• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

We were promised darker nights (✿◡‿◡)

64 posts in this topic

Posted

You kidding me? I have to turn up my gamma at night. You need to calibrate your screen properly buddy. Get the right colour profile for your monitor. Pull down your gamma slightly to get rid of the white haze... Then up your contrast 15 percent or so... Depending on your screen. Its pretty dark

Also each night varies. Some are darker than others like reality.

will u be my forum girlfriend. We would take advantage of those extra dark BDO nights Aether is gonna get us. 

i'll be your forum boyfriend (no homo). I can wear a wig if you like?

Posted

will u be my forum girlfriend. We would take advantage of those extra dark BDO nights Aether is gonna get us. 

Sry, I'm taken. :(

Posted

It still seems so bright to me. Can I get an official response for when this will approximately be implemented? (✿◡‿◡)

Are you crazy? Set your contrast properly, you cant see shit in these nights without lanterns (in Mediah). I dont now where you locate yourself in the game during night, but Mediah nights are literally pitch-black.

PS: I still play without lanterns tho, feels good as it is. Will do when there is the "simple feature" of simply being able to switch it off, rather than taking it in and out the inventory all the time

Posted

its pretty goddamn dark already and u want darker??

(✿◡‿◡)

Posted

. Will do when there is the "simple feature" of simply being able to switch it off, rather than taking it in and out the inventory all the time

Put it on your hotbar :)

Posted

use the filmic photo filter...enjoy lol

Posted

I'm Batman.

Dark_knight_returns.jpg

This.

@OP

They did promise darker nights. Turn off your lantern, and re calibrate your gamma and youll get a dark night. Or if the darkness of the game (which is very similar to real life) is still to bright, might I suggest putting on a blind fold?

Posted

I find it's dark enough. If you look at the open field or have the sky in frame then it might seem bright, but if your head is down into a bunch of mobs, well I have to strain my eyes to see without lantern and even then I mostly just see a blob of darkness and hope my evasion instincts are good enough.

Heilang on the far left

9e13f6d853.jpg

Posted

Darker nights was amazing in the last beta. This is nothing like that. And why the hell is is to bright at 2-3 am? :( 

Except the sky was always grey despite how dark the ground was. If you take what we had back then and applied a very dark blue sky at night it would be perfect. There was also a lighting issues where lanterns gave off a moody red glow rather than a warm yellowish orange. But it still looked better than what we have now.

Posted

Yea the nights in the beta are way better then those we have right now

Posted

It still seems so bright to me. Can I get an official response for when this will approximately be implemented? (✿◡‿◡)

try lowering your Gama, its virtually pitch black on my screen, anyone have a lantern I can borrow?

Posted

They said the bug was not on all the server so maybe who find it dark enough is on one server some other are on different server and find it too bright

personally i think a lot of people should help themselves twitching their own screen Daum cannot help on that i know of a couple of player that pulled gamma up 2 notch to be able to see at night easily

other people like to have monitor very bright i like it toned down a lot i don't like to bright screen give me headache so since my setup is already on the dark side my night are incredible dark.

no matter what there will always be a way to mess up stuff daum cannot fix the setup of your monitor but they admitted there was a bug on "some" server when sun was raising too soon I don't know if they fixed it or not

Posted

This is not an issue with monitors or gamma. Adjusting these settings will have an overall impact on the entire image quality and presentation. The nights are simply different than what was discussed in the developer diary and what existed in the beta. There is confirmation that there is currently a bug affecting this but it might not be the entire issue. Even when the sun is down at night, it's still plainly visible in most areas without using a lantern. In addition, the nights start becoming even brighter in the early AM (1-3 AM) as if the sun is rising too early.

Posted

I was looking for "lantern" subjects on the forum, and got this one...

I myself would like and enjoy darker nights.

But, they have first (or simultaneously) to totally change the lantern system...

1. lanterns do have to last longer than a few hours. think cooking or alchemy ustensil, or maybe wagons... lanterns must have a lifetime bar, only depleted when lantern is used.
    imho they "should" be pretty easy to craft, and have an average life going from a few days (basic) to a few weeks (best one)
2. the oil... ok i could live with another slot occupied by another forced item. it can be oil. but this aslo have to be crafted, common we can gather olive and can make oil out of it?

So yeah, for sure, darker nights, but revamp the lanterns too please :)