• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Musa Useless after nerf?

71 posts in this topic

Posted

I really just want an explanation why every other version got the same version of blader and plum without the nerfs we got, and the classes were completely fine in all of the other versions of the game. But then they give us the class with a bunch of random changes that make the class feel awkward and clunky to me, ultimate chase doesn't even cancel most of the things that it should I feel like its just a waste of sp. Why change what isn't broken, and if the change is supposed to come with awakenings why is it in the game when awakenings are still months away.

1 person likes this

Posted

I really just want an explanation why every other version got the same version of blader and plum without the nerfs we got, and the classes were completely fine in all of the other versions of the game. But then they give us the class with a bunch of random changes that make the class feel awkward and clunky to me, ultimate chase doesn't even cancel most of the things that it should I feel like its just a waste of sp. Why change what isn't broken, and if the change is supposed to come with awakenings why is it in the game when awakenings are still months away.

I think they got lazy and didn't want to have to patch it in the future and released  the first version they got their hands on off daum haha 

Posted

I think they got lazy and didn't want to have to patch it in the future and released  the first version they got their hands on off daum haha 

Pretty much this. I don't believe this was a specific NA only nerf. I'm actually glad the class came out nerfed. You would see a far larger revolt if the class came out, and then they nerfed it a month later. This gives players and opportunity to find a new build that can work.

Posted

Pretty much this. I don't believe this was a specific NA only nerf. I'm actually glad the class came out nerfed. You would see a far larger revolt if the class came out, and then they nerfed it a month later. This gives players and opportunity to find a new build that can work.

Except it wouldn't be nerfed "a month later", also how can people find "a new build" when the nerf was based around SKILLS THE CLASS DOESN'T HAVE YET.

1 person likes this

Posted

They changed the iframe and super armor dash because the Musa awakening weapon is loaded with them.  Problem is, we don't have that yet, so until then it's going to be a bit tough.  Poor Maehwa's have it worse--On KR they didn't get the dash change but they did on our version.

who the F cares if the awakening weapon has it?  Don't most of the awakening weapons offer the same thing as far as movement abilities?

Whats the difference if you r main weapon has the movement cancel coupled with iframes?  You can switch anytime to an awakening weapon get the movement iframe so big deal if the main weapon has it too,  By nerfing the main weapon now these geniuses have taken away the defining skill of this class.

Posted (edited)

Yup thats exactly how i feel spalty i just got owned by a sorc which is pretty much a better version of blader continuous i frames and broken ass damage. Their logic to nerf this class with a 4 sec i frame on the dash just bewilders me, that they did nothing to sorc who is i would say alot stronger than blader or plum

Fastest class in the whole game. You cant expect to have the same damage output as a sorc lol.

TBH ranger was already one of the harder matchups even with the I-frames, without them it's really no contest, against a ranged with the same ap as me (140) I would probably only have 1/4 my health by the time I got in range to "attempt" to cc them. Your best shot is charged stub arrow, cyclone is too easy to dodge and it's super hard to get an instant gale combo off on any class with strafes like that. Most of the rangers I've dueled so far break my block with 1 or 2 shotguns so creeping with dragons bite cancel into q won't really work unless you're stacking DP.

As a class with the most mobility in the game, i dont think youre meant to fight rangers or any class head on. Youre meant to come in from the flanks and ambush with CC/Damage before running away again. There is literally no class that could catch you and if you know when to retreat nobody will be able to finish you off. The amount of times i got a blader/plum to a sliver of health before they literally dash half away across the map to get away is insane. Only way you will die is if you get CCed and thats why you always have 60% KD resist in pvp.

Edited by Nixx

Posted

Except it wouldn't be nerfed "a month later", also how can people find "a new build" when the nerf was based around SKILLS THE CLASS DOESN'T HAVE YET.

I'm basing my experience around playing an Assassin in Aion when the game was first released. They were essentially god mode, but then 3 months later they were nerfed into pretty much unplayable. The players who stuck around found different builds in order to succeed. I guess i'm being pessimist, but given Daum/PA trend of listening to the community we are in the same pool as warriors. We aren't getting buffed, and they aren't going to undo the changes they made. It fracking blows. But it is what it is.

Posted

There is literally no class that could catch you and if you know when to retreat nobody will be able to finish you off.

That is literally the only, THE ONLY thing this class can do better than the others. Not joking.

Does Musa have decent damage? Meh
Maybe DP or HP scaling? Near zero
Maybe can block while attacking or something? Nope, no such
But Chase has iframes to compensate though, right? Hah, once per 4 seconds
.... at least he kept the Super Armor so he can evade the CCs but still take damage? Noooope, once per 4 seconds
At the very least he has a block! A block that you can't move around and melts in a single ranger's shotgun.

The class, in the sorry state that it is at the moment, is complete useless with all these nerfs that should've been here with his awakening weapon.
He can't counter any other class, he can be taken down by any other class of average skills and below average stats.

But yeah, Musa can move fast so he has that going for him at the very least. A great circus act indeed.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

class is dead, i cry too for it, only thing we can do is reroll and move on...eaven awaken is not not enought to compare to sorc/war

Edited by Zelkovae

Posted

I guess i'm being pessimist, but given Daum/PA trend of listening to the community we are in the same pool as warriors. We aren't getting buffed, and they aren't going to undo the changes they made. It fracking blows. But it is what it is.

No we're not in the same pool as warriors, we're in for worse. I don't think you realize how badly the class is off, the damage and defense is bugged to hell and back, one of our main skills is not only nerfed but bugged and doesn't work but not only that it breaks our cancels, and the current nerfs balance the class around a specific set of skills and abilities the class currently doesn't have.

Lot's of people scream "adapt, adapt, adapt, adapt!" like it means something in this situation. It's like cutting off a dude's limbs and while he's still bleeding telling him he should be able to beat an Olympic athlete if he adapts

1 person likes this

Posted

Unless you can fight like this blader, any opinion you have is irrelevant.

Posted

Unless you can fight like this blader, any opinion you have is irrelevant.

Seems like he got no CD on his iframe dash, he can actually put out dmg unlike us here at EU/NA and he can take some hits.. well.. should we all play korea now ? 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

yes, that blader is before nerf: the blader we all wanted, but no, surprise motherf.!

Edited by Zelkovae
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm afraid about the future,i mean

PA is waiting to '''''''''''''''''''''balance''''''''''''''''''''''''' ninja,if they did it with blader,i really don't want to see what they are going to do with Ninja.

I really love the blader class but i don't think i'm going to have fun with mine until awakening (and the leveling is going to be a pain since we don't have high exp rate/weekend boost like in KR).

-_-

Posted

No we're not in the same pool as warriors, we're in for worse. I don't think you realize how badly the class is off, the damage and defense is bugged to hell and back, one of our main skills is not only nerfed but bugged and doesn't work but not only that it breaks our cancels, and the current nerfs balance the class around a specific set of skills and abilities the class currently doesn't have.

Lot's of people scream "adapt, adapt, adapt, adapt!" like it means something in this situation. It's like cutting off a dude's limbs and while he's still bleeding telling him he should be able to beat an Olympic athlete if he adapts

I see where you are coming from, and trust me i'm not happy with there the class is either. But the reality is Daum/PA isn't going to change it. They will let us sit and wait for Awakenings to release. (Bladers & plums will probably get a delay) If they decide to revert this version of Blader, I will gladly eat my words, and take it back. But as of right now given the trend of this company. They will not change a damn thing, we can cry, moan, scream or whatever. In their eyes they are looking at the bigger picture. We see the game in days. They look at it in months. I may not agree with their business model. But I truly believe they don't care what any of us thinks as long they are getting money.

Posted

Just goona keep tagging till we get an answer finally @CM_Jouska

Posted

class is dead, i cry too for it, only thing we can do is reroll and move on...eaven awaken is not not enought to compare to sorc/war

i agree, a blader has no chance against a sorc/ranger or a warrior atm. but maybe we will get a buff soon.

if not i still got my 54 ranger ^^

Posted

It's a little disappointing going warrior and reaching 55 and waiting to reach the peak of my gear to be viable against other geared classes, specifically sorc and rangers when it comes to dps.  Thought the blader would be completely different and it's sounding like they got screwed as well.  Watch, I'll roll a ninja and that class will be broken as well.

Can melee get some love please?

Posted

Hey, one thing I've been wondering way too long about awakenings: Why does it seem that classes get nerfed to a point where they return to "default power" only at the "very final endgame"-stage? Like why not have the class be the way it was built and balanced against without awakening and then apply debuffs/nerfs to the awakening weapon so it doesn't become op? Like instead of saying "nerf the sith outta Chase, because once you reach awakening it's gon be k", you say "make Chase k without awakening and (maybe) not so k with awake so that it's not too crazy"?

Posted (edited)

Hey, one thing I've been wondering way too long about awakenings: Why does it seem that classes get nerfed to a point where they return to "default power" only at the "very final endgame"-stage? Like why not have the class be the way it was built and balanced against without awakening and then apply debuffs/nerfs to the awakening weapon so it doesn't become op? Like instead of saying "nerf the sith outta Chase, because once you reach awakening it's gon be k", you say "make Chase k without awakening and (maybe) not so k with awake so that it's not too crazy"?

2 things that i can think of right off the bat.

1. Wanting to be efficient and just wanted to implement one balance patch for awakening.

2. From what I understand, you don't get all the abilities and skills from awakening your weapon unless you have a lot of skill points on reserve, so it would be unfair for those that have invested into the first weapon and suddenly get debuffed if they wanted to try out their awakened weapon early.

Still, really don't like the idea of never using your first weapon since the awakened one is just so much better in all aspects.

Edited by Farkon
1 person likes this