• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

We need a coastal storm!

40 posts in this topic

Posted

I would be delighted to see a coastal storm wash away or Davey Jones these deserted boats at the docks. It looks cool, until you have 30 boats on top of each other and cannot find your own that you just called upon from the dock master. Maybe my idea is a bit extreme, but something to reduce the flotilla would be nice. After all, we are not waiting on Helen to call upon another chiliad of ships, are we?

5 people like this

Posted

This would be awesome and horrible for people who leave their boats unattended. lol So much money gone to the bottom of the sea!

1 person likes this

Posted

I've never had a problem...I just look for my boat name.

Posted

Lmao. That would be hilarious.

Posted

I second this. 

Posted

I've never had a problem...I just look for my boat name.

This and it always spawns at the exact same location so you only have to search for it once for a whole 3 seconds tops.

Posted

instead of try to destroy peoples boats, could we try finding a game mechanic that could instil people in wanting people to store their boat?

Posted

I would be delighted to see a coastal storm wash away or Davey Jones these deserted boats at the docks. It looks cool, until you have 30 boats on top of each other and cannot find your own that you just called upon from the dock master. Maybe my idea is a bit extreme, but something to reduce the flotilla would be nice. After all, we are not waiting on Helen to call upon another chiliad of ships, are we?

I would love..LOVE a .000001% chance to afk fish up Cthulu, Boss of the Deep. Who proceeds to slaughter all and smash.

3 people like this

Posted

I would love..LOVE a .000001% chance to afk fish up Cthulu, Boss of the Deep. Who proceeds to slaughter all and smash.

Lol, bring your ranged character.

Posted

nah see that would be a consequence

this community cant deal with consequences. just read any thread about pvp and you'll see that.

Posted

nah see that would be a consequence

this community cant deal with consequences. just read any thread about pvp and you'll see that.

In general this whole community is full of cryt**s. I blame the fact that they are all Millennial entitled kids who grew up playing WoW.

2 people like this

Posted

In general this whole community is full of cryt**s. I blame the fact that they are all Millennial entitled kids who grew up playing WoW.

I remember when WoW launched. Glad I only spent my time in vanilla and left before BC.

Posted

I agree that the clutter is unwelcome, but my fishing boat is always among them, and for good reason.  If the boat is out in Velia, and I find myself in Epheria needing a boat, I can summon it using the dock master.  If they eliminate that function, or allow boats to be summoned even when docked away, the clutter would be eliminated

Posted

I would like to do battle with sharks

Posted (edited)

Im thinking some white squalls at sea to continue to fulfill God's will on afk fishers like MissBulgaria and others do today manually

Edited by Majorapplesauce

Posted

would be cool to see the storm wipe away all the afk fishers on coast of velia/coastal cave too. hahahaaaa

Posted

Restore lifespan at a slowish but worthwhile rate to wagons and fishing boats stored in the dock and not left out.

Problem solved.

Posted

Just like in interstellar 

image.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Just like in interstellar 

image.jpg

That would be priceless! The part of online gaming that I like is cause and effect. Plan your actions, strategy is key, etc... This dock is just an example of that completely lacking in some parts of the game. Losing experience upon death, durability of items, where to spend your energy and contribution points: the all are a step in the right direction. I liked how you could steal boats and houses that were left or unkept in UO, before they ruined that game for the crybabies. The hardship of a game actually helps the game last, because it then means something. When you hold the player's hand like this, the game and all that is in it loses value. Just my opinion on the matter.

1 person likes this

Posted

Restore lifespan at a slowish but worthwhile rate to wagons and fishing boats stored in the dock and not left out.

Problem solved.

Sorry, but the slowly declining life span is a virtual money(silver) sink. You can't ask them to take that away. Slowly repairing them maybe, but the life span is asking to much.

Posted

Uhm, how can you not find your boat when its the only one with a name above it?

Posted

Or make boats automatically go to storage when unused for an hour.

Posted

Sorry, but the slowly declining life span is a virtual money(silver) sink. You can't ask them to take that away. Slowly repairing them maybe, but the life span is asking to much.

see i dont get this. please explain it to me

i hate durability. i hate money sinks.

what is fun about sinks? it's annoying. its just another thing i have to deal with instead of doing what i want in games. why do you like money sinks?

it's worse than wow. wow had pvp and a really competetive endgame crowd from what i understand.

these folks dont want competition. they dont want resistance. they want to craft. they want to stand around. they want to decorate their fake house.

they want to spend hours performing in game tasks that dont make them more powerful or more of a threat or even better at pve.

in games ive played in the past, we had our pve crowd. they were out there analyzing dungeons and mobs and while they werent much of a problem in pvp, i had a lot of respect for their knowledge of the game. they were crafters because it made them stronger and able to fight more powerful monsters.

they didnt care about pvp, even though they tended to get caught in the explosions during large outbursts in the open world. they didnt complain, they just did their thing.

and if you got into a dungeon or were fighting a boss out in the field and you didnt know what you were doing or didnt have the gear for it, they were the first to tell you to git gud and stop dragging down their group. they had a sense of pride for what they did.

this group...doesnt even want that. i dont know if its the farmville generation or if this gen of gamers is really beta or what. i dont know. i literally am at a complete loss for an explanation to this. all they want to do is sit in world and pretend they're in the world sitting.

i mean i get wanting to lose yourself in a game but frankly the bland countryside and copypasta npcs and drab cities make me wonder what the hell

is this just the group that left all the other mmos because they couldn't handle competition?

Posted

I think this would be awesome to see. I'm also all for it being interactable in some way, like being able to run and help tie people's boats down etc.  I was out on my little raft in heidel when a storm hit the other day, and the rain and darkness with the lightning was really nice.  I love when it's dark and thundering with lightning in real life, so seeing it in games always make me super happy.

Not sure about the durability loss on it.  I am still collecting mats for my boat and unsure what their lifespan equals in real world hours so I can't comment much on that other than to say it shouldn't take away from the boat too much.  It's time consuming to make them.

Posted

How about

we get to steal boats?

1 person likes this