• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Forum Rules [ Bumping Topic's]

21 posts in this topic

Posted

6. Behavioral rules and guidelines

6.1. Thread bumping

• The User shall not bump own threads. Replies to own threads with the sole purpose of moving said thread to the top of the forum can lead to a warning with the possible consequence of losing writing permissions on http://forum.blackdesertonline.com
  • If the User wants to add more information to a post, the “EDIT” function can be used. It is permitted to reply to own posts once every 48h as long as the follow up post adds new and meaningful information related to the topic.
  • Replies to other users posts with the sole purpose of increasing it's visibility are also considered thread bumping as well as spam and will be actioned accordingly.
  • Normal replies to other users are not affected by the above mentioned rules.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/announcement/4-forum-rules/

So please respect new rules, Thanks :)

Posted

The rule has a few loopholes though:

I must use the edit button if I wish to add more information to my last post, but I can freely reply to my last posts after 48 hours. For example, if I wanted to bump my guilds advertisement topic, all I have to do is write something related to the guild. So I could write stuff like: "We did a guild quest today", "member x finally leveled up", etc.
Competing a quest or a member leveling up is new information, as it happened during the 48 hour cooldown period. It is also related to the guild, so it is related to the topic.

Free and legit bump every 48 hours.

Posted

The rule has a few loopholes though:

I must use the edit button if I wish to add more information to my last post, but I can freely reply to my last posts after 48 hours. For example, if I wanted to bump my guilds advertisement topic, all I have to do is write something related to the guild. So I could write stuff like: "We did a guild quest today", "member x finally leveled up", etc.
Competing a quest or a member leveling up is new information, as it happened during the 48 hour cooldown period. It is also related to the guild, so it is related to the topic.

Free and legit bump every 48 hours.

If you have any ideas on how to change the forum rules, please write me PM with it.

Posted

To give you all some inside, the intention is not to restrict people unnecessary from announcing changes but to give everyone a chance to be seen.
At times it looked more like an arms race than a fair competition for new members.

Forum rules are meant to improve the forum climate and are intended to be seen as guidelines and not as unchangeable law. It is our hope, that we can get to a point where common sense in posting and forum moderation is the norm and forum rules have to be only consulted in ambiguous cases. But the more forum users we see trying to bend the rules in a direction that hurts the forum climate the more strict do we need to be in enforcing them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Since the ability to 'post after oneself' came to be, I have started using it on my Bookmarks thread here on the official forums.

At first I had no intention of double posting. And after it happened, I thought to myself; "hmm, I should probably use the edit button if I'm going to update my thread with updates and new content more than once a day.

Now seeing the "48 hour rule," I will keep my updates within 48 hours to the same post, using the edit button. I just want to be sure what I'm doing is alright.

I do believe that some of the people who follow or use my post do want to know when I make updates. Putting these updates at the bottom of my original post would make it unnecessarily long, I'm not sure what the max limit is but I don't care to test things with that post.

If double posting had been allowed when I created the thread, I may have double posted just to have a spot reserved for making all the updates (which I normally do for my guides in other forum communities). For instance, posting "reserved for updates" right away after the first post.

I suppose I could also just link a post in the same thread with all my updates but now I'm over thinking it aren't I? I've already started bumping my own thread. I'll keep the bumps to 48 hours or more.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and make sure I'm following the rules!

Posted

If you have any ideas on how to change the forum rules, please write me PM with it.

Less rules more FFA.

At times it looked more like an arms race than a fair competition for new members.

No insight on whether exploiting world bosses was going to be penalized seemed a little unfair to most guilds. Never even got an update on it, but at least we're making sure the guild recruitment forums are fair competition.

200_s.gif

4 people like this

Posted

I dunno, if any sub thread should be able to have the 48 hour bump restriction free, should be the guild one.... but im biased :P

Posted

Okay, bumpity bump bump every 48 hours then. I'm cool with that. Think there should be rule exception if the bump is also entertaining in some fashion whether it shares a video of guild activities or for comic purposes. Any artwofrk should be allowed. After all what is a forum for?

Posted

Less rules more FFA.

No insight on whether exploiting world bosses was going to be penalized seemed a little unfair to most guilds. Never even got an update on it, but at least we're making sure the guild recruitment forums are fair competition.

200_s.gif

We need answers sway!

Posted (edited)

As someone taking time to look for a guild, I rather liked having the active guilds on my server consistently pushing their recruitment posts to the top.  It shows the guild is still active, still looking for members and we didn't have to go through 30 pages of recruitment posts just to see them. 

Edit: Also, you might want to have this as a sticky so that unaware people don't have their posts locked.

Edited by Midnight Faune

Posted

If you're concerned about every guild being able to have some visibility here on the forums then why not split these sections up by server instead of abdicating all responsibility to us? Just wondering.

2 people like this

Posted

If you're concerned about every guild being able to have some visibility here on the forums then why not split these sections up by server instead of abdicating all responsibility to us? Just wondering.

Some server forums would be amazing.

Posted

plus bumps are tacky

<3

Posted

If you're going to implement these rules I would hope you would at least update the guild index. Or remove the old one as it hasn't been updated in nearly 20 days and add a new one. Also why isn't your post pinned?

1 person likes this

Posted

So if my guild recruitment advertisement is all the way back to back 10-20 I have to make a new topic for it? Because nobody will look on those pages and I'm apparently not allowed to bump the thread once in a few days/week to make the visibility a little bit better (which is acceptable in my opinion).

Posted

how are players supposed to recruit to guild if they cant bump their posts? creating a new post a few times because the first post is on page 28 would be worse I think.

Posted

You act like people are going to bump up their recruitment post every second. This is honestly ridiculous. If you're a small guild and you can't keep your post up to be seen, how are we expected to grow?

Posted

To give you all some inside, the intention is not to restrict people unnecessary from announcing changes but to give everyone a chance to be seen.

Increase the number of topics per page - that will help the issue. Everyone wants to be on first page. It's natural for a competitive game. Not sure what the gripe is about.
It's a PvP game with a market based economy. Recruitment is a market just like anything else in the game.

Posted (edited)

A haven where server drama thrives, alliances are made and broken, conspiracy theories are created and revealed, and shitposting can reach unseen levels of awesome. 

Or recruiting and other stuff, I guess...

Either way server forums would be welcomed a lot.

Edited by Walk

Posted

You act like people are going to bump up their recruitment post every second. This is honestly ridiculous. If you're a small guild and you can't keep your post up to be seen, how are we expected to grow?

I don't think a 48-hour window is all that ridiculous, personally.  You can still reply to your own thread, as long as you have something new to add.  Yes, people will be required to think of more to say than just "bump," but that's a good thing. \o/

Personally, I don't think this will accomplish what the mods want it to (ending the monopoly of the front page of the forums by a handful of spammy guilds), but at least it shows that they realize that there's a problem.

$0.02

Posted (edited)

Less rules more FFA.

200_s.gif

Solid reply.  Since I can only like a post once, I had to quote it as well.  Hopefully that won't trigger a new posting rule since now forums are no longer FFA.

PS Don't sweat the misconstrued "T5" Conqueror's pack mount, but lock down those recruitment threads.   Have to love the priorities.

Edited by Daas

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0