• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New Undergarments Suggestion: Nontransparent Leggings

134 posts in this topic

Posted

Since it's come up again, I'll bump this again.

I know you said you'd read tons of Suggestions, @CM_Jouska but have you seen this one before?  I think it's a very good bandaid for a lot of complaints/requests regarding armors showing too much skin.

Noted and added to the list. :)

7 people like this

Posted

I'm willing to put my life on the line here, and state that most players don't really care about not showing skin while having armour on.

A transmogrification like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars 2 has, is even better for full player costumisation. Instead of re-designing every single armour in the game...

Posted

Noted and added to the list. :)

YES!

I hope it'll work on Karlstein and upcoming Milren Fedora (below). Only reason I don't like those is due to panties on stockings.

jPOqgVy.jpg

Trust me. It's not comfy.

Posted

I'm willing to put my life on the line here, and state that most players don't really care about not showing skin while having armour on.

A transmogrification like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars 2 has, is even better for full player costumisation. Instead of re-designing every single armour in the game...

The undergarments are an option that shows underneath (most of) the armor in BDO.  Meaning it isn't re-designing any of the armor to have this, it's just adding one new underwear set.

Example:

Bern outfit, default underwear:

3sl7hS4.png

Bern outfit, Black Garter Belt underwear:

GSzNUWX.png

No need to redesign the existing armors at all.  It's all about giving more options to those (myself included) who want a way to cover up a bit more.

Posted

So... If I keep wearing the ingame armours (not the pearl shop armours) I don't have to care about the inners for my which too much, right? 

Posted

Shameless Bump! +1

Posted

Really adore this suggestion.

Posted

+1

Posted

I support this, more options for fully covering underwear would be very nice, and allow for a much greater variety in "looks", especially considering that a lot of the cash shop costumes are fairly skimpy for female characters.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bump-a-doodle-doo!

Posted

I'm really glad that most of the people that posted here have really taken a liking to this topic and hope that helps bring this to the attention to the devs. . .it is also nice to know that jouska has seen it ^-^

Posted

The undergarments are an option that shows underneath (most of) the armor in BDO.  Meaning it isn't re-designing any of the armor to have this, it's just adding one new underwear set.

Example:

Bern outfit, default underwear:

3sl7hS4.png

Bern outfit, Black Garter Belt underwear: sexy clubwear

GSzNUWX.png

No need to redesign the existing armors at all.  It's all about giving more options to those (myself included) who want a way to cover up a bit more.

+1, that's cool design.

Posted

I did make a thread for this idea once, but I didn't illustrate it and didn't quite say what I meant.  Because of this, I decided to make a new one.  So if there's a bit of a "Haven't I seen something like this before?" feeling... Yes, you might've.

I did a concept sketch to illustrate what I mean:

legginss.thumb.jpg.3ece75052356691fc9f82

(click the image to see it larger)

Why?

The general idea is that some people are dissatisfied with the armor sets of their characters (female characters in particular).  The reason for this is often because the armors expose too much skin for their personal tastes.  While this isn't an issue for many and thus there are plenty of options for them already, there are absolutely no covering options.  Instead of having to remake a copy of every armor set to suit different needs, a much simpler solution would be to allow people to put something underneath their armor.  Thankfully, the undergarment options in the Cash Shop actually create a perfect opportunity for this.  The goal is to create a set of nontransparent leggings, with a corset-type top to also cover the issue of revealing midriffs.  It's entirely accurate with the clothing and technology we've seen in BDO, and allows people a much greater choice in how they want to represent their characters.

Important for this to work that I can't emphasize enough:

1. The midriff cannot be revealed.
  2. It is a flat nontransparent texture going all the way up the legs.
  3. There are no unnecessary holes or cut-outs.

A male set of leggings could easily be added for the sake of not pushing the ratio of female:male cash shop items further towards female items, and because it's a stylish and world-accurate option for undergarments and men need more of them.

How?

Because underwear textures are merely edits to the base body mesh, no modeling is required.  It's purely texture/material work from my understanding.  Add them to the Cash Shop alongside the other Underwear options, or maybe even in-game to a vendor, or as mileage points.  The implementation doesn't matter, so long as they're there.  Then people have the option to cover up their upper thighs, midriffs, legs-in-general, and so-on.  Or they can go right along with the Default/Cash Shop undergarments already in-game.  Even for those who don't care about "covering up", they offer a new option that they may like better than current options.

TL;DR?

• Leggings + Corset cover the "problem areas" that some people dislike about "revealing armors" on female characters.
  • Male characters get a new set of undergarments as well.
  • People still have their "revealing options", there's nothing forcing someone to buy this.
  • A larger variety of options.
  • Entirely world-accurate and non immersion-breaking.

+1

Posted

/vote

Posted

I would love to see this. +1, I'm out of votes for the day.

Posted (edited)

I would love to see this. +1, I'm out of votes for the day.

Giving mine in your place, even though I like this too, corset is so fashionable especially for the atmosphere of the game, please give us (oh yeah for males too) !

I can't give 2 votes so, if anyone else can, vote in my place too ^_^

I did a concept sketch to illustrate what I mean:

legginss.thumb.jpg.3ece75052356691fc9f82

P.S.

Beautiful art design 💝

Edited by Akesuke
snip
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A female character should always show more skin, IMO. Kunoichi in particular, which ironically can't wear the Kibelius Set that shows off the most skin. Kunoichi from history use their physical assets and psychological tactics on men to gain the advantage towards assassination. While they possess equal skill of a Ninja, they gain a further advantage by their beauty.. They are infiltrators and spies, and don't wear armor like a Ninja.

The only thing I object to here is if this styling preference should extend to outfits/costumes. Having only a limited number of new outfits/costumes released each time, I'm concerned that they should be all or predominantly as the OP suggested. I actually want the opposite, to show more skin like the Kibelius Set.

And using Valencia dye I can actually make the Kibelius Set transparent and show off my underwear lol. Which takes it even further in terms of showing off skin, which I love. kXkYnUM.jpg

Edited by Orion Xavier

Posted

A female character should always show more skin, IMO. Kunoichi in particular, which ironically can't wear the Kibelius Set that shows off the most skin. Kunoichi from history use their physical assets and psychological tactics on men to gain the advantage towards assassination. While they possess equal skill of a Ninja, they gain a further advantage by their beauty.. They are infiltrators and spies, and don't wear armor like a Ninja.

The only thing I object to here is if this styling preference should extend to outfits/costumes. Having only a limited number of new outfits/costumes released each time, I'm concerned that they should be all or predominantly as the OP suggested. I actually want the opposite, to show more skin like the Kibelius Set.

And using Valencia dye I can actually make the Kibelius Set transparent and show off my underwear lol. Which takes it even further in terms of showing off skin, which I love. 

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding (are you saying that you want the outfits to mostly be the way I suggested, but then to have some more revealing outfits?  Or that you're concerned that they'd be more covering?)  Either way though, you've got plenty of options for that!  Currently there aren't any female outfits that cover the legs.

Also in BDO lore, Kunoichis are very much warriors like a Ninja.  In fact, the Kunoichi awakening questline has to do with a war between her clan and the "Circle Blade" clan, while the Ninja's has to do with how he was once a warrior but became an assassin and information trader.  Not every person who is into one particular profession is going to go about that the same way, nor are they all going to dress in one particular way.

Look at the way all of the female NPCs in BDO dress.  Is it really out of place to have an option more covering when your average woman looks like this when in battle?

gy6FGXi.png

1hAckT7.jpg

Not to mention, this would be an option, not something required.  Nobody would be forcing you into nontransparent leggings.  All of the undergarment options are essentially the same in that they show tons of skin.  It wouldn't kill us to have at least one option that wasn't like that.  You still have plenty of skimpy options, this wouldn't threaten that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding (are you saying that you want the outfits to mostly be the way I suggested, but then to have some more revealing outfits?  Or that you're concerned that they'd be more covering?)  Either way though, you've got plenty of options for that!  Currently there aren't any female outfits that cover the legs.

I'm trying to discourage the impression that "most" NA/EU players prefer more realism with clothing and armor. Korean games have excellent outfits. They are perfect the way they are. But then in any localization of a Korean game to "Western" players, they become CENSORED. By covering up more skin.

The idea as I understand it is that your character is someone with skill above and beyond most. Gaining an advantage with your connection to the black spirit. You're a superior being (with looks to match). Therefore you dress to impress, to flaunt. That's why I don't find NPC clothing attractive because it's to dress as an average citizen.

I don't care if they add underwear to provide leggings, or add it to costumes, so long as it doesn't censor what already exists from the Korean version.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm trying to discourage the impression that "most" NA/EU players prefer more realism with clothing and armor. Korean games have excellent outfits. They are perfect the way they are. But then in any localization of a Korean game to "Western" players, they become CENSORED. By covering up more skin.
The idea as I understand it is that your character is someone with skill above and beyond most. Gaining an advantage with your connection to the black spirit. You're a superior being (with looks to match). Therefore you dress to impress, to flaunt. That's why I don't find NPC clothing attractive because it's to dress as an average citizen.

I don't care if they add underwear to provide leggings, or add it to costumes, so long as it doesn't censor what already exists from the Korean version.

Yep, nobody's asking for censorship!  Just some more variety of options.

Posted

I absolutely agree. I hate censorship with a burning passion, but this simply adds. It doesn't take away or change any current costumes.

Posted

bump

Posted

Daaamn... last bump is ago some while.

Where are my undergarments, i'm freezing my A** of Kakao!

1 person likes this

Posted

Bump~ 

Perfect season for leggings! (   ._.)  please?