• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What's the point of Auto Loop if we can't stay connected?

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Since the Musa/Maehwa patch, it has been impossible for me to stay connected to this game and auto loop to level up a horse, strength or stamina.  I'm not even in a populated area of the map when I set this up.  I set my path, watch a full rotation, then I minimize the game and go to work.  I come back 10 hours later to find I just get disconnected from the game.  Again.  And again.  Looking at my horse levels, I am lucky if I stay on an hour or two, tops. 

It's not even an issue with only auto loop.  The connectivity is so touch and go in this game.  That in itself has been a problem since NA/EU release.  Yet, there hasn't been anything worthwhile to note that's been done to resolve this.  So, when do you plan on some better research/resolution? I'm not seeing any connectivity loss in my modem, my UTM, nothing. 

5 people like this

Posted

There me thinking it was my internet all along :/

Posted

I've been connected for days straight. Which server/channel are you in, NA or EU (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

Its probably your internet connection.  i have been online for like 4 days straight.

Posted

If your computer goes to sleep automatically this will happen I'm assuming, could be wrong. 

Just some advice, your electricity bill might not look so well in the upcoming years xD 

Posted

I have not had any issues, except one spot in the water north west of Velia. I D/C there constantly, yet fine everywhere else that I have been thus far. Maybe, you have found another glitch spot. Report the location, so they can check it, and alter your path for now. 

Posted

Have not DC'd once since the Blader came out;

time_played.thumb.png.ff054daa08d655bc8f

2 people like this

Posted

I can auto-loop whole night long. But I know my friend DCs almost every hour. I wonder if it's server based? I'm EU and he's NA.

Posted

Can also auto-loop all night, I play on EU if that matters at all. The problem with me is the guilds we're at war with pk'ing me, and waking up to my character running into a wall in heidel.(keep in mind this is not me complaining, it is me auto-looping in the wrong channel lmao.)

Posted

I can auto-loop whole night long. But I know my friend DCs almost every hour. I wonder if it's server based? I'm EU and he's NA.

Likewise here and I've yet to have a disconnect at all while playing. I am all to aware of my fellow guildies getting very frequent DC's (like every 5/10mins) and this is on Croxus Veilia C1.

Possible it's location based issues, i dunno but I'm from the UK and i know those who are having issues in my guild at least are not. Might be something it might not... *shrugs*

Posted

only time i dc on NA orwen is when switching characters. -.-

Posted

I've never disconnected either, you might have found one of the black holes. There are unstable areas in the server that seem to be quite unstable. If you do your auto pathing and a semi-busy area it might work there. Consider one of the farms around Heidel, if it works there and you don't disconnect. Then its a server error

Posted

Since the Musa/Maehwa patch, it has been impossible for me to stay connected to this game and auto loop to level up a horse, strength or stamina.  I'm not even in a populated area of the map when I set this up.  I set my path, watch a full rotation, then I minimize the game and go to work.  I come back 10 hours later to find I just get disconnected from the game.  Again.  And again.  Looking at my horse levels, I am lucky if I stay on an hour or two, tops. 

It's not even an issue with only auto loop.  The connectivity is so touch and go in this game.  That in itself has been a problem since NA/EU release.  Yet, there hasn't been anything worthwhile to note that's been done to resolve this.  So, when do you plan on some better research/resolution? I'm not seeing any connectivity loss in my modem, my UTM, nothing. 

i can confirm. I havd an amazing connection and before the patch I was able to stay connected 3 days streight. Just today I got DC which never ever happened before. Wierd...

Posted

Remember to check properties for your network card. Unchecked the box "let windows disable this card if idle" or whatever it says. This worked for me.

Posted

Dont have problem hold on the connection. (Check your Router Mostly he have a reset in the night)

I get more pissed off the dc while you change your Character or Channel. Try get the energy out of 7 chars while you have restart every time...

Posted (edited)

Change we for I.

Edited by Dragnelus

Posted

Well, I think I shuld throw some cents of mine on the case:

before autolooping patch I was perfectly capable of staying connected for a looooong periods of time, around the first 24-48ish hours since tha patch there was also no connectivity issue what-so-ever, but after said something between 24-48h from the patch the game started disconnecting in like hour or two of autolooping around velia while minimised to tray, I've tried some testing on it back then and it only was making that disconnect while both conditions were present - character was moving around on autoloop AND game was minimised to tray, as long as my character was doing literaly anything else minimising to tray was not causing disconnect, also autolooping works perfectly without disconnects as long as game is fully opened at least thats how it works for me

all those little bugs.... :)

Posted

If you are having issues with disconnecting while afk turn the screen saver off, the one the game has.  I ust to disco all the time till i did that and i haven't dropped connection yet.

Posted

I've noticed some nights I DC constantly and other times I'll be fine for multiple days in a row. The days I DC I start a constant pings to see if its my stuff and I haven't noticed any drops.

Running ping test to:

My wireless router

My Cable modem

Providers Closest IP

I'll start continuous pings to everything above and never see a dropped packet but still DC in my game at the same time.

I'm on NA/Uno

Posted

Yesterday on Mediah 2 and Ser 2, I got d/c just 30 minutes before going to sleep, log back in and got error message, then when I switch to Bal 1, finally able to connect.

So it is probably server hiccup or something.

Posted

I've noticed some nights I DC constantly and other times I'll be fine for multiple days in a row. The days I DC I start a constant pings to see if its my stuff and I haven't noticed any drops.

Running ping test to:

My wireless router

My Cable modem

Providers Closest IP

I'll start continuous pings to everything above and never see a dropped packet but still DC in my game at the same time.

I'm on NA/Uno

Turn the screen saver off in the game.

Posted

Turn the screen saver off in the game.

Even though this happens while actively playing the game? I'll take any recommendations I can get though.

Posted

You're right OP.

When will you resolve the issue and get a proper ISP?

Posted

You have said it all really. I'm having the same problem, leveling horses or afk fishing has become impossible. It's ridiculous and no it ain't my internet or my pc. I do not have connectivity issues with any other online games I play I can stay connected for days on end without having any lag or dc issues. So yeah it is on BDO's end... Playing from NL on Alustin (EU), I basically live in internet land. Fix your stuff before you lose people cos I cba I can just go play anything else. I left my 5 year MMO for this game, questioning if it was the right move if I can't even enjoy the simple fun things this game has to offer like breeding horses -.-

Posted

Only time i've been dc'ed was because of my own internet.