• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What do you enjoy the most in Black desert, PvP or PvE

What do you enjoy the most in Black desert, PvP or PvE   217 votes

1. 1. Which gameplay aspect do you enjoy the most in BDO, PvP or PvE?

• PvP
    • PvE
    • I enjoy them both

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

80 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Let's see what the community enjoys most c:

Edited by Annabellz

Posted

The game is fantastic in both areas, but for now, I am leveling 7 characters, so PvE.

Posted (edited)

Looks like pve is winning maybe daum might need to cater to pve players in the future, since more people enjoy pve.

Edited by Annabellz

Posted

PvE = soulcrushing grind (has driven away many players)

PvP = Totally unbalanced (has driven away many players.)

Aside from the grind and lack of balance, bth aspects are pretty awesome.

Posted (edited)

Why does it have to be one or the other?

It's an open world. There will be elements of both for most players.

Edit: I'm aware this discussion will completely ignore the point that PVPers will be PVEing more than even carebears in order to gear up and stay competitive.

Edited by Sibyyl
1 person likes this

Posted

Why does it have to be one or the other?

It's an open world. There will be elements of both for most players.

Edit: I'm aware this discussion will completely ignore the point that PVPers will be PVEing more than even carebears in order to gear up and stay competitive.

That's why I included, do you enjoy both.

Posted

Let's see how many honest votes you get. You do understand that many of these voters aren't even playing BDO or are duplicate accounts, right?

2 people like this

Posted

Let's see how many honest votes you get. You do understand that many of these voters aren't even playing BDO or are duplicate accounts, right?

Are you worried you won't see results you want? Let the poll speak for itself

Posted

I voted both, because I voted long term ideals. I think this game needs the other to work well. One by itself would make for a boring game in the end, despite both areas being fun.

Posted

I enjoy both PvP and PvE in this game.  Sadly many people seem to think pvp means a 1 sided sneak attack or ganking people when they're already engaged in other fights.  I wish more people enjoyed a good old fashioned fair fight, instead of just picking on people weaker than them.  The PvE needs some work I think, there's a lot to do already, there are some areas that need some polish, but they're already planning to address that so..  I voted both :)

Posted

Are you worried you won't see results you want? Let the poll speak for itself

No, I am worried that this will be just an other poll that either will be ignored or polluted by people who aren't even playing. I am afraid that both will happen. Actually there is more than 99% chance that it will happen.

Posted

Me in-game:

carebears.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Me in-game:

carebears.jpg

It's looking like this a lot of people also

Posted

Both.
I love pvp. I'm not that good at it, LOL but it's fun.
I love a massive guild battle. 
Now of course when I run in to a level 56 wizard (I'm a 53 valkyrie) with ridiculous gear, obviously it's not fun. ----- that. ----- those overpowered assholes. Take your little wizard staff and shove it up your asshole. Or maybe it was a sorceress. All I know is it was wearing a ghillie suit, blasting me with things that broke my guard and stunned me occasionally, and teleported or dashed out of every single one of my grapples. I'm a noob so I can't always tell the difference but they're both a pain in the ass.
I'm getting off topic here. :P
I enjoy both the pvp and pve aspects.
I think the game is fine as it is. 

Posted

The roleplay. 

Posted

Both.
I love pvp. I'm not that good at it, LOL but it's fun.
I love a massive guild battle. 
Now of course when I run in to a level 56 wizard (I'm a 53 valkyrie) with ridiculous gear, obviously it's not fun. ----- that. ----- those overpowered assholes. Take your little wizard staff and shove it up your asshole. Or maybe it was a sorceress. All I know is it was wearing a ghillie suit, blasting me with things that broke my guard and stunned me occasionally, and teleported or dashed out of every single one of my grapples. I'm a noob so I can't always tell the difference but they're both a pain in the ass.
I'm getting off topic here. :P
I enjoy both the pvp and pve aspects.
I think the game is fine as it is. 

I'm happy you're able to enjoy all aspects of the game, it seems like some people can only enjoy one and hate on everyone else that enjoys another.

Posted

It's looking like this a lot of people also

And what is your opinion then, may I ask?

Posted

And what is your opinion then, may I ask?

I'm enjoying both, but as of right now I'm enjoying pve more because pvp needs some work on balancing.

Posted

uhh... So people enjoy killing hundreds of thousands of the same thing over and over with no intention of using the progression obtained to go kill other players? LOL meh, to  each their own. But that's a new one for me.

Posted

PvP is interesting when offered properly, such as sieges, bg etc Even guild wars if implemented in the right way.

That said ive yet to actively pvp in BDO and i doubt i will. Imo, this game lost all grounds to be considered pvp with their camouflage set shop wizardry. Just kills the mood from the get go.

Posted

I enjoy both. I hope that at some point in the game, things will have a different feel to them so that I can enjoy both as I feel up to it. I am no longer a young gamer; therefore, my reflexes are not as quick and agile. LoL I recently saw a video of some younger people playing and my eyes almost popped out of my head at how quick they pushed buttons. No words for that... it is totally crazy. And this is why I do enjoy 'some' PvP, but not enough to do it consistently or to be full bore/hardcore, etc.

It also depends on time related to gearing up and cost factor, etc. If it's to time consuming of a grind, the stones to increase up too much of a fail grind and cost prohibitive, then I may never PvP. Only time will tell along with how the game goes with improvements, communication, customer service, etc.

Thanks for this poll!!! It feels very neutral and I love that :x

Posted

uhh... So people enjoy killing hundreds of thousands of the same thing over and over with no intention of using the progression obtained to go kill other players? LOL meh, to  each their own. But that's a new one for me.

A lot of mmorpgs are just killing hundreds and thousands of mobs with no pvp, and are successful. So people enjoy that

Posted

I enjoy pvp, that's pretty much in any game though.

SU6Stw6.gif

2 people like this

Posted

I'm enjoying both, but as of right now I'm enjoying pve more because pvp needs some work on balancing.

Eh well, I've not tried PVP yet, but the high ping would probably make me "dislike" it, (Brit playing on US server).

Yes, I'm boring, I know; but that shit can be very addictive! :(

Posted

I mostly do, worker management, processing, making silver, AFK fishing, cooking, trading. I barely grind mobs.

I was ranked in the top 20's in Bal 02 but then I blew a ton of silver on blackstones so I'm just at high "A" ranking. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0