• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

all musa / maehwa issues in here Musa + Maehwa DP + AP bugged + other issues (PVE+PVP) main thread

1,440 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So.. Maehwa got nerfed this patch? Chase is slower now and it feels like it doesn't go as far as it used to.

Edited by Koi
3 people like this

Posted

So for you DP is working properly? If the class is working properly then what is the goal of having my 162 DP, while DP got no effect at all on the Musa/Maehwa? i run naked it's exactly the same (well with a +0 taritas / grunil), if it's not a bug than it's a -----ing bad game design!

Some spells seem to deal no damage at all. In comparaison with other class (for me, my Ranger that only has 85 AP), i deal tons more damage than with my Maehwa that has 120 AP... How is that possible, when Maehwa = Melee Damage + Not supposed to be hitten a lot & Ranger = Range Damage + Not supposed to be hitten a lot ???? (bug of Maehwa OR Bad game design)

Some spells not working properly, best example: Chase 2!!!

But yeah "everything is fine" lol Even if you think the class is ok in term of AP/DP/Damage taken/Damage dealt, some spells are broken like Chase 2.

For me and many others DP does have an effect and not just since today. Its either just some people having this bug or some people imagining things...

Posted

Yeah it even has a 2nd CD timer :'D so after 4 seconds you get another 4 seconds lel

Posted (edited)

For me and many others DP does have an effect and not just since today. Its either just some people having this bug or some people imagining things...

The problem isn't DP working on the class. It works sure, but not how it's supposed to be working. The problem is that it's broken when compared to other classes. You'll take less damage on a Witch for example with the same gear on.

Edited by Koi

Posted (edited)

Well apparently for me there was some important changes with AP/DP. Seems to work fine finally.

Compared to last week!

Edited by MishaX

Posted (edited)

Cat you didn't purely "solo."
And while yes with decent play you can kill just about all mediah trash (the lizards in the south *big ones* make me worried though)

It doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is this class deals LESS damage, takes MORE damage, and isn't really more mobile then warrior, Sorc, and tamer.

That isn't balanced. 

If you put up a "good fight" vs a warrior its likely on their end. Why? Because by raw numbers they are flat out better. 

Some are overly upset, stating its unplayable. But the truth of the matter is till we're as squishy as rangers, or do more damage then them, it feels a bit of a joke to have something better in ALL departments. Where is the give and ta

I've played solo enough in each level bracket to know the class has no problem handling all the mobs people are complaining about if played correctly. As for damage I really don't know where this is coming from. All of my PvP experiences with similar geared players have never been a damage issue, just me engaging wrong, or choosing the wrong combo. I do plenty of damage, its just as I said before the class is hard to master. We are most definitely more mobile than other classes if I can choose when i let my opponent can engage me. Yeah we're squishy but that isn't a problem when you can out run every meele class. Wizards have long animations, wich you can punish by reverse dashing through them and CCing. Ppl just need to spend time in arenas fighting classes over and over to figure it out instead of sitting on here waiting for PA to make it faceroll like they want it to.

My point is I've played the class a lot in pvp and pve and sure at first I was frustrated and wanted to blame the class like everyon else, but soon I realized that the problem wasn't the class, it was the player (me).

Edited by Cat Box

Posted (edited)

The problem isn't DP working on the class. It works sure, but not how it's supposed to be working. The problem is that it's broken when compared to other classes. You'll take less damage on a Witch for example with the same gear on.

no, i take exactly the same amount of damage as my sorc. i tested this against helms. of course its still possible that there is some bug only for some people or under certain circumstances.

I just dont believe it to be honset because people in this forum always cry and exaggerate.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted (edited)

I've played solo enough in each level bracket to know the class has no problem handling all the mobs people are complaining about if played correctly. As for damage I really don't know where this is coming from. All of my PvP experiences with similar geared players have never been a damage issue, just me engaging wrong, or choosing the wrong combo. I do plenty of damage, its just as I said before the class is hard to master. We are most definitely more mobile than other classes if I can choose when i let my opponent can engage me. Yeah we're squishy but that isn't a problem when you can out run every meele class. Wizards have long animations, wich you can punish by reverse dashing through them and CCing. Ppl just need to spend time in arenas fighting classes over and over to figure it out instead of sitting on here waiting for PA to make it faceroll like they want it to.

You do understand that the severe nerf to the CD of iframes (without awakening) means that just because you are dashing around doesn't mean you are not taking damage, not being cced and getting knocked down.

Not to mention that Chase II doesn't even work.

Edited by Atreius

Posted

You do understand the sever nerf to the CD of iframes (without awakening) means that just because you are dashing around doesn't mean you are not taking damage, not being cced and getting knocked down.

Not to mention that Chase II doesn't even work.

yeah I'm fully aware, whats your point?

Posted

the w+f+rmb combo works with the chase 2 now?

Posted

My point is I've played the class a lot in pvp and pve and sure at first I was frustrated and wanted to blame the class like everyon else, but soon I realized that the problem wasn't the class, it was the player (me).

So you can handle them. Great as can I. You seem to be taking a few "crying" people and drumming everyone else as part of it.

Let me explain further seeing as you're just generalizing everyone.

1. Plum / Blader take more mob damage, by a very large factor then the following classes. Sorc, Wizard/witch, ranger.
2. Those listed classes are the high damage output classes.
3. Those classes deal considerably more damage with the same gear as the Blader / Plum does.
4. Sorc and ranger are just as mobile, and sorc has far strong "iframes" when compared to Blader / Plum.

Because we take MORE damage and are FAR more squishy, we should have a trade off yes? Where is it? What does the class gain?
Because we deal LESS damage then every class in the game, we should have something "good" about the class yes? Where is that? What is that?

If your answer is "we can run in a relative straight line faster then any class. I counter with, warrior, ranger can cover farther distances, with almost the exact same speed as our "chase" does.
Yet both of those classes take LESS damage then Blader / Plum.
Why is it that a class can deal MORE damage, but takes less damage then Blader / Plum?

You can talk about personal skill all you want, heck I'll agree a large part of it is that.
But you cannot in any way shape or form discredit the actual NUMBER PERFORMANCE issues that Blader / Plum currently are suffering *I hear PvP damage has been reasonably rectified this new patch*
Why can you not discredit those concepts? Because they're factual, not opinionated. Numbers don't lie. When an ability says it does X% damage. And compared to another classes ability that does reasonably the same % you'd expect the same or reasonably same output at the same AP yes? Guess what, it doesn't. THAT is a problem.

Posted

yeah I'm fully aware, whats your point?

My point is that it should not have happened. To say that everything is ok with the class is stupid. Some things such as that nerf, when we don't have awakening make absolutely no sense and some skills like Chase II are straight broken. That is not even touching on the DP.

At this point it doesn't matter much, they are at least looking at it.

Posted

Did some more test DP & AP were corrected during patch, don't know how but they are good now

Posted

Did some more test DP & AP were corrected during patch, don't know how but they are good now

SO it wasw fixxed for pvp ?because went out and did some PvE and still taking the same dmg

Posted

For some that didn't read properly some mobs got adjusted as well thats why we don't take much dmg on them but i still have that sausan dp bug i kill 50 and then 1 do "huge" dmg which is almost a one shot

Posted

no, i take exactly the same amount of damage as my sorc. i tested this against helms. of course its still possible that there is some bug only for some people or under certain circumstances.

I just dont believe it to be honset because people in this forum always cry and exaggerate.

I beg to differ since I tested this out myself a couple nights ago with my Sorc by soloing ogres.  Half the time on my Blader i'm focused on moving around trying not to get 2 shotted at 148 DP while as compared to my Sorc (with the same gear btw), half the time I'm taking these things head on getting hit on purpose with almost no issues.  More power to you if your Blader is working as intended, but for most of us... DP is borked.  

Also, to the people saying "get good", I hope you people realize that those of us who are posting about the bugged DP are getting hit on purpose for the sake of running these tests.

Posted (edited)

I beg to differ since I tested this out myself a couple nights ago with my Sorc by soloing ogres.  Half the time on my Blader i'm focused on moving around trying not to get 2 shotted at 148 DP while as compared to my Sorc (with the same gear btw), half the time I'm taking these things head on getting hit on purpose with almost no issues.  More power to you if your Blader is working as intended, but for most of us... DP is borked.  

Also, to the people saying "get good", I hope you people realize that those of us who are posting about the bugged DP are getting hit on purpose for the sake of running these tests.

my sorc gets killed in 2 hits by ogres as well. i just find it easier to dodge with sorc which might be the main problem, people not knowing how to avoid damage with their bladers

edit: i did not (yet) take  the defensive passive on sorc though, so not sure how much this actually matters

Edited by Alexiel

Posted (edited)

So you can handle them. Great as can I. You seem to be taking a few "crying" people and drumming everyone else as part of it.
Let me explain further seeing as you're just generalizing everyone.

1. Plum / Blader take more mob damage, by a very large factor then the following classes. Sorc, Wizard/witch, ranger.
2. Those listed classes are the high damage output classes.
3. Those classes deal considerably more damage with the same gear as the Blader / Plum does.
4. Sorc and ranger are just as mobile, and sorc has far strong "iframes" when compared to Blader / Plum.

Because we take MORE damage and are FAR more squishy, we should have a trade off yes? Where is it? What does the class gain?
Because we deal LESS damage then every class in the game, we should have something "good" about the class yes? Where is that? What is that?

If your answer is "we can run in a relative straight line faster then any class. I counter with, warrior, ranger can cover farther distances, with almost the exact same speed as our "chase" does.
Yet both of those classes take LESS damage then Blader / Plum.
Why is it that a class can deal MORE damage, but takes less damage then Blader / Plum?

You can talk about personal skill all you want, heck I'll agree a large part of it is that.
But you cannot in any way shape or form discredit the actual NUMBER PERFORMANCE issues that Blader / Plum currently are suffering *I hear PvP damage has been reasonably rectified this new patch*
Why can you not discredit those concepts? Because they're factual, not opinionated. Numbers don't lie. When an ability says it does X% damage. And compared to another classes ability that does reasonably the same % you'd expect the same or reasonably same output at the same AP yes? Guess what, it doesn't. THAT is a problem.

Im on these posts all the time and have yet to see any REAL proof that we deal less damage and take more. I've seen both sides of the argument  and decided to take matters into my own hand and see for myself. Even if they do deal/take less/more its marginable at best and isn't game breaking. And if all you are doing with dash is going in a straight line than that I'd also part of your problem. Also no where in the patch notes does it state that our PvP damage has been increased

I do agree that we have to put more work in for less gain than other classes but I personally don't mind that.

Edited by Cat Box

Posted (edited)

conclusion to their sh*t work on plum, and barely any real fix, nor skill fix..etc : delete plum, pointless class to play ( and yeah, in the mean time sorceress can iframe every evasive move, no issue at all... wtf. )

Got it ! thanks for your hard work Daum / PA, or whoever else.

That's over me how thoses guys barely provide any decent work to fix / balance class ( and i dont even speak about the ZERO detail in the patch note ).. that's.... incredible.... Rarely saw a so bad job for that point.

I'am now really curious to see how they are going to f# up kunoichi.

Edited by woots

Posted

Im on these posts all the time and have yet to see any REAL proof that we deal less damage and take more. I've seen both sides of the argument  and decided to take matters into my own hand and see for myself. Even if they do deal/take less/more its marginable at best and isn't game breaking. And if all you are doing with dash is going in a straight line than that I'd also part of your problem. Also no where in the patch notes does it state that our PvP damage has been increased

I do agree that we have to put more work in for less gain than other classes but I personally don't mind that.

read this. I've done mob kill time comparisons with my Valk. SoJ is within the same ballpark and PvE damage is off somewhat. But PvP damage. Oh me oh my.

I'll have to see if I can test things with the new patch. AND while there is nothing saying directly PvP damage has changes, my hope is whatever was causing abilities to do FAR less then advertised in PvP hopefully has been rectified.

So a guild mate and i did some pretty extensive testing to semi determine a damage formula, hard to know if something is bugged if you dont know what it should be doing.

I'm gonna start by saying that my ability to math is awful so something probably isn't totally accurate.

To start my Blader/Musa is level 52 with 143 ap and 149 dp this is including the ap guild buff and Serendia special. all numbers were tested on a level 50 tamer with 0 dp/ 0ap.

First thing i did to determine how much damage i should be doing i went off the basis that 1ap=1 damage then using slice 1 which does 98% damage x2  hits,  i took 143 x .98 and came up with 140.14 so in theory my auto on a 0 mitigation target should do 140 damage if its 1:1 ratio so I tested it on him and took the average damage which came to be 22 damage. divided my ap by 22 to  get 6.5 then divided 100 by 6.5 and got 15.38 so by this is determined that I'm doing 15% of my ap as damage on my abilities; so with 143 ap i determined that i only actually had 21.45 ap to scale abilities with, so to test this i punched that number into the calculator x the % of my skills to get an idea of how much damage i was going to do to my guildie. i started by testing stub arrow 2 which does 280% x2, but when i hit him it did roughly half the damage it was calculated to do. i originally thought that maybe it just had a pvp reduction but after testing numerous skills i determined that my skills were doing the damage they would be doing over a single hit rather than over all hits so 280x2 was 280% damage 140% per hit and after i started calculating it from the % only stated by the skill not over each hit it came to be within 10% of the damage i calculated every single time which i figured for damage ranges.

From the hours of testing we determined that either the skills are bugged and are not doing nearly the damage they should be essentially only doing the % damage on the single hit or the Bladers just really don't do any damage at all. I'm all for balance but at 143 ap which is average or above i should be 1 hitting someone with 0 dp using my strongest ability. yet my damage numbers were nothing short of disappointing. Using blooming: phantom i wasn't  able to 1 hit someone with 0 dp and 2 levels lower with a crit attack gem in my off hand.

I apologize for the poor grammar and formatting but i was more worried about getting the information out there than formatting.

Posted

@CM_Jouska give us some fricking answers man come on, it has been 4 days since your last reply!!!! crappy support

Posted

The pvp balance didn't do shit. CC an enemy, use all your damaging skills, hardly do any damage. If you get CC'd however, you're still instantly dead.  

Posted

So.. Maehwa got nerfed this patch? Chase is slower now and it feels like it doesn't go as far as it used to.

Yup, they made the class useless in more ways than one now. I can think of 4 reasons why plum/blader is pretty much a dead class till they fix it (it's pretty retarded we're hitting the third week of the broken class).

Posted

This is literally friking outrageous . we need a fix and we need answer and we need it now. 

2 people like this

Posted

Instead of a fix Plum got a nerf on chase??? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY