• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My impression of Plum

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well just sharing my opinions with you all, so you may judge. Currently level 51 using Full Grunil and the typical yuria + black warrior for 97 ap and 118 dp. Now first of all, I realize Full Grunil is a mistake I have made because after 50 I realize how much I needed WP for my hit and run tactics while fighting Helms (weak as ap and only +9 Black what you want me to do). Max WP go a longer way than having the extra 2 ap, I mean having 120WP + 35WP crystals give me about 285WP at lv 51 which I can spam Chase pretty much for infinitely with Maewah Will III + herbal juice (trust me I try, went from Altinova to Heidel almost as fast as a sprinting horse maybe T5 ish, and yes I just did it today so if ya saw a random maewah spamming Chase around then it probably me fking around with my new Taritas.). Otherwise is the pvp aspect, I mean...1v1 sure, decently good with charge bow or retaliation then blind thrust into dragon and finish off with red moon, easy and basic combo. Now in large scale, no idea what the fk Im doing, I can block sure but hey look valk and warrior. I can dps sure but hey look sorc flying around, them making it rain goddesses over there, and just the lame jerk wizard who is the easiest to kill. Also I like to complain about retaliation I mean fk the slow ass animation and activation like bruhhhhh.......they can roll away way faster than you using retaliation to knock their ass down.Pretty much our job is hunt someone down (420 Chase it) and 1v1 that ass before you get deleted (Now this is just my point because I'm a terrible nub). Do I like the class and recommend it? Hell Fking YEAH!

After all this ranting, what I want to know is how you guys been with your Plum. Ya know the skills you use, the combo you use, no one care about your gear (jk I do wanna know), and of course what they look like (nvm I just stalk the other thread instead :D *wink wink* you know which one). 

This has been a perverted Plum player ranting, the great Flower Empress (Im actually a male and straight....so yeah awkward....) has spoken so let there be peace (cmon now with you guys like no way it happening, inb4 my haters fan club).

Edited by Ahki
Cause even though I'm all about that gangster Plum life, I still have to correct my spelling and minor grammer mistake (ok alot but whatever)

Posted

Just going to say.. When you use the block you can use it exactly when they are about to swing and before your sword even hits the sky and blocks full animation you end up slicing and knocking down the target in front of you. The full block for bosses or bigger mobs is a bit more annoying and you should just avoid better with camera lock and just go backwards through the target straight into a bloom phantom combo >,> DP and HP  is a bigger issue at hand as they are the weakest class in DP terms.. (180 DP gets halfed by a regular fat catfish)

Posted

Hmm I played ranger before when the new class came out I decided to give it a shot I am decently geared  full+15  and I must say I enjoyed it the clas is really fun to play and far from easy .  We had a war that broke out yesterday and I was killing people easly with my ranger they couldnt even get to me.

I tried the same with my maehwa and the opposite happened I was the one being destroyed. Normally this would make someone step away from the class but It  was the opposite for me each kill felt much  more rewarding and gratifying not to mention challanging compared to ranger. Right now I am not sure if  I will continue to main ranger or just switch completly.  I am loving maehwa more and more  while I am loosing interest in ranger every passing day.

Posted

Must admit I am loving my Plum (was maining wizard before) however your play style does change, I noticed a big deference when I reached helms, my wizard spent along time there and I had my grind down, however it has taken some adjustment playing my plum there the packs are far more challenging. I have gone the standard 2 x Grunil, 2 x Taritas, using accuracy bow I will change to ap one when I get 53 / 54. 

I do however have a question regarding stat maxing, how is everyone getting 5 attack speed and 5 crit. What gems are people using?

so far it feels really strong 1v1 (which is great as that's what I wanted I as my main Wizard can bring the aoe pain when node wars gets here). But it does seem a harder class to master and pull off the perfect lock down combos, instead of just using what's off cd.

Posted

Must admit I am loving my Plum (was maining wizard before) however your play style does change, I noticed a big deference when I reached helms, my wizard spent along time there and I had my grind down, however it has taken some adjustment playing my plum there the packs are far more challenging. I have gone the standard 2 x Grunil, 2 x Taritas, using accuracy bow I will change to ap one when I get 53 / 54. 

I do however have a question regarding stat maxing, how is everyone getting 5 attack speed and 5 crit. What gems are people using?

so far it feels really strong 1v1 (which is great as that's what I wanted I as my main Wizard can bring the aoe pain when node wars gets here). But it does seem a harder class to master and pull off the perfect lock down combos, instead of just using what's off cd.

depend on your weapon

liverto you will gem ats on glove

kazran will gem crit on glove

and 2    gem ats crit on weapon

Posted

I only got up to 46 with my Ranger and had everything at around +8-10. Yuria Bow was at +10. I any case, I switched to Maehwa to try it out since I always loved Samurai style classes and it automatically fit like a glove. I don't know how to explain the feeling, it just feels right, like I don't have to force myself to learn the combos, everything just flows naturally, like a well choreographed dance.

Right now I am poor as hell, my Yuria Blade is just +1 and my 2x Grunil 2x Taritas are only at +5-6 but man, I feel more powerful and pain inducing than I ever felt with my Ranger. All I ever did with it was run away and spam shotgun, get MP back, rinse and repeat, with my Mehwa, I get in the enemy's face, slash, bash, scratch, rip, dance, poke, sting, dance, destroy and kill!!

All that with barely a scratch. Fkn ae.

I am not saying this is the best class or whatever, but is the one I feel the most reflected with, playing it feels like an extension of my hands in the screen, I love it. :) 

Posted

depend on your weapon

liverto you will gem ats on glove

kazran will gem crit on glove

and 2    gem ats crit on weapon

what if I'm using Yuria ?

Is it worth having high crit due to the amount of crit we naturally get and a lot of our skills have high crit built in?

Posted (edited)

what if I'm using Yuria ?

Is it worth having high crit due to the amount of crit we naturally get and a lot of our skills have high crit built in?

sorry I could answer since I was elsewhere   anyway

Again It depends what kind of yuria you have  +1 crit? +1 ats?

Also think about it yes some spell have natural high crit but there cooldown is huge  those who have natural 80% +CRIT(6 -8 sec cd is huge considering how squishy you are also you will use them probably once every fight maximum 2 but you will be jumping the gun.

so it a matter of ''better be safe then sorry '' thing yes it is worth it I would even say it is required to have 5 crit 5 ats as plum.

Look at it this way as plum you excel in 1v1 in fact I would almost consider plum a 1v1 goddess

your weakness is large scale combat  : gVg  siege

Knowing those facts your goal will be to find small scale combat group within the large scale pvp and kill them off as quickly and effectively as possible

Which is why having more crit on top of your natural high crit ability is key not to mention it also benefits your other low crit ability to have more chance to crit it's good not matter how you look at it.

Edited by Inomi