• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New Undergarments Suggestion: Nontransparent Leggings

134 posts in this topic

Posted

NO CORSETS FOR MALES?!?!?! OUTRAGEOUS. 

Seriously though, I don't see anything wrong with adding this kind of stuff. I just don't get it though. I don't get it the same way I don't get leggings. It's only a color change, in the real world when you're wearing leggings you might as well not be wearing pants. There really isn't any significant difference visibly aside from the fact that your legs are no longer skin tone. The shapes and contours are all still there... I just don't get leggings at all. I think that's my whole point. But then again, there are times where I don't want to where pants or shorts but I also don't want the cops to be called when I get my mail. So maybe for that. I don't know.

Posted

NO CORSETS FOR MALES?!?!?! OUTRAGEOUS. 

Seriously though, I don't see anything wrong with adding this kind of stuff. I just don't get it though. I don't get it the same way I don't get leggings. It's only a color change, in the real world when you're wearing leggings you might as well not be wearing pants. There really isn't any significant difference visibly aside from the fact that your legs are no longer skin tone. The shapes and contours are all still there... I just don't get leggings at all. I think that's my whole point. But then again, there are times where I don't want to where pants or shorts but I also don't want the cops to be called when I get my mail. So maybe for that. I don't know.

In all seriousness I would be fine with dude corsets as an option (so long as there was an option without, manboobies aren't as stigmatized), but I figure that would be harder to get approval for.  :/

But basically:

doublet_CharcoalWool_HoseCottonBurgundy_HoseBlackWool.thumb.jpg.e6b1322207f59cb7doublet_GreenWool_hoseBlackWool_side_sma

Way back when we wore 'em constantly when we were all just like the girls at the mall wearing practically nothing but colored cloth leg snakes.  So if anything else we're just catching back up on our skin-tone-changing-but-little-else Western culture.  Hooray for form-fitting.

3 people like this

Posted

In all seriousness I would be fine with dude corsets as an option (so long as there was an option without, manboobies aren't as stigmatized), but I figure that would be harder to get approval for.  :/

But basically:

doublet_CharcoalWool_HoseCottonBurgundy_HoseBlackWool.thumb.jpg.e6b1322207f59cb7doublet_GreenWool_hoseBlackWool_side_sma

Way back when we wore 'em constantly when we were all just like the girls at the mall wearing practically nothing but colored cloth leg snakes.  So if anything else we're just catching back up on our skin-tone-changing-but-little-else Western culture.  Hooray for form-fitting.

Well now I have a new problem, which is that I could never pull off those red... Are they still leggings? What's that string just below the knee, what's going on here. I don't know but that guy looks pretty fly and I'm pretty sure if I wore that people would shield their children from me.

Posted

Well i love the idea Maevynn and awesome drawing =) Personally when i do a female char i go skimpy as possible because im a big ole hooker. But i see where this would be awesome for people that would want to cover up some. Great idea =) +1 I like it 

1 person likes this

Posted

Well now I have a new problem, which is that I could never pull off those red... Are they still leggings? What's that string just below the knee, what's going on here. I don't know but that guy looks pretty fly and I'm pretty sure if I wore that people would shield their children from me.

I tried looking up the terminology and it's like... Hose (Medieval) -> Breeches (Renaissance?) -> Leggings (19th/20th Century [I think??] onward).  so I just said "leggings", even though in technicality what I'm suggesting is Breeches.

And yeah, it's an added bonus.  You look good and people's kids avoid you and make way in public.  Win-Win.

2 people like this

Posted

I also like this idea, sometimes you just want to be covered up and other times you just want to be a bit more revealing.

Posted

Yes, yes, all my yes. My biggest worries pitching this game to friends are the class gender locks (and age locks for wizard), and the costuming for women.

Posted

This is a korean game, so the female characters are pretty much guaranteed to be oversexualised with little to no "modest" options available

Posted

This is a korean game, so the female characters are pretty much guaranteed to be oversexualised with little to no "modest" options available

Thankfully the BDO NA/EU team have already stated that they're not quite sure what they're going to due with their lingerie options and they want to appeal to a more Western market in that regard so they want to see what we want. :)  It's also why we've gotten new faces, new hair colors, new skin tones, and will eventually be getting some more "Western hairstyles" as well.  They've said there will certainly be content that is centered on BDO EU/NA, and some of it will be character creation/choices options.

In this case, I just want some pants.

Posted

A bit off-topic but do you have a tumblr or deviantart page where you generally post art? Your style is really interesting and I'd like to see more if possible :3

Posted (edited)

Thankfully the BDO NA/EU team have already stated that they're not quite sure what they're going to due with their lingerie options and they want to appeal to a more Western market in that regard so they want to see what we want. :)  It's also why we've gotten new faces, new hair colors, new skin tones, and will eventually be getting some more "Western hairstyles" as well.  They've said there will certainly be content that is centered on BDO EU/NA, and some of it will be character creation/choices options.

In this case, I just want some pants.

Id love to see this in game personally its a awesome idea. I think people should have a choice to show skin or not show it. God knows when i beta tested Blade and soul it was like a buncha horny school kids. its kinda forced in that game for the females i think.

Edited by Chrono20

Posted (edited)

A bit off-topic but do you have a tumblr or deviantart page where you generally post art? Your style is really interesting and I'd like to see more if possible :3

I'm currently working my way out of a year-long art rut so nothing up-to-date.  I'll be sure to let you know if I start something up again!

Id love to see this in game personally its a awesome idea. I think people should have a choice to show skin or not show it. God knows when i beta tested Blade and soul it was like a buncha horny school kids. its kinda forced in that game for the females i think.

Yep, exactly.  It's just all about choice.  Do we wanna get a little sexy sometimes?  Sure, who doesn't?

But like you said when it's forced it loses a lot of its appeal and seems... weird.

Edited by Maevynn

Posted (edited)

I'm currently working my way out of a year-long art rut so nothing up-to-date.  I'll be sure to let you know if I start something up again!

Yep, exactly.  It's just all about choice.  Do we wanna get a little sexy sometimes?  Sure, who doesn't?

But like you said when it's forced it loses a lot of its appeal and seems... weird.

Yea id love to know if you ever post your art ^^ its really great and yea blade and soul kinda feel like your forced to slut it up ya know?

Edited by Chrono20

Posted (edited)

Yes plox, I feel bad for my female chars when they run around under the rain/snow with uncovered legs  s: and just more fashion options, why not.

Edited by Seraph
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't mind this as a suggestion, but what you're asking for is preety much a different and more lax form of censorship. Why? Because:

The general idea is that some people are dissatisfied with the armor sets of their characters (female characters in particular).  The reason for this is often because the armors expose too much skin for their personal tastes.

"for their personal tastes"

If you want my personal opinion - no, I don't like the idea of men and women running around in tights, out of purely aesthetic reasons and BDO has little to no oversexualization. There's also a reason, why korean artists working on the game didn't included them. While I value your feedback, I'm also against this happening, cause what will be next? Sackcloths? This game isn't medieval-based. It's only based around certain medieval aesthetics and has more to do with ancient Rome and Greece, Macedonia and middle-east/arabian mythology, all with an added korean flavor, than it ever had with any direct references to our dark ages.

Edited by CM_Jouska
Removed inflammatory remarks.

Posted (edited)

I don't mind this as a suggestion, but what you're asking for is preety much a different and more lax form of censorship. Why? Because:

"for their personal tastes"

What are you? A feminist SJW?

If you want my personal opinion - no, I don't like the idea of men and women running around in tights, out of purely aesthetic reasons and BDO has little to no oversexualization. There's also a reason, why korean artists working on the game didn't included them. While I value your feedback, I'm also against this happening, cause what will be next? Sackcloths? This game isn't medieval-based. It's only based around certain medieval aesthetics and has more to do with ancient Rome and Greece, Macedonia and middle-east/arabian mythology, all with an added korean flavor, than it ever had with any direct references to our dark ages.

"Some people want to wear pants."

"What are you? A feminist SJW?"

9_9

It's got more Renaissance aesthetics than anything, check out Renaissance Florentine fashions and look at what people are wearing around Calpheon.  There are NPCs in leggings already in-game if you actually pay attention.  We've already got tons of female stockings options (the Sorceress and Ranger get them as default), bridging that gap from the upper thigh to undergarments is hardly a huge jump.  You're also kind-of slippery sloping here with the "what's next".  Leggings/hose/breeches are something that may have started in the medieval period but they're hardly unique to it.

Edited by Maevynn
6 people like this

Posted

You've used a very risky sort of reasoning to support your idea. You could write something along "Some of the npc's ingame wear tighs and stockings. Could we also have such clothing available as additional costumes?". Isn't that looking better already, devoid of any personal bias? Shorter and more meaningful. Instead you just wrote something, that has a ridiculously high chance to trigger a lot of people around and create another flamewar.

Posted

+1.  This would make a lot of costume sets I'd currently steer clear of become attractive options for me.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its all a personal opinion don't go hard on opinions

I love the way BDO is designed I prefer to stay it that way aslong there ain't too much immersion breaking content like cars and AK-47's 

These undegarments from Maevynn's sketch however is n't immersion breaking though I doubt it if they want to implement this in the game.

But are n't there undergarments looking like this allready?

Posted

+1.  This would make a lot of costume sets I'd currently steer clear of become attractive options for me.

This. Some armors/costumes would immediately look way less ridiculous if we had the option of wearing something underneath, especially if it's something that's nicely textured. Together with the flat shoes of the cook costume, that would pretty much solve every issue I have with the design of classes like the valkyrie or the ranger.

Posted

You've used a very risky sort of reasoning to support your idea. You could write something along "Some of the npc's ingame wear tighs and stockings. Could we also have such clothing available as additional costumes?". Isn't that looking better already, devoid of any personal bias? Shorter and more meaningful. Instead you just wrote something, that has a ridiculously high chance to trigger a lot of people around and create another flamewar.

Honestly at this point I think you're just talking/derailing for your own entertainment.  But, I'll continue to entertain.

If I wasn't honest with the "Why?" and the benefits of that, and instead hid behind an apathetic reasoning, then the chances of this being considered would be lesser.  I could make a thousand clothing/undergarment/etc. suggestions, but this one had the particular benefit of also serving a purpose.  That purpose being that some don't like the way the armors look on their characters, and that this would certainly help fix that issue for BDO.

There's absolutely nothing controversial about that, unless someone doesn't like other people getting a minor thing that could make them happy that doesn't detract at all from the game or what others can do with their characters.  It's clear people would be willing to go out of their way to get something like this for that exact reason.

Its all a personal opinion don't go hard on opinions

I love the way BDO is designed I prefer to stay it that way aslong there ain't too much immersion breaking content like cars and AK-47's 

These undegarments from Maevynn's sketch however is n't immersion breaking though I doubt it if they want to implement this in the game.

But are n't there undergarments looking like this allready?

I think there are, but the difference is that the corset is much shorter and the leggings/stockings end at the mid thigh instead of going all the way up (meaning that on classes like Valk, it leaves the legs looking bare on certain armorsets).  It's not a huge difference, but it's enough that it doesn't have the benefit of seeming more "covering", which is what some people want.  I'm for people having all kinds of options, whether you want that shorter corset/leggings option with the bared midriff and thighs, or something a little bit more covering.  It's just all about having the choice, which I think everyone can agree with.

1 person likes this

Posted

This so much +1!

Posted

Love it, let's go!

Posted

Yea when i was playing the ranger i liked the stockings but not being able to dye them... i kinda would have loved to have the tights