• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Z-fighting, Shimmering/Flashing textures

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I posted some time ago about grainy textures but that was only the small problem. Now it's getting on my nerves, so I looked up solutions on it and found out that's it's been happening for more than 5 years on most games and still no solution. It is really bad and destroying my immersion. I'm playing on the highest minus the high end mode. Here's some examples. I'm using MSI r9 390.

This one I recorded on High End mode. Does this look high end to you?

This problem isn't on just Black Desert, But on most 3D games I play.

Edited by Kirihito

Posted (edited)

This problem isn't on just Black Desert, But on most 3D games I play.

try to force anti-aliasing in your AMD gpu panel , make a profile for BDO and put all this shit to roof . put your fans to 100% 
the pop-out and draw distance is working as intented , no system can possibly renders much larger area/npcs and players with the kind of graphics BDO has close range.

Edited by Sizer

Posted (edited)

I mean, it'd be nice if you already listed the troubleshooting you've already done. Did you try a new monitor? Does the monitor have free sync/gsync settings? What's your resolution vs monitor res? Are those your videos? Did you reinstall your drivers? Are they up to date? Did you find out this problem is happening with your specific gpu because you said you found out it's been going on for 5 years... That's a long ass time with a lot of improvement to technology. Is it an amd problem? I mean... I could go on but we will see what you say.

This is tech support stuff btw

I also just swung over to the other thread you had made about this last week and it looks like Sizer and I had basically posted again to help you but you stopped responding. If you ask for help, atleast have the decency to respond before making another thread crying in the wind.

Edited by Flood

Posted

Is you're GPU overclocked? The window in the 1st video looks like an artifact. Try lowering your overclock.

Posted

try to force anti-aliasing in your AMD gpu panel , make a profile for BDO and put all this shit to roof . put your fans to 100% the pop-out and draw distance is working as intented , no system can possibly renders much larger area/npcs and players with the kind of graphics BDO has close range.

I've tried overriding the AA setting and everything else in the Radeon panel but nothing is being changed in game. 

I mean, it'd be nice if you already listed the troubleshooting you've already done. Did you try a new monitor? Does the monitor have free sync/gsync settings? What's your resolution vs monitor res? Are those your videos? Did you reinstall your drivers? Are they up to date? Did you find out this problem is happening with your specific gpu because you said you found out it's been going on for 5 years... That's a long ass time with a lot of improvement to technology. Is it an amd problem? I mean... I could go on but we will see what you say.

This is tech support stuff btw

I also just swung over to the other thread you had made about this last week and it looks like Sizer and I had basically posted again to help you but you stopped responding. If you ask for help, atleast have the decency to respond before making another thread crying in the wind.

no sync, 1080p, yes I recorded these, The latest drivers 16.1, I've tried downgrading aswell, I've tried removing all drivers. I had an MSI HD 7850 and had this problem, It's not just amd happens to nvdia aswell. i've been looking for solutions for this problem but it seems no one has found a working solution. tried another monitor. tried radeon pro but it's not being detected. because of xigncode 3rd party programs are useless.

Is you're GPU overclocked? The window in the 1st video looks like an artifact. Try lowering your overclock.

OCed or not still happens.

Posted

What happens when you take out the video card and use the onboard graphics ? Let's try to eliminate variables before finger pointing !

Posted

What happens when you take out the video card and use the onboard graphics ? Let's try to eliminate variables before finger pointing !

I'll try that soon, I just want to ask if there's anyone with a similar problem or if there's anyone Without the problem, I'd like an SS or video or something to compare to.

Posted

Force AA higher AA and also turn on high end mode.

It removes the pop in/crawling a bit.

I know what you mean.

Posted

have you proof-checked your CPU ? 

Posted

Would be useful if you posted your specs, or if you have before to supply a link.

Posted (edited)

I5 3570k 3.4Ghz

MSi R9 390

850W gold

I cleaned out the old drivers and installing the latest again to see if it's the drivers.

I've noticed this in other people videos but not as bad as mine, not just the edges, but the surfaces aswell. It's most obvious on small materials like fences, windows. signs and the ridges and surfaces of flat walls.

EDIT: Nope, no matter what driver version i'm using it's still the same.

Edited by Kirihito

Posted

I have the same problem on my Nvidia gtx 960 after I upgraded my GPU

Now even my old gtx 650 does this and it didn't before

No idea why I tried all settings

Posted

You're right OP, it does look like Z fighting artifacts. It reminds me of an issue I got years ago with a radeon card. For some reason, when playing Eve online, the game was trying to create the display with a z buffer depth (32 bits iirc) not supported by the graphics card but instead of falling back to a 24 bit z buffer (which the card could do), it was falling back to a 16 bit one, which was too imprecise and resulted in similar artifacts.

It looks like something similar might be happening here, although probably not for the exact same reasons. But the symptoms do look like the same.

Posted

standards too high

read a book!

Posted

You're right OP, it does look like Z fighting artifacts. It reminds me of an issue I got years ago with a radeon card. For some reason, when playing Eve online, the game was trying to create the display with a z buffer depth (32 bits iirc) not supported by the graphics card but instead of falling back to a 24 bit z buffer (which the card could do), it was falling back to a 16 bit one, which was too imprecise and resulted in similar artifacts.

It looks like something similar might be happening here, although probably not for the exact same reasons. But the symptoms do look like the same.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. Seen similar problems crop up with AMD cards in the past too. From what I recall it was more of a driver problem at least. So with a bit of work perhaps he can find a resolution of some degree or another.