reason to remove upkeep entirely. You people go on and on about how this is supposed to be some hardcore PvP game, yet in its original version, non-consensual PvP was heavily penalized, and with the lv 50 quest, you could choose not to PvP at all. From a mechanical perspective, the whole point of upkeep and the Karma system was to make PvP something special, something that had consequences that needed to be evaluated. But with the changes, the GvG is just a way for people to circumvent the karma system, with out having the penalty of it being a huge drain on resources.

Now I don't conform to this whole, big guilds picking on small guilds being a bad thing, don't piss off big guilds, and if you're to weak to fight get talking or get going. I played eve and I can see the potential for good politics in this game as well, but as it stands now, the PvP community just seems really toxic, and every change suggested just gets flamed with people who don't seem to realize that this is a fantasy life game, and that the PvP elements are put in place to create a realistic and interesting world.

It's one thing to argue that these changes are a good thing, but don't try and take some kind of moral high ground of "This is a PvP game, deal with it" when the game was changed from its original form.

Posted

Bro, you just told someone not to change the Korean MMO back to the way it is in Korea, and then you try to act like they're the stupid one? Granted, they had shit grammar, but that doesn't change the fact that our version of the game is altered, and people aren't automatically wrong for wanting it to be changed back. One mil+200k/h is a bit steep in my opinion, but there's no reason to remove upkeep entirely. You people go on and on about how this is supposed to be some hardcore PvP game, yet in its original version, non-consensual PvP was heavily penalized, and with the lv 50 quest, you could choose not to PvP at all. From a mechanical perspective, the whole point of upkeep and the Karma system was to make PvP something special, something that had consequences that needed to be evaluated. But with the changes, the GvG is just a way for people to circumvent the karma system, with out having the penalty of it being a huge drain on resources.
Now I don't conform to this whole, big guilds picking on small guilds being a bad thing, don't piss off big guilds, and if you're to weak to fight get talking or get going. I played eve and I can see the potential for good politics in this game as well, but as it stands now, the PvP community just seems really toxic, and every change suggested just gets flamed with people who don't seem to realize that this is a fantasy life game, and that the PvP elements are put in place to create a realistic and interesting world.

It's one thing to argue that these changes are a good thing, but don't try and take some kind of moral high ground of "This is a PvP game, deal with it" when the game was changed from its original form.

The difference in Eve was that there was value lost to war.  That just makes sense.  You start a war, you need to pay upkeep to keep that war going.  The way the guildwars in this game currently work (in NA/EU version) just don't really make sense in a game designed like this.

Posted

and they are learning from the mistakes that korea made.  most people following KR BDO know that BDO had a huge identity crisis in korea, it lacked pve raids and interesting pve to keep that crowd happy and they nerfed the shit out of the pvp and open world pvp to the point the game was mediocre at both.  The game was very very different way back in development if you followed it.

this is a pvp game, the entire end game revolves around wars and zone control.  how can people not see that? do we have a 25 man pve raid system? no... 

i defend the "pvp" so much because these type of people commenting are trying to reduce the chance of dying at a grind spot.  They don't care that the game may not follow the exact same path as Korea.  It's just personal gain.  I wonder what will happen when the Valencia pvp patch comes and how much people will care about "following korea" then.  Although that's probably been nerfed to shit too since i read up on it.  It's hard to keep up with the KR changes and the bad translations we get.

I've played so many games in the past where the whiners and the complainers get what they want and the game dies slowly.  Even as far back as UO with the introduction of trammel which completely killed the sandbox elements of the game.  

I like this game and if you play smart you should never get PK'd or griefed at all.  If you roll into a sausans spot where a 5 man group is grinding then what do you expect to happen.

PS.  I was never fully against introducing upkeep/hour and even suggested scaling it based on the number of people in the guild so it scales well with the amount of guild silver coming into the guild.  But having a flat cost will encourage guilds to zerg it up and hit the 100 cap.