• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why Melee Awakening?

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Ninja has quite a few ranged abilities, i hope we dont just end up with more shuriken abilities. give us long ranged genjutsu abilities :D

I like the ranger's costume.

Or simply a Kusarigama. I don't see genjutsu being a valid awakening weapon since genjutsu consists of illusionary and distraction techniques rather than offenisve techniques

Posted

Awakened Skill tree preview:

56937BC3041E620001

56937C3E481F08002A  정령의 속박
 정령의 기운으로 적을 속박해 넘어뜨리는 레인저 고유의 잡기 기술입니다.
다른 캐릭터의 잡기 기술과 다르게 기술을 사용한 뒤 적과 멀어지지만,
특정 기술을 추가 습득하면 떨어진 적에게 다시 돌진하거나 장궁으로 공격을 이어나갈 수 있습니다.

56937C74472F49003D

울부짖는 바람
정령의 기운으로 단검과 정령검을 환영의 칼날로 바꿔 중거리에서 적을 타격하는 기술입니다.
적을 밀쳐내는 효과가 있습니다.

56937C8448258F0018

바람결
전방의 적에게 돌진하여 피해를 주는 기술입니다. 적과의 거리를 바람처럼 순식간에 좁힐 수 있습니다.

56937C8F4F54810011

정령의 분노
정령의 기운을 모아 전방의 적에게 모두 쏟아내는 기술입니다.
매우 강력한 피해를 자랑하는 한편, 정령의 기운을 모으는 도중에는 전방에서 들어오는 공격을
모두 무산시키는 방어상태가 된다는 점이 이 기술의 특징입니다.

56937CBE4C33240026

대자연의 전율
카마실브의 정령들을 자신의 앞으로 불러들여 적의 혼을 빼놓을 정도로 정신없이 공격하며
강력한 피해를 주는 기술입니다.

56937CCA4C1825001F

바람의 윤무
순간적으로 적의 눈에서 사라진 뒤 팽이처럼 회전하며 나타나서 주위 일정 범위의 적에게
강력한 타격을 입히는 기술입니다.

Google Translate:

56937C3E481F08002A
The bondage of spirits
In the spirit of strength to break enemy captivity beyond Ranger is a unique grip technology.

After using different techniques and technology in catching the enemy away, but the other characters,
You can leave if you acquire additional specific skills or followed by a dash back to the fallen enemy Longbow attack.

56937C74472F49003D

Howling Wind
Elemental Elemental dagger and a sword blade of a welcome change in the energy technology hitting the enemy in mid-range.
Slam the enemy can be effective.

56937C8448258F0018

Wind
A technology that the damage to rush the enemy's front.
You can narrow down the enemy away quickly like the wind.

56937C8F4F54810011

Wrath of the Elemental
The technical gather the energy of the spirit poured out all enemies in front.
Meanwhile, boasting a very strong damage, the spirit of the attacks at the front during gathering strength
Both state that the defense point of Musan The features of this technology.

56937CBE4C33240026

Thrill of the great outdoors
The spirit of the bracket enough to drink imported car is essential for their future enemy attacks and crazy soul
A technology giving powerful damage.

56937CCA4C1825001F

Wind bon
And instantly rotates like a spinning top enemy in a range around the eyes appear behind the enemy disappeared
A Clad strong batting skills.

http://bbs.black.game.daum.net/gaia/do/black/gm/read?bbsId=BDN003&articleId=101

1 person likes this

Posted

The spirit of the bracket enough to drink imported car

Never change, Google Translate. 

3 people like this

Posted

I know awakening doesn't replace the class you just gain more skills for a new weapon but what annoys me is it adds another "MELEE" weapon to a class called "RANGER".

If they wanted to balance ranger in melee they could

1 Make more dagger skills and kicks and make their damage better

2 Add a 2nd range weapon that's stronger at smaller range

2 entries found for ranger.
To select an entry, click on it.

ranger forest ranger  

Main Entry: rang·er audio.gif
Pronunciation: primarystressramacrn-jschwar
Function: noun
1 FOREST RANGER
2 a : a member of a body of troops who range over a region b : a soldier in an army unit with special training (as parachute jumping and scuba diving) for making surprise attacks and raids 

Posted (edited)

2 entries found for ranger.
To select an entry, click on it.

ranger forest ranger  

Main Entry: rang·er audio.gif
Pronunciation: primarystressramacrn-jschwar
Function: noun
1 FOREST RANGER
2 a : a member of a body of troops who range over a region b : a soldier in an army unit with special training (as parachute jumping and scuba diving) for making surprise attacks and raids 

Yeah because thier is tons parachue jumping and scuba diving in bdo.

We're talking about a ranger in a different Era of time dumbass.

Edited by Jumanji

Posted

Are you trying to suggest that rangers (hunters, wildsmen) in a different era of time would only use bows and would have no knives on them, say they were taken by surprise?

3 people like this

Posted

*Stares at the Ranger from DnD*

Yep totally only uses ranged weapons and never dual wielded ever.

Or how about the Rangers of Gondor, Rangers of the North, Aragorn of LoTR fame, 

How about various rangers from Warhammer?

Hate to tell you this, but even in fantasy, rangers using melee weapons including swords and dual wielding along with bows is very very common.

3 people like this

Posted

look at 2a and the next two replies, you silly board game you.

Posted

Ranger do NOT  ONLY means "Archer" or "Bowman", in Games, Fantasy or Real Life.

End of the discussion.

1 person likes this

Posted

Minsc from BG was a ranger. Never made him use a bow. Infact i consider it sinful to make a good melee like Minsc to use a bow! What we need is a male ranger option!

1 person likes this

Posted

I doubt you'll be using melee primarily in pvp anyway. The fact you have Range is an advantage in itself to begin with.

Well, unless they ----- up balance that badly.

Posted

wombo combo , move fast with awaken snd keep swiching to bow for dps , gg

1 person likes this

Posted

I LOVE this Awekening. I think it's genius, makes the gameplay even more versatile and fun! 

Posted

I kind of like the awakening lol Can't wait to try it out :D 

Posted

All i can say is that plenty of rangers in plenty of lore are pretty much KNOWN to use a combination of bows and dual short swords/ long daggers. Drizzt Do'urden is a ranger who uses them more often than any bow in fact =-=.

Posted

Mostly because ranger melee is piss poor, the elemental sword has really good PvE AoE mid-range skills, not to mention the rangers are already crazy better than the other classes, no need to give them some crazy OP awakening.

Posted

In PvP would a Ranger survive long enough to use it in melee range? I haven't used it yet. Does anyone know?

Posted

In PvP ranger awakening is a maneuver skillset just because of the dash. You use bow dodges to maneuver within the skirmish and the sword awakening to dash around the battlefield. 

Bow dodges are for maintaining positioning. Dashes are for maintaining overall distance and when you really want to escape. 

No one has found a pvp use for the awakening dmg skills yet.

Posted (edited)

gg, half the animations are copy pasted from female blader and kunoichi

Look at the dash move and the sideways auto attack for example, exact copies from the female blader, just with a blue particle effect instead of a red one.

Why the flak would they make new a animation when they have perfectly functional ones already =-= that would just be a waste of time and resources.

Edited by Senka

Posted

Its not like you ctrl+c ctrl+v an animation between different different models.

Posted

Adds a spine to the class imo.

:ph34r:

Posted (edited)

I really like the Rangers Awakening. Pays a lot of homage the the idea that Elves are magically inclined - preferring graceful, elegant and dexterous weapons.

Edited by Tatsuko

Posted

I know awakening doesn't replace the class you just gain more skills for a new weapon but what annoys me is it adds another "MELEE" weapon to a class called "RANGER".

If they wanted to balance ranger in melee they could

1 Make more dagger skills and kicks and make their damage better

2 Add a 2nd range weapon that's stronger at smaller range

Oh like how Kai from Vindictus can transform his bow from short to long?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MPVU2HLu88

1 person likes this

Posted

Its not like the class ends as a melee class. Its still a ranged class but now it can fight back in melee which was her (not only) big weakness. Awakening is meant to compensate for weaknesses but that doesnt mean they will lack weaknesses or that all classes are equal now. I would advice to chill and try the system.

Posted

Its not like the class ends as a melee class. Its still a ranged class but now it can fight back in melee which was her (not only) big weakness. Awakening is meant to compensate for weaknesses but that doesnt mean they will lack weaknesses or that all classes are equal now. I would advice to chill and try the system.

No it doesn't. It's just a PvE skillset. No one in their right mind would give up the ability to stay at range, specially when you're made of glass.

People should stop making a big deal out of it. If you're playing Ranger for PvE, good, you get a melee form to spice things around. If you're playing it for PvP, good. You're still the Kitemaster 3000, nothing changed at all.

1 person likes this