• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

An outstanding game that sadly won't last. Here's why.

547 posts in this topic

Posted

Didnt read a single word LOL

I went straight to your comment and proceeded to LOL as well.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This game is not doomed but the window of opportunity to become one of the greatest is closing rapidly. The distance between the west and Korea is just to big. There is almost a year difference between the West ...

*Facepalm* 

You know that we get Content updates nearly every Month and it is planned to be 3 Month behind later. The delay (1month) is to reduce the gap between casual and Hardcore jobless people.

Edited by Kyle Ragnador

Posted

If the 80% of the population of gamers doesnt care about pvp this game is for the remaining 20%.

Get out or git gud.

On a mpre serious note of you think that there is no progression you shoul quit. Since everything you do prpgresses your character. I can understand saying progressiom is rng and i can agree on that. 

Posted

We will never catch up on them, as they aren't playing the same game. Theirs is to different. They still have stuff in their game I saw more than a year ago, which we still haven't.

What I'm getting at is that it doesn't matter. Ultimately they started with very little in their version and progressed to where they are now. We're doing the same, only much faster. Even if we're never at the exact same point as them, who cares? It's not as if the game came with a time acceleration machine, and we do need time to go through one content patch before the next, otherwise the game would be even more overwhelming than it already is.

Posted

If you really don't want to pvp, just channel hop or go to uncontested areas. No one is forcing you to pvp. 

Posted

First off I have to say I have really enjoyed my time in BDO thus far and plan to be around for a while. This is not a gloom and doom thread. This thread is about economics, market psychology, and why Daum has basically set this game up to have no future.

The core of the problem revolves around forced PVP.

MMO markets are built around a sense of progression. Especially in a cash shop model, a game MUST give players a sense of constant progression so that they can rationalize "investing" in their characters. BDO doesn't have this for the majority of players, as evidenced by all the threads talking about mass suicide grinding to avoid the ridiculous forced PVP cap at 45.

In every other region you could simply not do the PVP unlock quest at 50 and avoid being fodder for the PVP "end game." For some reason Daum has decided that Americans would like it better if they took a beautiful PVE game and forced everyone to play a way they don't have any interest in once they hit 45, with no quest to unlock. This is the one decision that will cause this game to fail and I honestly can't understand the logic here.

I have spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars on other games. But, I won't be spending more than the initial investment and maybe a horse training suit here. Why? Because there is no sense of progression.

I am stuck with having to face either not getting to continue progressing my character, or being forced to participate in a play style I consider toxic and totally un-enjoyable.

That is a TERRIBLE design.

It is sad, because I would have liked this game to have been more than just another flash in the pan PVP experiments.

When will publishers accept that statistics don't lie? 60-80% of MMO gamers have no interest in PVP. If you want to have a PVP system in your game great, make it purely optional and not needed to progress your character.

But if you force it on a cash shop model be prepared to lose your investments, because your game will fail mark my words.

U got some serious mental problems ..... nothing personal but u know most of the MMORPG are based on fractions i mean like WOW for example where u got forced PVP quite early and give u territories where both fractions meet in order to LVL UP so i dont rly understand what is ur problem in BDO u can aways skip fighting or run away etc... fights here happen only for farming spots

Posted

LMFAO THIS POST IS JUST TOO FUNNY NOT TO COMMENT ON!!!!

Black desert isnt trying to be like every other mmo you've played in the past. It's focus is on its own niche market. 

Could you tell me which niche market is that ? 

Posted

Genuine question from a pragmatic non-PvPer:

Where CAN'T you be flagged? Is it all safe zones? As a roleplayer, this is very important because half of my toon's house is in a combat zone and it's going to be really awkward if she's ganked in bed. 

But seriously...

...where are the non-flagged areas?

Posted

Didnt read a single word LOL

then why tthe f--k you post then.......idiotic 

Although I don't think the game will die, the op brings up a great point. Most people hate being forced to PVP. They should of left the quest alone. 

Posted

For pve players, i just dont see there being enough content anyways. Problem with this game is, it has drawn in too many mainstream players. Full on pvp games are a niche and anyone who wants only pve simply shouldnt be here.

Posted

First off I have to say I have really enjoyed my time in BDO thus far and plan to be around for a while. This is not a gloom and doom thread. This thread is about economics, market psychology, and why Daum has basically set this game up to have no future.

The core of the problem revolves around forced PVP.

MMO markets are built around a sense of progression. Especially in a cash shop model, a game MUST give players a sense of constant progression so that they can rationalize "investing" in their characters. BDO doesn't have this for the majority of players, as evidenced by all the threads talking about mass suicide grinding to avoid the ridiculous forced PVP cap at 45.

In every other region you could simply not do the PVP unlock quest at 50 and avoid being fodder for the PVP "end game." For some reason Daum has decided that Americans would like it better if they took a beautiful PVE game and forced everyone to play a way they don't have any interest in once they hit 45, with no quest to unlock. This is the one decision that will cause this game to fail and I honestly can't understand the logic here.

I have spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars on other games. But, I won't be spending more than the initial investment and maybe a horse training suit here. Why? Because there is no sense of progression.

I am stuck with having to face either not getting to continue progressing my character, or being forced to participate in a play style I consider toxic and totally un-enjoyable.

That is a TERRIBLE design.

It is sad, because I would have liked this game to have been more than just another flash in the pan PVP experiments.

When will publishers accept that statistics don't lie? 60-80% of MMO gamers have no interest in PVP. If you want to have a PVP system in your game great, make it purely optional and not needed to progress your character.

But if you force it on a cash shop model be prepared to lose your investments, because your game will fail mark my words.

this guy was probably on the LoL/DotA forums telling them their game was going to die because it forced pvp in a perfectly good pve game lol 

Posted

How many times have you been forced into PVP?

So far I have a grand total of ZERO forced PVP encounters since launch.  I've spoke to Zero People who have been forced into a PVP Encounter, this is not saying this doesn't happen, I'm sure it does. 

But there is no evidence that this is rife in the game, there is not a Ganker hiding in every bush waiting to ruin your day.  Even if there was, just return and kill him, or if he kills you keep coming back until either you kill him or someone else seeing a free kill, kills him.  The penalty to ganking in the game is quite painful to anyone who has spent time gearing up.

Posted

What I'm getting at is that it doesn't matter. Ultimately they started with very little in their version and progressed to where they are now. We're doing the same, only much faster. Even if we're never at the exact same point as them, who cares? It's not as if the game came with a time acceleration machine, and we do need time to go through one content patch before the next, otherwise the game would be even more overwhelming than it already is.

Do you find it overwhelming? I am a slow player, and from early access to now :I just reached the point where I'm almost lvl 50. I took my time, often just staring at the screen. Still I have trade routes unlocked from IIiya island to Epheria port, Altinova, Velia and other corners. I took my time. It takes me less than 10 minutes from Trent to Altinova. That distance isn't that big. The scenery may look overwhelming, but the game isn't that big. At my current spot are only 6 or 7 different species of fish. In all waterbodies are a total of 48 different fish species. I know that it's a lot, but definitely not overwhelming.

The problem with the Koreans being so far ahead of us is that we constantly get spoilers of what to come. And than people get impatient because it isn't coming fast enough.

Posted

LOL, do you even hear yourself OP? You knew from the first time you bought this game that it's a game that allows world PVP. The korean version was released 2 years ago. If daum changes the game for people like you then it will fail. But right now i really enjoy PK-ing other players, and i don't get mad if someone pk me. It means that i need to learn how to play my class. If i farm and someone comes i say bye bye or die die, but if i die i don't get mad. This is a game, and should be treated like a game.

Posted

How many times have you been forced into PVP?

So far I have a grand total of ZERO forced PVP encounters since launch.  I've spoke to Zero People who have been forced into a PVP Encounter, this is not saying this doesn't happen, I'm sure it does. 

But there is no evidence that this is rife in the game, there is not a Ganker hiding in every bush waiting to ruin your day.  Even if there was, just return and kill him, or if he kills you keep coming back until either you kill him or someone else seeing a free kill, kills him.  The penalty to ganking in the game is quite painful to anyone who has spent time gearing up.

your ffirst paragraph.... if you are sure it happens then why the hell are you questioning him?

Posted

As an very occasional pker. The option to pk isn't super amazing. The forced pvp doesn't happen nearly as often as people say.

Posted

get out pve whore

Posted

Genuine question from a pragmatic non-PvPer:

Where CAN'T you be flagged? Is it all safe zones? As a roleplayer, this is very important because half of my toon's house is in a combat zone and it's going to be really awkward if she's ganked in bed. 

But seriously...

...where are the non-flagged areas?

Yes it is only in safe zones (unless you're under 45)
I would recommend relocating to a safe zone :)

Posted (edited)

Forced pvp what? I've been playing for 3 weeks and I've only got pk'ed once because a guy wanted to test his dmg and haven't done any pvp in the open world.

All I see is players doing the afk gameplay which is fine since that is how you earn money to improve your gear, yet people still complain about pvp.

If you don't like pvp then stay in town, but the purpose of this game like most mmorpgs is to improve your gear so you can encounter difficulties either in PVE or PVP and in group content, it's not a single player game.

Edited by zefs

Posted

There are no valid statistics published on the percentage of the population that want to have PvP content vs the people that don't. So ignore all the '90% of players blah blah blah'.

Also this is NOT a PvP game.. it is a sandbox-oriented massively multiplayer online role-playing game.

You want change? Form a cogent argument based on statistically valid data and submit it to Daum. making threads like this on the forum change nothing, it just polarizes the small part of the community that visit this forum while sowing dissent.

Posted

The thing is... all new content being created for this game is 50+ content. Give this forum minority what they want and you'll sate them... for a while. Then they'll move on to complaining that the developer isn't making any future content that caters to them. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile and before you know it the game will be changed completely from what it once was.

This is just another post from an OP that can't accept the game wasn't created with his demographic in mind and the game isn't going to die just because he didn't get what he wanted and throws a tiara tantrum over it.

Posted

It's not a problem right now because the majority of the people playing are not up to level yet. There doing crafting , fishing, gathering, processing, horse taming etc....only the people that actually want pvp or just like to rush threw content are there atm.

When the rest of the pop. catches up, people will leave in droves because of forced pvp, happened before, it will happen again, Anyone remeber "AION?" They realized it to late, patched it "consenual" pvp only and pvp zones. The damage was already done and the game fizzeled. It will happen here as well i'm affraid.

Posted (edited)

Op's type of person falls into two categories, both are self important and spineless cowards but in different ways

The kind that can't handle the pressure involved in competition with other people.

The kind that pretends they're skilled at pvp by doing their best to exclusively attack people lesser in gear than them, like they would npc's.

Both are carebears that prefer a low risk high reward environment in complete disregard for balance or fair competition or proper sportsmanship and both will dump an incredible amount of cash into a game to feel successful. Why? I can speculate but I'm not going to tug my bub on this. Go ahead and leave to go play candy crush or whatever op, I've heard Frozen Free Fall has a pay to win model you might find enjoyable.

Edited by Waifu_Hunter

Posted (edited)

OP failed and here is why:

He never bothered to do proper research before going into HERE TAKE MY MONEY mode.

Edited by Ashreon

Posted

Yes it is only in safe zones (unless you're under 45)I would recommend relocating to a safe zone :)

I guess my toon is staying in the kitchen then!  (Though I assume you can't PvP in houses. lol.)