• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

An outstanding game that sadly won't last. Here's why.

547 posts in this topic

Posted

And you are what? the mmorpg prophet?

nothing from what you wrote makes sense. just because there are 100 people in the forum that cry all day including you doesnt mean that the rest of the thousands that play the game are unhappy in a way that they quit the game

pull yourself together and do something else. find another game that suits your needs or dont find a game at all. find another sport

41 people like this

Posted

Nice font.

11 people like this

Posted

Didnt read a single word LOL

hahhahaa your answer was one of the best that i have read in weeks!

4 people like this

Posted

Started reading...

Rad "it's all cuz peeveepee"

Stopped reading.

38 people like this

Posted

I'll admit I'm not typically a PvP player in most mmos I've ever played, but there is something about this one that actually makes me want to try?  I can't yet put my finger on what that something is though.  You could be right, but I sort of hope not because so far this one is pretty darn fun.

Posted

It might fail for the same reason AA did - too many botters and hackers.

If it doesn't fail for that reason, it'll just be more of a niche title if it keeps its current PvP system.

2 people like this

Posted

This is bait

Posted (edited)

Well, thank you for proving my point. This is the reason PVP can't be an enjoyable experience. PEOPLE.

In a perfect world PVP would be honorable. People would fight other skilled people and there would be actual skilled combat. Much like actual skilled debate. In reality though, people aren't that way at all.

That is why I always find PVP to be toxic, much like forum communities.

Certain people that have nothing constructive to contribute can't seem to exercise the self control to at least not go around making other people's lives worse just for the sake of it. That is why forced PVP systems kill games. Because people can't control themselves and go around killing defenseless farmers and fishers, to avoid actual skilled combat.

Much like on forums people can't have civil or mature conversations it seems. They have to make snarky and insulting comments at anyone they don't agree with.

Makes me so proud to be human.

Edited by Phinix
49 people like this

Posted

First off I have to say I have really enjoyed my time in BDO thus far and plan to be around for a while. This is not a gloom and doom thread. This thread is about economics, market psychology, and why Daum has basically set this game up to have no future.

The core of the problem revolves around forced PVP.

Oh boy here we go.

4 people like this

Posted

How do people keep finding new ways to reiterate the same thing over and over again?

1 person likes this

Posted

Total post amount: 27

798.png

7 people like this

Posted

He just wants his safe space brahs

2 people like this

Posted

Total post amount: 27

798.png

28*

Posted

How do people keep finding new ways to reiterate the same thing over and over again?

It seems to be a big issue for a lot of people.

5 people like this

Posted

Well, thank you for proving my point. This is the reason PVP can't be an enjoyable experience. PEOPLE.

In a perfect world PVP would be honorable. People would fight other skilled people and there would be actual skilled combat. Much like actual skilled debate. In reality though, people aren't that way at all.

That is why I always find PVP to be toxic, much like forum communities.

Certain people that have nothing constructive to contribute can't seem to exercise the self control to at least not go around making other people's lives worse just for the sake of it. That is why forced PVP systems kill games. Because people can't control themselves and go around killing defenseless farmers and fishers, to avoid actual skilled combat.

Much like on forums people can't have civil or mature conversations it seems. They have to make snarky and insulting comments at anyone they don't agree with.

Makes me so proud to be human.

That's the core problem I think - people with no consideration for others + open world PvP = gankfest.

Which is why I think BDO needs to encourage PKKers (like with a Bounty system). Players should be rewarded for taking those players out.

8 people like this

Posted

28*

I bet he just started this thread to farm post counts

7a4.png

3 people like this

Posted

the title alone was enough to not read the yadayada. 

Posted

I'll admit I'm not typically a PvP player in most mmos I've ever played, but there is something about this one that actually makes me want to try?  I can't yet put my finger on what that something is though.  You could be right, but I sort of hope not because so far this one is pretty darn fun.

I think because you probably realize subconsciously that the game forces you to PVP past 45, and that the only way to continue to "level up" and progress your character will be to do it. You don't really have any choice.

By tying the need for progression with a part of the game most don't want, Daum has sealed their fate.

It isn't really difficult to see why. Maybe once they realize it they will change things. I hope so, because I like the game overall and would prefer not to see it become a toxic pay-to-win ghost town like every other failed forced-PVP title that Asian publishers seem so tunnel-visioned about these days.

Re: ArcheAge.

2 people like this

Posted

The core of the problem revolves around forced PVP.

Ah, yes, that one thing that BDO clearly states it has and has had since its inception... go on...

For some reason Daum has decided that Americans would like it better if they took a beautiful PVE game and forced everyone to play a way they don't have any interest in once they hit 45, with no quest to unlock. This is the one decision that will cause this game to fail and I honestly can't understand the logic here.

Well, Daum EU is Dutch, this is a PvP game, as stated before, and the actual party that decided this was Pearl Abyss, the Korean developer, not Americans... But yeah, continue...

I have spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars on other games. But, I won't be spending more than the initial investment and maybe a horse training suit here. Why? Because there is no sense of progression.

Well, good for you and for your wallet, I guess? Don't see the point here?

That is a TERRIBLE design.

Wait, so your wallet opening up and spewing money on a PvP game so you can complain about wanting it to be more PvE when the upcoming content coming from Korea is primarily PvP focussed, such as siege battles and node wars?

PEARL ABYSS, STOP DEVELOPMENT RIGHT NOW! THERE'S A DUDE IN EUROPE WHO SPENT AT LEAST A THOUSAND DOLLARS, YOU'VE GOTTA SCRAP THE PAST 2 YEARS OF WORK TO GIVE THIS MAN HIS PVE!

When will publishers accept that statistics don't lie? 60-80% of MMO gamers have no interest in PVP. If you want to have a PVP system in your game great, make it purely optional and not needed to progress your character.

You don't have these statistics because they probably don't exist, and even if they did and you had the intelligence needed to find and link them, you forget that this is marketed as, developed as and played as an open-world PvP game... The statistics in BDO specifically would probably show about 50% of players being okay with, or even playing specifically for, the PvPJoin the suicide squad or just quit, this game is obviously not for you... 

13 people like this

Posted

damn salt is real in these replies 

tumblr_inline_n8l0kk9uvI1r8wkkd.thumb.gi

10 people like this

Posted

It seems to be a big issue for a lot of people.

For a banch of people tha whine all day in forums

big issue a basic feature of the game? the only issue that exists is the one that these people have. not the game

Posted

I do believe that the OP is quite funny with his opinion but what the ----- total post ammount stands for? Honest question.

Posted

What disgusting carebear. I can't even think of any popular modern day MMORPGs that don't have forced pvp? Well other than non-pvp servers on WoW. If anything you're lucky pvp isn't "forced" from level 1 and up like most open world pvp  games. Also I've mob grinded and quested all OUTSIDE of towns since 45-50+ for over a week now, and nobody has tried pking me or "flagging on me". So I'm not sure where carebears like you get their motive from. 

6 people like this