• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Okay the odds are what??

73 posts in this topic

Posted

get gd ? 

the odds are 0% as there is no hack 

The odds of something doing this are 0%?  Your statement doesn't make sense.  Do you mean the odds are 100% possible because there is no hack.?

1 person likes this

Posted

The odds of something doing this are 0%?  Your statement doesn't make sense.  Do you mean the odds are 100% possible because there is no hack.?

100% no hack

Posted

I would rather hear it from a Dev or a GM.  There are alot of sketchy things happening in game.  Great game and love to play it don't get me wrong but, cheats are in every game obviously but I am just not sure if something like this is able to be done.  If so, that really sucks and if not.. great :D 

Posted

Watch mob drops turn out to be a client-side thing that's exploitable 9_9

From what I have heard, it is, and it's packet spoofing.. hope this is not true;

Posted

I would rather hear it from a Dev or a GM.  There are alot of sketchy things happening in game.  Great game and love to play it don't get me wrong but, cheats are in every game obviously but I am just not sure if something like this is able to be done.  If so, that really sucks and if not.. great :D 

i already proved in this forum i know what im talking about . 

there is no drop rate hack the end 

want a cm sure @CM_Jouska 

Posted

i already proved in this forum i know what im talking about . 

there is no drop rate hack the end 

want a cm sure @CM_Jouska 

okay, firstly, you haven't proved anything to me. secondly, this is a discussion about the ODDS of such thing happening.  You provided zero proof that such an event could or could not happen.  They are called "RARE" drops for a reason.  Does someone get lucky and get a few sure, but for someone to get consistently get the amount of rare drops just seems ludicrous and impossible.  And what makes you sooooo sure that such a hack does not exist? 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Okay I can give some input on this as I have farmed 21 marks or so in the abandoned monastery alone. So I think that's quite a few to be able to give some statistics regarding this.

My class is tamer, lvl 56

Only recently I started farming the abandoned monastery excessively and I already farm it a lot less since monday as I have 2 duo marks which was a major goal for me.

One mark takes me on average 1 hour and 10-20 minutes. Sometimes less, sometimes more. As example today one took me about 30 minutes.

Calpheon Shadow Wizards take about 1 second to kill, rest except for the sturdy elite guy about 2-3 seconds.

Over a span of about 24 hours with sleep included I got 8 marks.

I got the majority of these marks (only counting the ones from the abandoned monastery, not the 5 from mudster, neither the 4-5 or so I bought) since after the maintenance last week on wednesday.

Except for one warrior who was about on par (probably a bit slower) with my killing speed, nobody could compete with my killing speed.

I never used a party.

Judging from all of this, one could say that you can hardly kill these mobs more efficient than I do.

Now seeing the amount of marks I farmed and the amount of time I farmed in the abandoned monastery I think I can afford to say what I think about the drops from the mentioned person:

It seems fishy if it happens continously, but is by no means very surprising if it happens once.

Like 6-7 weeks ago I got 3 witch's earrings in one day over a span of about 35 minutes. The second one came in about about 5 minutes after the first one, logically followed about 30 minutes later by the third.

I don't use any exploits or hacks for Black Desert Online.

Do with this information what you like to.

Edited by give ninja/kunoichi :3

Posted

I wont quote your whole post and I appreciate the information. I agree that "one offs" can and will happen. As I have said before this person is consistent with his rare items.  I am curious to see how and if daum responds to this thread. I doubt they will say if there is a "known cheat" to create this kind of luck. But we'll see. 

Posted (edited)

Phantasy Star Online has a unique 'name to drop' system. Depending on your name, it's letters, accounting for upper and lower case, go into an algorithm and it spits out a colored seal for your character. The color of the seal determines what kinds of drops you will receive more of. Could this game have a similar system in place?

wouldn't surprise me I seem to always get 2-3 orange grade crystals at the start of a grind and then next to nothing been farming abandoned/hexe for 2 weeks..no earrings or marks just orange crystals at the start of the grind nodes r lvls 5/6 atm

Edited by Khazard

Posted

Okay, before the trolls say "GET GOOD" and blah blah.. I'm going to ask this community a question.  In my server I have seen the same person, yesterday "Tuesday" get 2 witches earrings about 5 minutes apart ( doable i suppose) then about 10 minutes later give or take a few minutes get 2 mark of shadows about 10 minutes apart.  I didn't think anything at the time, I was like " wow dude has some serious luck".  But today was the cake... In a span of literally 15 minutes the guy gets 3 Mark of Shadows in a row.  Now either he is extremely lucky or this guy knows something we all dont.  Has anyone else seen this or been this lucky.  I have played the game since release and played in JP for about 6 months and never seen anything like it.  I myself have gotten earrings and shadows but only 2 of each and were hours/days apart and have spent hours upon hours grinding these spots for more.  

so... When is your plan to git gud or get Alienware? 8)

Posted

You clowns need tinfoil, post proof or stfu about ridiculous speculation about some loot hack. Freaking ridiculous, this is how half the population thinks the game is plagued with hackers, AH bots, etc.

Idiots and pure speculation with no domain knowledge of the subject whatsoever.

1 person likes this

Posted

You clowns need tinfoil, post proof or stfu about ridiculous speculation about some loot hack. Freaking ridiculous, this is how half the population thinks the game is plagued with hackers, AH bots, etc.

Idiots and pure speculation with no domain knowledge of the subject whatsoever

I didnt say there was a hack or known cheat. I just wanted to know the odds of this happening. This did happen and I certainly wouldn't have wasted the time to start a thread about something that didn't happen.  I cant speak for some of the other replies.  

so... When is your plan to git gud or get Alienware? 8)

"git'rng good" as we speak lol.  No alienware as I already have a nice machine :D 

Posted

finally a man with a clue i think

Posted

Okay I can give some input on this as I have farmed 21 marks or so in the abandoned monastery alone. So I think that's quite a few to be able to give some statistics regarding this.

My class is tamer, lvl 56

Only recently I started farming the abandoned monastery excessively and I already farm it a lot less since monday as I have 2 duo marks which was a major goal for me.

One mark takes me on average 1 hour and 10-20 minutes. Sometimes less, sometimes more. As example today one took me about 30 minutes.

Calpheon Shadow Wizards take about 1 second to kill, rest except for the sturdy elite guy about 2-3 seconds.

Over a span of about 24 hours with sleep included I got 8 marks.

I got the majority of these marks (only counting the ones from the abandoned monastery, not the 5 from mudster, neither the 4-5 or so I bought) since after the maintenance last week on wednesday.

Except for one warrior who was about on par (probably a bit slower) with my killing speed, nobody could compete with my killing speed.

I never used a party.

Judging from all of this, one could say that you can hardly kill these mobs more efficient than I do.

Now seeing the amount of marks I farmed and the amount of time I farmed in the abandoned monastery I think I can afford to say what I think about the drops from the mentioned person:

It seems fishy if it happens continously, but is by no means very surprising if it happens once.

Like 6-7 weeks ago I got 3 witch's earrings in one day over a span of about 35 minutes. The second one came in about about 5 minutes after the first one, logically followed about 30 minutes later by the third.

I don't use any exploits or hacks for Black Desert Online.

Do with this information what you like to.

Here is the problem, I farmed the place for more than 24 hours with rest as well, and got zero marks within 2 days period. Now, others get them to drop within hours of starting, and numerous amounts. This is ridiculous. I understand there is RNG, but there has to be a lot more than that involved with this. Because if it is RNG, the odds are, I would have already gotten one. There has to be some hidden stat that some people have to get these drops.

A guild member gets ogre rings, livertos, and tree belts like they grow on trees.... so there has to be more to this than just simple RNG.

Posted (edited)

You provided zero proof that such an event could or could not happen. 

Proof: Lets assume it could not happen

That would mean the probability of an item x dropping n times would be 0 (n > 1)

0 = P(x) * P(x) * P(x) * .... * P(x)      while P(x) is the probability that item x drops

0 = P(x)^n
0 = P(x)

=> the probability for that item do drop 1 time would be 0.
Since these items evidentially have a droprate > 0, it follows that such an event must have a probability >0 and therefore could happen.

I know its not 100% formal correct proof, but forum doesn't support all the symbols i would need :)

Edited by Faustus

Posted

I didnt say there was a hack or known cheat. I just wanted to know the odds of this happening. This did happen and I certainly wouldn't have wasted the time to start a thread about something that didn't happen.  I cant speak for some of the other replies.  

"git'rng good" as we speak lol.  No alienware as I already have a nice machine :D 

git'n Alienware is part of git'n gud. Has my discipleship done nothing to my faithful viewers?  Certified professionals being uncanny products at AW. Nothing truly compares

Posted

And you have proof it isn't hacking, or exploiting? I didn't think so... (I'm not saying there are.. just pointing out that you have no proof either).

Posted (edited)

And you have proof it isn't hacking, or exploiting? I didn't think so... (I'm not saying there are.. just pointing out that you have no proof either).

The one making an existence claim always has the burden of proof.
In order to disprove an existence claim, you would need to show that everything that exist cannot be the existence in question.
99% of time this is impossible to proof, therefore the burden of proof lays on the the person making the existence claim, not the one doubting it.

Therefore: What can be asserted without proof, can also be dismissed without proof.

Edited by Faustus

Posted (edited)

Sure man the hack is out there guys the node drop rate Mos rings all day long 

there a hack for this cause please explain why someone got 3 mark of shadows in a hour , im calling hackusations guys that kid must hacked to get 3 mark of shadows , damm him , using his bot to grind skeletons for 2 weeks then constant supply of mos and witches earings and kazarkas using his ultimates and invicebillltiesss , Guys he hack trust me

Edited by Maxwell wabbits
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Here is the problem, I farmed the place for more than 24 hours with rest as well, and got zero marks within 2 days period. Now, others get them to drop within hours of starting, and numerous amounts. This is ridiculous. I understand there is RNG, but there has to be a lot more than that involved with this. Because if it is RNG, the odds are, I would have already gotten one. There has to be some hidden stat that some people have to get these drops.

A guild member gets ogre rings, livertos, and tree belts like they grow on trees.... so there has to be more to this than just simple RNG.

Really no mark at all? What class and level are you and have you really farmed the spot CONTINOUSLY like I did, except when you slept, bought/repaired or ate something? Oh and first you say more than 24 hours sounding like slightly more than 24 hours then suddenly it's 2 days?

By the way regarding my post with the information, since last week after the maintenance I got the majority of the marks which I got in the abandoned monastery (not the 5 from mudsters or 4-5 or so I bought) as I mentioned and since then I leveled my node to 6 starting from 3 or 4 I think and I think my luck was/is mostly at 5.

I didn't really notice a difference in mark drops with different node levels, however I think all the other drops increased with increasing node level, maybe even with increasing energy put into it when not even leveling it up with it, I'm not sure about that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Proof: Lets assume it could not happen
That would mean the probability of an item x dropping n times would be 0 (n > 1)

0 = P(x) * P(x) * P(x) * .... * P(x)      while P(x) is the probability that item x drops

0 = P(x)^n
0 = P(x)

=> the probability for that item do drop 1 time would be 0.
Science these items evidentially have a droprate > 0, it follows that such an event must have a probability >0 and therefore could happen.

I know its not 100% formal correct proof, but forum doesn't support all the symbols i would need :)

this was the exact calculations i thought of i just didn't understand how to calculate P(x)^n thanks for clearing that up for me 

Posted

Did you.... did you really just say that?

There is a difference from claiming everything is fine and claiming the house is on fire. If you claim the house is on fire, the burden is on you for proof, not on the person saying things are fine to prove things are fine. In what -----ing world do you live in that your statement is at all logical or reasonable? So because someone hasn't provided proof that there is a problem, clearly that means there is a problem....

f1f52abb3713c10277cb5068aa5d9a0dfb7f9c6d

I am talking to this whole thread, your initial post has sparked off speculation of a hack because people think your luck can be modified client side and effect something that is likely server side, all the while claiming it is possibly/likely all client side. As if any of them know at all what is actually possible or not. Blind speculation is retarded and leads morons to start believing it to be true. Its how we got to the whole BS months ago about how you shouldn't do skill point quests because they get you to the soft cap fatser, completely and utterly baseless speculation that immediately the average joe started believing so the whole community accepted it as fact. 

Put simply, the odds of what you saw are very low, but not impossible. Luck is luck, I've had a guildie get 2 MOS off the same pack, I've also had a guildie get none for a week of grinding, both equally likely really in terms of outliers, but not impossible. Same with your situation of three drops, it is possible just unlikely. You'd need far more evidence to prove otherwise (or at least reasonable suspect foul play). And just because one name continuously pops up for loot, doesn't mean there is something foul afoot. Some people grind for these day in/out, they get rewarded. They are stacking +5 luck, likely lvl 7+ node, even possibly the loyalty +20% drop rate scroll, GM apology scroll, etc. 

So in my experience in the game, no, what happened does not point to foul play, just this player got very lucky it seems. Should you continuously see such things happen then maybe get suspicious. But until then the people in this thread need to calm the ----- down.

Posted (edited)

I want to add that a player in my server got I think 20 GM's blessings because I think he said they wiped his items more than once mistakenly or something like that. He said they give you 2,5% additive droprate I think for 24 hours, meaning if something has a droprate of let's say 0,1 you dont get 0,1025% but actually 2,51%. I don't know if this is true but he farmed at least 8 ogre rings over 12 days I think and like 10-14 hours a day I think. Sounds like a lot of time, but 8 ogre rings are still a lot. Maybe this item was used by the player mentioned in this thread.

Posted

I want to add that a player in my server got I think 20 GM's blessings because I think he said they wiped his items more than once mistakenly or something like that. He said they give you 2,5% additive droprate

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Or in other words: Screenshot or didn't happen.

Posted

for 55+ players that are farming gray mobs at these locations, is the drop rate reduced due to level difference? Is there confirmation of this anywhere?