• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"Written Permission to Use the Port" Quest.

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, so I can't honestly say that this is a bug, but I don't know what else to think of it. I finished the quest Lord of Keplan's Recommondation Letter, got 500 amity with the two NPC's required to talk to Herman Feresio, at which point he should've given me the quest Written Permission to Use the Port. But he didn't and he doesn't, I haven't been able to find anybody that has received permission to use the port. I'd just like to know if this quest was just intentionally left out or if there are more requirements to unlock it. Feresio only seems to be the completion target of one other quest, which I've done, and his only amity bonus is a necklace rental and knowledge on demibeasts.

Is Written Permission to Use the Port bugged, locked behind more requirements, or intentionally disabled?

Posted

Sorry to bump this, but I'm having the same issue and can't find a solution.

Can anyone help?

Posted

So can we confirm that this quest is bugged?

Posted (edited)

I'm stuck at this same point. Watched my bf complete the quest "Lord of Keplan's Recommendation" and receive the next quest... I go to turn in the quest about an hour or so later; complete  "Lord of Keplan's Recommendation" just the same and Herman Feresio has no follow up quest. Clearly its not bugged for everyone...

Checked online and found nothing even close to helping solve this issue. Anyone figured this out yet?

EDIT: After looking further into things, I figured out what you need to do is speak to the NPC Martha Kiyen--At the Northern Wheat Plantation specifically--She has a quest that she hands out at 100 amnity. Get that quest and complete the all the quest she gives you (three) which will give you a quest to speak to Norma Lieght....long story short, there's a dozen or so quest that this one amnity quest starts a chain for, all of which must be completed before your able to speak with Herman to get the next quest in the line. Completely ridiculous, but it works...

Edited by Kousou
New info discovered.

Posted (edited)

I got 200 amity with Martha and she won't give me the quest.  This game is sooo frustrating...  I have 20/22 for her interest knowledge Northern Calpheon Adventure Journal which I can't complete because I'm level 49 and I'm not grinding for 4 or 5 hours in the bree area. I already did an hour and nothing dropped. So this means I will have to level an alt.  Honestly I feel like quitting this game way too intricate and frustrating... quests that lead to dead ends and nothing to tell you what you should do in game I have to look online for 80% of quests just to complete them.  If someone could help me with this I would appreciate it.

Edited by Mischievous

Posted (edited)

is there a lvl you have to be to get "Written Permission to Use the Port" I have done all the BS amnity and can talk to the guy but he will not hand out that bloody quest I am lvl 50 by the way

Edited by Lucion

Posted

is there a lvl you have to be to get "Written Permission to Use the Port" I have done all the BS amnity and can talk to the guy but he will now hand out that bloody quest I am lvl 50 by the way

Read what Kousou wrote above. Try that.. I have to, since I never got anything either.. except a quest to go convert the catfish, which is a differnt questline. I was wondering why I never got sent to Epheria Port.

Posted (edited)

Read what Kousou wrote above. Try that.. I have to, since I never got anything either.. except a quest to go convert the catfish, which is a differnt questline. I was wondering why I never got sent to Epheria Port.

yeah tried that as well...still no luck...I would really like to finish this quest...but all I get kill so many catfish ect ect...getting very boring

Edited by Lucion

Posted

Well I looked further into it and it looks like you have to finish the quest by Martha with 100 amity http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/3017/1/

which I have (but she won't give me the quest)

or this quest  http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/3017/1/

from Michael at the church. Other quests have to be completed in order to get Michael's quest and I guess its lead up to Written Permission to Use the Port .  Since I can't get the quest from Martha through amity I guess Michael's quest line has to be done? Idk I might have done Michael's quest already that's why I can't get Martha's?  I have no clue because there is no way I can reference what quests I have completed since Daum does not give quest completion history for your chars which I think is important because right now I have no idea what to do. I can't get anymore quests in the Abandoned Land because I have done them.  So frustrating.

Posted

Well I looked further into it and it looks like you have to finish the quest by Martha with 100 amity http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/3017/1/

which I have (but she won't give me the quest)

or this quest  http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/3017/1/

from Michael at the church. Other quests have to be completed in order to get Michael's quest and I guess its lead up to Written Permission to Use the Port .  Since I can't get the quest from Martha through amity I guess Michael's quest line has to be done? Idk I might have done Michael's quest already that's why I can't get Martha's?  I have no clue because there is no way I can reference what quests I have completed since Daum does not give quest completion history for your chars which I think is important because right now I have no idea what to do. I can't get anymore quests in the Abandoned Land because I have done them.  So frustrating.

yeah tell me about it ! I have spent hours online looking for away to do this.....To tell the truth I am getting to the stage that I am sorry I put so much money into this game.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0