• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Strategies to fight Sorcerers

28 posts in this topic

Posted

I was hoping some skilled berserkers could give some advice on how to fight sorcs 1v1. There has to be a way to fight them with some degree of success. Typically, I'll try to hit a stomp and then go through the grab combos, weaving FD/BWS in between; however, it seems like even hitting stomps onto a skilled sorc can be really difficult. I'm aware there is desync involved, but there has to be a better way to go about fighting them. Anyone have any tips?

Posted

There isn't a lot. They are either very good or very good and hacking (getting up faster after kd)  and certainly exploiting getting out of your lagged cc. 

If any of those options is true u lose because sorc has a better kit currently.  Most of those that kill u use multiple or all of those points. U don't have to die though play defensively and try to waste their ball of dung so u won't die if geared. 

The more she has to move to get you the less charges she can keep up hence losing the ap buff. U should have more stamina and using headbutt - f evasion keeps u mobile endlessly with wp potions. 

Grabbing her is only an option after u dodged an attack,  if aware and charges to teleport ready u won't get her. 

Practice always helps but sadly sorc on equal footing wins and a lot of them add hack bundled to exploiting lag to post i frame out of your grab. 

Bad and not hacking or being out geared by u sorc dies very fast. 

Posted (edited)

Best strategy?

Run man, just run! There´s nothing you can do against a skilled and/or well played sorc.

I usually engage combat with em. If they blink too hard, I shake off and I am gone.

If not I kill em with usual zerk combo. They have to be bad to make that happen though

Edited by xMovingTarget
2 people like this

Posted

Run away

1 person likes this

Posted

plan a) grab combo kill

plan b) become familiar with your lava pierce & shake off

1 person likes this

Posted

How can you run away? Do they not just chase after faster then you run?!

Posted

No, use Shake Off and Lava Piercer, they can't catch you

Posted

No, use Shake Off and Lava Piercer, they can't catch you

How come, do they not have a warping skill they can spam? (sorry, noob, low level char only)

And why Shake Off?

Posted

How come, do they not have a warping skill they can spam? (sorry, noob, low level char only)

And why Shake Off?

Nobody can outrun you. Maybe bladers/plums can if they have herbal juice. Shake off is fast. Use shake off til stamina is gone, then Lava pierce. By the time you regenerated stamina again for shake off. rinse and repeat. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Nobody can outrun you. Maybe bladers/plums can if they have herbal juice. Shake off is fast. Use shake off til stamina is gone, then Lava pierce. By the time you regenerated stamina again for shake off. rinse and repeat. 

Not trying to shoot your comment down and seem EDGY but, bladers/plums/ninjas and sometimes high level sorcs are able to catch us with little to no problem. Also, even outrun us. Warriors SOMETIMES, too. Lava pierce is cool because you literally BLAST OFF without much of a warning-- really fast if you have speed buff, but I've ran beside/ done evasive combos and get left in the dust by plums/bladers/sorcs. Bladers/plum have to just have to hold down a few buttons while we need to time and insert a combination of skills.

But, I'm sure somebody is going to 'correct' me with the whole "IF YOU ARE GEARED RIGHT AND BUFFED RIGHT" argument that peels my skin.

1 person likes this

Posted

1. Log off
  2. Log off
  3. Log off
  4. Did I mention to log off?

Posted

1. Rock Smash

2. Politely carry them to a safe zone.

3.Get married to the Sorc, have kids and hope they forget they were trying to murder you.

6 people like this

Posted

Amazing :D

Posted

I killed a sorceress in a camo suit a few days ago by accident when they tried to gank me while I was killing an ogre.  I resisted their knockdown (60% immune to knockdown) just as I was going into my S2W on the ogre.  Since I was rotating to the back of the ogre, it turned and caught the sorceress in a knockdown.  Since the ganker was playing a sorceress, they did not know where the V key was on their keyboard and died in the S2W.

So, the keys are:

1.  Max out knockdown resistance

2.  Spin on top of sorceress after they get knocked down by a MOB that you are fighting

Posted

I killed a sorceress in a camo suit a few days ago by accident when they tried to gank me while I was killing an ogre.  I resisted their knockdown (60% immune to knockdown) just as I was going into my S2W on the ogre.  Since I was rotating to the back of the ogre, it turned and caught the sorceress in a knockdown.  Since the ganker was playing a sorceress, they did not know where the V key was on their keyboard and died in the S2W.

So, the keys are:

1.  Max out knockdown resistance

2.  Spin on top of sorceress after they get knocked down by a MOB that you are fighting

So in other words--

Get a unfair advantage on them.

Posted

Not trying to shoot your comment down and seem EDGY but, bladers/plums/ninjas and sometimes high level sorcs are able to catch us with little to no problem. Also, even outrun us. Warriors SOMETIMES, too. Lava pierce is cool because you literally BLAST OFF without much of a warning-- really fast if you have speed buff, but I've ran beside/ done evasive combos and get left in the dust by plums/bladers/sorcs. Bladers/plum have to just have to hold down a few buttons while we need to time and insert a combination of skills.

But, I'm sure somebody is going to 'correct' me with the whole "IF YOU ARE GEARED RIGHT AND BUFFED RIGHT" argument that peels my skin.

This is more what I am used to from more or less all other MMOs, so it would surprise me if melee chars in this game got the upper hand on speed...

Posted

Wow... Honestly most sorcs are bad, if you play well enough you can normally attrition play them to death before they run away (100AP/200+DP assumed etc.). The biggest issue when facing them is fighting your D-sync till you get yourself an advatange. Always go for grabs even with the D-sync as this lets you set up down damage combo's.

Take care and pay attention to your CC immunity timers. For instance don't get caught out in an animation lock when your bound is on immunity as they won't stay on the ground after an undertaker. The F Strike Float > RT combo is killer on sorcs but you really need to make sure they aren't on immunity. Bound > Float works. Knockdown > float doesn't... Also be patient and move with super and punish sorcs mistakes as much as possible. Ulti-headbutt KD's are great for allowing FD spam damage which is safe and adds up.

There are normally 2 types of sorc. The distance Genkidama  KD > spike > Teleport guys, and the guys who try and melee fight with the jump attack + kick combo's (I-frame/blocks etc). At work atm so can't go into detail, but punish the second type with E grab combo's (don't trade damage, you'll lose) and super armour the first to avoid getting super saiyan'ed till an opening shows up.
Most sorcs are the first kind so just keep an eye out for the genkidama and the other KD > Float skill while going for CC with foot-stomp at key points in their teleports (which is a bit fk'ed on EU thanks to the terrible servers) and key Headbutts.

The handful of sorcs who are geared and good will destroy you of course... Best thing to do in general is find the best guys you can and duel against them endlessly. Then you'll beat the other 90% all the time. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

They might outrun you speed wise. But they wont outrun and engage ;) 

I wasnt talking about who wins the 100m sprint. I am talking about getting away. :P 

You edgy as -snip- dude! It russled my jimmies :D  Kappa

Posted

When in doubt or frustration in pvp: Stomp cancle.. you will die in the end but at last, they will whine alittlebit.. :P

Posted

They might outrun you speed wise. But they wont outrun and engage ;) 

I wasnt talking about who wins the 100m sprint. I am talking about getting away. :P 

You edgy as -snip- dude! It russled my jimmies :D  Kappa

I take back what I said just a bit, I dueled my blader friend and just did my normal evasive combos and he could only hit me with his lock on bow skills. We are quite difficult to get a beat on, but that's as long as our I frames and evasion doesn't run out- we're gold.

I still cant catch him. 

Posted

I take back what I said just a bit, I dueled my blader friend and just did my normal evasive combos and he could only hit me with his lock on bow skills. We are quite difficult to get a beat on, but that's as long as our I frames and evasion doesn't run out- we're gold.

I still cant catch him. 

True. Bladers/Plums can keep up as long as they have herbal. But that´s all about it. Their dmg sucks anyways. So shouldnt be a problem. Haha. That´s at least what I encountered.

So you could eventually get away from em. Or use slopes to make it easier. Their chase wont work on slopes unlike our shake off. They will give up. Unless you run around with 120DP or something where they can hurt a little.

But I never had a sorc catching up. They will run out of stam when you just go in Lava Pierce(after shake off spam). To get back to topic a bit.

Posted (edited)

My tactic for fighting most sorcs out in the wild is to run. 

A sad but simple truth is that anyone not from the US, and even some inside the states, will get fkd by a sorc. I estimate my latency at 150-200ms, which means I can't shake off anything unless I have a fluke.

If I see a sorc going for KD I'll shake off. then get rubberbanded to the KD. I've practiced alot with my guilds sorcs and it's just not possible for me to win when I can't time the shake-off properly. I've even had KD's during lava piercer cos obviously on my side I hit LP, but on the server side the KD came first.

Now sure sometimes the sorc messes up and even with bad latency I can drop a grab and some damage, but when I mess up, or strictly speaking its too laggy to not mess up, I die. KD folowed by a ton of burst and bye bye zerk.

Don't mistake this for crying, I still enjoy pvp even if the latency is somewhat irritating. I just know that 1v1 I lose to sorcs. Like other people have mentioned, standard tactics for sorcs involve trying to hit a stomp in between their teleports, hope you get a grab, or put down some FD's. I like to play around with weakling hunt if the situation permits, mostly because this move is unexpected and can throw a sorc off. Usually after they have blown their KD and are kiting till the next ones ready.

Edited by Staic

Posted

If you know who to combo Headbutt into Knee Kick into Ultimate Evasion, you can out run any class using herbal juice.

Like Staic said your only hoping to catching them is between i frames with a evasion into stomp.

I have found that trying to land a full grab combo onto a sorc isnt going to happen to make the most of it and output as much dps before getting mobile again.

Posted

I was hoping some skilled berserkers could give some advice on how to fight sorcs 1v1. There has to be a way to fight them with some degree of success. Typically, I'll try to hit a stomp and then go through the grab combos, weaving FD/BWS in between; however, it seems like even hitting stomps onto a skilled sorc can be really difficult. I'm aware there is desync involved, but there has to be a better way to go about fighting them. Anyone have any tips?

step 1) avoid sorcs at all cost

step 2) don't fight them if they try to fight you

step 3) run away using all your skills including V if necessary. Bring lots of herbal juice to make this easier.

step 4) bribe a ranger guildie to come out, and pray you can land a grab.

step 5) if you landed a grab, hold them for as long as possible while the ranger kills them

Hope that helps!

Posted

Stomp till you catch them, grab over head and allow rangers to shotgun...you can't solo unless they're dumpster tier 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0