• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Some Questions! (How should I play this game?)

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello!

I've jumped into the game and have spent 22 hours of playtime. With this experience there are some questions popping up that I'd like to ask the veterans among you. So:

1. Which town would you recommend me to build up my tiny "settlement"?

Where is worth the most to have a residence and all that in late game? For now I've chosen Velia to be my hud but I've noticed that my adventure is taking me further south and I have no idea when I'll be heading back to Velia.

2. How am I supposed all those crafting & gathering quests?

They've popped out of nowhere. Like I've began to fish and out of nowhere every single NPC around Velia has gathering/hunting/cooking quests ready for me that they haven't before the first time I met them. Similiar to the question above, it remains unknown for me when I'm able to complete them since I just left them behind to take care of the main story line because I also wanted to have progress for my character and not being stuck at Level 20 in Velia doing all this crafting.

3. What's the most worthy thing to invest Contribution Points in? 

Currently I've used them up for all nodes I've encountered and to purchase some houses in Velia.

4. How should I get started into crafting? Should I even consider crafting & gathering to be an important thing to take care of already?

I am Level 21 and, like I've said, neglected all these quests about gathering and crafting back in Velia. I did some of them but they took so much space of my inventory and they seemed to never end. It was a pain for me since it was so much backtracking and all that. Several times I just had no space in my inventory so that I had to run to my storage keeper and back again ... pure agony!

5. What should I do while playing BDO in general?

All I did yet was to carry on with the story. I haven't been much into work management (well, I have 2 workers and let one make an fishing route once), trading (except from connecting nodes and selling some fish from Velia) and doing some of the crafting & gathering quests. I always have the feeling that I miss so many things out during my playtime, like I could be doing so much more during the time I spend in game, for example letting my workers actually work and gathering and crafting awesome things instead of just hunting down mobs for the main story.

There are so many aspects in this game that I couldn't get through with yet. 

DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICES ON HOW TO MANAGE THIS GAME IN THE EARLY STAGES? (Most important for me would be the ones about Fishing ^.^)

Information about my character:

Character Level: 21

Map Progress: Currently in Glish

Skill Progression: 

- Gathering: Level 1

- Cooking: Level 6

- Alchemy: Level 1 

- Horse Training: Level 7 (Tier 3)

- Fishing: Level 7

- Hunting: Level 1

- Trading: Level 5

- Cultivation (Crops etc.): Level 1

(- Pet: Level 3)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Two-Tu

Posted

Which town would you recommend me to build up my tiny "settlement"?

Where is worth the most to have a residence and all that in late game? For now I've chosen Velia to be my hud but I've noticed that my adventure is taking me further south and I have no idea when I'll be heading back to Velia.

At this stage of the game it matters little where you have your residence.

Pick a house that looks good to you and you're golden, though when leveling you're not likely to come back here often.

At level 50+ you'll find yourself around Velia for world bosses/afk-fishing/crafting/daily bosses...

http://blackdesert.wikia.com/wiki/Housing

2. How am I supposed all those crafting & gathering quests?

They've popped out of nowhere. Like I've began to fish and out of nowhere every single NPC around Velia has gathering/hunting/cooking quests ready for me that they haven't before the first time I met them. Similiar to the question above, it remains unknown for me when I'm able to complete them since I just left them behind to take care of the main story line because I also wanted to have progress for my character and not being stuck at Level 20 in Velia doing all this crafting.

Doing crafting quests is one way of pushing your characters contribution points and your material count.

If your only goal is to progress your characters level you can safely ignore these.

3. What's the most worthy thing to invest Contribution Points in? 

Currently I've used them up for all nodes I've encountered and to purchase some houses in Velia.

While leveling you want to unlock and discover as many nodes as possible to be able to connect them.

It's recommended to invest contribution in "important" nodes (nodes where you're going to grind much/where rare loot can drop).

Then you'll want to use as much energy as possible to push said node levels.

http://blackdesert.wikia.com/wiki/Contribution_Points

http://blackdesert.wikia.com/wiki/Nodes

4. How should I get started into crafting? Should I even consider crafting & gathering to be an important thing to take care of already?

I am Level 21 and, like I've said, neglected all these quests about gathering and crafting back in Velia. I did some of them but they took so much space of my inventory and they seemed to never end. It was a pain for me since it was so much backtracking and all that. Several times I just had no space in my inventory so that I had to run to my storage keeper and back again ... pure agony!

If you're not into crafting you're not forced to do these quests, you can safely skip them. (see above)

It'll become more interesting in the end game for upgrading your weapons/armor.

5. What should I do while playing BDO in general?

All I did yet was to carry on with the story. I haven't been much into work management (well, I have 2 workers and let one make an fishing route once), trading (except from connecting nodes and selling some fish from Velia) and doing some of the crafting & gathering quests. I always have the feeling that I miss so many things out during my playtime, like I could be doing so much more during the time I spend in game, for example letting my workers actually work and gathering and crafting awesome things instead of just hunting down mobs for the main story.

You can do whatever suits you best.

Decide for yourself what kind of player you are and work from there.

You don't have to be level 50 to enjoy the game.

Posted

As a wise NPC once said, "do it better!"

There is no wrong way to play it.

Posted

2. Get to know the quests and their rewards. Here is why: the only way to satisfy a requirement, such as say 10 logs for some npc, is to farm them yourself after you pick up the quest. You cant use logs you already have or go buy them at market. The exception to this is quest rewards. For example, there is a guy in I think Southern Camp who asks for a powder of flame and there is a quest in Olvia (the one that reqs 2 usable scantling) that rewards powders. This quest reward counts for the other quest. I complete a lot of quests this way. M

Posted

Here's a hint when you reach lvl 45 do not afk out of safe zones ppl kill you 

Posted (edited)

1) Live in Hiedel
2) Ignore the Gathering quests
3) Go to altinova, hire 3 workers
4) Put them to work in the abandoned Iron mine at the Iron and the Zinc
5) Put the last one to work in Omar Lava cave on the Zinc
6) Grind to 50. Do only black spirit quests
7) Grind locations as follows: Nagas > Frogs > Rebels > Cultists > Orcs > Bandits > Khrutos > Calph Cave > Chimeras > Catfish > grats ur 50
8) Make urself some ultimate Yuria crap n a ultimate grunil set, with the zinc, platnium and black crystals your 3 workers have been getting this whole time
9) Get witch earrings and mark of Shadows. 
10) Get urself a hotass wife like @Che like I did

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

10) Get urself a hotass wife like @Che like I did

ZsQ0UMK.gif

Posted

Thanks for answers here aswell :D

Okay, then I'll stick to levelling ... or grinding and once I am high enough (level-wise, ofc), I'd start enjoying life in BDO and start crafting and trading all that.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0