• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

An outstanding game that sadly won't last. Here's why.

547 posts in this topic

Posted

Why would this be the case, do people become homicidal maniacs as soon as they hit level 50?PVP'ers are intrested in fighting people who test their skill, not random killing, which in this game leaves you more open for death and serious damage...

serious pvp'rs i would 100% agree with you. But honestly do you really think thats what will happen? really?

Posted

PvP fans are so full of hate

2 people like this

Posted

I'm having trouble understanding the op because doing that sort of thing is indicative of some sort of mental illness and not something I can take seriously.

Well, the stupid do tend to laugh at things they don't understand.

Posted

Most MMOs have 'forced' pvp. So arguement invalid.

Posted

Sweety, Aion fizzled because of Sieges (THE MAIN PART of the game) were unplayable for the first half year - they didn't get the Korean Hotfix until it was too late --> then it went F2P which was and usually is the spiral of doom for Subscription based game. Not because PvP was "forced" - this is not even forced PvP - you eat a huge karma loss and have to tag up in the first place not to mention making sure that the person you want to PK is not surrounded by other players that will kill you on sight for Tagging up. Forced PvP is when you have no choice whether to tag or not to tag --> you are always tagged.

And you would be wrong, the opposing faction could open a rift in the others zone and walk in and just start killing people, it didn't matter if you where flagged or not. So according to you, that is the very deffinition of "forced pvp", and i agree it was.

Posted

But only in tandem with pve servers.

Posted

serious pvp'rs i would 100% agree with you. But honestly do you really think thats what will happen? really?

I'm yet to experience being attacked randomly and I have not met anyone that has!  Why would I think any differently. 

I'm not naturally scared of something because it might happen, I base my decision on evidence.  There currently isn't for me any evidence that I'll spend my days being continually ganked.

Even if I was ganked, I would keep going back, one to hope that I can improve and beat them, or if not, that their Karma is so low that someone who is capable of killing them does and the Ganker needs to re-level their gear.

Posted

Forced? U forced urself to buy the game, then take the game mechanics as it is and play and stop crying.

Posted

Well, the stupid do tend to laugh at things they don't understand.

At least you're honest.

1 person likes this

Posted

So, a game that is basically all pve until level cap/end game, then turns pvp. Your right, doesn't sound like a bait and switch thing at all.

pve and pvp cant be seperated in this game. the whole design is about scarcity, so to do proper pve, which is the basis of every grinder, u have to do pvp. I understand the need for a better "lowlevelprotection", maybe the korean system, with the 49er quest is enough, but making pvp optional in general would kill the game completely.

Posted

So, a game that is basically all pve until level cap/end game, then turns pvp. Your right, doesn't sound like a bait and switch thing at all.

Can't say whether or not it's a bait and switch, but anyone who did actual research into this game before purchasing would know what it is.

Personally I don't know what kind of game they advertised it to be but not being able to PvP outside of guild related things until 45/50 is simply a safety check so people can achieve a certain level and amount of SP to prevent too much abuse. So otherwise, your point is mute. If you got baited, switch. Don't ask the game to change completely for those who knew what they were getting into and what it already is. Naturally, some change is fine and more PvE content and certain PvE friendly changes are just fine.

Posted

Ah, yes, that one thing that BDO clearly states it has and has had since its inception... go on...

Well, Daum EU is Dutch, this is a PvP game, as stated before, and the actual party that decided this was Pearl Abyss, the Korean developer, not Americans... But yeah, continue...

Well, good for you and for your wallet, I guess? Don't see the point here?

Wait, so your wallet opening up and spewing money on a PvP game so you can complain about wanting it to be more PvE when the upcoming content coming from Korea is primarily PvP focussed, such as siege battles and node wars?

PEARL ABYSS, STOP DEVELOPMENT RIGHT NOW! THERE'S A DUDE IN EUROPE WHO SPENT AT LEAST A THOUSAND DOLLARS, YOU'VE GOTTA SCRAP THE PAST 2 YEARS OF WORK TO GIVE THIS MAN HIS PVE!

You don't have these statistics because they probably don't exist, and even if they did and you had the intelligence needed to find and link them, you forget that this is marketed as, developed as and played as an open-world PvP game... The statistics in BDO specifically would probably show about 50% of players being okay with, or even playing specifically for, the PvPJoin the suicide squad or just quit, this game is obviously not for you... 

Give this man a medal.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like both aspects of the game but prefer PVP

I just wish there was more openworld pvp and more roaming going on

Posted

First off I have to say I have really enjoyed my time in BDO thus far and plan to be around for a while. This is not a gloom and doom thread. This thread is about economics, market psychology, and why Daum has basically set this game up to have no future.

The core of the problem revolves around forced PVP.

MMO markets are built around a sense of progression. Especially in a cash shop model, a game MUST give players a sense of constant progression so that they can rationalize "investing" in their characters. BDO doesn't have this for the majority of players, as evidenced by all the threads talking about mass suicide grinding to avoid the ridiculous forced PVP cap at 45.

In every other region you could simply not do the PVP unlock quest at 50 and avoid being fodder for the PVP "end game." For some reason Daum has decided that Americans would like it better if they took a beautiful PVE game and forced everyone to play a way they don't have any interest in once they hit 45, with no quest to unlock. This is the one decision that will cause this game to fail and I honestly can't understand the logic here.

I have spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars on other games. But, I won't be spending more than the initial investment and maybe a horse training suit here. Why? Because there is no sense of progression.

I am stuck with having to face either not getting to continue progressing my character, or being forced to participate in a play style I consider toxic and totally un-enjoyable.

That is a TERRIBLE design.

It is sad, because I would have liked this game to have been more than just another flash in the pan PVP experiments.

When will publishers accept that statistics don't lie? 60-80% of MMO gamers have no interest in PVP. If you want to have a PVP system in your game great, make it purely optional and not needed to progress your character.

But if you force it on a cash shop model be prepared to lose your investments, because your game will fail mark my words.

lol. Whats going to kill this game is the 100% pve we already got. What the ----- are you talking about? You want to afk fish all day ? Go play fisher simulator. You want to kill mobs everyday? Play farmville. Bye

Posted

I wonder how many people who play the game didn't realise that open world PK was a thing when they bought it. I didn't

Posted

Nope. I listed earlier a few MMOs that don't have forced PvP or where PvP is instanced. MMOs with forced PvP are very few and far between.

Posted (edited)

First off I have to say I have really enjoyed my time in BDO thus far and plan to be around for a while. This is not a gloom and doom thread. This thread is about economics, market psychology, and why Daum has basically set this game up to have no future.

The core of the problem revolves around forced PVP.

MMO markets are built around a sense of progression. Especially in a cash shop model, a game MUST give players a sense of constant progression so that they can rationalize "investing" in their characters. BDO doesn't have this for the majority of players, as evidenced by all the threads talking about mass suicide grinding to avoid the ridiculous forced PVP cap at 45.

In every other region you could simply not do the PVP unlock quest at 50 and avoid being fodder for the PVP "end game." For some reason Daum has decided that Americans would like it better if they took a beautiful PVE game and forced everyone to play a way they don't have any interest in once they hit 45, with no quest to unlock. This is the one decision that will cause this game to fail and I honestly can't understand the logic here.

I have spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars on other games. But, I won't be spending more than the initial investment and maybe a horse training suit here. Why? Because there is no sense of progression.

I am stuck with having to face either not getting to continue progressing my character, or being forced to participate in a play style I consider toxic and totally un-enjoyable.

That is a TERRIBLE design.

It is sad, because I would have liked this game to have been more than just another flash in the pan PVP experiments.

When will publishers accept that statistics don't lie? 60-80% of MMO gamers have no interest in PVP. If you want to have a PVP system in your game great, make it purely optional and not needed to progress your character.

But if you force it on a cash shop model be prepared to lose your investments, because your game will fail mark my words.

You are a delusional fckboi that legit needs to get off our game and go play farmville instead. 

Edited by Resigned
s

Posted

PvP fans are so full of hate

Made my day :'D

Posted (edited)

They need to remove as much rng as possible in regards to gear improvement, halt the construction of the gear ladder, and make sure that anything in the shop in regards to stats can be farmed or earned somehow in-game. I know a lot of people are mad about the ghillie

well the ghillie is an aberration, even for a buisiness purpose, since it give an important advantage in pvp, if at some point you will buy a suit, that would mostly be that one, that suit is also detrimental for the others..

Well, that would be me, they should totaly remove the % cc immu ( this thing is more than an absurdity, why on earth you add rng to CC resist and dont let the player control that... ), , and why not turn them into a CC % time increase ( with like +50% max ), and add to evasion movement a CC break with cooldown.

And yeah that gear2win is stupid for a game where pvp is supposed to play a important part. And you see what kind of ppl that system attrack : lazy pvper.

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

Well, that would be me, they should totaly remove the % cc immu, and why not turn them into a CC % time increase ( with like +50% max ), and add to evasion skill a CC break with cooldown.

I'd prefer a stamina based breakout system to be honest, and resists could be converted to "breakout strength" or sort of a stamina cost reduction. A short immunity would still be there but it would only exist to prevent a stunlock and would be much shorter than it is currently. In fact, immunity time could scale depending on stamina spent to break out and would expire after the alloted time or after you used a cc or cc immunity ability yourself.

Edited by Waifu_Hunter

Posted

Just force people who wants to PVP to stay flagged for 24 hours.

People have to realy think if they want to PK someone

Posted (edited)

I'd prefer a stamina based breakout system to be honest, and resists could be converted to "breakout strength" or sort of a stamina cost reduction. A short immunity would still be there but it would only exist to prevent a stunlock and would be much shorter than it is currently. In fact, immunity time could scale depending on stamina spent to break out.

whatever the system to CC break: stam / mana / evasion movement / particular skill... etc.

Thing is, that thing SHOULD be based on player decision, and not rng.

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

Just had to read the Topic Tags to know its another shitpost. please OP if you hate the game so much just GTFO 

hurrdurr forced pvp.... wtf man dont go too close to other ppl farming in the area and you wont have a problem, personally only get pvp few times a day, and ONLY because im retarded and go tag "others" mobs at sausan xD its FUN. if you dont have FUN switch game, dont bring your negativity here, all the intresting Topics gets buried because of these shitposts.

Edited by Valtzu

Posted (edited)

Just force people who wants to PVP to stay flagged for 24 hours.

People have to realy think if they want to PK someone

or maybe instead we can have a police investigation at the scene of a PK and have the perpitrator arrested in real life and sentenced jail time for premeditated murder of a player character. That would really teach them to think then!

Edited by Waifu_Hunter

Posted (edited)

7a4.png

CUTEEEEE

Also I like how OP speaks and says 'us Americans', completely forgetting EU is also here playing this. He must be one of those brainless yanks that is completely ignorant to the outside world. Also, the game won't fail due to forced PvP. Most MMO's I've played have had forced PvP, and they're the best types. You're talking like there will never be any 'honor', among certain people there will be, among others there wont be, this is the enjoyment of an open world game, filled with many people. 

Anyway why isn't this thread closed.

Edited by BeastHunter